Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Most Painful Week Colts History

GoColts8818

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She, meaning me, did say that. I have never hidden the fact I was a Manning fan first (starting at UT and then followed him to the Colts) I then became a fan of the Colts, the team, the organization, etc.... Never said I wouldn't remain a Colts fan, but did state I'll have a new team, I don't think I'm alone, here.

I think this is a good point. Like Peytongirl said in another thread a lot of people become Colts fans for different reasons. Not all of them are going to be diehard my blood bleads blue and white fans and that's okay. Just because someone isn't a fan on that level doesn't mean they still aren't a Colts fan and it doesn't mean they are any less welcomed to cheer for the Colts.

I look at it like this I am a diehard Colts fan but I like the Giants because they have Eli Manning. I like to see the Giants do well as a result. They are my number "two" team. With that said I don't follow the Giants nearly as close as I do the Colts and when they lose it's oh bummer the Giants lost. The Packers and 49ers are high on my list because there is just something about the Packers I like (it used to be Favre but I have liked them even without him.) and the 49ers I like because of Jim Harbaugh. I don't pull for those teams nearly as hard as I do the Colts but I would guess that after Eli moves on I will still ilke the Giants because I have grown to build some kinda connection with them by following Eli. That's what I think you are seeing going on here. Some people LOVE Peyton Manning they are diehard Manning fans and as a result they have grown to like the Colts in the process. Now that Manning has moved on not all of those people are going to hate the Colts as a result. They just aren't a diehard fan and there is nothing wrong with that. Being a diehard doesn't somehow make you a better fan than other fans and at times I think sometimes those that are diehards feel it does.

With that said the people who are bandwagon fans (and this poster is clearly not) that are unloading on the team this week and saying I wont cheer for the Colts again and just trashing the team and going as far as to wish bad things to happen to the Colts because of this don't get upset that you get called a bandwagon fan. That's the very defenation of a bandwagon fan, cheer for them to be good and then leave and go cheer for someone else when times get hard. Fans stand by their team when times are hard and clearly they are extremely hard right now.

I go back to something I saw someone say earlier this week that has just really bothered me and that was the person who said I hope you all don't stick around to drown on the sinking ship. I am sorry but that's what fans do. It's what makes things like the Super Bowl the Colts did win so sweet because you were there to see the rough times and it just makes you apericate it more. That's why I've spent years when people would complain about us not winning more going just enjoy what you have because you don't know when it will end and the odds of us having that level of success for that long again is very slim. I mean I also like the Cubs you know how many times I've had to watch that team rebuild and never even sniff the playoffs let alone a World Series? I also like the Pacers (although I was one of those fans the brawl ran off and is just sorta now starting to like them again) and we got to watch a Hall of Famer in Reggie Miller play his whole career here and only go to the finals once and never win it. Championships are not a right like some seem to view them as. They are extremly hard to win and if you are lucky enough to win one savor it rather than going we should have won more. I think in the next few years you are going to see a lot more fans savoring that Super Bowl win than complaining about now winning more because I think we are going to learn to appericate just how easy Peyton Manning and those Colts teams made things look.

I understand being upset and beng mad and being hurt that's natural. It's okay to go hey you know what I don't like what the Colts did or you know what I don't agree with what the Colts did but I am still going to pull for them. The key is to do the last part if you are a fan of something. I don't happen to like the moves the Colts have made this week but I still want things to turn out well for the Colts and in the long run I think they will. By the very defenation of the word fan though if you are cheering agianst them (which wishing curses on them, as I have seen at least one person do this week, is) you can't be a fan. Fans pull for the team not against them.

Just my whole take on the fan thing. Again I don't mean to sound like I am going after the poster here I am not. I get where she is coming from and completely understand her. Just what she said made me think about those other things. Also just to make sure I am clear I am NOT directing the comments at anyone if you think they aply to you well that's up to you because I am not calling out anyone for not being a fan directly. I've said before that's not for me to decide and I believe that. I just gave my defenation of what makes a fan and the different levels of fan hood IMO. I am not trying to single anyone out.

Nevermind, I think I just answered my own question GOAT Greatest of All Time.. Right....????

No we mean Peyton Manning is really part goat :) He loves to eat grass and is very stubern about doing things. In all seriousness you are correct GOAT stands for Greatest of All Time.

