Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

9-7 this year bet your savings on it

ColtsXNation6

19 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

Colts haven’t beaten :flyingelvis:since the drafting of Andrew Luck. Until that changes, I will always circle that game as an L no matter how bad their WR group is or whatever other narrative the media makes to uplift Tom Brady’s legacy when they win games 

October 4th @ 8:20pm will be my personal Superbowl when the Colts beat those chumps. 

Bengals- L

Skins-L,  mostly because of how AP and our run D looked last week

Eagles-L, their D is too good 

Texans-W, toss up game at home

Patriots-L, Brady vs our defense=loss

Jets- L, second road game in a row against a surprisingly good team

Bills-W, home game against maybe the worst team in the league

Raiders-W, they are not very good

not wanting to be overly negative, but thats how i see the first 8 games for now.  3-5 

16 hours ago, DraftMaster said:

Here's what we'll need to do to go 9-7:

vs Cincy L

We know how that went down.

@Washington L

Our Run game sucks and their defense is good. We cant stop the pass or Run

@Philadelphia L

For obvious reasons

vs Houston L

Another loss  why because we are facing a very good pass rush and we have no pass rush and we have no corners

@ New England L

Next

@ New York (Jets) L

Yeah that defense if scarey good

vs Buffalo toss up

Next

@ Oakland L

Yes that have no mack but who do we have.

BYE WEEK

vs Jacksonville L

Next

vs Tennessee W

Next

vs Miami W

Next

Jacksonville L

Next

@ Houston L

Houston is good enough to beat us on our home turf. A split w/ Houston

vs Dallas L

We make have luck but still no pass rush or run stopper

vs New York (Giants) L

Saquon+Odell, our defense won't be up for that challenge.

vs Tennessee W

Next

This is what we NEED to to to get to 9-7, not impossible, but it'll be tough...

3-13 again

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 6:11 PM, Deadpool said:

and we lost to a team who has not beat Indy in Indy since 1997. and to be honest, I believe AZ has a better defense than what cinci has. Not to mention the skins have a better defense than Cinci.

Philly played an ATL team that also took philly down to the wire in the playoffs last year. Philly has a heck of a lot better team than Cinci.  Not to mention the next two games for indy are on the road. 

Houston is prob the only winnable game in the next three weeks. and I am saying that because I honestly believe Watson is overrated.  I think the colts defense does enough to win this game. 

I honestly expect the colts to go 1-3 in the first 4 games. 2-2 at best. BUT I 100% guarantee you we do not beat philly in philly 

@Deadpool Is that 100% guarantee still good? 

Just askin...

On 9/10/2018 at 2:19 PM, chad72 said:

Have to get that first W to get that 0-2 monkey off our backs. Then, we can talk. 

The reason I am hesitant with going on the bandwagon for 9 wins is, will this young unit learn to win quickly enough? When we had vets like Cory Redding, Bethea, Mathis etc. on D in 2012, we won so many close games (23-20 vs Vikings, 17-13 vs Browns, 19-13 vs Titans, 23-20 vs Dolphins, 20-13 vs Bills and Chiefs, 27-23 vs Titans all games where the D did not give up much). 

I am just not certain this unit will learn to win that fast in close games. Most teams that miss the playoffs in the NFL, their record is defined by a few games that were lost in a close fashion and were defined by a few plays that they did not make, that is how it is in the NFL. I do think there is merit to having a few vets on the team to win close games. At this point, I am not sure what is an acceptable expectation, the "almost wins" and "moral competitive losses" or just purely "wins". 

Luck being 100% healthy for all 16 games gives us a fighting chance in every game, and by virtue of that, 9 games is a possibility. Whether that possibility turns into reality, it purely depends on our ability to close out games on O or D, IMO. Until I see that, I will question the reality, but not the possibility.

Now, we are talking!!! :) 

Let us see how we fare against some heavyweights coming up. 

