Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign FA Safety Mike Mitchell

TKnight24

4 minutes ago, Calmack said:

The dude who can't cover and always goes for the big hit? ....

Yep, but he is going to be a box safety, and as long as we use him as such, we will get some production out of him, IMO.

He is a bit old school though and might result in a few helmet-to-helmet penalties for us.

1 minute ago, Calmack said:

Its not like box safeties aren't required to cover at times. Feel like we could have gotten someone better..

That's not currently employed? It's not like there are a ton of super talented players that are free agents this late into the season

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

That's not currently employed? It's not like there are a ton of super talented players that are free agents this late into the season

Never said I expected there to be talented players avaiable. But Mitchell is compelte trash, a known bad player. Steelers fans hated him. Why not take a flier on players that can still prove themselves? 

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Bolt/Pittsburgh-Steelers-writer-says-Mike-Mitchell-cant-run-anymore-117236631/

...While he was often criticized by the fans, Mitchell was a favorite among his teammates in Pittsburgh, as the fiery safety was one of the team's most vocal and inspirational leaders throughout his time with the Steelers. Many of his Pittsburgh teammates paid homage to him following his release...

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, CamMo said:

Glad we dropped Pipkins and hopefully don’t have to play him again.  He was looking for a fight the entire time we played the Pats. Doesn’t sound like the signing is any better though haha  

Yeah, after seeing his antics on the field Thursday night I knew he wouldn't last long around here. Ballard & Frank Reich don't tolerate those kinds of actions. 

24 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

Going to miss Geathers for a bit I assume? If so, that's no fun.

2 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

Doesn't sound good about Geathers at all. I fear for his footballing career now.

Agreed w/ Colt Overseas... when I saw that hit that put him out of the game I feared for his neck, which some thought may end his career last year when he was out.... I just read he passed his concussion protocol but his neck is going to keep him out.. not good.

16 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

That's too bad about Pipkins I assume he will be signed back to the PS... I liked him in the Patriots game. Played ok, but was scrappy and a good tackler.  I can see him getting better and making a strong play to be secure on the 53 man roster next year.

It wasn’t the on the field play but the after the play antics

19 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

It wasn’t the on the field play but the after the play antics

If I understand what you're saying, I disagree, I thought he was scrappy on the field as well. And Edelman is one of the most annoying, big mouths in the league, anyone who gives back to him is ok in my book.  And he didn't do anything to draw a penalty, so I don't see the downside.