Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chuck Pagano Press Conference

TKnight24

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am all for Ballard being our GM but everyone needs to calm down with the Pagano hate based on Tolzein.  Ballard took the only other QB able to play and....cut him.  Morris is gone.  Tolzein was the only capable starter for the Rams game.  Right now he still might the only capable guy.  You either grab Morris off the street and play him while Brisset learns or you continue down the road with Tolzein and hope for some improvement.

Regardless Ballard made the cut and trade right before the start of the season.  He is the main reason Pagano is in this situation right now.  

20 minutes ago, J@son said:

Well to be (somewhat) fair, they havent had a practice yet this week. I wouldnt have expected a decision today on who's starting.

doesnt matter. ST sucks, a blind man could see, a deaf man could hear it.  If he rolls ST out as the starter, the boos this weekend will be so loud that they'll crack the windows at W56 street

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

doesnt matter. ST sucks, a blind man could see, a deaf man could hear it.  If he rolls ST out as the starter, the boos this weekend will be so loud that they'll crack the windows at W56 street

You are assuming Pagano or anyone cares about that?  There were plenty of Boo's when Painter was playing and they just rolled along.  Why would they want to suddenly throw a guy who might not be ready in a game because you are booing and disagree with them??

1 minute ago, DaColts85 said:

You are assuming Pagano or anyone cares about that?  There were plenty of Boo's when Painter was playing and they just rolled along.  Why would they want to suddenly throw a guy who might not be ready in a game because you are booing and disagree with them??

im not saying they do care. I'm saying that the boos will be so loud, ST will be even more rattled and thus play even WORSE

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

im not saying they do care. I'm saying that the boos will be so loud, ST will be even more rattled and thus play even WORSE

If they boo then they boo.  I will be there hoping for the win regardless.

I am not assuming that Tolzein is the guarantee for this game.  I am saying that everyone needs to go ahead and tape the remote down so it does not go through the TV when they see Tolzein under Center at the start Sunday.  You need more than 4 practices and a week and a half to learn the offense and everything (Exaggerations on time frame).  Pagano is looking to be the punching bag for this year and it will continue until #12 runs through the tunnel ready to play, oh wait it will continue but with another area of focus.

8 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

No coach tips his hand at midweek if there are two quarterbacks that might play. Its best to let Arizona wonder who it playing not tell them now who is playing. This lets them gameplan for 1 QB, its best for them to gameplan for both

No, they'll game plan for Briskett, no game plan needed to play against ST, just overload against the run and ST will throw it directly to the D anyway. 

Instead of the same question over and over about the starting QB, there's one question I'd love for a reporter to ask: 

When is TJ Green going to learn how to tackle?  And I don't mean tackling our own guys and knocking them out of the play. 

Pick your darn head up TJ!  Look at what you're trying to tackle!  Better yet, take a good look at the bench.

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

HAVE NOT MADE A DECISION?! HOW THE BLANK BLANK BLANK BLANK DO YOU NOT HAVE A DECISION MIDWEEK?!

Bill O'Brien just said yesterday that they hadn't decided on a starter yet and they play tomorrow night. An hour later it was announced that Watson would be the starter. I expect an announcement tomorrow that Brissett will be the starter.

4 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Instead of the same question over and over about the starting QB, there's one question I'd love for a reporter to ask: 

When is TJ Green going to learn how to tackle?  And I don't mean tackling our own guys and knocking them out of the play. 

Pick your darn head up TJ!  Look at what you're trying to tackle!  Better yet, take a good look at the bench.

does he have a twitter account? i think we should all let him know how bad his tackling is.. he's like an errant missle

16 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Or another question could be Chuck when are you actually going to coach on NFL level in order to have your team ready every week instead of falling flat on their faces just about every 1st half and then some.

30 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

They're so bad. They keep trying to find new ways to get Pagano to answer the same questions that he's already answered or said he can't/won't. Move on, please. 

How come Wilson didn't play more? What led to AV's misses? Where will the pass rush come from? Can the play calls improve on third down, especially third and short? Etc., etc. 

14 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I think people really tend to overestimate how long it takes an NFL player to get a grasp on the team's playbook. Brissett is a veteran backup, 2 weeks should be good to have enough of the offense at his disposal to make it through a single game as a starter.

Well, sometimes circumstances dictate. Two years ago we picked up a guy from the street in the middle of the week, and started him on sunday. And, actually won a game with him. So it happens.

