Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Marlon Mack got the call from Neon Deion Sanders.

Lawrence Owen

52 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We are actually getting alot of respect today from the media in general but it took a game like this to get everyone's attention. Alot of the talk is still what Dallas didn't do instead of what we did. 

yeah, i've noticed that also.  Not a lot of credit. It's like they are saying the Cowboys came to Indiana and took a 3 hour nap.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We are actually getting alot of respect today from the media in general but it took a game like this to get everyone's attention. Alot of the talk is still what Dallas didn't do instead of what we did. 

Still no RESPECT, only ONE thing left to do & that’s WIN the whole DAMN thing!!!  In my best Mel Gibson voice, REEEEEESPEEEEEEEECT!!!

Kyle Brandt on GMFB is all over the Colts. Plenty respect if you look around. NFL Gameday are also generous in their praise. We need to cut out the 'poor little old us'.....and scoring 0 vs Jax quite righty made some analysts skeptical.

Win at least one play off game this season and we will get the respect some of you are expecting.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Deion didn't like Peyton either. I guess after Marvin made him toast in 1999 he just hated Indianapolis period :funny:

Not to mention Hunter the Punter body slamming him after the comment about beating the punter if he makes eye contact with them.

I was at that game and Sanders was on the sidelines barfing his guts out after that body slam too.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, braveheartcolt said:

Kyle Brandt on GMFB is all over the Colts. Plenty respect if you look around. NFL Gameday are also generous in their praise. We need to cut out the 'poor little old us'.....and scoring 0 vs Jax quite righty made some analysts skeptical.

Win at least one play off game this season and we will get the respect some of you are expecting.

It’s not about respect because losing to the Jags 6-0 deserves no respect!  It’s about the body of work, winning 7 of 8 games & beating the last 2 hottest teams in football.  Rams, Saints, Chiefs on National stage showed this season is wide open for a wild card to run out, aka Giants or 2018 Colts!  What I hear is the Boys didn’t play a good game or they overlooked the Colts this wk?  Did they not WATCH film & see the dominant Oline or dominant Dline???  Did they not foresee how hard it is to WIN on the road??  Are they not focused on one goal like this Colts team is & overcome ALL odds to win the game?  That’s right the Dallas Cowboys came up with excuse after excuse to why they got their butt kicked instead of giving this TEAM props for outplaying them.  

Your right, let’s win a playoff game before getting respect but let me ask you this.  Who wants to play these Colts right NOW?  We don’t need any respect because Colts fans know what we got & cant wait for jaws to hit the floor come SB mania!  There is no NEXT yr, WHY not us in 1 8?

2 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

You might want to back your truck up just a little.

I like your enthusiasm, but we're not in the playoff's yet.  It is quite possible we win out, go 10-6, and still not get in.  I'm not betting the Steelers beat N.O. AND the Ravens beat the chargers, but it is possible.

Now, I still think If we win out we should have a ton of respect even if we don't make the playoffs...10-6 is a heck of a lot better than 4-12.  And I would still Be pleased with the Colts, where they are and where they are heading if they even went 9-7.  We are already past where 90% of the odd's makers said we'd be before the season started.  And I've seen plenty to be very pleased and optimistic about the very near future of this team. 

14 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

You might want to back your truck up just a little.

I like your enthusiasm, but we're not in the playoff's yet.  It is quite possible we win out, go 10-6, and still not get in.  I'm not betting the Steelers beat N.O. AND the Ravens beat the chargers, but it is possible.

Now, I still think If we win out we should have a ton of respect even if we don't make the playoffs...10-6 is a heck of a lot better than 4-12.  And I would still Be pleased with the Colts, where they are and where they are heading if they even went 9-7.  We are already past where 90% of the odd's makers said we'd be before the season started.  And I've seen plenty to be very pleased and optimistic about the very near future of this team. 

Lawrence, I don't drive and I certainly don't have a truck, so I am puzzled at your response. Oh, and I never said we would win a play-off game, I inferred that if our fans want to see more respect from the media, that is what they need to do......

I am very pleased with progress this year, no matter how it ends. If the 'conceded' tie v the Texans stops us getting in, that will be my only real disappointment. 

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I've seen on sports center and GMFB today say if we make the playoffs no one will want to play against us because we are playing so well. 

Lawrence, I don't drive and I certainly don't have a truck, so I am puzzled at your response. Oh, and I never said we would win a play-off game, I inferred that if our fans want to see more respect from the media, that is what they need to do......

I am very pleased with progress this year, no matter how it ends. If the 'conceded' tie v the Texans stops us getting in, that will be my only real disappointment. 

I'm sorry, if you're not American you may not know the idiom.  It means hold on, you are getting ahead of yourself.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Deion Sanders ringing my phone up is the stuff my nightmares are made of. 

Followed closely by Shannon Sharpe knocking on my door wanting to have a deeply philosophical conversation. 

Here’s a bender for you, who would you rather have a discussion with, Shannon Sharpe on philosophicals or Josh McDaniels on ethics?

2 hours ago, Lawrence Owen said:

I'm sorry, if you're not American you may not know the idiom.  It means hold on, you are getting ahead of yourself.

I'm not American, I'm British, and have a fairly decent command of the English language. I was just poking some fun, and pointing out that you had missunderstood my previous post. No harm no foul as they say.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Not to mention Hunter the Punter body slamming him after the comment about beating the punter if he makes eye contact with them.

I was at that game and Sanders was on the sidelines barfing his guts out after that body slam too.

Start at 1:30 for the Hunter punt and take down.....look at the cockiness of Sanders lol 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lawrence Owen said:

I'm not American, I'm British, and have a fairly decent command of the English language. I was just poking some fun, and pointing out that you had missunderstood my previous post. No harm no foul as they say.

Nothing to say other than thank you.  This exchange gave me a good chuckle this morning.

But Braveheart, do you really not drive?

3 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

I'm not American, I'm BGlad ritish, and have a fairly decent command of the English language. I was just poking some fun, and pointing out that you had missunderstood my previous post. No harm no foul as they say.

Glad I said fairly decent and not fantastic. Missunderstood - oops. 

• Like 1

Let me ask all a question, do the Colts deserve recognition?  Recognition doesn’t mean squat just like the pro bowl voting.  The Colts are the HOTTEST team winning 7 of last 8 games.  We’re dominating both lines of scrimmage & oh yeah LUCK is playing like a top 3 QB but got snubbed.  Recognition doesn’t matter, watch for yourself & tell me who wants to play these Colts?  Winning a playoff game is laughable for a barometer of recognition for what this team is accomplishing.  It will be sad if Ravens or %SBURGH win out but won’t take anything away for how I feel about this near Dynasty!