Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

[Merge] Colts free agency complaints and overreaction thread

GusFring

18 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

1. You should respect everyone.  Not necessarily their ideas, but as people.

2. Everybody has value.

I totally agree  the biggest problem these days is a lack of respect for others , if someone is looking down on someone because they work at Mc Donalds  then that someone is a fool .  

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, stitches said:

yes, this period was March 7-9 last year and is March 12-14 this year. 

Bro all the free agents become available at marcg 14 at 4pm est if you look cuz seems you clearly dont understand when the new nfl year starts that when the actual free agency start 

4 minutes ago, Indy1996 said:

Bro all the free agents become available at marcg 14 at 4pm est if you look cuz seems you clearly dont understand when the new nfl year starts that when the actual free agency start 

Bro, this is not true every year. This year, free agents become available on the 14th. Last year the date was the 9th. 

7 minutes ago, stitches said:

Bro, this is not true every year. This year, free agents become available on the 14th. Last year the date was the 9th. 

I don't think he's fully reading your posts and missing the point where not all league years start on the same day... 

5 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

You:  You're making the assumption that I made the thread.

Me: No I'm not.

You:  You lost me.

But you did make the assumption. 

Can we get back to the thread please? I don’t think the sidebar you and I are having will result in anything positive. 

3 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

But you did make the assumption. 

Can we get back to the thread please? I don’t think the sidebar you and I are having will result in anything positive. 

Fair enough.  I'm just on the side of Supes on this one, too many threads that arn't really threadworthy.  I ignore most of them because it doesn't take too long for threads that start about real news or specific points, it doesn't take long for those threads to devolve into madness.

4 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Fair enough.  I'm just on the side of Supes on this one, too many threads that arn't really threadworthy.  I ignore most of them because it doesn't take too long for threads that start about real news or specific points, it doesn't take long for those threads to devolve into madness.

I think we can all agree there is a balance to it all. 

Just now, dodsworth said:

I have a novel idea. Why don't fans wait 3 or 4 years and let Ballard do

his job and see the direction the franchise is going before going all

mental.

What good is that going to do when we got people insisting that every league year starts on March 14th because...just because?

3 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

mental.

I was told that people are "highly emotional right now" and have a need to vent.

16 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

mental.

Really?   We should wait 3-4 years before making an opinion?    So most discussion now should be about the Grigson years?    That seems silly to me.  

I have no issue with fans voicing displeasure just as I have no issue with fans voicing support.   This is a forum.  

21 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

Why don't fans wait 3 or 4 years and let Ballard do

mental.

we may not have much longer to win with luck

we need to get better in a hurry and not assume he will play until hes 40

9 minutes ago, Myles said:

Really?   We should wait 3-4 years before making an opinion?    So most discussion now should be about the Grigson years?    That seems silly to me.  

I have no issue with fans voicing displeasure just as I have no issue with fans voicing support.   This is a forum.  

I for one believe Ballard is doing his job the right way, very similar to

what Belichick is doing in NE. He has a plan and a vision but most 

people want instant gratification.

28 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

mental.

You’re assuming that fans know what patience is. People want everything now. No one wants to believe that it takes years to build a good team. Guess we can tell who all the Grigson supporters were.

12 minutes ago, Myles said:

3-4 seconds to make an opinion perhaps.

7 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

we may not have much longer to win with luck

we need to get better in a hurry and not assume he will play until hes 40

I agree with your Luck assessment, but Grigson tried to win quickly

with bold FA moves and look where he ran the program......in the dirt.

2 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

You’re assuming that fans know what patience is. People want everything now. No one wants to believe that it takes years to build a good team. Guess we can tell who all the Grigson supporters were.

I was typing when you posted, our views are very similar.

27 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

That is not totally correct.   No one is calling for Ballard to sign old players to win now.  

However, this team has more holes than can be filled through the draft.   Sitting on 70 million in cap space isn't helping the team.   If Luck plays like he has in the past, the Colts could have a chance if they fill the holes.   Luck playing well on the current team is not going to win more than 6-8 games.   

2 hours ago, dodsworth said:

mental.

There is so much I disagree with in your repsonse.... (respectfully) :) 

You're saying that we should not discuss the journey, and we must wait 3-4 years before we discuss.

Yeah.... No! :D 

Discussing the journey is what a fan message board is for. 

Define mental? If someone doesn't do things the same as you, then do you consider them to be mental? If they react differently than you, are you ready to classify them as mental?

