Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Marvin Lewis Gets 2 Year Extension on 01-02-18

King Colt

9 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Seriously. I have a lot of friends who are Bengals fans... needless to say, they're not very happy right now.

Same here... the few I know are livid actually.  

Was just texting with a relative who has been a season ticket holder for several years.. he said he is not renewing his tickets for next year.  I told him I would never have bought them in the first place and that didn't go over well either, lol.

Sucks to be a Bengals fan.... and we thought we had it bad.

18 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

This is questionable.  I've defended Marvin Lewis in the past, but at this point, I think both parties need a change.

The contrast between Mike Brown and Jim Irsay couldn't be more stark. For all the flack we've given Irsay the past 3 years, at least he's not Mike Brown... he wants to win, not just maintain status quo because it's the cheap and easy thing to do.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

See things can always be worse in Indy. Imagine if Irsay would've got on TV and announced he was keeping Chuck for at least 2 more years lmao. Hell he was only here for 6 seasons and we won 3 Playoff games. Marv 15 seasons and no Playoff wins. Guy didn't even make the Playoffs and gets a 2 year extension.

He can still do it.

Chuck's still available.

This announcement surprises me. I thought Lewis said he was leaving. Before they played the Vikings three weeks ago, there was a report that he was resigning. I wonder what changed to bring him back? :scratch:

I am in favor of continuity but 15 years seems to be more than enough time (to win).

8 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

This announcement surprises me. I thought Lewis said he was leaving. Before they played the Vikings three weeks ago, there was a report that he was resigning. I wonder what changed to bring him back? :scratch:

I am in favor of continuity but 15 years seems more than enough time.

I guess knocking Baltimore out of the playoffs was good enough for Cincy.

12 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I guess knocking Baltimore out of the playoffs was good enough for Cincy.

Maybe. The Bengals also knocked Detroit out of the playoffs the week before last. 

After they played the Vikings in Week 15, I was sure Lewis was gone. The final score was only 34-7 but the Bengals were never in the game. The Vikings sat their starters in the 4th Quarter. Coach Zimmer was not going to embarrass his good friend. Zimmer and Lewis are very close.