Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Holder's in New England trying to get info on McDaniels

Steamboat_Shaun

54 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

That's dedication.  Holder is a good guy.  Very even-keeled.

I'm guessing he got sent there by the Star, & they were probably like "if you can get something, great, if not, whatever. Whatever you do, just don't take Doyel along."

Best case scenario, he'll be able to get a sit-down with Tom Curran... he's a Pats insider who also works for NBC Boston, & he just did an interview on the Dan Patrick Show regarding McDaniels becoming the Colts coach. There could be some decent information that we're not privy to that comes from that.

28 minutes ago, The Peytonator said:

Well hopefully that means we find out Sunday around 6:30. :) 

Im thinking its very possible.  

Jax has steadily improved all year... not by leaps and bounds but enough.  If it wasn't for the QB they would likely be the favorite.  With the current odds I would have to take the Jags.... 

47 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

Im thinking its very possible.  

Jax has steadily improved all year... not by leaps and bounds but enough.  If it wasn't for the QB they would likely be the favorite.  With the current odds I would have to take the Jags.... 

I wouldn’t bet on the Jags, but they definitely have the type of defense that can lock them down. Physical man corners, good coverage linebackers, and a very strong pass rush. They have to play them the way Denver did in the AFC championship two years ago. Never rush more than four, in fact, rush three if you can get away with it. Malik Jackson was on that Denver team and was a large reason they were successful with his rush up the middle. Between him, Campbell, and Ngakoue, I think they can get enough pass rush from three, and it’s not like the Pats line is tremendous. 

35 minutes ago, The Peytonator said:

I wouldn’t bet on the Jags, but they definitely have the type of defense that can lock them down. Physical man corners, good coverage linebackers, and a very strong pass rush. They have to play them the way Denver did in the AFC championship two years ago. Never rush more than four, in fact, rush three if you can get away with it. Malik Jackson was on that Denver team and was a large reason they were successful with his rush up the middle. Between him, Campbell, and Ngakoue, I think they can get enough pass rush from three, and it’s not like the Pats line is tremendous. 

I don't know .. the OP said "current odds" ...  one site is giving the Jags 9.5 and several are givng 9 ... I would definitely consider betting on the Jags at 9.5

12 minutes ago, esmort said:

I don't know .. the OP said "current odds" ...  one site is giving the Jags 9.5 and several are givng 9 ... I would definitely consider betting on the Jags at 9.5

Missed the odds part. Spotting the Jags 9.5 I would take them. But a straight bet I’d have to go with the Pats, hate to say it. I thought about putting money on them last year at the beginning of the season to win it all. I figured I’d be hedging because if they won, I’d also win, but if they lost I’d be happy that way too. lmao

12 minutes ago, The Peytonator said:

Missed the odds part. Spotting the Jags 9.5 I would take them. But a straight bet I’d have to go with the Pats, hate to say it. I thought about putting money on them last year at the beginning of the season to win it all. I figured I’d be hedging because if they won, I’d also win, but if they lost I’d be happy that way too. lmao

Yeah straight up/even money you got to take the Pats.

Great hire Colts, I think, only time will tell. Normally I would cheer against New England, because I’m a Colts fan thru and thru, plus the news of McDaniels would be official this week. But this Sunday I’m pulling for New England to blow the Jags out. Why because that’s the Colts next Head Coach on the sidelines calling plays. And this gives us Colts Nation a preview of whats to come next season since the Jags are in AFC South. If New England wins big, that means with the right players in place that success is not far away. On the other hand if Jacksonville hammers New England, this would be cause of concern going into next year

Doyel would have made McDaniels change his mind and choose the Titans. Who wants to have to deal with that clown all the time?  I really hope the Star keeps him on a short leash over the next few weeks. And I don’t see his tenure lasting much longer than another year or so.  Like someone else stated in the Doyel topic, he seems like he’s trying to get fired...  I wish the Star would do us all a favor and oblige him. 

20 hours ago, Everyone said:

So a player that was a Colts WR up until September is still unsure regarding Luck. It's safe to assume he had those same questions at the time he was traded. I am off to start a new thread.

But seriously, that could mean nothing. But it also doesn't make me feel any better...that someone inside the Colts locker room for this past entire offseason wasn't sure about Luck...yet people (mostly Irsay) were talking about him playing soon.

10 hours ago, JR Indy said:

Great hire Colts, I think, only time will tell. Normally I would cheer against New England, because I’m a Colts fan thru and thru, plus the news of McDaniels would be official this week. But this Sunday I’m pulling for New England to blow the Jags out. Why because that’s the Colts next Head Coach on the sidelines calling plays. And this gives us Colts Nation a preview of whats to come next season since the Jags are in AFC South. If New England wins big, that means with the right players in place that success is not far away. On the other hand if Jacksonville hammers New England, this would be cause of concern going into next year

I can never root for NE...under any circumstance.

JAC has been bad a long time...so it's good for parity if they get to the Super Bowl. Plus, if they actually won it, that will only speed up their inevitable move to London...and I am really interested to see how the NFL thinks that will work.

If anything, I hope NE's offense gets shut down and McDaniels comes into next season with a chip on his shoulder and lights up everyone...including JAC. And after the Colts stomp JAC for the second time, their fans will understand why the NFL is the not for long league.

11 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

So a player that was a Colts WR up until September is still unsure regarding Luck. It's safe to assume he had those same questions at the time he was traded. I am off to start a new thread.

But seriously, that could mean nothing. But it also doesn't make me feel any better...that someone inside the Colts locker room for this past entire offseason wasn't sure about Luck...yet people (mostly Irsay) were talking about him playing soon.

Holder was saying back before training camp even started year that none of the players had any idea on Luck's status throughout the entire offseason. His therapy and recovery was help completely separate from the rest of his teammates, so they weren't anymore "in the know" than we were at that point.

8 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Holder was saying back before training camp even started year that none of the players had any idea on Luck's status throughout the entire offseason. His therapy and recovery was help completely separate from the rest of his teammates, so they weren't anymore "in the know" than we were at that point.

Makes sense that Luck and and FO would want to keep it separtae. But still doesn't make me feel any better. 

I just can't wait for this to be over.

1 hour ago, shastamasta said:

Makes sense that Luck and and FO would want to keep it separtae. But still doesn't make me feel any better. 

I just can't wait for this to be over.

I don't feel like any of us will truly feel "good" about Luck's status until we hear "Andrew has completed his throwing regimen and is prepared for a full workload and will take all first team reps going into OTAs."