Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Official Crow Eating Thread

pacolts56

I thought we were gonna get smashed to smithereens. I didn't see any other way with Hooker out and Mack questionable. 

Until......... I saw Reich's face. He just had this look. I really don't know how to describe it, it's just, I can tell he circled this game way back in the offseason. He looked dangerous. When I saw how both of our lines were bullying the other lines, and how the defense was forcing so many fumbles and almost-fumbles, I knew we were not gonna go down easy.

I honestly still don't know how our secondary didn't get destroyed. 2 absolute nobodies stepped up on the secondary, George Odum and Shak Taylor. 

Not to take any credit or anything, but I had said the 3 people crucial for beating the Chiefs were Malik Hooker, Kemoko Turay, and Marlon Mack. Now obviously we didn't have Hooker, but the other 2 were absolutely key in getting the win. 

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just hate negativity so I agree. It is just always the same 7 or 8 people that do it. If they want to keep doing it, I will keep calling them out. That doesn't fly with me. It isn't many in here but a few where I see it is non-stop. 

I take long vacations 

•   november teachers pay teachers GIF

26 minutes ago, BigQungus said:

I thought we were gonna get smashed to smithereens. I didn't see any other way with Hooker out and Mack questionable. 

Until......... I saw Reich's face. He just had this look. I really don't know how to describe it, it's just, I can tell he circled this game way back in the offseason. He looked dangerous. When I saw how both of our lines were bullying the other lines, and how the defense was forcing so many fumbles and almost-fumbles, I knew we were not gonna go down easy.

I honestly still don't know how our secondary didn't get destroyed. 2 absolute nobodies stepped up on the secondary, George Odum and Shak Taylor. 

Not to take any credit or anything, but I had said the 3 people crucial for beating the Chiefs were Malik Hooker, Kemoko Turay, and Marlon Mack. Now obviously we didn't have Hooker, but the other 2 were absolutely key in getting the win. 

I am glad I am not the only one who noticed how Reich looked. He didn’t look tired and looked ten years younger. Odum and Willis played every snap.

• Like 1

the safetys really stepped up last night.  khari is becoming a good starter in the league, there is no way geathers should be playing over him.  odum is a solid backup that could possibly play corner too

wilson is finding his role, he looks like a zone corner but is much better in man coverage. 

Mack was fantastic, i will eat some crow on that.  not calling him average anymore 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, coltsfan_canada said:

pass me the platter.. I am sorry guys I underestimated these men. Good job Colts..

I'll take a helping, my main target was Eberflus, up to last night i thought he was terrible, needed to go, had the tools and couldn't coach or was way too soft.  He proved different last night, all without all his tools available.  He was aggressive, and played and coached tough.  Keep it up, I'd love to learn to like crow..

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BigQungus said:

whats funny is the post(s) saying how Reich was in front of the press, saying the game wasn't winnable earlier last week.  Completely hog wash as we learned.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I actually picked the Colts to win tonight but hardly nobody else did. Nothing to feel bad about. As Colts fans we can all enjoy the win regardless. We were 11.5 points underdogs in Vegas so it was one of the biggest upsets of all-time :thmup:. We just need to beat Houston now and win the division lmao  

It is so easy to type in numbers and say we will win.
 In this case, this game, there was NO rational for it, so it was a Garbage prediction.
  Enjoy being Smarter than us.   :thmup: :banana::cheer2:

Why, if i had known T Y was going to play i would have predicted us winning easily.  Hahahaha!
  I really enjoyed us Running the Da_n Ball. 
 Some people need to be ordering their Crow on Mack's play. He is as good as his line is.
 And how about how different our D-Line looked with Sheard out there.
 He is good not Great, but he sure is solid doing it right at holding his edge and creating pressure. He makes a big difference. 
  I got a kick out of How i predicted a spanking for us based on the important guys we would be missing on D. And beating those odds sure made Winning that much more fun. 
 Kudos to many, but mostly to our young secondary guys, as they sure did compete.  Go Willis!   Go Colts!      Oh ya, i'm washing down my Crow with my delicious protein shake, and it tastes Great this Monday morning.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Stephen said:

Yea when Mahomes  was unable to run and twist around  and had to stay in the pocket  to throw he didn't  look the same.

This is what Pat McAfee was talking about when predicting Mahomes' future.

He basically said that Mahomes' style of play  is simply not sustainable long term.

3 minutes ago, egg said:

He basically said that Mahomes' style of play  is simply not sustainable long term.

I disagree with it though. He's not a big running QB.   In fact, he got his ankle stepped on in the pocket.       

