Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Most Painful Week Colts History

GoColts8818

I think this has been the most painful week in Colts fans history. I am sure there is an old timer out there who will tell me about a week that was just as painful but I just don't buy that. I don't think when Johnny U was traded the team turned around and cut more fan favroites the same week.

It's a painful week and probably leading to some painful years. Yet I still stand by my team I am in for the long haul. I think in the end these are going to prove to be the right moves no matter how much they hurt. With that said I understand 100% this hurts and I mean really hurts. I don't know what to say other than I am sorry and I really do mean that. I know this is painful. Stand by your team though, it will be worth it in the end. No team can have this much bad luck forever.

Again I go back to when the Colts traded Harbaugh and I want to say I understand in no shape or form was Jim Harbaugh remotely close to being the player Manning was. Still Harbaugh was my all-time favorite Colt. I remember being upset the day the Colts traded him just like so many have been so upset this week. Still I was willing to give that Manning guy a chance and it paid off. I think the samething will happen here if we stay patient and understand it wont happen over night.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is up there, maybe the week in 1984 when the Colts moved to indy is probably the toughest. Some of these moves were expected and not everyone is upset about losing these players (I am, but I love some of the moves).

True, yet some fans made the move wih the team so I don't know if all would agree with that.

Yes, I made the move with the team. I have a minor in psychology (useless) and yet I have trouble understanding fan loyalty.

As many of us old Baltimore and newer Indy Colts fans know, there have not only been painful weeks, but painful seasons.

Schlicter, Elway, Kush, George, ... I could go on but I don't have enough beer in the house right now.

Yes, I made the move with the team. I have a minor in psychology (useless) and yet I have trouble understanding fan loyalty.

As many of us old Baltimore and newer Indy Colts fans know, there have not only been painful weeks, but painful seasons.

Schlicter, Elway, Kush, George, ... I could go on but I don't have enough beer in the house right now.

Oh I know there have been painful seasons. The first year I followed the Colts they were 1-15 so I know all about the painful seasons. With that said I was just talk about a painful week. Maybe I should say most painful week other than when the team moved although if you moved with the team I am not sure how painful of a week that was and I am not trying to be smart there I honeslty don't know because I didn't know what the Colts were then because I was 2 at the time.

In Indy Colts history, yes it has been the most painful. In Colts history, nope, not even close. The move from Baltimore to Indy was way worse, unless you lived in Indy.

Regardless, pretty devastating week. With all these latest cuts, honestly, I just don't see playoffs as being realistic next year. Before all of the cuts I still felt the team had the heart of a champion. Now however, I see even more holes to fill. Already in need of an OG, DT, CB, SS ... and probably WR, add to that list TE and RB, more depth at LB and even more now at DB.

Forgive me if I am not feeling nostalgic about the return of Colts futility, but now I fear an aberration 2011 will turn out not to be.

:(

I think this has been the most painful week in Colts fans history. I am sure there is an old timer out there who will tell me about a week that was just as painful but I just don't buy that. I don't think when Johnny U was traded the team turned around and cut more fan favroites the same week.

Old timer here. Buy this: ( go to Google and type in '11 Days That Shook The Colts' ). I have lived through this sort of thing before.

So far Grigson seems to be doing all the right things. Hang in there.

She never said she would not be a Colts fan. Personally, I am also going to cheer for Peyton's new team (please don't make me cheer for the Jets), but Colts will be my number 1.

You're correct, and thank-you for having my back. I will cheer for Peyton, tho.

Old timer here. Buy this: ( go to Google and type in '11 Days That Shook The Colts' ). I have lived through this sort of thing before.

So far Grigson seems to be doing all the right things. Hang in there.

I have no problem hanging in here. I lived threw the 1-15 season and all the bad years that followed that. If those didn't run me off this isn't going to do it either. I've said before anyone can be a fan when they are 12-4 every year. Real fans (and I am not saying anyone isn't a real fan) stick with their teams when times are hard and they are very very very hard right now. That's why fan is short for fanatic they do crazy things like stand by their teams when it doesn't make sense too.

You're correct, and thank-you for having my back. I will cheer for Peyton, tho.

Nothing wrong with that. I am not sure how many of his games I can watch but I want him to do well whereever he goes. I'll view much the same as I do Eli. I pull for the Giants because I like Eli and when they aren't playing the Colts they are my favorite team.

It's a painful week and probably leading to some painful years. Yet I still stand by my team I am in for the long haul. I think in the end these are going to prove to be the right moves no matter how much they hurt. With that said I understand 100% this hurts and I mean really hurts. I don't know what to say other than I am sorry and I really do mean that. I know this is painful. Stand by your team though, it will be worth it in the end. No team can have this much bad luck forever.