You might have thought your response was a good one at first, but there are some slippery slopes you're going down. 

I think, if we don't like that conversation then we should just ignore it and move on to a conversation that we do like. If we want to disagree then we should do so respectfully. Not just call people mental because they have different view points.  

2 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

There is so much I disagree with in your repsonse.... (respectfully) :) 

You're saying that we should not discuss the journey, and we must wait 3-4 years before we discuss.

Yeah.... No! :D 

Discussing the journey is what a fan message board is for. 

Define mental? If someone doesn't do things the same as you, then do you consider them to be mental? If they react differently than you, are you ready to classify them as mental?

You might have thought your response was a good one at first, but there are some slippery slopes you're going down. 

I think, if we don't like that conversation then we should just ignore it and move on to a conversation that we do like. If we want to disagree then we should do so respectfully. Not just call people mental because they have different view points.  

Meh, some posters on here are straight jacket worthy before they put ten toes

over a 7 story balcony. You are right about discussing it though.

45 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Not here to argue...just here to say what a wonderful idea to let everyone vent in one place! Hopefully it will be contained here! Thanks moderators...you do a wonderful job!

The venting all in one place is nice, but there are some good conversations in this thread that would be better served to not be in this mess. Those conversations are now lost. 

How would the world work out if everyone who voiced a complaint was isolated to the point that no one actually heard them? I am not saying this board can be a democracy, because it cannot. It is owned by a business and that business should be able to somewhat control the tone. Make no mistake about it though, this board is basically designed for fans to give feedback to the product. 

Our responses are the best feedback/advertising/marketing the Colts organization has going. And it is all relatively inexpensive information for them.

Fan board vs. control the message. I can see why there needs to be somewhat of a balance. I think overall the system works, but a lot of decisions are subjectively made. A lot of group think absolutely happens. I don't think there is a way to make it perfect for everyone though. We are dealing with real emotions. Those emotions sell tickets and merchandise. That revenue feeds the team and the NFL. 

25 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

The venting all in one place is nice, but there are some good conversations in this thread that would be better served to not be in this mess. Those conversations are now lost. 

How would the world work out if everyone who voiced a complaint was isolated to the point that no one actually heard them? I am not saying this board can be a democracy, because it cannot. It is owned by a business and that business should be able to somewhat control the tone. Make no mistake about it though, this board is basically designed for fans to give feedback to the product. 

Our responses are the best feedback/advertising/marketing the Colts organization has going. And it is all relatively inexpensive information for them.

Fan board vs. control the message. I can see why there needs to be somewhat of a balance. I think overall the system works, but a lot of decisions are subjectively made. A lot of group think absolutely happens. I don't think there is a way to make it perfect for everyone though. We are dealing with real emotions. Those emotions sell tickets and merchandise. That revenue feeds the team and the NFL. 

Fair point but when there are 20 different threads complaining about the very same thing (not signing x, y, z player...or anyone in general) then it clogs up the board and detracts from any other conversations being made. It's fair to have complaints and voice opinions...yours is as good as mine. Having some order to the chaos though is much appreciated.

My FA complaining is more irrational or emotionally based. I would have loved a big ticket FA or two it lure myself into thinking that the G or WR or ILB or whatever problem was solved. You know, just something to get a bit hyped about as a fan and start dreaming about a decent season. Purely emotional as I said.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Fair point but when there are 20 different threads complaining about the very same thing (not signing x, y, z player...or anyone in general) then it clogs up the board and detracts from any other conversations being made. It's fair to have complaints and voice opinions...yours is as good as mine. Having some order to the chaos though is much appreciated.

I agree. There needs to be a balance. I am definitely okay with controlling a conversation from a micro level. But once it becomes a macro level solution then all complaints for everything will go into one thread. I believe moving all complaints into one thread will have an overall negative impact on the board. 

Again, I don't make these types of decisions, but I have experience from many NFL message boards that existed before and exists now. Suppressing the opposing view points of the overall group think mentality has led to the demise via lack of participation on many message boards. On the other hand, allowing the board to spiral into chaos is just as bad. It is a tough balance to find. 

19 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

We are up there with the Jets on money to use as they are spending it on holes to fill. Meanwhile, we just have the holes and the dam is ready to burst. Ballard gets an F so far with his non moves.

Can't issue an F for failing to turn in the test When the teacher hasn't allowed the test to begin yet...