Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Your Reason Why Luck Wiil/Won't Play This Year

King Colt

My take is sit him all year for these reasons

1. We stand little chance of winning more the 600% of our games even with an easy schedule.

2. The OL is till not what is required to protect him.

3. If the Colts start out 0-4 why being in Luck to play a lost cause?

4. From a financial point is it worth risking an even more lingering shoulder problem? No it is not.

5. If the Colts at going with Brissett then use this season to develop him in to a player that can win instead of an incompetent bum like the history of backups have been except for Hasselback.

6. What if Luck is injured again and his ability is reduced forever? Then what? Huh? Then what? The Colts are an average team with only one hope until they build a better  team.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, The Peytonator said:

hqdefault.jpg

I knew somebody was gonna go there. We were thinking the same thing right? I'm not ready to say Luck won't play at all for 16 weeks yet not before we officially kick off the season. 

If we have a down yr in INDY, I'll be okay with it. We can't expect precision every season. I know that. I'd hate to miss the playoffs for 3 straight yrs, but we have been spoiled for a longtime so these things ebb & flow good & bad. If INDY doesn't represent the AFC South, I hope Houston does. Besides, the residents of TX need hope after Hurricane Harvey. Screw Jerry Jones. LOL! 

In all fairness, I do know that Jerry Jones & his Dallas Cowboys have been generous with their time & donations, which is praiseworthy regarding their response to this horrific disaster. I'm trying to set aside my hatred for Dallas as a football team. Not an easy practice for me at all. 

In any case, don't rush Luck. I want him healthy even if that means we don't see him for say a month or so. I like that kid. Let that shoulder fully heal. 

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

1. We stand little chance of winning more the 600% of our games even with an easy schedule.

4. From a financial point is it worth risking an even more lingering shoulder problem? No it is not.

5. If the Colts at going with Brissett then use this season to develop him in to a player that can win instead of an incompetent bum like the history of backups have been except for Hasselback.

6. What if Luck is injured again and his ability is reduced forever? Then what? Huh? Then what? The Colts are an average team with only one hope until they build a better  team.

So many things wrong with this I can't even respond with answers you any of the questions.  Well done

44 minutes ago, GoDeep said:

I am a season ticket holder.

The thought of going to watch Scott Tolzein doesn't really get me excited.

I want Luck back STAT!

Well, we did acquire QB Jacoby Brissett from NE in a trade for WR Phillip Dorsett. Jacoby did look decent against Big Blue [NY Giants] with 4 TDs so even if Scott plays like crap; INDY can still be competitive at least GD. 

Yeah, I know it was preseason, but that guy can run & he has a good arm with solid decision making for the most part. 

Now watch Bill put Dorsett on punt return replacing Edelman & he lights it up. Just my luck. Just watch. 

I feel like people on here have a hard time identifying the difference between 'letting Luck heal till he's 100 percent' and straight up 'not playing him at all because we're scared he's gonna get hurt again'.

Luck is professional football player signed to a professional football contract. The reason he's not playing right now is cause he isn't fully healed. Once he is, he will play, whether the team is 5-0 or 0-5.

46 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

And we have the easiest schedule.

What I am about to say is not directed at you CB. 

When TV pundits in sports say that "easy schedule" line I always chuckle because if every yr is considered a clean slate with a new season as all coaches preach; no game is easy to get a victory against even a lousy team. 90% of games come down to about 5 key plays/turnovers or defensive stops. 

Again, I have no qualms with you CB; just that there are no easy opponents. I knew what you meant though. 

I don't think we should tank at all, I mean tank for who? It's not like we should to try and go 1-15 and draft Andrew Luck. If Luck is healthy and ready to go by Week 3 we very well could be in decent shape if we beat the Rams. Lets say we beat the Rams but lose to the Cards, still 1-1 and Luck is back vs the Browns. The schedule is very favorable early on. I don't have a lot of faith in Tolzein but the Rams also have their own major issues at QB. Goff hasn't proven anything.