• Like 1

On 9/11/2018 at 11:24 AM, aaron11 said:

Bengals- L

not wanting to be overly negative, but thats how i see the first 8 games for now.  3-5 

Now that we beat Washington, you would now have 4-4 through 8 games which sets us up for a run at the Playoffs. I think we may even be 5-3 because the Jets are a winnable game, you have us losing to the Jets. 

The first 2 games of the season have made me believe this team is going in an upward direction.

Defense I think is actually better then advertised.  Even if you remember last season where we dropped so many close games.  Keep in mind that a lot of those close games the offense couldn't do anything with the ball in the 2nd half which really put the defense in a difficult spot trying to defend a narrow lead for an entire half of football with an offense that isn't going to put up any more points and is going to go 3 and out on most of it's drives.

I won't make the call about what our record is at the end of the year but so far it looks like this year's Colts is better.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Now that we beat Washington, you would now have 4-4 through 8 games which sets us up for a run at the Playoffs. I think we may even be 5-3 because the Jets are a winnable game, you have us losing to the Jets. 

yeah its doable, these first two games were tough to pick and anyones guess really.  we were favored over the bengals but not the redskins 

the jets are definitely beatable, two road games in a row often makes an impact 

• Like 1

Just now, aaron11 said:

yeah its doable, these first two games were tough to pick and anyones guess really.  we were favored over the bengals but not the redskins 

the jets are definitely beatable, two road games in a row often makes an impact 

4-4 is probably probable now but 5-3 isn't impossible. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. The Defense yesterday really impressed me.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We actually match up well vs Philly, if we don't bang our heads against the wall trying to run against them. Luck most likely has to attempt 40+ passes to beat their weakness, which is pass defense. We have a puncher's chance, I feel, especially if it is Wentz' first game back and can take advantage of some rust there. It might work in our favor, IMO.

3-2 after 5 games, 9-7 becomes a good possibility. 2-3, not so much.

If the Patriots game were not on a short week, given the fact that the Patriots' D takes about 4-5 weeks to get sorted out, I would say we had a chance there too.

On 9/11/2018 at 3:46 PM, mahagga73 said:

Yeah, I'm not seeing the optimists right now.  Seems like they dont have access to a schedule.  

Check again. There were plenty of optimists on this forum after last Sunday... If anything, there were more of them after watching how our offense moved the football for a change and how fast the defense played. Yesterday was on a whole nother level. We have the team, the coaching staff, and most importantly, the confidence now to win 9-11 games this season. 

4 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

I'm expecting a win vs Philly. They are one of those flukeish, lightening in a bottle, SB champs that do not intimidate opponents. 

I'm on the other side.   I'm expecting a loss.   Hoping for a win though.   I'm hoping for some Wentz rust but not expecting to see any. 

On 9/11/2018 at 11:24 AM, aaron11 said:

Bengals- L

Really now?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chad72 said:

We actually match up well vs Philly, if we don't bang our heads against the wall trying to run against them. Luck most likely has to attempt 40+ passes to beat their weakness, which is pass defense. We have a puncher's chance, I feel, especially if it is Wentz' first game back and can take advantage of some rust there. It might work in our favor, IMO.

If the Patriots game were not on a short week, given the fact that the Patriots' D takes about 4-5 weeks to get sorted out, I would say we had a chance there too.

I think even at 2-3 we can still go 9-7 because after we play the Pats the schedule gets favorable. We then play the Jets, Bills, and Raiders. 

53 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think even at 2-3 we can still go 9-7 because after we play the Pats the schedule gets favorable. We then play the Jets, Bills, and Raiders. 

I don't see how we lose 7 games unless we get hit by injuries. We should win the home games.  Let's say we drop one and we gave away the Bengals game so we go 6-2. That means we have to go 2-5 on the road. We already beat Washington.  We play Philly, NE, NYJ, Oak, and then the Jags, Titans and Texans. 

