Jump to content

Recommended Posts

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CR91 said:

 

I dont know if thats dumb or genius haha 

 

I'm going with genius. But its not a terrible idea anyway. There will always be someone willing to take accommodation or tickets off your hands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CR91 said:

 

interesting, but i don't see him falling past 15, and I don't see the colts using the draft capital needed to move up to get him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Irish YJ said:

interesting, but i don't see him falling past 15, and I don't see the colts using the draft capital needed to move up to get him.

 

Mocks have him going between 15-20. If hes there at 18, colts can move up and still keep both second round picks. Draft calcutor shows the 18th pick is worth our 1st 3rd and 4th round picks which is not too steep and we can always trade down from 34 to get back a pick if we want to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CR91 said:

 

Mocks have him going between 15-20. If hes there at 18, colts can move up and still keep both second round picks. Draft calcutor shows the 18th pick is worth our 1st 3rd and 4th round picks which is not too steep and we can always trade down from 34 to get back a pick if we want to.

 

You say this as if it's just that simple and that your cost estimate is close to accurate.  Stop using the draft calculator as the be all, end all.  It is not.  I keep going back to what it cost the Saints to move up to 14 from 27.  They had to swap # 1's with the Packers last year and also give Green Bay a 5th rounder last year and a # 1 this year.  

 

To move up, that is the far more likely required compensation.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jskinnz said:

 

You say this as if it's just that simple and that your cost estimate is close to accurate.  Stop using the draft calculator as the be all, end all.  It is not.  I keep going back to what it cost the Saints to move up to 14 from 27.  They had to swap # 1's with the Packers last year and also give Green Bay a 5th rounder last year and a # 1 this year.  

 

To move up, that is the far more likely required compensation.  

 

Thats 12 spots compared to 8 and moving to pick 15 compared to pick 18. That is two completely different scerinos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think any team willing to trade back from the mid/late teens is going to wanna be well compensated or they'll just stay where they're at.

Plus I think it's very possible Burns gets taken by the Panthers or the Giants. They both could use an edge. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I think any team willing to trade back from the mid/late teens is going to wanna be well compensated or they'll just stay where they're at.

Plus I think it's very possible Burns gets taken by the Panthers or the Giants. They both could use an edge. 

Feel the same way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, CR91 said:

 

Mocks have him going between 15-20. If hes there at 18, colts can move up and still keep both second round picks. Draft calcutor shows the 18th pick is worth our 1st 3rd and 4th round picks which is not too steep and we can always trade down from 34 to get back a pick if we want to.

last 4 or 5 mocks i saw from this week had him gong 6, 8, 11, and 14. CBSx2, SBN, SI, NFL.com

would like to have him, but i don't know if i'd part with a 3rd round pick + others. I just don't see it after picking Houston.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Irish YJ said:

last 4 or 5 mocks i saw from this week had him gong 6, 8, 11, and 14. CBSx2, SBN, SI, NFL.com

would like to have him, but i don't know if i'd part with a 3rd round pick + others. I just don't see it after picking Houston.

 

They also had Gary going in the twenties do you see that happening?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

They also had Gary going in the twenties do you see that happening?

 

 

I can see Gary dropping out of round 1 entirely, so yeah, 20s sounds good ;)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PureLuck said:

 

I can see Gary dropping out of round 1 entirely, so yeah, 20s sounds good ;)

 

No way that happens. He has top 5 upside in this class...AND doesn't have any character or off-field red flags. Several teams will gamble on that.

 

If he does make it to #26...and Ballard passes on him...I would be shocked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

They also had Gary going in the twenties do you see that happening?

 

i've only seen one mock of him outside the top 15. neither would shock me falling into the 20s, but i would be a bit surprised.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Irish YJ said:

i've only seen one mock of him outside the top 15. neither would shock me falling into the 20s, but i would be a bit surprised.

 

You never know what happens in the draft. The draft we got Hooker, no one though he would drop to 15 because it was defense heavy draft and yet teams took offensive players

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CR91 said:

 

You never know what happens in the draft. The draft we got Hooker, no one though he would drop to 15 because it was defense heavy draft and yet teams took offensive players

yup, there's always surprises. i do think gary and burns though have too high of upside, and too good of ratings, to fall far. i've seen Ferrell drop outside of 20 in a few too. 

