Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hilton Should Not Apologize to OL

rpeay

49 minutes ago, rpeay said:

The OL should apologize to the rest of the team, the fans, and anyone else watching their horrible play this year.

1) You are too late.  He already has apologized

2) I figure there would be this sentiment as amazingly off base as it is.

1 hour ago, rpeay said:

The OL should apologize to the rest of the team, the fans, and anyone else watching their horrible play this year.

I think he had to apologize. If you have a problem with one or more of your teammates, keep your mouth closed and settle things inside the house. IMO that's the way it works. 

Nobody needs to apologize to anyone. (Except maybe Irsay to us for not firing Pagano) This is a team game. You win and lose as a TEAM. NFL players should not be throwing anyone under the bus for anything. Listen to Luck and Brissetts press conferences and you'll hear them blaming nobody but themselves. Everyone is to blame. 

1 hour ago, rpeay said:

I guess you have never been in a locker room with that comment.

If a player has a problem with how someone is playing they should address the problem one on one behind closed doors.

Giving the media the information to blow this all up is not the way to do it.

TY has shown he don't have the leadership this team needs desperately.

Remember when Faulk threw the OL under the bus?

he was gone the next year.

i get it, TY was emotional.  But hearing how he and Moncrief were on the side "Giggling" after the loss,  coupled with his own poor performances recently adds more context.  The other  WRs are watching him.  TY is old enough to know better.

keep it in-house.  Even pee-wee football players know this.

to me, throwin teamates under the bus is like being a snitch or a tattle tale.  It damages your character and credibility, imo.

to me, if a team loses after playing this poorly, they shouldnt feel comfortable laughing and ioking on the 50 with the enemy after the game. And they shouldnt get excited to have to cameras and lights on them after an effort like that.  

They should wanna run to the locker room and get the heck out of there.  They shouldn't even wanna waste time showering, imo.

maybe even break a few chairs on the way out.

no one seems mad or upset.  They just seem a little bummed.  The looks on their faces say they expected to lose.

30 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

i get it, TY was emotional.  But hearing how he and Moncrief were on the side "Giggling" after the loss,  coupled with his own poor performances recently adds more context.  The other  WRs are watching him.  TY is old enough to know better.

to me, throwin teamates under the bus is like being a snitch or a tattle tale.  It damages your character and credibility, imo.

to me, if a team loses after playing this poorly, they shouldnt feel comfortable laughing and ioking on the 50 with the enemy after the game. And they shouldnt get excited to have to cameras and lights on them after an effort like that.  

They should wanna run to the locker room and get the heck out of there.  They shouldn't even wanna waste time showering, imo.

no one seems mad or upset.  They just seem a little bummed.  The looks on their faces say they expected to lose.

Just one of many reasons people want to show pagano the door. TY doing this is a sign of lost respect for the coaches philosophy. We would all like to think TY is mature enough not to do that. Everyone has their limit I suppose. 

I would have never seen Mathis getting an OWI. But he did, and you have to wonder what's going on there. 

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Have a feeling this would happen with any coach

I personally have a problem with how the players are playing. And it's about confidence. And the players don't have confidence in their coach. Their leader. You're right it could happen with any coach. 

10 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Just one of many reasons people want to show pagano the door. TY doing this is a sign of lost respect for the coaches philosophy. We would all like to think TY is mature enough not to do that. Everyone has their limit I suppose. 

I would have never seen Mathis getting an OWI. But he did, and you have to wonder what's going on there. 

I agree.  Its just frustrating because these very fortunate kids get away with things on the job that those working hard in the real world to make ends meet could never get way with that at work.

and then kids see this and think its ok to disrespect teachers, cops, parents, etc. 

There's not really any players that are clear cut leaders on either side of the football in my opinion.   They are all quiet lunch pale type guys who don't get to high or too low in terms of intensity.  There's nobody out there to rally the troops and turn it up a notch when they are getting kicked in the teeth.   There's no Cory Redding type personalties on this team.  Heck there's not even a Dqwell Jackson.   Nobody with any fire.   Jacoby probably gets more riled up than any of them.  That's about as good as it gets.

10 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

I agree.  Its just frustrating because these very fortunate kids get away with things on the job that those working hard in the real world to make ends meet could never get way with that at work.

and then kids see this and think its ok to disrespect teachers, cops, parents, etc. 

I fight it everyday 

15 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

I personally have a problem with how the players are playing. And it's about confidence. And the players don't have confidence in their coach. Their leader. You're right it could happen with any coach. 