But that doesn't mean automatically, that starting Brissett is a wise move. The guy really just arrived, and while I like him and his upside, he is not a Luck. He is a backup at best. If they start him, he might such just as Tolzien did. It'll be bad enough to hear an entire stadium booing on Tolzien. But there is one thing worse than that. Booing on Brissett. That's not a confidence building experience for a new guy....

11 minutes ago, Peterk2011 said:

Well, sometimes circumstances dictate. Two years ago we picked up a guy from the street in the middle of the week, and started him on sunday. And, actually won a game with him. So it happens.

But that doesn't mean automatically, that starting Brissett is a wise move. The guy really just arrived, and while I like him and his upside, he is not a Luck. He is a backup at best. If they start him, he might such just as Tolzien did. It'll be bad enough to hear an entire stadium booing on Tolzien. But there is one thing worse than that. Booing on Brissett. That's not a confidence building experience for a new guy....

He's clearly a backup, but I just can't fathom how he'd be worse than Tolzien, even if he only knows a fraction of the playbook.

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

He's clearly a backup, but I just can't fathom how he'd be worse than Tolzien, even if he only knows a fraction of the playbook.

I's pretty easy to fanthom him playing worse actually. :) Tolzien is bad, no doubt. But he not the worst ever.... by far. Neither his sunday's performance. We have seen lot worse than that many times. We have seen buttfumbles (from a first rounder), we have seen Curtis Painters, we have seen 5INT's thrown, etc. Brissett won 2 games for the Patriots last year, but he has thrown 92 yards out of 9 attempts and 102 yards out of 17 attempts in those games. He was practically handing the ball over to the running backs. He would need to do a LOT more for the Colts. I'm not sure he's ready for that after 5 training sessions and 2-3 film room sessions.

7 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I get the idea of Brissett not having been here long to learn our playbook, but he was a Patriot the last year and offseason and it always seems that players have a harder time learning their playbook, even Reggie seemed like he did. So if he can learn that maybe he can learn our "easier" playbook too

Keep the faith baby!

2 hours ago, Peterk2011 said:

I's pretty easy to fanthom him playing worse actually. :) Tolzien is bad, no doubt. But he not the worst ever.... by far. Neither his sunday's performance. We have seen lot worse than that many times. We have seen buttfumbles (from a first rounder), we have seen Curtis Painters, we have seen 5INT's thrown, etc. Brissett won 2 games for the Patriots last year, but he has thrown 92 yards out of 9 attempts and 102 yards out of 17 attempts in those games. He was practically handing the ball over to the running backs. He would need to do a LOT more for the Colts. I'm not sure he's ready for that after 5 training sessions and 2-3 film room sessions.

Tolziens performance on sunday was worse than painter

4 hours ago, csmopar said:

I agree with all of that. But I still wouldn't expect an official announcement until later in the week

Even if he learns some of the playbook he still has to build chemistry with the receivers, learn the audibles, etc....He's not going to do all that in just a few months. It can take awhile for a QB to fully understand the offense. He's miles away from being ready. Why do that to the kid? Why throw him into an unfavorable situation that could shake his confidence? 

Like I said, release Tolzien and bring back Morris. Let Jacoby learn. We can't force him to be the answer because we're in a whole.

5 hours ago, Superman said:

I have the Cardinals defense in one league, Carson Palmer in another. Both will start this week.

Cards defense might prove worthy, but starting Palmer is probably a mistake. Anything can happen, but the Cards offense looks bad.

I would have to be porous at QB to start Palmer. I'd definitely start Goff over him. 

2 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Cards defense might prove worthy, but starting Palmer is probably a mistake. Anything can happen, but the Cards offense looks bad.

I would have to be porous at QB to start Palmer. I'd definitely start Goff over him. 

But pagano couldn't coach ten MENSA recipients to tie their shoes.    Obviously Palmer is gonna break the nfl record for yards and tds Sunday

16 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

It's a deep league. I have to choose between Palmer and Glennon. Palmer it is.

35 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

But pagano couldn't coach ten MENSA recipients to tie their shoes.    Obviously Palmer is gonna break the nfl record for yards and tds Sunday

LOL. 

I am not freaking out over our defense. I think the D is going to get it together over the next few weeks. 

As long as our offense can sustain a few drives to give our defense proper rest then I think our it will hold up. 

If Tolzien plays then we might as well blame the defense though, because they're going to be on the field a lot.