Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The reasons why Andrew Luck will return next year.

Coltsfan0112

I don't think it will happen.  Andrew has a lot of other interests and I think the comment about how football was not letting him live the life he wanted to live is telling.  

I don't think it can conclusively be ruled out given his age.  But he just doesn't seem like a guy who would change his mind on big decisions a lot.

On 8/28/2019 at 1:16 PM, dodsworth said:

I'm over this already, I'm excited to see if what both Brissett and Kelly

can do in Reich's system. Both men have been cleared by Brian Decker's

check list, so no one knows if Luck has what it takes to pass Decker's 

testing system, since he was both signed and resigned by Grigson.

You're kidding, right............. you're not seriously wondering if Luck would pass a testing system

• Like 1

On 8/28/2019 at 5:56 PM, ColtsBlueFL said:

Upper tier QB's don't grow on college campus trees, nor is it easy finding/getting a very good QB or every NFL team would have one.  Miami has been searching since Marino, How many QB's in FA and draft picks has the Browns gone through these last few decades? 

they had their chances, they just picked the wrong guys or made the wrong moves

the Bills have been searching for a while too, they traded the pick that was used on Mahomes 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cbear said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he plays again, but imo, it won't be for the Colts. 

I wouldn't ever be comfortable that this wouldn't happen again and I doubt Ballard would either.  He'd be traded. 

Best for his legacy if he stays retired. 

Best for Indy fans if he stays retired.  Can you imagine if he ever met his potential greatness with another team?

• Like 1

He’s not coming back.  

Saw his jersey and shirts etc are in the clearance section of the proshop.  I found it sad.  

I’m not mad any more and appreciate what he’s done here.  Hope they get a chance to give him a better send off than that Schefter driven cluster.  

• Thanks 1

Like his father Luck is very intelligent. He has a degree in architectural engineering. A smart person after fully healed from injuries would not walk back in to the fire in most cases.  The Colts have a very solid offense right now. Their schedule is not a cake walk but their division is not anything to fear. How good Jacksonville will be is yet to be seen. Brissette should carry the load and if he can't them bring in Kelly. Rookie QBs have faired well recently. Cleveland and KC were solid last year with their starters and this year the Giants have Daniel Jones on standby.

On 8/28/2019 at 12:49 PM, krunk said:

I can see him coming back as well.  I just think he needed a minute to get away from the game with the new marriage and the new  baby.  Just get his head cleared out.  Problem is if he comes back how long will it take before the next injury happens and a new cycle of rehab.   Will he be back out the door?

I'll have what you're drinking.  Any QB who is so fragile removes himself from consideration.

19 hours ago, aaron11 said:

they had their chances, they just picked the wrong guys or made the wrong moves

the Bills have been searching for a while too, they traded the pick that was used on Mahomes 

That's the point. Teams may sometimes 'think' they got their guy, that Franchise Face of the Team QB.  Then...

66696651-shit-emoji-poo-emoticon-poop-em

Consider this small example. Jerry Jones tried to trade a bunch of draft capital to get Paxton Lynch.  It fell through. The Cowboys eventually had to select Dak Prescott.  Looking at it a couple years later, how did that all turn out?  

Gold_bullion_2.jpg

Franchise quarterback(s). You either have one, are developing one, or are constantly trying to get one.  I hope we are not the latter, and not for very long if so.

7 hours ago, Roger said:

Best for Indy fans if he stays retired.  Can you imagine if he ever met his potential greatness with another team?

Imagine he comes back and he ends up in New England with Belichick and wins like 5 more SBs for those SOBs. Yeah stay retired Andrew because I don’t think he will ever play for the Colts again.

18 hours ago, BigQungus said:
On 8/28/2019 at 11:16 AM, dodsworth said:

I'm over this already, I'm excited to see if what both Brissett and Kelly

can do in Reich's system. Both men have been cleared by Brian Decker's

check list, so no one knows if Luck has what it takes to pass Decker's 

testing system, since he was both signed and resigned by Grigson.

You're kidding, right............. you're not seriously wondering if Luck would pass a testing system

Not necessarily joking. Look, there's a whole lot to this situation we don't know (and probably never will). When I heard the news I was saddened, but not angry. How someone reacts to adversity - especially long term adversity - varies from person to person regardless of how talented or smart they are. I would be very concerned if Luck wanted to return to football.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VaAllDay757 said:

I went to play madden 20 and since they removed luck the colts offense rating went from a 90 to a 77.....wow

SportsLine ran multi-thousands of computer simulations after the Luck announcement.  They now rank the Colts last in the AFC South.  They also tout that their SportsLine proprietary computer model went 176-80 straight-up last season.

:(

10 hours ago, dgambill said:

Imagine he comes back and he ends up in New England with Belichick and wins like 5 more SBs for those SOBs. Yeah stay retired Andrew because I don’t think he will ever play for the Colts again.

they would never trade him there. i wonder what happens if Luck wants to come back but we have another QB and dont really want to go with Luck again 

i wonder if the team can say no and he has to stay retired, or could Luck basically force a trade

9 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

SportsLine ran multi-thousands of computer simulations after the Luck announcement.  They now rank the Colts last in the AFC South.  They also tout that their SportsLine proprietary computer model went 176-80 straight-up last season.

not surprising i think colts are either third or forth in the south right now, and have the worst QB in the division until JB proves other wise. Vegas and the computer models dont trust Jacoby yet

39 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

"Multi-thousands" is not a large number for computer simulations. We often used hundreds of thousands, to millions. It depends on the assumptions behind the models (I did this for a living). Often, the patterns in the data are deceptive.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

not surprising i think colts are either third or forth in the south right now, and have the worst QB in the division until JB proves other wise. Vegas and the computer models dont trust Jacoby yet

I actually trust in the acumen of guys like Charlie Weis and Bill Parcells on NFL QB's. JB is very high on both of their lists.  I think much has to do with intangibles as well as ability.

JB has taken over 1200 first team reps this pre-season.  He and the team are ready.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Roger said:

I'd be happy for him, but admittedly (and selfishly), as a Colts fan, I'd rather this not happen. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, coming on strong said:

i wouldnt want him if he changed his mind right now and said he was healthy and wanted to play week 1.    brissett is better and younger . 

So basically you wanted brisket to start over Luck in the first place. What a truly dumb idea

On 8/28/2019 at 12:29 PM, Coltsfan0112 said:

I agree 100%. Hypothetically speaking, say if Luck does want to return next year they will openly take him back but make no mistake Ballard will still make it a point to draft a young Qb in fall back. Say if Jacoby plans out he may trade Jacoby or trade Luck. It all depends. Also, the big decision is Irsay and I doubt he will want Luck traded.

Irsay needs to stay out of it and let Ballard do his job that he was hired for. I have more faith in Ballard than Irsay.  JMO   I personally don't see Andrew coming back but who knows what the future holds.