Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Path to 53 (Colts Roster Cuts Thread)

TKnight24

Deadline is Saturday September 1st 4pm ET 

Post all cuts here and anything concerning cuts to help our mods and help make the forum a neater and easier place to navigate 

Updated!!!

We have made the following roster moves to reach the league-mandated 53-man roster:

https://t.co/3pKppWIA5s

https://t.co/F0W5Po3FPe

— Indianapolis Colts (@Colts) September 1, 2018

:coltshelmet:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What a rough time for these players

Earlier in my career, I hired a former NFL kicker to be on the sales team for my company

His resume said:

Team 1XX 

Team 2XX 

Team 3XX - 

On and on

He was fired by 10 teams

He played a total of 7 years , and played for 11 teams if my memory serves me.

He also actually beat the Colts with a Last minute kick..... :(

(I hired him anyway)

I cant imagine being in a job where your chance of getting fired is so high

The pucker factor must be sky high for the "bubble" players

Im anxious to see who we end up with....

As a fan, I hope one or two of these young WRs step up and contribute.... we need them

Pascal???  (I used to program in College with Pascal)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MikeCurtis said:

Earlier in my career, I hired a former NFL kicker to be on the sales team for my company

His resume said:

Team 1XX 

Team 2XX 

Team 3XX - 

On and on

He was fired by 10 teams

He also actually beat the Colts with a Last minute kick..... :(

(I hired him anyway)

I cant imagine being in a job where your chance of getting fired is so high

The pucker factor must be sky high for the "bubble" players

Im anxious to see who we end up with....

As a fan, I hope one or two of these young WRs step up and contribute.... we need them

So true

There are a few guys from the Pocket who tried multiple times to catch on a roster but couldn’t and even tried the SemiPro and CFL route

My HS VP was a NFL draftee who got hurt and never got a shot

9 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

So true

There are a few guys from the Pocket who tried multiple times to catch on a roster but couldn’t and even tried the SemiPro and CFL route

My HS VP was a NFL draftee who got hurt and never got a shot

Its a fragile thing

I see these 22 years olds that have a ton of money, then hang with the hood, and are out of football in 2 years

Even sadder are the people that get the big money, and are broke at 31..........

Its supposedly over 50% of the players are bankrupt 2-3 years after playing

But......  when I was 22.....  I wasnt any "brighter".

I DID choose to marry my ex-wife

:catfight:

:Gaah:

She was a Bengals fan... I had no choice  :)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Its a fragile thing

I see these 22 years olds that have a ton of money, then hang with the hood, and are out of football in 2 years

Even sadder are the people that get the big money, and are broke at 31..........

Its supposedly over 50% of the players are bankrupt

It all matters about the people who surround them

Even though there has been several NFL “failures” in the Pocket there have been guys like Ken Dilger, Kevin Hardy, and Scott Studwell among others

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Its a fragile thing

Its supposedly over 50% of the players are bankrupt

It is a shame that too many of these players get the money and live for today. A lot of them make enough money to last a lifetime and spend it like there is no tomorrow.

Sad part is most of the people who are family and friends take advantage of them because they can. When the money runs out so do most of so called family and so called friends disappear.

• Like 2

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

It is a shame that too many of these players get the money and live for today. A lot of them make enough money to last a lifetime and spend it like there is no tomorrow.

Sad part is most of the people who are family and friends take advantage of them because they can. When the money runs out so do most of so called family and so called friends disappear.

Improper programs at their HSs

4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Improper programs at their HSs

i'd also say improper programs at the collegiate level too. 

1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Agreed

The only reason I had him on the “bubble” was injury concerns

same here

48 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I really hope Simon's not on the bubble, and I know Reich came out and said it didn't mean anything, but I thought it was strange that Simon was playing until late in the 4th quarter in the 2nd preseason game. 

that is very strange. I'll be honest, I fell asleep shortly after half time.

32 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

His resume said:

Wow. I thought NFL kickers who were in the NFL for 7 years, earn enough that they don't ever need to take such jobs as salesman in their lives. I mean, it took me 10+ years to have 1+ mills in investments (well, I'm a bad businessman I guess :) ), but still, even that 1+ guaranteed me that I won't need to be employed any more in my life .. barring another world crisis and total bankrupcy and such ofc.

