Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why would anyone want Luck behind this line?

Pacergeek

2 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Ballard has only been around for 1 year.  The Colts are in a rebuilding stage, it's going to take sometime to solidify everything.  I am sure he'll look at O-Line next year in the draft and free agency.  As far as wanting Luck behind a bad line, I don't think anyone wants to see him get hurt but if he's 100% and released by doctors and looks good to the coaches, he's going to be out there.  Just a hypothetical question.  What if the line still isn't as good come opening day 2018?  Should they sit him out next year too?

Agree completely, it's WAY too soon to put blame on Ballard for this line.  As far as people saying the line is not that bad, it's pretty bad at pass protection, decent for run.  

As far as Luck is concerned, he will start when he's 100%.  The only thing I would argue is bringing him back when he isn't completely 100% to try and save the season.  

43 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

I think an interesting thing the Colts could do on their website(but I doubt they would). Is to run a poll of the Colts fan base to get a percentage of Colts fans who AS OF TODAY truly feel they have no shot at the playoffs.....I gotta a feeling there is higher percentage of Colts fans who do not see them as a playoff team than most think.....GO COLTS !!!!!

I'm not sure some of these guys even watch football?? but i'm sure we still have a chance.. I do watch football lol

55 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

I think an interesting thing the Colts could do on their website(but I doubt they would). Is to run a poll of the Colts fan base to get a percentage of Colts fans who AS OF TODAY truly feel they have no shot at the playoffs.....I gotta a feeling there is higher percentage of Colts fans who do not see them as a playoff team than most think.....GO COLTS !!!!!

What possible benefit would that give the Colts or the fans?

12 minutes ago, Corndog said:

Agree completely, it's WAY too soon to put blame on Ballard for this line.  As far as people saying the line is not that bad, it's pretty bad at pass protection, decent for run.  

As far as Luck is concerned, he will start when he's 100%.  The only thing I would argue is bringing him back when he isn't completely 100% to try and save the season.  

He only can do so much in 1 year, not even 1 year technically.  He's has already upgraded the defense.  I think the defense will be even better once Luck gets back, he'll be able to keep the offense on the field more consistently.  Nothing against Brissett, because he's been great but Luck is much better and experienced.  I think Brissett will be a good back up for the Colts and could potentially be a starting QB somewhere else in the future.  I like him.  As far as the line goes, I think Ballard and the coaching staff will take a look at that come this off season.  I got faith Ballard will turn the Colts back around!  As far as Luck goes, they won't put him out there if he's less than 100%.  He'll be out there when everyone thinks he's ready, including himself. 

18 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

He only can do so much in 1 year, not even 1 year technically.  He's has already upgraded the defense.  I think the defense will be even better once Luck gets back, he'll be able to keep the offense on the field more consistently.  Nothing against Brissett, because he's been great but Luck is much better and experienced.  I think Brissett will be a good back up for the Colts and could potentially be a starting QB somewhere else in the future.  I like him.  As far as the line goes, I think Ballard and the coaching staff will take a look at that come this off season.  I got faith Ballard will turn the Colts back around!  As far as Luck goes, they won't put him out there if he's less than 100%.  He'll be out there when everyone thinks he's ready, including himself. 

I agree, and yes it's actually been less than a year.  Brissett is a solid back, but still lacks the experience that Luck brings to the table.  Losing Kelly certainly hurts this line and it showed against the Seahawks.  I do have faith in Ballard and believe he will build the defense and offensive line to where it needs to be, but it will take time. 

However at the current time, this team still has a lot of holes and I don't see them as a contender even with a healthy Luck. 

31 minutes ago, Corndog said:

Yes and no. He signed and cut Schwenke, drafted and cut Banner, & waived Blythe. IMO we could really use all 3 of those guys right now.

I feel the jury is still out on this entire division.....But am I walking down the street with a megaphone saying "Listen all NFL fans the 2017 Colts are a good team "......Without a doubt not yet.......NOT YET....6 TONS of improvement across the board need to be seen (AND IS POSSIBLE)....but not yet.......NOT YET......GO COLTS !!!!!!!

13 minutes ago, Corndog said:

I agree, and yes it's actually been less than a year.  Brissett is a solid back, but still lacks the experience that Luck brings to the table.  Losing Kelly certainly hurts this line and it showed against the Seahawks.  I do have faith in Ballard and believe he will build the defense and offensive line to where it needs to be, but it will take time. 

However at the current time, this team still has a lot of holes and I don't see them as a contender even with a healthy Luck. 

I agree.  I think we'll see some O-Line improvement this weekend, I think Kelly will help a lot.  I know the 49ers have some good pass rushers, so they will be tested. 

