Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts draft Bobby Okereke, LB, Stanford

MTC

Good pick. I love Okereke. He drew comparisons to none other than Darius Leonard, so... 

Length off the charts just like Leonard... movement ability, sideline to sideline... good play recognition, playmaking ability off the charts just like Leonard... 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I like Walker but I've not been as high on him as some other fans have been. I'm all for adding LB'er help, and the more I'm reading into this guy the more I like.

Think Walker can hit the weight room and kick out to strong side?

One thing that stands out about him is his 34 1/2 inch arms. Like for comparison, Kaleb McGary, the Offensive Tackle who went to Atlanta in the 1st round has 32 3/4 inch arms despite being 6'7. This goes back to the Colts production videos where Ed Dobbs talks about have unique charactereistics that make up for size.

Also Okereke is very athletic and good in space, something we need more of in the LB corps. This is a good pick by Ballard.

Overall very pleased with Ballard and the Colts front office work tonight.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, stitches said:

Good pick. I love Okereke. He drew comparisons to none other than Darius Leonard, so... 

Length off the charts just like Leonard... movement ability, sideline to sideline... good play recognition, playmaking ability off the charts just like

Looks good

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

Is he like Sean Lee?

Not exactly. Sean Lee is master of processing and reading the field. He wins with incredibly high football IQ and smarts. I don't think Okereke has this level of instincts and play recognition, but he might be more athletic and better mover.