Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign FA Safety Mike Mitchell

TKnight24

8 hours ago, Calmack said:

Never said I expected there to be talented players avaiable. But Mitchell is compelte trash, a known bad player. Steelers fans hated him. Why not take a flier on players that can still prove themselves? 

ballard likes low dollar low impact players and it saves irsay money, ballard is an owners dream

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

He’s the guy who had the rant last year after the controversial  Bengals game. So that’s cool I guess 

No idea who he is, just curious did he say something way to ignorant or something?

Hopefully he can fill in, he's definitely got experience on a winning team. Be a Mike Adams type pickup.

21 minutes ago, IinD said:

No idea who he is, just curious did he say something way to ignorant or something?

Hopefully he can fill in, he's definitely got experience on a winning team. Be a Mike Adams type pickup.

The whole player safety debate. Lots of people actually supported his rant. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, IinD said:

Probably will be closer to Laron Landry than Adams...

22 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

So the people who know what they are talking about actually have respect for him, and the fans who know very little just parrot each other calling the man "trash"?

I think its time to move on from Geathers, so hopefully Mitchell can provide a bridge. I like the signing.

• Like 1

Praying for Geathers but perhaps he needs to consider his family and safety and shut it down. He always played hard. At least Gronk never threw him out of the club like he did to Sergio Brown. One of the all-time lows for the Colts vs Pats....until the following year when another Colt safety took a snap on a fake 4th down that will forever go down as one of the worst plays in NFL history next to the butt fumble and Mark Sanchez. Sadly if Geathers had been there for either of those plays they probably don't happen (he was suppose to be the snapper instead of Whalen and knew to take a delay of game if it didn't work).

14 hours ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

ballard likes low dollar low impact players and it saves irsay money, ballard is an owners dream

More likely is that he has orders from Irsay on how much he can spend and he's doing what he has to in order to field a competitive team.   Are there better, more expensive safeties available?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2018 at 2:24 PM, Calmack said:

Never said I expected there to be talented players avaiable. But Mitchell is compelte trash, a known bad player. Steelers fans hated him. Why not take a flier on players that can still prove themselves? 

Pretty good game for complete trash 

• Like 7