5 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

There seems to be lots of misguided optimism that as soon as Luck comes back, this team could win the division. I just don't understand why you would want Andrew playing when the offensive line still sucks. Grigson failed building a line, and Ballard has done equally as terrible in his first year fixing the line. Luck will get his brains bashed in behind this line. Keep him out until you know he won't take hit after hit. 

Ryan Kelly hasn't played  all year...ad a couple of our guys are young.

Grigson drafted Kelly, right..?  And Ballard drafted defense...cant draft every need

Luck plays when he's healthy like everybody else.....and if we win over the 49ers .we can still win the division

It cracks me up when we forum members say "in my opinion" or IMO, of course its our opinion, surely we are not writing others' opinions.  Forums exist for us to express "our opinions" 

I am guilty as anyone, but what are we really saying?  Just in case someone doesn't agree with what they just read, the  statement was only---- my opinion.   

TBH is another one.  As if we are not usually honest, or have a history of being less than honest...  but this time in particular (web we write tbh) we are being as honest as we are capable of, therefor take it seriously this time.

No one in particular, like I said, I say them too.  It is just comical to me. :wag:

3 hours ago, BR-549 said:

It cracks me up when we forum members say "in my opinion" or IMO, of course its our opinion, surely we are not writing others' opinions.  Forums exist for us to express "our opinions" 

I am guilty as anyone, but what are we really saying?  Just in case someone doesn't agree with what they just read, the  statement was only---- my opinion.   

TBH is another one.  As if we are not usually honest, or have a history of being less than honest...  but this time in particular (web we write tbh) we are being as honest as we are capable of, therefor take it seriously this time.

No one in particular, like I said, I say them too.  It is just comical to me. :wag:

To be honest,i found that funny,just my opinion though.

19 hours ago, Corndog said:

I read (before last week's game I think) that our run blocking is 2nd to last in getting our RBs yards before contact. 

23 hours ago, csmopar said:

typical for the OP

22 hours ago, Cynjin said:

What are the odds that the OP never comes back to this thread?

22 hours ago, IndyD4U said:

:troll:

22 hours ago, jskinnz said:

Very high odds.

21 hours ago, csmopar said:

He never does.... 

20 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Why would anyone want to start a thread and then just disappear into thin air?

20 hours ago, XxGoosexX said:

troll??

20 hours ago, IinD said:

Blame it on Slenderman.

20 hours ago, Cynjin said:

Yeah, he seems to be a hit and run troll.

20 hours ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

If  Shakedownstreet were in this thread I bet he'd say something like:

OP is the internet equivalent of someone who farts immediately before leaving an elevator with a bunch of people getting on

WEEEEEOOOOOOOO  WWEEEEEEEEOOOOOO

police-cars-flashing-lights-footage-0204

Dispatch, this is unit 110, we have a 307 in the Colts Football forum.  Drive-by Trolling.  Repeat offender.

40669675.jpg?t=1468490040

Folks, I'm going to need to get some statements from all of you.  I understand you've all been victims of drive-by trollings by our perp in the past?

Just a shame... what's this world coming to?  Let's just be thankful no children were present.

On 10/6/2017 at 1:48 PM, aaron11 said:

you cant just say fix the line in the draft either, its not that simple

there is a long list of recent first round linemen that didnt pan out

Not to mention they just had a draft where they took four linemen.  I know some thinks it’s just a case of waving a magic wound and it’s fixed.  It’s not getting a good line has so much to do with consistency that comes from playing together and due to all the injuries the Colts just haven’t been able to get that.  They are bouncing people around every week.  Honestly I wish they had just left Mewhort on the left side because once Kelly is back then they would have had three guys who are NFL level starters and starting to build some consistency on the left side.  

The right side is being killed because Haeg and Clark have not progressed like they would have liked which goes back to your point about just saying fixing it through the draft isn’t a sure thing.

7 hours ago, Blue Shoe Savior 12 said:

The Colts been rebuilding since 2011.

You don’t go to the playoffs three straight years and win three playoffs games and get to the AFCCG and be rebuilding.  They won too soon I’d agree with that and that caught up to them th last couple of years which caused them to start rebuilding.  

Now if you are talking about only the oline that I could agree with.  

I remember back to the Peyton days when on occasion Jeff Saturday would have to sit out. Peyton and the line would struggle. This year we are just getting the entire line with their center together for the first time. Whether Ryan Kelly will make a big difference will be seen on Sunday. This line has yet to have proven anything but should be given an opportunity to show what they can do before trashing them. The center coordinates much of the blocking assignments and I for one believe they will be better now that they are getting the chance to play together. I still believe with Andrew back by midseason the Colts will be a tough team to beat. Give them a chance!

On 10/6/2017 at 9:24 PM, BR-549 said:

There are certain people on this board who don't realize that. There's one in particular who If you don't put "In my opinion " before a posts who accuses you of trying to state things as facts.

This was a much needed post though. Thank you.