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Myles said:

I disagree with it though. He's not a big running QB.   In fact, he got his ankle stepped on in the pocket.       

Not talking about how  he got injured, just that he is super-dependent on scrambling constantly.

And if he can't scramble, for whatever reason, he is brought back to earth.......

3 minutes ago, egg said:

Not talking about how  he got injured, just that he is super-dependent on scrambling constantly.

And if he can't scramble, for whatever reason, he is brought back to earth.......

He's still doing very well.    He's good throwing on the run too.  

12 minutes ago, Myles said:

That was the second time.  The first time he started limping and got it taped up after a sack where one of our guys spun him around and another guy fell on top of him.

That was the point where he really stopped being able to toy with pressure and we began to toy with him.

Also on that sack it looked a great deal like our defender got a handle on him to spin him down by... grabbing his cup.  If that was me I'd be limping too regardless of my ankle.  That is NOT designed to be a handle.

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

It is so easy to type in numbers and say we will win.
 In this case, this game, there was NO rational for it, so it was a Garbage prediction.
  Enjoy being Smarter than us.   :thmup: :banana::cheer2:

Why, if i had known T Y was going to play i would have predicted us winning easily.  Hahahaha!
  I really enjoyed us Running the Da_n Ball. 
 Some people need to be ordering their Crow on Mack's play. He is as good as his line is.
 And how about how different our D-Line looked with Sheard out there.
 He is good not Great, but he sure is solid doing it right at holding his edge and creating pressure. He makes a big difference. 
  I got a kick out of How i predicted a spanking for us based on the important guys we would be missing on D. And beating those odds sure made Winning that much more fun. 
 Kudos to many, but mostly to our young secondary guys, as they sure did compete.  Go Willis!   Go Colts!      Oh ya, i'm washing down my Crow with my delicious protein shake, and it tastes Great this Monday morning.

Ok sure it was a lucky prediction on my part but I really felt like we had a chance to win. I did type in 31-30 Colts before the game, I am sure you seen it. The reason why I post like I do it is because of the people that pick us to lose 52-10, 36-17, 42-17, etc.. Now that was really stupid, do you agree? I can see picking us to lose by 10 or so but people picking us to lose by 3 or 4 TD's just didn't sit right with me.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ok sure it was a lucky prediction on my part but I really felt like we had a chance to win. I did type in 31-30 Colts before the game, I am sure you seen it. The reason why I post like I do it is because of the people that pick us to lose 52-10, 36-17, 42-17, etc.. Now that was really stupid, do you agree? I can see picking us to lose by 10 or so but people picking us to lose by 3 or 4 TD's just didn't sit right with me.

I don't think it was out of line to pick the Chiefs to win big.  I thought they would come out fast and hard against us since they had a close one with Detroit and they were now at home in prime time.   The Colts defense also got picked apart by the Raiders the week before.   

I am thrilled that I was wrong.   

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Myles said:

He's good throwing on the run too.  

Of course!.....That's his style that separates him from other QBs. But he needs to sustain that style.

McAfee was saying that throwing on the run is going to be hard to sustain over the long run.

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

I don't think it was out of line to pick the Chiefs to win big.  I thought they would come out fast and hard against us since they had a close one with Detroit and they were now at home in prime time.   The Colts defense also got picked apart by the Raiders the week before.   

I am thrilled that I was wrong.   

That is fine but why would it be out of line for me to boast that I picked the Colts to win? See I can go that route. I really I am doing it because I am happy and not to say I told people so. Most people know I am not like that that follow me. So far this season we haven't been blown out once. The Raiders loss was surprising but they are better than we thought. We only lost that game by 7. The Raiders just beat the Bears and according some the Bears have a dominant defense. 

While eating some KC Bbq at the stadium tailgate last night, I twice said to KC fans beside us that I understood we were going to lose big and likely in a blowout so .... awesome Bbq last night but my share of this crow this morning tastes GOOD!  Fun to see a little blue in Arrowhead. Go Colts!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is fine but why would it be out of line for me to boast that I picked the Colts to win? See I can go that route. I really I am doing it because I am happy and not to say I told people so. Most people know I am not like that that follow me. So far this season we haven't been blown out once. The Raiders loss was surprising but they are better than we thought. We only lost that game by 7. The Raiders just beat the Bears and according some the Bears have a dominant defense. 

I don't think I ever said that.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

That is what you expect from a young defense, something Eberflus is still figuring out the strengths and weaknesses of. One week, the young D plays lights out but another week, could have a cold start, the inconsistency will drive you nuts. The hope is the young D stabilizes to show a good floor as the year goes on.

