Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Raiders release Antonio Brown! (merge)

Restinpeacesweetchloe

32 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I’m thinking he goes to Houston

Julio Jones just got a $66 million fully guaranteed extension, 64 million due at signing.  You think AB would take less?  Or anyone would pay more?

Rich Gannon spoke to a former GM that has already talked to 6 current NFL team GM's. Not a single one of those 6 had any interest at all to bring AB in.  I think the number is a lot larger too.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

I think his playing days are done. Nobody wants to touch this one

I heard earlier  at least 6 GM's were not interested. Period. I've heard another GM say to the "will he get a job?" question- 'Yes.  Eventually. Probably 1 year, 5 million.'  There could be incentives too.  Would AB accept in desperation?

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

how does AB pay his fines? He's not getting any pay. no bonuses, no salary. None, not even-

his workout bonus.  Can the NFL veto any future contract until fines previously incurred are paid to the Raiders?

I would assume he doesn't have to pay any fines if he gets cut

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

But that assumes a certain amount of players have similar personalities as AB.  They would have to be the type who wouldn't: accept having to follow instructions about oxygen therapy, accept routine meeting schedules, accept helmet rules that were designed for their own protection, and who would call their boss a cracker to his face.

It's not just personalities, it's situations.  Things 'come up'  at times. Some may be approved for LOA. Others likely wouldn't. So in that instance, a player doesn't show.  Claims upon return you didn't fine XXX, why should he be fined?  Rules for 1 and not another usually doesn't work.

How many players skip attending regular team meetings? 

Not that we hear of, but not all get out of the building either.

Do most players attend because they will be fined

Yes, part of it...

if they don't, or do they attend because its what they are supposed to do. 

That's another part. The last is to be sure of their assignments for the upcoming week/game.

I  assume the NFL isn't populated with a bunch of lazy low-lifes who try to get paid despite not showing up for work.

Things happen, but  teams have a history of breaking rule #1-

http://www.espn.com/espn/wire/_/section/nfl/id/13998994

I hate to say, but there's only one GM that matters: What does Bill Belichick think? He's taken chances on Albert Haynesworth, Tim Tebow, and Chad Ochocinco. I feel like this signing is right up his alley and Antonio Brown will suddenly be in a position to compete for a Superbowl ring. I bet he'd love to rub that ring in everyone's face.

20 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

I hate to say, but there's only one GM that matters: What does Bill Belichick think? He's taken chances on Albert Haynesworth, Tim Tebow, and Chad Ochocinco. I feel like this signing is right up his alley and Antonio Brown will suddenly be in a position to compete for a Superbowl ring. I bet he'd love to rub that ring in everyone's face.

BB, and Pete Carroll.

Others mentioned BoB (Texans?).  How about Bob Quinn? (Lions)

13 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

BB, and Pete Carroll.

Others mentioned BoB.  How about Bob Quinn? (Lions)

Pffff..... have at it NE..... anyone who allows him in their building deserves whatever they get.

Nevermind being a locker room distraction....

Antonio Brown is proving to be the football equivalent of that candiru parasite in South America that swims by way of urine stream into one's privates.... causing excruciating pain during removal.

2 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Julio Jones just got a $66 million fully guaranteed extension, 64 million due at signing.  You think AB would take less?  Or anyone would pay more?

Rich Gannon spoke to a former GM that has already talked to 6 current NFL team GM's. Not a single one of those 6 had any interest at all to bring AB in.  I think the number is a lot larger too.

Well I was wrong, I shall eat my crow now. 

Would be funny if  this turns out to all be a scheme by the Hooded one hahaha

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Well I was wrong, I shall eat my crow now. 

What made you think it was not possible? As I mentioned earlier, they have signed guys like Dillon, Moss, and Gordon. Remedy wrote others that I completely forgot in Haynesworth and Chad Johnson (Ochocinco). They are not afraid to take chances on talented guys with character issues.

• Like 1

Just now, NFLfan said:

What made you think it was not possible? As I mentioned earlier, they have signed guys like Dillon, Moss, and Gordon. Remedy wrote others that I completely forgot in Haynesworth and Chad Johnson (Ochocinco). They are not afraid to take chances on talented guys with character issues.

Cause A.B. isn’t a character issue, he’s a nut case