Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Path to 53 (Colts Roster Cuts Thread)

TKnight24

4 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

What a rough time for these players

Earlier in my career, I hired a former NFL kicker to be on the sales team for my company

His resume said:

Team 1XX 

Team 2XX 

Team 3XX - 

On and on

He was fired by 10 teams

He played a total of 7 years , and played for 11 teams if my memory serves me.

He also actually beat the Colts with a Last minute kick..... :(

(I hired him anyway)

I cant imagine being in a job where your chance of getting fired is so high

The pucker factor must be sky high for the "bubble" players

Im anxious to see who we end up with....

As a fan, I hope one or two of these young WRs step up and contribute.... we need them

Pascal???  (I used to program in College with Pascal)

Its a good thing these guys have a college degree to rely on. If they dont hope they didnt spend too much on a sweet ride and mommas house. It sucks having a blue collar job.

1 hour ago, Colt Overseas said:

Jeez, does that mean Luck, Kelly, Haeg, Clark, Ridgeway, Geathers and TY are Grigsons only draft picks left

Not surprising GMs bring in their own guys and if the previous GM was doing well drafting there wouldn’t be a new GM.  Even fewer may be here by the end of the weekend,  Clark could very well end up released too.

4 hours ago, Peterk2011 said:

All I wanted to say is that I was surprised, that an ex-NFL player had to do sales for the living. But if he played in the 80's, I get it. Money was different back then. I'd be surprised if a current NFL kicker would have to take a regular job after 7 years of NFL carreer for a living. Even a kicker. (Assuming that he takes good care of his earnings, invest them, etc.)

I was listening to First Things First this morning and they alluded to the fact that Gronk has not spent any of his actual football money.  Evidently he lives of the endorsements, shoe deal, or whatever.

5 minutes ago, i am yoda said:

I was listening to First Things First this morning and they alluded to the fact that Gronk has not spent any of his actual football money.  Evidently he lives of the endorsements, shoe deal, or whatever.

I have  feeling he a lot of endorsements that I as a Midwesterner know nothing about

1 hour ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I'm pretty sure he was referring to Pascal the old computer programming language from back in the day.  It was a joke you probably have to be over 40 to appreciate. 

You're probably right. He mentioned young WRs righ above it, so I was thinking Zach Pascal.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

Just read on Rotoworld that Kasen Williams was cut

Colts waived WR Kasen Williams.

Williams didn't have a terrible preseason, but it's a bad sign he couldn't make a wide open Colts depth chart. His release likely locks Daurice Fountain and Zach Pascal into roster spots. Aug 31 - 7:02 PM

1 hour ago, rockywoj said:

Colts waived WR Kasen Williams.

Williams didn't have a terrible preseason, but it's a bad sign he couldn't make a wide open Colts depth chart. His release likely locks Daurice Fountain and Zach Pascal into roster spots. Aug 31 - 7:02 PM

I really hoped he could latch on.

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Not surprising GMs bring in their own guys and if the previous GM was doing well drafting there wouldn’t be a new GM.  Even fewer may be here by the end of the weekend,  Clark could very well end up released too.

Tbh. The only Grigson picks that are 100% safe are Geathers, Hilton, and Kelly. Luck doesn’t really count. Ridgeway had a good pre-season but who knows what Ballard thinks. Denzel Good is also a Grigson pick who could end up cut. 

9 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Patriots cut WR Devin Lucien... Ballard brought him in last year after cuts but he got hurt. Whenever I watched him he makes plays.

https://nesn.com/2018/08/devin-lucien-appreciates-clean-slate-bill-belichick-gives-patriots/

I may be in the minority but unless a WR comes free much more impressive then Lucien or Lazzard I hope we roll with Pascal and Fountain. I like what Pascal brings especially on ST's. We had to know Fountain would require patience making the jump from UNI. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Tbh. The only Grigson picks that are 100% safe are Geathers, Hilton, and Kelly. Luck doesn’t really count. Ridgeway had a good pre-season but who knows what Ballard thinks. Denzel Good is also a Grigson pick who could end up cut. 

I think Ridgeway is pretty safe after the pre-season he had.  I also think Haeg stays, not because he played so awesome but because someone has to play right tackle and he did as well as anyone at it in the pre-season.

16 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I think Ridgeway is pretty safe after the pre-season he had.  I also think Haeg stays, not because he played so awesome but because someone has to play right tackle and he did as well as anyone at it in the pre-season.

Haeg and Ridgeway might get it out of pure necessity if nothing else. Haeg plays multiple positions but doesn’t play any of them “well”. He’s the best of a bad bunch when it comes to RT though.

Ridgeway ....we’ll have to see.