There will be growth, and growing pains, during the year with the youngsters.

14 hours ago, csmopar said:

Have they released the injury yet? I’m thinking he snapped his ankle or fibula 

I heard Dr. Chao say it was severe ligament damage (the worst high ankle sprain) that also caused ankle dislocation/fracture, and that he will be scheduled for surgery for correction.

1 hour ago, egg said:

i disagree with Pat on this one

PM averages 16 rushing yards a game, he is not a take off and run QB.  he runs to avoid hits and find throwing angles.  his biggest injury so far is from his own Oline stepping on his ankle  

• Like 3

14 hours ago, rockywoj said:

And yet, in the regular season during the Manning era, we still usually won the game. People seem to forget that. Teams tried the control the clock thing, succeeded in controlling the clock, but still usually lost to the mighty Colts. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d812d2d98/article/despite-dominating-time-of-possession-dolphins-fall-to-colts

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I heard Dr. Chao say it was severe ligament damage (the worst high ankle sprain) that also caused ankle dislocation/fracture, and that he will be scheduled for surgery for correction.

ugh! he may be lucky to even be back next year. 

23 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

PM averages 16 rushing yards a game, he is not a take off and run QB.  he runs to avoid hits and find throwing angles.  his biggest injury so far is from his own Oline stepping on his ankle  

Mahomes would be just fine standing back in the pocket and taking whatever he can within the structure of the offense. He'd be a top five QB in the NFL. When he scrambles, he becomes the most dangerous player in the NFL. So take away that special ability, and he's still more than good enough to take apart most defenses.

I absolutely call nonsense on this take that Mahomes' style isn't sustainable in the NFL. He's basically Russell Wilson, but he doesn't have to bail out of the pocket as quickly or as often, and he has a stronger arm. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, chad72 said:

Now the Raiders game still has me puzzled.

They played bad football last week. Drops, missed tackles, missed blocks, awful coverage, poor play calling on defense in particular... That's enough to look like a bad team pretty much any week.

They tightened up pretty much all of those areas this week. 

25 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

McAfee wasn't talking about "running the ball" and getting hurt...

He was talking about Mahomes bread and butter which is scambling to pass.

Every body knows he doesn't run for yards like a M Vick......

McAfee was saying that scrambling like crazy, every game, to pass the ball, is going to be hard to sustain long term.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, egg said:

McAfee wasn't talking about "running the ball" and getting hurt...

He was talking about Mahomes bread and butter which is scambling to pass.

Every body knows he doesn't run for yards like a M Vick......

McAfee was saying that scrambling like crazy, every game, to pass the ball, is going to be hard to sustain long term.

Funny, I had the same opinion.  Where/when did McAfee say this?

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

Mahomes would be just fine standing back in the pocket and taking whatever he can within the structure of the offense. He'd be a top five QB in the NFL. When he scrambles, he becomes the most dangerous player in the NFL. So take away that special ability, and he's still more than good enough to take apart most defenses.

I absolutely call nonsense on this take that Mahomes' style isn't sustainable in the NFL. He's basically Russell Wilson, but he doesn't have to bail out of the pocket as quickly or as often, and he has a stronger arm. 

IMO Mahomes is a combo of Wilson and Luck. He's more Wilson with his elusiveness and agility and ability run away from all sorts of pressure from everywhere, but he's more Luck than Wilson the moment he evades the rush and is outside the pocket. Wilson is somewhat erratic fleeing the pocket and makes a ton of plays outside of pocket but a lot of the time when he runs away of the pocket he runs away to run. Both Luck and Mahomes run away from the pocket in order to make a pass, both keep their eyes downfield until the very end. 

But yeah... agree with both you and @aaron11 Mahomes is a great talent inside the pocket. He becomes exceptional when you add his ability to make a play out of structure.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Superman said:

It almost seems like this sentiment, that his style isn't sustainable, comes from a place of wishful thinking more than anything.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

It almost seems like this sentiment, that his style isn't sustainable, comes from a place of wishful thinking more than anything.

People did it with Wilson also. I feel like he's been a special QB for a while now, but a lot of people wanted to write him off as "a running QB," which was weak to me. And Mahomes is already on a different level. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Superman said:

I'm tired of people telling other people how to be good fans. People experience things differently, and that's okay.

at least none of our fans on this forum are advocating for players to commit suicide after losses. I'll take any of the fans on this forum vs what I read this morning from KC's forum. 

• Like 3