Speaking of which I just wanted to take a moment and thank our long standing Pats fans for not sparking any Manning vs Brady debates this week which could have easily been done with the praises that are being put on Manning this week (and rightfully so) and letting Colts fans just have this week to process everything that is going on. High class on their part.

No we mean Peyton Manning is really part goat :) He loves to eat grass and is very stubern about doing things. In all seriousness you are correct GOAT stands for Greatest of All Time.

Speaking of which I just wanted to take a moment and thank our long standing Pats fans for not sparking any Manning vs Brady debates this week which could have easily been done with the praises that are being put on Manning this week (and rightfully so) and letting Colts fans just have this week to process everything that is going on. High class on their part.

haha thanks for the laugh.... and thanks for understanding me in my previous comments.. I love Peyton, but I still love the Colts. I can and will root for both, and yes I think that is okay :cheer:

Has someone posted the estimated cap money we will actually free up in 2012. I don't think it is as much as people think because of accelerated bonuses hitting our cap as dead money. We might see alot in 2013, but I saw an analysis a couple of months ago that said we didn't free up much by cutting Clark, Brackett and Addai for 2012.

Check out the pinned thread entitled "The Cap", Frog has done tons of research into it and has put it all up

She never said she would not be a Colts fan. Personally, I am also going to cheer for Peyton's new team (please don't make me cheer for the Jets), but Colts will be my number 1.

This.

I will cheer Peyton on where ever he plays. I've been a fan of his since his freshman year at Tennessee. As long as he is not playing against the Colts I'll cheer him on.

I think this has been the most painful week in Colts fans history. I am sure there is an old timer out there who will tell me about a week that was just as painful but I just don't buy that. I don't think when Johnny U was traded the team turned around and cut more fan favroites the same week.

It's a painful week and probably leading to some painful years. Yet I still stand by my team I am in for the long haul. I think in the end these are going to prove to be the right moves no matter how much they hurt. With that said I understand 100% this hurts and I mean really hurts. I don't know what to say other than I am sorry and I really do mean that. I know this is painful. Stand by your team though, it will be worth it in the end. No team can have this much bad luck forever.

Again I go back to when the Colts traded Harbaugh and I want to say I understand in no shape or form was Jim Harbaugh remotely close to being the player Manning was. Still Harbaugh was my all-time favorite Colt. I remember being upset the day the Colts traded him just like so many have been so upset this week. Still I was willing to give that Manning guy a chance and it paid off. I think the samething will happen here if we stay patient and understand it wont happen over night.

GC, my dad bought seaon tix when I was a Soph. in HS. And I can tell you this.... The NFL moves on.

It is the "young twenty somethings" who have their panties in a bunch over PM.

The fact of the matter is .... as PM stated... "times chance".....

GC, my dad bought seaon tix when I was a Soph. in HS. And I can tell you this.... The NFL moves on.

Yep I am well aware that things change that doesn't mean it's not painful as you go threw it. Like I keep saying I feel like I went threw this in 1998 when Peyton came in. We just didn't have as many good players. Yet for me personally I just like Harbaugh more than Peyton and that has nothing to do with the fact that Manning is beyond the better player. I just like Harbaugh more. You always love your first and Harbaugh took the Colts as I knew as a fan for the first time to the dance for the first time. I've now seen the Colts give away my favorite player four times, Treadeau, Harbaugh, Marvin, and now Clark. The one thing I've learned. There is always another one which is why I keep saying this too shall pass.

Yep I am well aware that things change that doesn't mean it's not painful as you go threw it. Like I keep saying I feel like I went threw this in 1998 when Peyton came in. We just didn't have as many good players. Yet for me personally I just like Harbaugh more than Peyton and that has nothing to do with the fact that Manning is beyond the better player. I just like Harbaugh more. You always love your first and Harbaugh took the Colts as I knew as a fan for the first time to the dance for the first time. I've now seen the Colts give away my favorite player four times, Treadeau, Harbaugh, Marvin, and now Clark. The one thing I've learned. There is always another one which is why I keep saying this too shall pass.

Well said.....

Andrew Luck will make us all feel ........................

dare I say .... LUCKY? heheeh...

What a "crock" I am not in my young twenty's, and I do not have my panties in a bunch.... I do however recognize the fact that PM is one of the greatest men to ever play this game, with class, integrity, leadership, talent, and excitement for this organization as well as the entire NFL.

What a "crock" I am not in my young twenty's, and I do not have my panties in a bunch....