We should beat Oakland and the NYJ.  So we have to lose every other road game.  Philly hasn't looked good and it's a good spot for us. Wentz first game back trying to shake the rust off.  The Texans and Titans don't scare me.  Houston has problems IMO.  We know Chris B and crew want that NE game.

I think we go at least 3-4 the rest of the way on the road. If we take care of business at home that's 10-6. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, akcolt said:

I don't see how we lose 7 games unless we get hit by injuries. We should win the home games.  Let's say we drop one and we gave away the Bengals game so we go 6-2. That means we have to go 2-5 on the road. We already beat Washington.  We play Philly, NE, NYJ, Oak, and then the Jags, Titans and Texans. 

We should beat Oakland and the NYJ.  So we have to lose every other road game.  Philly hasn't looked good and it's a good spot for us. Wentz first game back trying to shake the rust off.  The Texans and Titans don't scare me.  Houston has problems IMO.  We know Chris B and crew want that NE game.

I think we go at least 3-4 the rest of the way on the road. If we take care of business at home that's 10-6. 

I think we have a chance at 10-6, we just need to beat the teams we supposed to beat like the Bills and Raiders for example + get wins against the the Texans and Titans at home. I really wish we would've won that Bengals game but oh well. We somewhat made up for it yesterday because winning on the road is never easy.

3 hours ago, akcolt said:

Yeah, I always wanted Vinatieri to beat the Pats on a game winning FG but that day has never come. 

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think we have a chance at 10-6, we just need to beat the teams we supposed to beat like the Bills and Raiders for example + get wins against the the Texans and Titans at home. I really wish we would've won that Bengals game but oh well. We somewhat made up for it yesterday because winning on the road is never easy.

We usually win one no one thinks we are going to. That being said I think we get one of our toughest three games. We either win @Philly @ NE or @ the Jags. I would love it if this were the year we into Foxboro and getting the W.  I think it's much more likely we get Philly. They haven't really been able to get going this season. A Super Bowl hangover maybe. They get Wentz back and he will help the team in the long haul. He's going to take a minute to find his groove. We really couldn't get them at a better time and Reich's history there should help. 

22 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

I'm expecting a win vs Philly. They are one of those flukeish, lightening in a bottle, SB champs that do not intimidate opponents. 

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Philadelphia is the most overrated team in the NFL.

The Colts May be one of the underrated.

Philly is banged up and yet has a 73% chance to win. 

I can’t wait until Sunday!!

On 9/17/2018 at 11:15 AM, chad72 said:

Well, nobody knows more about what they want to do than Frank Reich. 

1 hour ago, P'Son said:

You better hang onto your money.

Well now that you've chimed in and we've seen two weeks, I might toss the cash down as there most certainly is a path to 9 wins (maybe more). For purely money making reasons, the Colts are actually one of the better over/under plays available. They're better than 7 wins.

On 9/17/2018 at 1:54 PM, ColtStrong2013 said:

Check again. There were plenty of optimists on this forum after last Sunday... If anything, there were more of them after watching how our offense moved the football for a change and how fast the defense played. Yesterday was on a whole nother level. We have the team, the coaching staff, and most importantly, the confidence now to win 9-11 games this season. 

I hope your right obviously. I liked what I saw last weekend. The schedule is pretty doable after the bye week. I'm not sold on either Houston or the Titans after watching them a bit on gamepass. 

On 9/17/2018 at 7:48 AM, Smonroe said:

@Deadpool Is that 100% guarantee still good? 

Just askin...

Yes, sorry people can say i am not a " real colts fan " if they want but I do not see the colts winning in Philly. Sure Wentz will be playing, and he may be rusty..... but I think the Eagles are the better team right now. IF the colts defense plays like last weekend this could very well be a close game, But I am not sold on the Colts defense yet.

That being said, IF the colts win not only will be as excited as the rest of you on here, BUT I will even admit I was wrong. I'm man enough to admit when I am wrong. But I would be lying if I said I am not hoping for a colts win, because I think that would be a big boost for the Colts if they beat the Defending super bowl champs on the road.