Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ravens not tagging Mosley

With all the quality DL pass rushers being tagged, this is the guy alongside SS Landon Collins that I really want Ballard to go after. 

The 2019 draft class is weak at LB and S to an extent, so both would be great options in free agency. 

• Like 1

Everyone should go hard after Mosley. He is a solid player and proven commodity that is still young and in his prime.

I would love to add him to the Colts to pair w Leonard (no offense to Walker at all).

There are a bunch of solid LBs to go after this off-season if we choose to.

Mosley, J.Hicks, K.Alexander, Perryman, KJ Wright and then some other guys worth fliers like Preston Brown and Deone Buchannon.

The amount of solid LBs could drive the market down a bit.

Mosley is going to get paid. Not sure if that is where we want to invest our money, but a combo of him and Leonard would be crazy good. Especially if Mosley got healthy and continues his progression at becoming more of as a menace against the pass. He has always been solid vs the run.

29 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Do u think it would be  a better pick up to sign Mosely and draft another safety?  Or to sign Collins and draft another lb? I tend to like Mosley.

We can afford and I would love to have both. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Where has anyone said he was better than DL?

Just because he may not be as good as DL I guess we could use talent he does have.

Mosley from what I saw is pretty solid against the pass. I mean, we already have Leonard and Anthony Walker Jr, so why would we need Mosley?

Just now, DarkSuperman said:

No they both play ILB. NFL.com has Leonard listed as the wrong position.

No they both are 2 different spots on our team DL is the Will and Mosley would be the Mike 

Just now, DarkSuperman said:

Mosley from what I saw is pretty solid against the pass. I mean, we already have Leonard and Anthony Walker Jr, so why would we need Mosley?

Idk prolly cause he's by far better than Walker

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

How good is he in coverage? that's where we need the most improvement 

Not as good as one would like from a player that is going to get 10M per year and 20+M guaranteed (most likely).

On 3/5/2019 at 4:19 AM, DarkSuperman said:

In our base defense, Leonard is an OLB (weakside specifically).  In sub packages he plays more the ILB role.  Either way, Mosely would replace Walker in sub packages, not Leonard.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 3/5/2019 at 3:30 AM, ClaytonColt said:

Time to use some of that cap space and get players like Mosley and Collins over the line.

Young, accomplished, No obvious red flags, fit the system. If you don't pay these sorts of guys in free agency you're never going to pay any one.

...Except your own. We may never pay anyone in FA big money, you are correct. But is that a bad thing? I don't see it. If we are going to overpay anyone, it better be the Darius Leonard's of the Colts organization that were drafted, home grown, and well deserved of the pay day. 

Just my $.02

• Like 1

On 3/5/2019 at 1:19 AM, DarkSuperman said:

No.   They do not play the same position.

If we sign Mosley it would be to play the Mike.    Leonard is the Will.    Walker would move to the SAM.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

...Except your own. We may never pay anyone in FA big money, you are correct. But is that a bad thing? I don't see it. If we are going to overpay anyone, it better be the Darius Leonard's of the Colts organization that were drafted, home grown, and well deserved of the pay day. 

Just my $.02

Of course it's a bad thing. You have to attract talent from every available avenue and if you want to sign top class free agents you have to offer a deal that 31 other teams can't. 

If you want to term that as overpaying then so be it however you can't miss out on good players because you are focused on solely building through the draft.

13 hours ago, ClaytonColt said:

Of course it's a bad thing. You have to attract talent from every available avenue and if you want to sign top class free agents you have to offer a deal that 31 other teams can't. 

If you want to term that as overpaying then so be it however you can't miss out on good players because you are focused on solely building through the draft.

And if we don't want to sign the top class of FA because they are overvalued? I think we signed some dang good FA's last year. If we have another offseason like the last one, we are going to be a true contender. Why do we need to pay big money to overvalued FA's? They haven't panned out in the past for us. Cherilous, Landry, Johnson. All busted. I'd rather be smart and make low risk moves than watch money be tossed in the toilet. Chris Ballard is playing moneyball... and so far making it look like the right thing for this organization. 

12 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

And if we don't want to sign the top class of FA because they are overvalued? I think we signed some dang good FA's last year. If we have another offseason like the last one, we are going to be a true contender. Why do we need to pay big money to overvalued FA's? They haven't panned out in the past for us. Cherilous, Landry, Johnson. All busted. I'd rather be smart and make low risk moves than watch money be tossed in the toilet. Chris Ballard is playing moneyball... and so far making it look like the right thing for this organization. 

Well then we miss out on good players and they go to other teams.

Just because they haven't panned out for us before doesn't mean it's the wrong thing to do. The Patriots splashed out on Stephon Gilmore and that worked for them.

You can't just ignore a whole swathe of potential recruits because we didn't draft them originally and they are good enough to be expensive. We have to pick good players up from every opportunity available. 

• Like 1