Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

FA Agency Day 2 and beyond.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• If you look at how the trend is heading nowadays it seems like GM has become a complementary role to the Head Coach.  Where they basically work hand in hand with the coach or maybe even for them in scouting the class and shaping their board.  But I think the old model, the classic GM at the top ensuring you have that year to year consistency (and maybe even setting the course on what type of team he wants) has its advantages.   Ballard's a good GM.  Having that in place is really important for your long term health of the franchise.  So I think from that perspective the franchise is immediately better off than half to two-thirds of the rest of the league.   I think what he's missing is the right coach.  He needs someone more current, more creative.  Not necessarily the trendy offensive mind but a head coach who is young and gives you a tactical advantage on one side of the ball and has a chance to grow into the total package.  There's some good options out there, lot of young coordinators filtering in to the league now, but Ballard can also look at college.   Bottom line is I think we're in good hands at the top.  The roster is strong.  Lot of positives just find the right guy to tie it all together.
    • Not often but it can happen.  Bears D are the reason they won in 85
    • Rodgers has several years left  Rivers will probably be here 1 more tops
    • I wonder whose expectations are the reference on this.  Make a colored chart, put it up on twitter, and, well, it's true right?   Then I realize I'm getting old and shouldn't look at anything that is termed social media.  
    • Colts are a defensive team.  Some might not like the scheme, but making teams drive the entire field works.  Ranked 4th in scoring right now, and below 20ppg which is a feat nowadays.   Some gotta reset their opinion of what a good defense looks like I think.  It's all relative to the rest of the league.   And btw being strong in the trenches and tough to score on is a really nice combo in the playoffs.  
  • Members

• Boondoggle

Boondoggle 35

• lincolndefan

lincolndefan 59

• KB

KB 515

• Dogg63

Dogg63 1,230

• ColtMan

ColtMan 3

Rookie