Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

[Merge] Colts free agency complaints and overreaction thread

GusFring

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, GusFring said:

what other free agents are going to help that unit? And then he gets picked up by a division rival that already had a good oline. 

Coughlin>>>>>>>>>>Ballard

there are far more Free agents available.  Norwell was not he only offensive lineman.  Want to know who the others are?  Google it.  Either way jesus, this is ridiculous.  One Guard gets signed and we already have this??? 

1 minute ago, GusFring said:

what other free agents are going to help that unit? And then he gets picked up by a division rival that already had a good oline. 

If watching football has taught me anything, it's that teams never get better after the day before free agency starts.

Just now, J@son said:

there are far more Free agents available.  Norwell was not he only offensive lineman.  Want to know who the others are?  Google it.  Either way jesus, this is ridiculous.  One Guard gets signed and we already have this??? 

He was the best. By far imo. I thought we would go all out to upgrade the oline. That would have been a huge piece. I still remember Grigson failing to go all in on Mack and eventually having to use a 1st rnd pick on a center. 

3 minutes ago, GusFring said:

The Jags are all in on winning now, building a strong team through FA, but they're only buying a short window. At this rate, they may have 2 years or so, then will be back in the basement with old, under-producing players they're stuck with on high prices contracts, unable to splurge on FA or resign the players they drafted.

Ballard has a plan and is methodical. He's trying to build a sustainable franchise that will be able to stay at a high level year after year.

We all blasted Grigs for going all in and overpaying average talent in an attempt to win now. As much as we would like to take advantage of Luck's prime years, it would be foolish to go all in again just to be back in this spot rebuilding the roster in a few years.

The foundation isn't the prettiest part of a house, but without a strong one, the rest won't last.

4 minutes ago, GusFring said:

He was the best. By far imo. I thought we would go all out to upgrade the oline. That would have been a huge piece. I still remember Grigson failing to go all in on Mack and eventually having to use a 1st rnd pick on a center. 

Really? You were in Grigson's office and heard him talking to Mack? You heard what Grigson offered Mack?  You know for a fact that Ballard didn't go all in on Norwell?  The FA has to WANT to come here.  You have no idea what Ballard offered Norwell.  BTW, are you aware that Florida has no state income tax? On the type of money these guys make that's huge.  

Norwell is gone.  There are other options.  You have no idea what Ballard did or did not offer.  Stop making assumptions, stop with the whining PLEASE and let's wait a week or so and see how things turn out.

19 minutes ago, GusFring said:

Ultimately is was Norwells choice. Ballard can't force him to sign with us. 

We really need to keep sharp objects from some of you guys....free agency hasn't even started yet..some big flashy names have been signed, but look at what Ballard did last year.  He did not go out and spend a ton of money and found Hankins, Sheard, and Simon.  All of which were very solid additions.  We do this again and hit in the draft and everything will be trending upwards.  If Luck truly is healthy, I would actually like our chances of even knocking on the door of the playoffs if not getting in.  R E L A X

On the one hand - it goes without saying that OP is being ridiculous right now.

On the other hand... The O-line probably will suck again unless we shake things up in a serious way. Hopefully Ballard has got some moves up his sleeve. We need multiple upgrades, and probably will have to invest an early round pick if we want to rely on the draft for an immediate starter.

21 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I wonder if some people here realize that Norwell was an UDFA?  

There are guys who can play if given the chance and with good coaching.  

And a QB with a quick release makes any Oline look good.  

Hey, I already said that lol 

2 minutes ago, Track Guy said:

On the one hand - it goes without saying that OP is being ridiculous right now.

On the other hand... The O-line probably will suck again unless we shake things up in a serious way. Hopefully Ballard has got some moves up his sleeve. We need multiple upgrades, and probably will have to invest an early round pick if we want to rely on the draft for an immediate starter.

Yes, we do need upgrades but I really wonder how much improved the OL would look with better play calling and better QB play.

I look at the stats here:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

It clearly tells me we are middle of the pack in run blocking and worst in pass protection. Our open field rank, probably due to Papa Gore, might be low but I think a lot of this will improve with better play calling and QB play. It is not a co-incidence that Chud has not found a job yet.

7 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

It's funny that you got offended. 

Back to your regularly scheduled program 

How can you tell someone's emotions from two sentences that had no emotional content? Your post had no effect on how I felt. Again, as a heads up, don't try to generalize people based off individuals.

Look at what these teams are paying for certain players who have not produced. I just heard Montcrief may get offered 10M/yr. Regardless, next year we would all be yelling why did we sign this player for that amount of guaranteed money. The jags now have about two years before they blow it up due to three years of extravagant FA signings.

FA is for teams who are ready to win. We are building. The Vikings look great right now, but what if Cousins does not play well, or he gets hurt. 3 year fully guaranteed contract. These are very large amounts for players who are far from elite. Norwell is good, but my god he only has one pro bowl year.

2 minutes ago, Calmack said:

How can you tell someone's emotions from two sentences that had no emotional content? Your post had no effect on how I felt. Again, as a heads up, don't try to generalize people based off individuals.

Lighten up. 

It was meant to be funny. And what's even funnier is that I am a borderline millennial. 

But I appreciate you "telling me" what I should or shouldn't be doing. I'm sure this works out well for you sometimes