Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Swoope

Blueblood23

Just now, 18to87 said:

It was a tough spot for Cox being throw on the field like that, and the refs could have easily let it go. Had he not done the micro-hold, then the first down is still comfortably achieved. 

Yeah, the refs really want to be involved. They got to cover their bets somehow. It'd be nice if they we're actually accountable for their screwups. 

• Like 3

yea like give the Texans a 1 minute play clock, on 4th down at that !!!!

2 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Yeah, the refs really want to be involved. They got to cover their bets somehow. It'd be nice if they we're actually accountable for their screwups. 

1 minute ago, Scott Pennock said:

That was not a hold.....he blocked him and thier momentum led them both to the ground. 

Combine that with the absolute nonsense hold on Nelson.....they sure wanted to make it as difficult as possible for the Colts.....though in the first half they did a good job enough by themselves.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Calmack said:

I also want to point out Ebron drops way too many balls. He should not get a pass because of that nice TD catch. We wouldn't be in catch up/desperation modes if he can consistently catch. 

He's definitely hot and cold. It sucks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Calmack said:

I also want to point out Ebron drops way too many balls. He should not get a pass because of that nice TD catch. We wouldn't be in catch up/desperation modes if he can consistently catch. 

Lots of weapons dropping too many balls.   Hours on the jugs machine after practice this week

2 hours ago, Calmack said:

Which of his "drops" put us in the "catch up/desperation mode"?

I agree he needs to make more of the contested catches but he really didn't flat out drop anything today (that I recall) and I don't remember any of his misses stopping a drive.

Hey, he's better than Coby :dunno:...

7 minutes ago, akcolt said:

Swoope was here since 2015? He's never done much not sure what the fuss is about with this guy. He certainly isn't a game changer

And what exactly was Doyle before they actually gave him a chance? Nothing but a little H back who caught passes in the flat every now and then. You know exactly why the timeframe was long.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ColtsLegacy said:

I’ve said for years that there needs to be a game by game grading system, and referees need to be graded for their performance. 

Sports betting should be the spur of change in officiating. Give up the nonesense romanticism of “letting the guys on the field make the calls”. We have the technology and ability to put someone in the booth with the ability to GET IT RIGHT. Every play. 

Do it. 

There are too many mistakes, and the stakes for them now are too high. 

People already think leagues skew officiating towards certain teams and we have the highest definition video evidence to support or debunk every call seconds after it is made. 

For whatever reason people have this Stone Age mentality that the officials making hard calls in real time and getting damn near as many wrong as right is about protecting the integrity of the game when in reality it’s the biggest thing hurting the integrity of the game. 

Get. It. Right. What’s the problem with that? 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, krunk said:

And what exactly was Doyle before they actually gave him a chance? Nothing but a little H back who caught passes in the flat every now and then. You know exactly why the timeframe was long.

Doyle did what a TE3 has to be able to do to earn an opportunity. First of all he was available week after week. Then he did the dirty work well mostly  blocking while making good on whatever other opportunities came his way.  

I like Swoope and he has a great story. It's going to be very difficult making it as a TE3 or TE4 if you are just a receiver.  Does he contribute on ST's? That's why he's not on the Colts or any other roster.  He is not a reason we lost on Sunday. 

We lost that  game because  2 turnovers gave the Texans an easy 14pts. We aren't winning many games when we give up 14pts on 8 gained yards. It wasn't the roster, dropped passes, not signing more FA's or any of that other stuff. The Kelly snap to no one is inexcusable. 

18 hours ago, John Waylon said:

I’ve said for years that there needs to be a game by game grading system, and referees need to be graded for their performance. 

Sports betting should be the spur of change in officiating. Give up the nonesense romanticism of “letting the guys on the field make the calls”. We have the technology and ability to put someone in the booth with the ability to GET IT RIGHT. Every play. 

Do it. 

People already think leagues skew officiating towards certain teams and we have the highest definition video evidence to support or debunk every call seconds after it is made. 

For whatever reason people have this Stone Age mentality that the officials making hard calls in real time and getting damn near as many wrong as right is about protecting the integrity of the game when in reality it’s the biggest thing hurting the integrity of the game. 

I agree. No reason they shouldn't review everything in question.

We have technology for the dumbest things nowadays. Get it right, and Don't use time as an excuse, many times the living room replay is enough and we clearly see when they mess up.

On 9/30/2018 at 2:37 PM, ColtsLegacy said:

Huh?

What makes you think they're not held accountable?

Every play of every game is graded.    They get reviewed at the end of the year.    If they don't score high enough,  they're fired.    New Refs are hired to replace them.

Just because fans aren't told about screw-ups doesn't mean the refs aren't told they've screwed up.

As for.....    covering their bets....     unless you have proof,  let's just not go there....

18 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Do it. 

Oh,  Dear God....  

This is a spectacular mess.   The Refs ARE graded by the league.   Every play if every game.    And if they don’t cut it, they are let go at the end of a season.

Have no idea why you think that hasn’t happened?   Just because the NFL doesn’t release the grades for the refs, doesn’t mean they aren’t graded.

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Oh,  Dear God....  

This is a spectacular mess.   The Refs ARE graded by the league.   Every play if every game.    And if they don’t cut it, they are let go at the end of a season.

Have no idea why you think that hasn’t happened?   Just because the NFL doesn’t release the grades for the refs, doesn’t mean they aren’t graded.

Oh yeah. An “official evaluation” that includes no actual evidence that anything took place. Ever. 

Futhernore, when was the last time a referee was let go at the end of the season for performance?

If their appeal to ignorance suits you that’s fine. 

Meanwhile, back here in the real world, we have the means and the need for total, 100% transparent accountability. 

Believe in the wizard behind the curtain all you want. The actual proof shows that there are more problems than are being corrected. 

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?

What makes you think they're not held accountable?

Every play of every game is graded.    They get reviewed at the end of the year.    If they don't score high enough,  they're fired.    New Refs are hired to replace them.

Just because fans aren't told about screw-ups doesn't mean the refs aren't told they've screwed up.

As for.....    covering their bets....     unless you have proof,  let's just not go there....

A big Aaron Rodgers "R-E-L-A-X" goes out to you, sir. If I say something that sounds in jest, it's probably because it is.

Still, I don't believe they are as accountable as you believe. That referee union is strong.

On 9/30/2018 at 11:00 PM, akcolt said:

Swoope was here since 2015? He's never done much not sure what the fuss is about with this guy. He certainly isn't a game changer

Swoope was very productive over a handful of the games of the 2016 season. The injury derailed him.

14 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

A big Aaron Rodgers "R-E-L-A-X" goes out to you, sir. If I say something that sounds in jest, it's probably because it is.

Still, I don't believe they are as accountable as you believe. That referee union is strong.

For what it’s worth, of the Big Three Sports,  football has the weakest refs Union.   That’s why they all have full time jobs as other things, and being a ref is a part time job.  I think a small handful of jobs are now full time, but I think it’s mostly a PR job.

Baseball and basketball have MUCH stronger unions.    Seriously.

• Like 1