Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan Jensen Visiting Colts Today

1959Colts

Ravens center Ryan Jensen was flown in on a private plane from Tampa Thursday and had dinner in Indianapolis with the Colts' brass last night. That visit continues today. The Bucs believe they made a good offer comparable to what the Colts will offer but I'm told that it's also about finding the right "fit" for him.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Flaine_jenna.png&w=80&h=80&scale=cropJenna Laine, ESPN Staff Writer

• Like 3

This thread is so weird in exploring fanbases' emotions associated with courting a player:

Step 1: Who the hell is this guy? Why aren't we getting those other guys I've heard about instead?

Step 2: Research, some people say he's good

Step 3: Go go go. Get him

Step 4: If we don't get him, the world is over! Fire Ballard! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shive said:

That second part makes me like this guy even more.  I appreciate that he wants to find the right fit, because that tells me a lot more about him aside from his play on the field.

This might be the thing that pushes him away from the Colts. His best season has been at center and if he signs with us he's very likely going to play at guard. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, stitches said:

This might be the thing that pushes him away from the Colts. His best season has been at center and if he signs with us he's very likely going to play at guard. 

If you are getting him for the versatility, he cannot come in and say "you HAVE to play me at center". I don't think he has established enough sample space to demand that, IMO.

If he wants to be paid starter money, he will get paid starting guard money, which is actually a bit more than starting center money, correct? The financials might be in his favor??

Don't the Ravens use more power blocking or do they use ZBS?

Just now, chad72 said:

If you are getting him for the versatility, he cannot come in and say "you HAVE to play me at center". I don't think he has established enough sample space to demand that, IMO.

If he wants to be paid starter money, he will get paid starting guard money, which is actually a bit more than starting center money, correct? The financials might be in his favor??

Depends on what the other suitor offers him. If they offer him similar money and better role, he might choose them. 

8 minutes ago, stitches said:

That's what I've been thinking too. Bucs need him at C and he very well may prefer that than playing G. If the pay is near the same and he wants to be a C then I think the Bucs will land him.

How do you work position into a contract?  Midseason, Reich wants to move him to G and he whips out his contract and says no way?   Its gotta be just a verbal handshake.

Hey CB, tell him he can play QB.  Just get him in here.

12 minutes ago, stitches said:

I think he's probably looking for more of an organizational fit. We have a need at G, so immediate playing time is very probable. I also think Ballard and Reich are the kind of guys that you instantly get along with and get a good feeling about just from talking to them. For a guy who believes being a good fit is equal or more of a determining factor in choosing his next team, those guys are the type he'd most likely be drawn to.

Just now, DougDew said:

How do you work position into a contract?  Midseason, Reich wants to move him to G and he whips out his contract and says no way?   Its gotta be just a verbal handshake.

Sounds like the movie Major League

10 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I don't think it'll be an issue.  

2 hours ago, stitches said:

This thread is so weird in exploring fanbases' emotions associated with courting a player:

Step 1: Who the hell is this guy? Why aren't we getting those other guys I've heard about instead?

Step 2: Research, some people say he's good

Step 3: Go go go. Get him

Step 4: If we don't get him, the world is over! Fire Ballard! 

Step 5: Miss out on said free agent we were pursuing, then fans say, oh well, he wasn't that good anyway, I didn't want him...lol

• Like 1