 

every mock though has someone falling farther than you would think, and others shooting up. i just try to follow the trends across all of the different mock sources. one guy i've been raving about for a while is S Thornhill. Was a 4th round guy in early mock drafts, and now making his way into the 1st round in some mocks. CBs and Ss have been all over the place for the last month or so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

You never know what happens in the draft. The draft we got Hooker, no one though he would drop to 15 because it was defense heavy draft and yet teams took offensive players

The only team that knows what could happen is the team with the #1 Pick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

The only team that knows what could happen is the team with the #1 Pick

 

Very true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I not use mocks to research players

 

Course not. I did my homework on Brian Burns before he was mentioned in the first round. Same with Darnell Savage who imo is the second best safety in the draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

Course not. I did my homework on Brian Burns before he was mentioned in the first round. Same with Darnell Savage who imo is the second best safety in the draft.

Forgive me, but I am bit giddy over the latest WNBA Mock but meant to say that I only use Mocks to research players

 

  work working GIF by joonasjoonas

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Forgive me, but I am bit giddy over the latest WNBA Mock but meant to say that I only use Mocks to research players

 

  new girl autocorrect GIF

 

I need to do my own research. I don't trust these so called "experts"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

I need to do my own research. I don't trust these so called "experts"

I revert back to coaching days and over prepare so use the mocks to narrow down the contenders

 

    I am doing the opposite right now to prepare for the WNBA Draft

       Instead of researching players I am researching teams that could draft Jackie Young

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Not sure if this is true or not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CR91 said:

 

Not sure if this is true or not

 

Makes sense. Surprised it hadn't happened sooner when there were reports of other RBs visiting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we are better off looking for a FA running back then one in the draft since we have 3 pretty good ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think we are better off looking for a FA running back then one in the draft since we have 3 pretty good ones.

Agree, Mack, Hines, Wilkins and Williams are solid. If they are looking for a short yardage bruiser they can definitely find one laying around in FA. 
Whats LeGarrette Blount up to? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RNGDShobby said:

Agree, Mack, Hines, Wilkins and Williams are solid. If they are looking for a short yardage bruiser they can definitely find one laying around in FA. 
Whats LeGarrette Blount up to? :D

Pass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2019 at 4:17 PM, Chloe6124 said:

I think we are better off looking for a FA running back then one in the draft since we have 3 pretty good ones.

I also hope that they dont use an early 1 or 2 pick on a RB

 

However, if Montgomery is still on the board at round 3 (doubtful) I am grabbing him

If Snell is still on the board in round 4, I am grabbing him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CR91 said:

 

 

Can i borrow him next Saint Patricks day when i'm trying to get a beer from the bar?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • In 8 years when Arch is coming out, could we be so lucky to?  Another 15+ years with another Manning?
    • I think the best record in the AFC will be 11-5, here's what I predict as an early prediction for the AFC: 1. Chiefs 11-5 - I have them beating us for the tiebreaker because I have us losing to them during the regular season. I don't think Mahomes will come close to the year he had last year but I can still see him throwing for 40 TD's and 4500 Yards. If they lose Hill that will be a blow and losing Houston and Ford puts a dent into their defense too. I do not see them going 12-4 again but can still see them getting the #1 seed.   2. Colts 11-5 - tougher schedule but seems reasonable, I think we get a bye week. Winners of the AFC South.   3. Patriots 10-6 - still will be real dangerous in the playoffs but I think record wise they fall off a tad. They will still win their division. They will win the tiebreaker over the Browns because they will beat the Brown at Gillette during the regular season.   4. Browns 10-6 - I have them winning the North, on paper the Steelers do not impress me and not sure Jackson can stay durable for the Ravens.   5. Chargers 11-5 - very tough wildcard team. Unfortunately for them they will end up 5th because they will lose the tiebreaker to the Chiefs somehow IMO.   6. This will be a crapshoot on who gets in, I will go with the Texans at 10-6. They have a knack of winning close games every year and still have a solid defense. Their defense was tied for 4th in the league in points allowed last season. Watson isn't great but he is good and he has a top 5 WR in Hopkins.     It will take 10 wins to get in IMO.
    • Cubs lost but so did the Brewers so no harm done. Cubs still maintain a 1.5 game lead over the Brewers in the NL Central, 3 over the Pirates, and 3.5 over the Cards. If we can have the lead in the division going into June which is a huge month I will take it. After starting the season 2-7 I wasn't sure how May would end up. Still don't.
    • From what I've seen, Hill is still on the team and they drafted Mecole Hardman (who is a Tyreek Hill clone) to replace him just in case. Chiefs are the favorites IMO. I think we finish 2nd or 3rd in the AFC with a tougher schedule.
    • I picked Ballard and GM in general. Seattle is not successful with Wilson right now but they were when their defense was awesome. You could even say the coach is more important.  Parcells and Gibbs could have been successful with me at QB. Recently  The Eagles did it with some great GM work, great coaching and a backup QB. 
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...