Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

No. Collecting a bunch of tackles isn’t impacting. Someone else can step in and do the same. 

 

Depends on where the tackles take place.  

 

Geathers is actually pretty good in run support but is a bit lacking in coverage.  

 

We could do better but we could do worse as well.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

 

Did you see the video of him visiting Carr at his house. They looked liked best buds. It was kind of odd with the bad reputation he has going around.

 

Everyone needs a villain 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think ballard will most likely wait until after the draft to see what holes we need to fill before signing anyone else. I am going to guess that Geathers is signed.

After the draft?    Not likely.

 

He’ll be signing guys next week and the week after.   He did last year.   It worked well.   

 

He will also also sign a few after the draft.   He did that as well.   But the majority will be done in March.   I promise.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

 

Did you see the video of him visiting Carr at his house. They looked liked best buds. It was kind of odd with the bad reputation he has going around.

 

 

I honestly think the whole thing was just a stunt created by his agent. Drew is a very bombastic individual. Im surprised Hilton has the same agent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

 

Did you see the video of him visiting Carr at his house. They looked liked best buds. It was kind of odd with the bad reputation he has going around.

 

It's going to be real awkward if they end up drafting Kyler Murray.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

The next person after him was kenny moore. You want your slot corner be third on the team in tackles? You just don't get the importance of Geathers on this defense. You care more about his injuries then his play

Kenny Moore also sacks, pass breakups, INT,  TFL and FF's. Making an IMPACT is more than just tackles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Kenny more also sacks, pass breakups, INT and FF's. Making an IMPACT is more than just tackles.

 

Kenny blitzed from the slot. The colts ran that play the majority of the time on third down. Just because Geathers isn't making the splash plays like moore or Leonard doesn't mean he doesnt have an impact on this defense. Him and walker don't get the respect they deserve. Even those who dont get what Hooker's role is on the defense dont give him his respect.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't hate Geathers, in fact I think he's pretty decent, but if we're calling him an impact player then I think we're using that term pretty loosely.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I don't hate Geathers, in fact I think he's pretty decent, but if we're calling him an impact player then we're using that term very loosely.

The truth with Geathers is pretty much what’s you said. Even when he is healthy, he’s only average. He’s overrated by some here because he’s still living off of accolades and plays from his rookie season. That’s the last time he was an “impact” player. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

The truth with Geathers is pretty much what’s you said. Even when he is healthy, he’s only average. He’s overrated by some here because he’s still living off of accolades and plays from his rookie season. That’s the last time he was an “impact” player. 

 

No one is saying hes Leonard, but for you guys to say he hasn't had an impact on this defense is laughable

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

No one is saying hes Leonard, but for you guys to say he hasn't had an impact on this defense is laughable


Every decent player has an impact on their team. I just think the term impact player means more, as confusing as that sounds. I think of an impact player like Luck, Leonard, TY Hilton, and Nelson. A guy who can change a game with one play or a guy who stands out well above the rest.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:


Every decent player has an impact on their team. I just think the term impact player means more, as confusing as that sounds. I think of an impact player like Luck, Leonard, TY Hilton. A guy who can change a game with one play.

 

That is not what an impact player is imo. Is the team worse if said player is not on the field? That is an impact player. Luck, hilton, leonard are playing like HOFers. You can't compare him to them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

No one is saying hes Leonard, but for you guys to say he hasn't had an impact on this defense is laughable

This year? He has? His entire career of the games he’s actually played? He’s been adequate. Impact players make game changing plays. Hilton, Leonard, Luck, Autry, Ebron, etc...Those ate impact players.

 

Anthony Walker, Clayton Geathers, Quincy Wilson, Farley, etc...are adequate players. They bring steady plays but when they’re gone you’re not missing out on any game changing production.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

This year? He has? His entire career of the games he’s actually played? He’s been adequate. Impact players make game changing plays. Hilton, Leonard, Luck, Autry, Ebron, etc...Those ate impact players.

 

Anthony Walker, Clayton Geathers, Quincy Wilson, Farley, etc...are adequate players. They bring steady plays but when they’re gone you’re not missing out on any game changing production.