Some of us are anxiously awaiting the continuation of this conversation.

If only to find out what "times chance" means. Maybe he's moving to a State that has Powerball or something.

What a "crock" I am not in my young twenty's, and I do not have my panties in a bunch.... I do however recognize the fact that PM is one of the greatest men to ever play this game, with class, integrity, leadership, talent, and excitement for this organization as well as the entire NFL.

Would U take a pay cut, or a "restructured contract" to remain a member of the "greatest team" youve ever played for?

I for one am a bit tired of the Manning love fest. He could have remained a Colt. yet chose not to.

Let's move on.

Some of us are anxiously awaiting the continuation of this conversation.

If only to find out what "times chance" means. Maybe he's moving to a State that has Powerball or something.

sorry... "times change" ...

and Manning is changing........ teams......... and taking a chance.....

Sorry kids, I don't spell check my stuff... I let you all do it for me. :P

sorry... "times change" ...

and Manning is changing........ teams......... and taking a chance.....

Sorry kids, I don't spell check my stuff... I let you all do it for me. :P

Good catch, I like that. Just having some fun. Means absolutely nothing.

The entire NFL looks up to Peyton Manning as a role model of dignity & character. He is a fine individual & an exceptional human being that is admired by countless people of any age, gender, or geographical location. Well said Gramz!!! For people who wish to follow Peyton Manning from this point forward, go right ahead. A person can easily watch & admire more than 1 team per year. My primary team will remain the Colts, but I will monitor Manning's new franchise with enthralled enthusiasm too. #18 will always have a special place in my heart. Yoda is amazing!!! There is no other quarterback like him.

Not looking to start a fight... as the mods have stated, but I think Mr. Irsay is making a point that this team couldn't win another Super Bowl, let alone a winning season. Had they held together and had a winning season without Peyton, none of this would have happened. When the Patriots lost Brady, they still hung in there and had a winning season. Mr. Irsay is giving everyone, with the exception of a few, their walking papers. as would any employer who pays top dollar for dismal performances. This TEAM which included coaches, gave Mr. Irsay every reason to do what he is doing now. And... I might add, he is doing so with much class and reserve. I can't believe he hasn't gone off the deep end after such a season of failure from his players and coaching staff. He has showed more class and patience than any other person on this team. He will deliver a better team because he wants to build an NFL dynasty. Something not too many other teams have had success at doing. Mr. Irsay doens't tolerate failure and he shouldn't have to. He has invested too much in his team to expect anything less. A new stadium, and a team that left Baltimore with a rich history of success. I don't know why all the heart ache from anyone after the way our team performed this year. As Herb Brookes once said... I'm not looking for the best players to be on this team.... I'm looking for the right ones! Coach of the 1980 Olympic Gold Metal USA Hockey Team. I bet Mr. Irsay is looking to do the same right now too.

Wouldn't some of you laugh if Freeney, Addai, Wayne, and Clark all follow Peyton to the Dolphins or Cardinals and then they win the Super Bowl for the next three years??? :neener:

These moves had to be made. The only one that I was really surprised about was Dallas Clark. Although we did see what he was capable of last season without Manning. I would've thought we would keep him around as a good security blanket for Andrew. Guess I was wrong.

I agree with all other moves, this one just surprised me.

Wouldn't some of you laugh if Freeney, Addai, Wayne, and Clark all follow Peyton to the Dolphins or Cardinals and then they win the Super Bowl for the next three years??? :neener:

Laugh? Why? It's not like anybody thinks that could happen if they stay in Indy - if they even want a chance they have to go elsewhere. Though 3 in a row anywhere is far too big a stretch to even mention IMO, I'd love to see Peyton playing somewhere for a team that could take 2 out of the next 3! :)

These moves had to be made. The only one that I was really surprised about was Dallas Clark. Although we did see what he was capable of last season without Manning. I would've thought we would keep him around as a good security blanket for Andrew. Guess I was wrong.

I agree with all other moves, this one just surprised me.

How would he be a security blanket for Andrew? Andrew would just lay awake at night questioning - did Dallas drop those passes because I didn't throw them right? :)

Vinatieri may be just an average kicker. He kicks in a dome 50% of the time, and the number of points he scored is below the league average, while his % is merely average.

Life would go on if he were to be cut.

Yeah he is just yout typical average HOF kicker with 4 superbowl rings.