It is not always about confidence more often that not they have Handlers, Parents, Confidants etc that tell them they are being treated badly, not being used right and/or someone else knows better

Unfortunately it happens in every sport, on every team, and in multiple workplaces

1 hour ago, WoolMagnet said:

I can't tell if you're coming or going.

Hilton was upset enough to say something he shouldn't have said. You all are mad at him for it (which has gone well beyond what's reasonable, IMO). Then you say no one seems like they care about losing.

This is all a joke. You want everything on your terms, no exceptions made.

45 minutes ago, Superman said:

Hilton was upset enough to say something he shouldn't have said. You all are mad at him for it (which has gone well beyond what's reasonable, IMO). Then you say no one seems like they care about losing.

Im not mad at him.  Now you are overblowing.

i'm tired of the attitudes.  Not just TY.

i understand he's upset.  But to be "giggling ". With your boys , how ups t are you?  

Antonio Brown's antics are a distraction.  Thankfully Hilton hasnt been that.  

Whatever.  Is what it is.  I expect we'll hear other guys sayin dumb stuff far worse until the season is over.  Good think theres no camera in OUR faces, cuz i thinkbwe all might be a little embarrassed the next day.

and i would wager Hilton is more upset he didnt get more catches than the actual loss.  Hes frustrated.  I dont want it both ways,as you say,  i would just like it ONE way.::: the PROFESSIONAL way.

you can be upset and still keep your cool.  Most of us do it EVERY day at work: 

1 hour ago, WoolMagnet said:

Im not mad at him.  Now you are overblowing.

i'm tired of the attitudes.  Not just TY.

i understand he's upset.  But to be "giggling ". With your boys , how ups t are you?  

Antonio Brown's antics are a distraction.  Thankfully Hilton hasnt been that.  

Whatever.  Is what it is.  I expect we'll hear other guys sayin dumb stuff far worse until the season is over.  Good think theres no camera in OUR faces, cuz i thinkbwe all might be a little embarrassed the next day.

and i would wager Hilton is more upset he didnt get more catches than the actual loss.  Hes frustrated.  I dont want it both ways,as you say,  i would just like it ONE way.::: the PROFESSIONAL way.

you can be upset and still keep your cool.  Most of us do it EVERY day at work: 

There's nothing professional about breaking chairs in the locker room. 

At a certain point some perspective is needed. We as fans spend a lot more time and energy pouring over this dreadful loss than the team does (we also spend a lot more time celebrating a routine win). They're on to Cincinnati (perfect time on our schedule, now Pagano gets to feel like Belichick for the first time in his life).

I know people like to think players hate opponents across the field, but the reality is these guys are friends -- they played pee wee together, high school, college, have the same agents, bonded at the Combine and before the draft, spend time together during the offseason, etc. When the game is over, they're going to smile and laugh with their friends. Meanwhile, we're calling them names on the Internet.

The next day, they're recovering, going over film, and getting ready for the next game. And we're still talking about how they were laughing with Jaguars players after the game.

Sports players are not a reflection of the fans. They don't break chairs in the locker room because a) that's dumb, b) they are physically exhausted and want to sit in those chairs, and c) it's time to get ready for the next game, which is the professional thing to do.

Hilton shouldn't have said what he said. He did, and now it's the right thing for him to apologize. It would be the right thing for people to understand that he let his emotions get the best of him in a tough situation, give him a freaking break, and hope he and his teammates get things corrected in time for the next game.

In other words, on to Cincinnati. 

40 minutes ago, Superman said:

There's nothing professional about breaking chairs in the locker room. 

At a certain point some perspective is needed. We as fans spend a lot more time and energy pouring over this dreadful loss than the team does (we also spend a lot more time celebrating a routine win). They're on to Cincinnati (perfect time on our schedule, now Pagano gets to feel like Belichick for the first time in his life).

I know people like to think players hate opponents across the field, but the reality is these guys are friends -- they played pee wee together, high school, college, have the same agents, bonded at the Combine and before the draft, spend time together during the offseason, etc. When the game is over, they're going to smile and laugh with their friends. Meanwhile, we're calling them names on the Internet.

The next day, they're recovering, going over film, and getting ready for the next game. And we're still talking about how they were laughing with Jaguars players after the game.

Sports players are not a reflection of the fans. They don't break chairs in the locker room because a) that's dumb, b) they are physically exhausted and want to sit in those chairs, and c) it's time to get ready for the next game, which is the professional thing to do.

