Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

FA Agency Day 2 and beyond.

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

because we don't play him coverage. jesus chirst you guys don't get it. You want us to put geathers in deep cover 2 zone instead of playing in the box to his strength?

You know why we don't?? Because he SUCKS at it. If we could get a SS that wasnt useless in coverage he will be replaced period the end. We have to sign over the hill Safeties to play because Geathers is terrible at everything but making tackles. But I'm sure if he was the super star you think he is then Ballard would have already locked him up.

33 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

You know why we don't?? Because he SUCKS at it. If we could get a SS that wasnt useless in coverage he will be replaced period the end. We have to sign over the hill Safeties to play because Geathers is terrible at everything but making tackles. But I'm sure if he was the super star you think he is then Ballard would have already locked him up.

We signed "over the hill safeties" because we play a lot of three safety looks and we lost fairley early in the season and the only other safety on the roster was Odum. Also Ballard raved all about wanting Geathers back so I guess he doesnt suck

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Cleveland fans probably have not had this much excitement in years. They will be fun to watch. 

They will quickly become annoying like all other fan bases not used to winning.  Won’t be long before they are popping off smack here.  Lol 

17 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I was interested in Tate at 2-years...  maybe 3, but that would be the Max.  At 4-years I’d be out of the discussion.   Especially at nearly 60 percent guaranteed!    Yikes!

It's really just a 2 yr deal, both at 11.5M per. 

Longer term if it doesn't come with guaranteed money (for the team, worse for the player).

20 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The Steelers traded a player they just signed to an enormous contract.    And Brown was still such an enormous jerk that (A) the Browns still traded him despite (B) a huge dead cap salary hit and (c) getting pennies on the dollar in draft pick return.

If ALL THAT doesn’t tell you that the problems with Brown are far more than with just Ben Roethlisberger, then I don’t know what will?

Cut it out. It was between two individuals and one had to go. thats the bottom line. Nothing more, nothing less. I mean AB is like top 3 in the league and Ben is..

Mean while, How is this FA turning out for you? Is it what you expected? hearing crickets?

Wait the Colts phone is ringing... Darnit, it was a prank call! How many visits have they setup? As quck as they come, they quicker they leave. Im not digging that. Same was true last year.

14 minutes ago, CR91 said:

We signed "over the hill safeties" because we play a lot of three safety looks and we lost fairley early in the season and the only other safety on the roster was Odum. Maybe actually watch the games and form your own opinion. Also Ballard raved all about wanting Geathers back so I guess he doesnt suck

He also raved about John Simon lmao. You are so excited about the most average players ever that's how you always are.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

He also raved about John Simon lmao. You are so excited about the most average players ever that's how you always are.

What was he supposed to say about simon? He was too small to play DE. I do this all the time? Name another player

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

What was he supposed to say about simon? He was too small to play DE. I do this all the time? Name another player

You think Walker has a lockdown on his spot and a upgrade isnt needed you thought desir is the next great shut down corner and we had to get him back when we could have filled that spot pretty easily 

John Simon just got a new deal with NE at DE 

12 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Come on Leonard, you're too rich to shop at Walmart haha 

Man Leanord looks really small. Especially for a NFL LBer. Cool that he's taking pics though. Now get your butt to eating and banging iron

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Last I looked doesn't TY own a % of the city of Houston?

We better never let him hit FA, Hou would be all over that being as he literally owns the place. They'd probably triple our offer....:D

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

These dudes in Houston talk a lot of smack for a franchise that has never even made a final 4. They can't even beat us in the playoffs in a rebuild year.

That may be true but if I was a Texans fan that is exactly what I would want to hear him say.  

Hopefully he is more talk than substance and T.Y. continues to run wild in H-Town. 

42 minutes ago, Finball said:

It's really just a 2 yr deal, both at 11.5M per. 

Longer term if it doesn't come with guaranteed money (for the team, worse for the player).

That’s one way of looking at it.

But if that’s the case, I suspect that was a non-starter for Ballard.

40 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

Cut it out. It was between two individuals and one had to go. thats the bottom line. Nothing more, nothing less. I mean AB is like top 3 in the league and Ben is..

Mean while, How is this FA turning out for you? Is it what you expected? hearing crickets?

Wait the Colts phone is ringing... Darnit, it was a prank call! How many visits have they setup? As quck as they come, they quicker they leave. Im not digging that. Same was true last year.

If you think the Pittsburg Steelers absorbed all those negatives just to make BR happy,  I don’t know what to tell you.

We’re just going to have to agree to disagree.

Going by the last 20 seasons, that is 2 decades = 1999-2018 seasons we are the 2nd best franchise out there. We have the 2nd most wins and 2nd most playoff appearances only behind the Pats and have a SB win. If the Pats fans want to talk crap to us, nothing I can say about that but when Houston fans do it, I do this = :funny:. 1 team out of 32 has us over the last 2 decades :lol:. I get in that time frame the Steelers, Giants, and Ravens fans will say they won 2 SBs but they didn't even come close to the overall wins we have had. Hell, Luck beat Houston at Houston in the playoffs in a rebuild year. Many had us pegged between 4-6 wins :funny:. So much for that stink prediction by ESPN and the NFL Channel, no wonder why Heath Evans was fired  rotflmao. That fool Elliott Harrison had us rated 32nd, how did that work out Mr genius? 

17 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

That’s one way of looking at it.

But if that’s the case, I suspect that was a non-starter for Ballard.

Ballard hasn't signed FA to 2 year guaranteed deal so far. Though I'd assume that they've offered ones (Collins, Norwell, Jensen). But those guys were much younger than Tate.

58 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

That may be true but if I was a Texans fan that is exactly what I would want to hear him say.  

Hopefully he is more talk than substance and T.Y. continues to run wild in H-Town. 

Problem is by the time Ballard gets done with this thing the Texans will have a lot more to deal with than just TY. Gonna be hard to just sit back and key on him.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Finball said:

Ballard hasn't signed FA to 2 year guaranteed deal so far. Though I'd assume that they've offered ones (Collins, Norwell, Jensen). But those guys were much younger than Tate.

In the interest of fairness I’m not sure any GM has signed anyone to a 2-year fully guaranteed contract.   It just isn’t done.   I think the Cousins deal was the first multiyear fully guaranteed deal.  

If im wrong I’m sure someone will come along and correct me.    As for the three top players you mentioned...  we definitely offered big, big money including plenty of guaranteed money. It just wasn’t enough.   That’s Ballard’s discipline on full display...