 

So Odum and mitchell did a better job then Geathers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I don't want to give up a pic for him but if they release him I would rather have him than Ajaiy. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

The truth with Geathers is pretty much what’s you said. Even when he is healthy, he’s only average. He’s overrated by some here because he’s still living off of accolades and plays from his rookie season. That’s the last time he was an “impact” player. 

 

Yep. The 4th down stop against Murray and the Titan a few years ago made him a cult hero (sort of like Vick Balllard's corkscrew TD against TEN in OT).

 

I think he is definitely overrated as the starting SS. That is a position that the Colts could stand to upgrade. And that is before you factor in the injuries...which make him unreliable.

 

Having Geathers as depth would be nice...I just don't like the idea of committing to him as the starting SS. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

 

Geathers is actually pretty good in run support but is a bit lacking in coverage.  

So pretty much Landon Collins?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

So Odum and mitchell did a better job then Geathers?

Mitchell was more impactful in the 1st game he started. He ended up winning AFC defensive player of the week for 7 tackles, a PD, a INT, and a FF. It terms of impact it was more impactful than any game Geathers had this season. Check the game logs and you’ll see Geathers just racks up tackles. He doesn’t create turnovers or create negative plays in general.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

So pretty much Landon Collins?

No difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

Mitchell was more impactful in the 1st game he started. He ended up winning AFC defensive player of the week for 7 tackles, a PD, a INT, and a FF. It terms of impact it was more impactful than any game Geathers had this season. Check the game logs and you’ll see Geathers just racks up tackles. He doesn’t create turnovers or create negative plays in general.

 

Because thats not his role. The colts use him as a dime linebacker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another day with Adrian Phillips still on the market., which isn't too much of a surprise. I know he's not a hugely hot commodity but he's one of the not so well known guy I'm hoping for.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, stitches said:

 

I don't want to give up a pic for him but if they release him I would rather have him than Ajaiy. 

There is really no diff between him and Hynes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, stitches said:

 

I don't want to give up a pic for him but if they release him I would rather have him than Ajaiy. 

 

Yes to this. A RB that is a actually a threat in the passing game. And he's actually been pretty productive running the ball over the past three years. I never really understood his usage in CLE. He's definitely a playmaker in the passing game.

 

I would prefer he get released. But a conditional 6th/7th round pick wouldn't be bad. Colts would only be taking on his base salary + roster and work bonuses...which would mean very reasonable cap hits of $2.3M next season and $4.1 the following season. Doubt they would keep him much longer than that. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Ballard is banking on the draft for the most part. I hope the success there continues as we aren't very active in FA this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

Because thats not his role. The colts use him as a dime linebacker

And that’s fine. Some of that is because of his limitations in coverage. But even as a dime linebacker, he doesn’t make any game changing plays. Geathers is an adequate player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr.Debonair said:

There is really no diff between him and Hynes

 

Sure there is. About 2.5 yard/catch and 1 yard/carry.

 

Johnson is better at making people miss and picking up chunk yardage in the passing game. And he's actually a threat to run the ball (well...out of light fronts and shotgun). I really don't care to see Hines running the ball anymore.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

And that’s fine. Some of that is because of his limitations in coverage. But even as a dime linebacker, he doesn’t make any game changing plays. Geathers is an adequate player.

 

So getting us in the top 10 in run defense, that had nothing to do with Geathers?

1 minute ago, shastamasta said:

 

Sure there is. About 2.5 yard/catch and 1 yard/carry.

 

Johnson is better at making people miss and picking up chunk yardage in the passing game. And he's actually a threat to run the ball (well...out of light fronts and shotgun). I really don't care to see Hines running the ball anymore.

 

You wanna give up on hines after one season? He had 800 total yards and 4 tds

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shastamasta said:

 

Sure there is. About 2.5 yard/catch and 1 yard/carry.

 

Johnson is better at making people miss and picking up chunk yardage in the passing game. And he's actually a threat to run the ball (well...out of light fronts and shotgun). I really don't care to see Hines running the ball anymore.

No I whole heartedly Agree Duke is the better player, but they fit the same role so I dont see Ballard looking there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...