Hilton shouldn't have said what he said. He did, and now it's the right thing for him to apologize. It would be the right thing for people to understand that he let his emotions get the best of him in a tough situation, give him a freaking break, and hope he and his teammates get things corrected in time for the next game.

In other words, on to Cincinnati. 

Stopped reading after 1st sentence.  Its obvious you are in the mood to nit pick.  Like i literally meant break chairs.

you win

He sure as hell needed to apologize. Jacksonville got 10 sacks against the Texans in week one. Did we hear Hopkins throw his offensive line under the bus???  Nope. And they’ve since bounced back and are probably the favorites to win the division. 

All phases played terrible. TY and the receivers included. But they aren’t the main problem. And as big of a problem as our OLine is, they aren’t the ultimate problem either. That distinction goes to our incompetent coaching staff. Starting at the top with Chuck, Chud, & Ted. Chud never gave Brissett an easy read right in front of him until the 4th quarter when they went to prevent defense.  Chud also still hasn’t figured out how to maximize the usage of Mack.  Negligence. 

Monachino had one of his top corners get a concussion last week, get cleared to play, but didn’t activate Wilson just in case Melvin get reinjured???  So, of course Melvin gets hurt on the very first series & we’re stuck playing used car salesmen at starting corner...  That’s pure negligence & incompetence. Then he stayed in the same soft zone giving free releases & 10 yard cushions across the board...  All while keeping Bostic & Morrison in for coverage...  Receivers running open everywhere. So much so they got our young stud Safety injured trying to cover for poor playcalling.  Incompetence. 

I hate this staff and if TY is gonna call someone out it should be them. First and foremost. 

47 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

He sure as hell needed to apologize. Jacksonville got 10 sacks against the Texans in week one. Did we hear Hopkins throw his offensive line under the bus???  Nope. And they’ve since bounced back and are probably the favorites to win the division. 

All phases played terrible. TY and the receivers included. But they aren’t the main problem. And as big of a problem as our OLine is, they aren’t the ultimate problem either. That distinction goes to our incompetent coaching staff. Starting at the top with Chuck, Chud, & Ted. Chud never gave Brissett an easy read right in front of him until the 4th quarter when they went to prevent defense.  Chud also still hasn’t figured out how to maximize the usage of Mack.  Negligence. 

Monachino had one of his top corners get a concussion last week, get cleared to play, but didn’t activate Wilson just in case Melvin get reinjured???  So, of course Melvin gets hurt on the very first series & we’re stuck playing used car salesmen at starting corner...  That’s pure negligence & incompetence. Then he stayed in the same soft zone giving free releases & 10 yard cushions across the board...  All while keeping Bostic & Morrison in for coverage...  Receivers running open everywhere. So much so they got our young stud Safety injured trying to cover for poor playcalling.  Incompetence. 

I hate this staff and if TY is gonna call someone out it should be them. First and foremost. 

The only person he has the right to call out in public was himself

Not only should he have not apologized, I don't believe he goes anywhere near enough what should have been said. He's just trying to fire them up, as well as stick up for his QB at the same time.

10 sacks allowed in a game is not only an embarrassment, it is darn SHAMEFUL in the very least.

We all know how Ben Roethlisberger, Antonio Brown, Martavis Bryant, etc would have handled this...probably literally took a chair and slammed every single wall in the locker room until it was broken to a pile of dust.

Bill Belicheck would have dropped a half dozen f-bombs.

6 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

Not only should he have not apologized, I don't believe he goes anywhere near enough what should have been said. He's just trying to fire them up, as well as stick up for his QB at the same time.

10 sacks allowed in a game is not only an embarrassment, it is darn SHAMEFUL in the very least.

We all know how Ben Roethlisberger, Antonio Brown, Martavis Bryant, etc would have handled this...probably literally took a chair and slammed every single wall in the locker room until it was broken to a pile of dust.

Bill Belicheck would have dropped a half dozen f-bombs.

The difference is that B.B. gets paid to handle the whole team TY does not

7 hours ago, Superman said:

AfrickinMen 

We get it the oline is bad and played poorly Sunday.  You still don’t toss your teammates under the bus.  The line isn’t pointing fingers at TY and saying outside of two games this year you can’t get open.  You just don’t that it’s bad for the locker room.  That’s the issue.  

The O-Line issues are obvious enough, especially with Luck's injury and the 10 sacks, TY saying anything should be the least of anyone or everyone's worries.

