Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

30 Yards rushing?

horseshoecrabs

464 yards and 4 tds and I hope this ends the debate about, is Luck still good enough. 

That being said lets go back to the oh... you can get any running back cheap that will be adequate.

Well I hope 30 yds rushing a game is all you expect. Oh yea we had 41 yards rushing if you include Luck's 11 yards.

We still need skilled players, obviously  Running back is a glaring need, We can't expect for Andrew to keep carrying this team and stay healthy.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

464 yards and 4 tds and I hope this ends the debate about, is Luck still good enough. 

That being said lets go back to the oh... you can get any running back cheap that will be adequate.

Well I hope 30 yds rushing a game is all you expect. Oh yea we had 41 yards rushing if you include Luck's 11 yards.

We still need skilled players, obviously  Running back is a glaring need, We can't expect for Andrew to keep carrying this team and stay healthy.

Wow, this is impressive, a thread about a actual reason for why the Colts did not win.  Much better than the nonsense threads about the last play, etc.  The lack of a run game is an issue.  I am not sure how much they can do about it with the lack of quality OT play and without a good blocking TE.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

The RB's suck Wilkins is awful.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Really?

we were running against (arguably) the best defensive front and LB group in the league without our top two RBs, a couple rookie RBs, and back-up OT, and no Doyle to help.

what did you expect?  I was impressed we still stuck with it

2 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Really?

we were running against (arguably) the best defensive front and LB group in the league without our top two RBs, a couple rookie RBs, and back-up OT, and no Doyle to help.

what did you expect?  I was impressed we still stuck with it

oh so the other games that we have played is still adequate to you as a respectable running game for us?

1 minute ago, horseshoecrabs said:

oh so the other games that we have played is still adequate to you as a respectable running game for us?

You can't get blood from stone.

If you don't have the talent to run, you most likely won't run well.

Once again.... back-up OTs , 2 rookie RBs, 2 new guards (1 a rookie) , TE injuries/turnover.  What did anyone expect?

Does anyone look at league-wide stats every week?  Its HARD to run in this league.  There are MAYBE a half dozen player/teams that run fairly well, fairly consistently.  Not many.

look how we held the redskins and Peterson.  And Peterson went off before and after our game.

This short passing game isnt helping either.  Defenses can crowd the line because they know we arent going deep.

Look, i'm not happy about our running game either.  But i understand the situation, and i also know the running game doesnt always have to produce big yardage the be successful.  I think this is where Turbin will help.....and Doyle.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WoolMagnet said:

You can't get blood from stone.

If you don't have the talent to run, you most likely won't run well.

Once again.... back-up OTs , 2 rookie RBs, 2 new guards (1 a rookie) , TE injuries/turnover.  What did anyone expect?

Does anyone look at league-wide stats every week?  Its HARD to run in this league.  There are MAYBE a half dozen player/teams that run fairly well, fairly consistently.  Not many.

look how we held the redskins and Peterson.  And Peterson went off before and after our game.

This short passing game isnt helping either.  Defenses can crowd the line because they know we arent going deep.

Look, i'm not happy about our running game either.  But i understand the situation, and i also know the running game doesnt always have to produce big yardage the be successful.  I think this is where Turbin will help.....and Doyle.

I concur with you totally, But my point is we  do have the resources to get better depth at running back & not just hope Mack & Turbin will lead us to the promise land, at running back.

Just now, csmopar said:

I gotta be honest, I'm really starting to warm up to the idea of trading for Bell... something I've been BIG time against. 

I agree with you 100% but he won't be effective unless the OL is fixed. I too was against bringing him in but at this point I don't mind entertaining the idea. 

• Like 1

Our Tackle situation is in great need of improvement....not that no one knows this.

I wish that we'd have been more active in FA for the O-line and maybe RB.  I wanted Solder and Norwell (Tackle and Guard respectfully).  That would have freed up draft picks for Tackles....perhaps instead of Braden Smith, for example.  Not that he isn't any good. 

It would have been nice to be able to sign Carlos Hyde.   I feel like we missed some opportunities in FA that would have filled some problem areas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IcyRhythms said:

Bell is really talented. I'm just not sure he's in this game for anyone but himself. IMO he's shown very selfish behavior, or maybe I don't completely understand the Steelers situation.

I don't see him to be selfish.  He knows the steelers are not goimg to give him a long term contract so why like them put more wear and tear on his body as a running back.  He was carrying a big load for them.  

There is no way it’s all the Offensive lines fault. There are RBs i gauretee that can be more effective behind the current one the Colts have.  I’m not saying trade for Bell, but drafting a back in the 2nd rd next season might be a good idea if one is there like Mixon.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I think if we had Bell we would most likely be 4-0.  We are a one trick pony with just TY.  And no real running threat to compliment him.  He wants to be here and he's there for the taking and it's still not to late to save the season.  What's a GM to do.  Never mind I know the answer. 

ballard likes to build over a period of several years with the top picks in the draft and other teams cuts at cutdown time , if we are very paitent we will make the playoffs again someday

2 hours ago, GwinnettColt said:

Our Tackle situation is in great need of improvement....not that no one knows this.

I wish that we'd have been more active in FA for the O-line and maybe RB.  I wanted Solder and Norwell (Tackle and Guard respectfully).  That would have freed up draft picks for Tackles....perhaps instead of Braden Smith, for example.  Not that he isn't any good. 

It would have been nice to be able to sign Carlos Hyde.   I feel like we missed some opportunities in FA that would have filled some problem areas.

ballard dosent like to sign big money players 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

ballard likes to build over a period of several years with the top picks in the draft and other teams cuts at cutdown time , if we are very paitent we will make the playoffs again someday

It's easier to be patient with a rookie QB.  But we have Luck and he almost pulled out another one.  This could be another wasted year for Andrew and it doesn't have to be.  I can see Irasy losing a bundle this year.  Not good. 

• Like 2

These back would all be good complimentary backs with a prime guy in front. Unfortunately we haven't been able to address that need with all the other ones. 

Our boy Trent was probably seen as that guy.

But to really fix it and not patch it, you've gotta be willing to waste a first Rd pick on one. I assume we're talking studs, not solid NFL backs? We haven't had that luxury with so many needs. The Edgerrin's, Dickerson's and Faulks are Rd one talents.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IinD said:

These back would all be good complimentary backs with a prime guy in front. Unfortunately we haven't been able to address that need with all the other ones. 

Our boy Trent was probably seen as that guy.

But to really fix it and not patch it, you've gotta be willing to waste a first Rd pick on one. I assume we're talking studs, not solid NFL backs? We haven't had that luxury with so many needs. The Edgerrin's, Dickerson's and Faulks are Rd one talents.

Joe Mixon could have been that guy, but we did get Q. Wilson though!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tombstone said:

I don't see him to be selfish.  He knows the steelers are not goimg to give him a long term contract so why like them put more wear and tear on his body as a running back.  He was carrying a big load for them.  

Exactly!! Look at Earl Thomas

2 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Why are we not able to establish any sort of run game? I would have thought for sure having Nelson, Kelly, and Slauson all next to each other we could at least run inside. Is it too predictable? 

We should be able to pound the ball fairly well up the middle with those 3.
 I suspect both Kelly and Slauson are not getting it done.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Joe Mixon could have been that guy, but we did get Q. Wilson though!

Yeah it's tough because we've had problems everywhere if we're being honest. They're trying the RB committee thing, but it's obvious we don't have an Edgerrin James.

I do hate how Luck hasn't had his version of a Gurley, Barkley, Elliot etc so far in his career.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1