Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

FA Agency Day 2 and beyond.

15 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Brissett was good for the 3rd overall pick. MIA has a bad enough roster that can make up the difference between #1 and #3.

Huh?

You lost me.  Totally confused about the first sentence....  

“Brissett was good for the third pick.”...???     Huh?

What does that mean?

Thanks....

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?

What does that mean?

Thanks....

It means that we got pick no. 3 when he was starting for us. 

I don't entirely agree because I wouldn't put much of it on Brissett. We were getting in good position to win games and then the playcalling was giving away wins. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, stitches said:

From what I'm hearing they are trying to be as bad as possible over the next couple of years so they can get either Tua or Lawrence. This kind of fits. I doubt they would be able to sell that to the fans so they probably will sign someone like Fitzpatrick as bridge. 

They're not worried about winning this year.  Build it, draft a QB for when Brady retires.

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

What happened with us getting Luck was so rare. We really should thank irsay and Peyton for moving on. They knew Luck was going to be going number one and we had the number one pick and Luck was ready to start.

Thank Peyton for wanting out of Indy? That's not a bad way of looking at it. And I definitely don't blame him...given the state of the roster at the time. It was what was best for both sides. Colts needed fresh blood and to rebuild...and Peyton needed a team that could win now. Just glad they were able to secure Luck.

57 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

Thing is,  I'd take brissett over tannehill. Hes younger and has a lot more potential then him. So if they got Ryan for a 4th...  Then what's brissetts value? 

Brisset’s value is less.   It’s not as much as Tannehill.   Whatever Brissett did fit us in 17, he didn’t do in 18.   Hard to trade a 3rd round pick for a guy wh basically didn’t play last year like JB.

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?

What does that mean?

Thanks....

It was meant to be a joke. Somebody said MIA was looking to suck next season and secure Tua or Lawrence, which would likely require a #1 or #2 overall pick. The Colts got #3 overall after Brissett's season...but arguably had a better roster.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, shastamasta said:

Thank Peyton for wanting out of Indy? That's not a bad way of looking at it. And I definitely don't blame him...given the state of the roster at the time. It was what was best for both sides. Colts needed fresh blood and to rebuild...and Peyton needed a team that could win now. Just glad they were able to secure Luck.

Has there ever been a more perfectly timed release/draft?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

It was meant to be a joke. Somebody said MIA was looking to suck next season and secure Tua or Lawrence, which would likely require a #1 or #2 overall pick. The Colts got #3 overall after Brissett's season...but arguably had a better roster.

Thanks....  I knew if I got a longer explanation it would make sense to me...   appreciate it!      :thmup:

3 minutes ago, RNGDShobby said:

Has there ever been a more perfectly timed release/draft?

No...which is why it fortunately worked out so well for the Colts. 

I think Peyton was gone either way the moment he signed that contract the year before. 

16 minutes ago, stitches said:

It means that we got pick no. 3 when he was starting for us. 

I don't entirely agree because I wouldn't put much of it on Brissett. We were getting in good position to win games and then the playcalling was giving away wins. 

Yeah...it was meant to be tongue in cheek.

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Brisset’s value is less.   It’s not as much as Tannehill.   Whatever Brissett did fit us in 17, he didn’t do in 18.   Hard to trade a 3rd round pick for a guy wh basically didn’t play last year like JB.

Brissett certainly has more value over Tannehill I would think. Brissett has had numerous games where he shows that he keeps improving and could be a starting QB who is also a team leader. Tannehill hasn't shown that. 

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t know who this is. This same thread was putting it out there the colts may have asked about a Oakland first round pick.

I don't understand what this is really trying to say but it doesn't make sense that the Colts would care about one of Oakland's first rounders. They aren't getting #4, and why would they want #24 or #27 when the Colts have 26? I'm calling it bogus.

1 minute ago, Boiler_Colt said:

I don't understand what this is really trying to say but it doesn't make sense that the Colts would care about one of Oakland's first rounders. They aren't getting #4, and why would they want #24 or #27 when the Colts have 26? I'm calling it bogus.

I agree. The Colts first mention was in reference to Zach Brown, not about the picks.

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

I agree it wouldn’t make sense. Although getting two first round picks would be nice. We still wouldn’t get high enough to get a edge guy.

Yeah, i could see them using #34 to sneak back into the first if someone they like falls but that's the kind of move you make during the draft, not before.

8 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

The Raiders also have pick 35 in the 2nd. Rd.  

4 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I actually was gonna say I wouldn't be surprised if we took a QB late in the draft if we traded Brissett.

Not that I think that twitter is credible, just that it was a thought I had if we traded Brissett.

It would make sense. But would there be a veteran with more experience we could get to back up Luck. You would not get a very good QB late.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, krunk said:

Or they will eventually sign Geathers again.

That doesn't upgrade the position...or cover for Mitchell leaving. I can only speculate on the upgrade part...cause that is my opinion. But I can't just can't see any way they would rely on both Geathers and Farley to stay healthy all year.

6 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

It’s the part about Colt scots being asked to update their QB evaluation...

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It would make sense. But would there be a veteran with more experience we could get to back up Luck. You would not get a very good QB late.

Oh definitely, if we drafted a guy late it'd just be competition for Phillip Walker probably. I just think that Ballard is keen on developing young QB's, especially with Reich here.

Also agree that it'd be wise to go after a veteran if we trade Brissett.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Brissett certainly has more value over Tannehill I would think. Brissett has had numerous games where he shows that he keeps improving and could be a starting QB who is also a team leader. Tannehill hasn't shown that. 

He had those games in 17.    He did almost nothing in 18.    That alone hurts his value.

As for Tannehill,  he may not be a franchise QB,  but he won games on a bad franchise.   He goes to Tennessee as a backup...     And if he's getting Miami a 4...    It's hard to see Brissett getting anymore for the Colts.

The only people in love with JB, are the Colts.   Everything else is wishing and hoping until something concrete happens.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

If you look at the thread they are talking about the Riaders meeting with Zach Brown and they mention the Colts might have interest in him and have 'fat wallet to outbid anyone'(they don't seem to realize that Ballard is not in the business of outbidding people).

The guy says that his contacts are 2 Colts scouts and that :

1. The Colts will rely heavily on the draft to fill out whatever needs they have.

2. The scouts were asked to update their QB evaluations so he connects the dots that Brissett might be on the move and that the Colts are looking to draft a rookie backup QB.  

3. Also, I couldn't find where/if they were talking about the Colts moving up and wanting their 1st round picks. They talked about other teams being interested(Bengals), but not the Colts... at least I didn't see anything about the Colts. If I've missed it, please correct me.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t know who this is. This same thread was putting it out there the colts may have asked about a Oakland first round pick.

I've never heard of these guys either.   But the speculation of drafting a rookie to replace JB makes no sense.    You can't espect a rookie to step in and win in the NFL.

So, if we trade JB in the next two weeks, as I hope we can,  then I'd think we want a proven veteran back-up like we had with Hasselback.    And the FA veterans who fit that description are Josh McNoun,  Ryan Fitzpatrick and Mike Glennon.    I'd be happy with any of those three to replace JB if we eventually trade him.

• Like 2