Think of a chef cooking you a pile of manure...and you responding with "that's not very good or appetizing." No reason to apologize for the latter.

If I was part of an offensive line that gave up 10 sacks, I'd want my mom and dad to beat and spank the heck out of me with a belt until I was all red and sore.

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

We get it the oline is bad and played poorly Sunday.  You still don’t toss your teammates under the bus.  The line isn’t pointing fingers at TY and saying outside of two games this year you can’t get open.  You just don’t that it’s bad for the locker room.  That’s the issue.  

That was the issue. That should be over now. We're still spending way more time thinking about TY's ill-advised comment than we are talking about the disaster of a game the OL played.

By the way, Hilton and the other receivers were open plenty on Sunday. I went back and watched as much as I could stomach, the issue wasn't that the receivers didn't play well. 

The line was bad, yes. With 3 backup linemen. Yet for half of the actual sacks,  those backup linemen held the pocket for 4 seconds.  Either receivers weren't open, or Jacoby needs to be taught to throw the ball away. 

This year's Colts just aren't a good team.  Young inexperienced players, injuries, playing kids that should be in the CFL, and all not being adequately prepared because of poor coaching.  It's just not a winning team.   But still- keep it In House, not on National TV.

5 hours ago, rock8591 said:

The O-Line issues are obvious enough, especially with Luck's injury and the 10 sacks, TY saying anything should be the least of anyone or everyone's worries.

Think of a chef cooking you a pile of manure...and you responding with "that's not very good or appetizing." No reason to apologize for the latter.

If I was part of an offensive line that gave up 10 sacks, I'd want my mom and dad to beat and spank the heck out of me with a belt until I was all red and sore.

That sounded like you are a sadist. :scratch:

4 hours ago, Superman said:

That was the issue. That should be over now. We're still spending way more time thinking about TY's ill-advised comment than we are talking about the disaster of a game the OL played.

By the way, Hilton and the other receivers were open plenty on Sunday. I went back and watched as much as I could stomach, the issue wasn't that the receivers didn't play well. 

That was brave of you to watch the game again. I couldn't even watch the whole  game the first time; I ended up switching the channel. 

6 hours ago, rock8591 said:

Yeah, but you ordered manure, so wouldn't go to the press to complain about it.

And,......TMI

I’m glad he apologized. We all have said things that we shouldn’t say. No need to call him immature. He was right at the time of his original statement. I count 7 sacks the oline gave up. Three were on JB imo. I was off Monday from work and almost called off Tuesday I was that embrassed. I live here in Pick6’sburgh. You guys don’t want to know the looks and thing people say to me. I don’t what to do if we lose to the stealers.

I just saw all the 10 sacks for the first time together:

Half of them were due to JB holding on to the ball (like he was still in NE) way too much. If no one is open, throw it away. If what TY says is true i.e. a few of them were open, JB is a bigger culprit than we thought. TY doesn't want to say anything against his QB, has to depend on him to get the ball, so he chose to deflect to the OL.

I guess everyone, including the OC, underestimated the DL pressure from the Jags, they had to call a lot of quick ins and outs, and use the RBs more in passing.

13 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Half of them were due to JB holding on to the ball (like he was still in NE) way too much. If no one is open, throw it away. If what TY says is true i.e. a few of them were open, JB is a bigger culprit than we thought. TY doesn't want to say anything against his QB, has to depend on him to get the ball, so he chose to deflect to the OL.

I guess everyone, including the OC, underestimated the DL pressure from the Jags, they had to call a lot of quick ins and outs, and use the RBs more in passing.

Going back and watching the game you can actually see times when Moncrief was open.  Times when there was a window and a vet would probably of made the throw.  JB is not completely comfortable back there and does not have his timing with these guys.  He also made some bad throws with a misread or threw the wrong route.  Growing pains for sure, but JB is definitely holding the ball way to long.  Some sacks and a lot of hits were his doing.  Nothing there throw it away or to a check down.  Some plays you had Mack wide open in the flat but JB does not quickly survey the field.  He stays with one side and does not do a good job of looking off coverage.  All this being said, he has had a crazy career so far and is still very young.  I have faith that he continues to grow this year...fingers crossed that he does.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Nicely put

I wonder if the coaches are giving JB only one or two routes to focus on

Stupid post. Unless you want your little frail behind pounded into the dirt and become a locker room cancer you don’t throw teammates under the bus to the media. You feel froggy day something to them like a man. Fricken coward drama queen.