Again I go back to when the Colts traded Harbaugh and I want to say I understand in no shape or form was Jim Harbaugh remotely close to being the player Manning was. Still Harbaugh was my all-time favorite Colt. I remember being upset the day the Colts traded him just like so many have been so upset this week. Still I was willing to give that Manning guy a chance and it paid off. I think the samething will happen here if we stay patient and understand it wont happen over night.

I have been COLTS fan for 44 years and i have never seen anythong like this but in the long run will be the better for this.Belive me i have seen some lean years and will always stand by the COLTS

I have been COLTS fan for 44 years and i have never seen anythong like this but in the long run will be the better for this.Belive me i have seen some lean years and will always stand by the COLTS

I agree 100%! We just have to stay patient and understand being patient means more than one season. It's going to be rough no question but I am not going any place and I know you and me aren't the only ones!

The Baltimore move was worse for me. As an 10 year boy, I thought my world had ended when the Colts rolled out of town. I didn't understand about or care about the politics involved. I ended up sticking through all that but I still have to rank that period tops on my list. Indy lost one franchise player, not the whole franchise! lol

At least with the Peyton thing this week there is a silver lining in that we have the first pick in the draft and a highly regarded qb prospect staring us in the face. Plus the departure was amicable and probably for the best for both parties. Times change and rosters turn over. Legends come and legends go and new legends rise up.

Like other posters have said, these are the right moves. I know it sucks seeing these guys go but this frees up sooo much cap for 2013. I hope they trade freeney as well. We have a very bright future. Very exciting time to be a COLT fan.

I can't help but be angry with the "Suck for Luck" crowd. Be careful whatyou wish for.

I've wondered a lot of the past couple of weeks how many of those people are mad with what is going on now. Like you said careful what you wish for you might just get it and those people are going to get it. As much as I like Luck and I am one of those who is buying him hook line and sinker and was doing so before this year I never joined the suck for Luck crowd because I just didn't think wanting your team to fail at any point made sense.

I've wondered a lot of the past couple of weeks how many of those people are mad with what is going on now. Like you said careful what you wish for you might just get it and those people are going to get it. As much as I like Luck and I am one of those who is buying him hook line and sinker and was doing so before this year I never joined the suck for Luck crowd because I just didn't think wanting your team to fail at any point made sense.

Exactly - I wished for a win every game until the end. It is a slap in the face for the current team that was playing to have to have heard "suck for luck" ...and 90% of that same people now don't have jobs.

Colt fan here since 1962. From Northwest Ohio. This is not 1972 when the traded John Unitas and a number of other legendary Colts. That one hurt a lot worse for me course I was 17 year old at the time. It was devastating, and there was no preperation for those decisions back then like this week. Crazy thing is Now I have a 10 year old son he is into Manning like I was Unitas and he has not handeled it very well, just like 72, very distraught by Peyton leaving. And now other follow. We will survive and i believe come back with another great team . But this week I have been walking around with a big empty feeling, It will not cause me to follow another team but it will upset me if we do not get back to thecontending side in three years

The move hurt, 1-15 hurt, 2-14's hurt, 3-13's hurt, loss in Pittsburgh hurt, and this week hurt.

For me, the thing that tore me up the most was losing to loudmouth Namath. Then, in round one of the P.O. to the same stinking Jets....41-0. That was the hardest game to watch I have ever seen.

I can't help but be angry with the "Suck for Luck" crowd. Be careful whatyou wish for.

Wishing for an up and coming QB that will extend the Colts to a winning team for the next 14yrs.. What's so wrong with that. It was our duty to let Manning go and play for a Superbowl contender, he owes us nothing more.

Keep an eye on Vinatieri as well. Not a trade there, though---probably a release.

If we are going to release him I think it would have been done now when we released everyone else. Cutting him only saves 1.5 million by the time you eiher draft or sign another kicker you will have saved next to nothing by cutting him. It also makes another hole we have to fill. I think you let Adam play out the next year or two then go get a kicker then.

If we are going to release him I think it would have been done now when we released everyone else. Cutting him only saves 1.5 million by the time you eiher draft or sign another kicker you will have saved next to nothing by cutting him. It also makes another hole we have to fill. I think you let Adam play out the next year or two then go get a kicker then.

McAfee is on the roster already.

McAfee is on the roster already.

Pat is a punter (and yes I know he kicked in college) if you have him kick, punt, and do kickoffs you'll kill his leg real quick. Also even if you did that then you still have to go get a new a holder so that will probably go into that money. Cutting Adam doesn't make a lot of sense. He's not going to kill you with the cap this year or in years to come. There just isn't enough money there to make it worth while.

Also there is still the question of if we were going to relase him why not do it tonight when we cut everyone else? That doesn't make a lot of sense just to hang on to him to cut him down the road.