Just now, Peterk2011 said:

Wow. I thought NFL kickers who were in the NFL for 7 years, earn enough that they don't ever need to take such jobs as salesman in their lives. I mean, it took me 10+ years to have 1+ mills in investments (well, I'm a bad businessman I guess :) ), but still, even that 1+ guaranteed me that I won't need to be employed any more in my life .. barring another world crisis and total bankrupcy and such...

I think he kept some of the money, but he didnt live like it.......  He had an average house

He played in the mid to late eighties, long before you saw 2 mil per year for kickers

1 minute ago, Peterk2011 said:

Wow. I thought NFL kickers who were in the NFL for 7 years, earn enough that they don't ever need to take such jobs as salesman in their lives. I mean, it took me 10+ years to have 1+ mills in investments (well, I'm a bad businessman I guess :) ), but still, even that 1+ guaranteed me that I won't need to be employed any more in my life .. barring another world crisis and total bankrupcy and such...

Kickers rarely get guaranteed money

2 minutes ago, Peterk2011 said:

I mean, it took me 10+ years to have 1+ mills in investments (well, I'm a bad businessman I guess :) ), but still, even that 1+ guaranteed me that I won't need to be employed any more in my life .. barring another world crisis and total bankrupcy and such...

If you saved $1Mil , you are in the top .05% of the world or.....  99.95% of the world has LESS than you....

You should thank the good Lord that you have been so fortunate

Bernie is coming after you.......... :)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

If you saved $1Mil , you are in the top .05% of the world or.....  99.95% of the world has LESS than you....

You should thank the good Lord that you have been so fortunate

Bernie is coming after you.......... :)

I'm an IT guy, running my own small business. (After working for big IT fishes for more than a decade). 1-2 mills are not much actually. It's cca. the bare minimum to keep a small IT business going / alive. So it's a must, not a nice plus to enjoy. :) Other than owning my own business, I live an average Joes life. No fancy home, no supercars, no private jet (that I couldn't afford anyway),  no partying etc. I work 50-60 hours a week, get up early, work till the evening, as everybody else. I just happen to have no boss, so I can say no. And in theory, I could quit working if I wanted to. But I don't, so it remains only theory, it doesn't matter. :)

All I wanted to say is that I was surprised, that an ex-NFL player had to do sales for the living. But if he played in the 80's, I get it. Money was different back then. I'd be surprised if a current NFL kicker would have to take a regular job after 7 years of NFL carreer for a living. Even a kicker. (Assuming that he takes good care of his earnings, invest them, etc.)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Auditions aren't jobs, LOL.

They are under contract. Every one of them. Some of them under UDFA contracts, but an UDFA contract is also a contract, with terms, language, etc. Just like the others, only no money guaranteed. So, they're all employed. (And if employed, I don't see why they are not fired, if released. They are, imo.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Peterk2011 said:

I'm an IT guy, running my own small business. (After working for big IT fishes for more than a decade). 1-2 mills are not much actually. It's cca. the bare minimum to keep a small IT business going / alive. So it's a must, not a nice plus to enjoy. :) Other than owning my own business, I live an average Joes life. No fancy home, no supercars, no private jet (that I couldn't afford anyway),  no partying etc. I work 50-60 hours a week, get up early, work till the evening, as everybody else. I just happen to have no boss, so I can say no. And in theory, I could quit working if I wanted to. But I don't, so it remains only theory, it doesn't matter. :)

All I wanted to say is that I was surprised, that an ex-NFL player had to do sales for the living. But if he played in the 80's, I get it. Money was different back then. I'd be surprised if a current NFL kicker would have to take a regular job after 7 years of NFL carreer for a living. Even a kicker.

A lot of them do even if they don’t have too

Several open small businesses, work as media types or Teach/Coach

Pat McAfee works as radio host, Ken Dilger runs a finance company I think

8 minutes ago, Peterk2011 said:

They are under contract. Every one of them. Some of them under UDFA contracts, but an UDFA contract is also a contract, with terms, language, etc. Just like the others, only no money guaranteed. So, they're all employed. (And if employed, I don't see why they are not fired, if released. They are, imo.)

even though the contract isn't guaranteed, the players do get paid a small stipend during camp and pre-season that I'm aware of.

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

A lot of them do even if they don’t have too

Several open small businesses, work as media types or Teach/Coach

Pat McAfee works as radio host, Ken Dilger runs a finance company I think     

Yeah, I know, many people keep doing something even if  they don't need to. But I guess that kicker didn't take that job because being salesman was his hobby, lol. :) He took it to pay his bills. That surprised me ... until I was told, that he played in the 80s. That explains it.