Luck is a competitor, if he's healthy and ready to play hes going to want to play. He played in the meaningless Jags game last year simply because he wanted to. He's been chomping at the bit to get back out on the practice field, you arent going to be able to keep him off if hes ready to go.

He's going to play when he's ready.  JMV keeps saying week three and he said that again today.  JMV has been spot on with his Colts stuff over the years.  So that's what I am looking for.  We shall see if he's correct or not.  

They arent just going to hold him out for a year.  That will sit back his rehab even further becsuse you don't want anyone going over a year without playing meaningful football.  It would make him beyond rusty when he comes back.

34 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

What I am about to say is not directed at you CB. 

When TV pundits in sports say that "easy schedule" line I always chuckle because if every yr is considered a clean slate with a new season as all coaches preach; no game is easy to get a victory against even a lousy team. 90% of games come down to about 5 key plays/turnovers or defensive stops. 

Again, I have no qualms with you CB; just that there are no easy opponents. I knew what you meant though. 

I agree 100%. However, the Panthers had the easiest schedule when they went to SB50 and they had an incredible year. I'm not saying we will, but we do have a lot of easy teams on the schedule. Browns and 49ers are 2 examples

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

He's going to play when he's ready.  JMV keeps saying week three and he said that again today.  JMV has been spot on with his Colts stuff over the years.  So that's what I am looking for.  We shall see if he's correct or not.  

They arent just going to hold him out for a year.  That will sit back his rehab even further and you don't want anyone going over a year without playing meaningful football.  

I have a feeling it will be week 3 as well. Put him in against a stinky Browns to get a game under his belt and rust off. I just hope we are 1-1 and not 0-2

15 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

They arent just going to hold him out for a year.  That will sit back his rehab even further becsuse you don't want anyone going over a year without playing meaningful football.  It would make him beyond rusty when he comes back.

Yeah, he said as of tomorrow (9/6) he's two weeks away from being able to play barring any soreness or setback. That being said Ballard did say he would need extensive practice time before he plays. I've been thinking week 5 personally.

1 minute ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Yeah, he said as of tomorrow (9/6) he's two weeks away from being able to play barring any soreness or setback. That being said Ballard did say he would need extensive practice time before he plays. I've been thinking week 5 personally.

That even could be too but what is funny there is a chance we can actually go 2-2 without Andrew, then in week 5 we play the 49ers which we should win that game. Rams and Browns are in our first 4 games so 2-2 is realistic as long as Tolzein isn't Painter bad.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That even could be too but what is funny there is a chance we can actually go 2-2 without Andrew, then in week 5 we play the 49ers which we should win that game. Rams and Browns are in our first 4 games so 2-2 is realistic as long as Tolzein isn't Painter bad.

Hope you're right, but I havent seen anything to inspire that kind of confidence from this team as a whole with Tolzien at the helm. Funny, but I think Painter had clearly superior arm talent compared to Scott. The whole team will need to play near flawless ball. The Rams and Browns will be better than they were last year, how much so remains to be seen.

4 hours ago, King Colt said:

It's the NFL.... MOST teams stand little chance of winning MORE than 60% of their games.....  60% is just over 9.5 wins in a given year......  so point 1........ very first point...... is nigh invalid...... Most teams won't win over 9.5 games...... and no one has ever sat their QB because of it.   I didn't read the rest.

OMG..... it got better somehow.......  2, i'll kinda give you.   3....... who cares, that is nigh irrelevant.  we'd likely start 0-2 WITH Luck, like the last 2 years.......still started him.  4. - From a purely financial standpoint, it wouldn't crush the franchise.... this ain't the NB, you cut dudes, Even starting QB's and it's not like * up a bad contract in other sports......    5. - WTH?  Brissett was brought in to be a cheap backup who should improve over the next 3 years, and easily become a plus business decision, aka, not hard at all for him to outperform his contract for the next 3 yrs.......  "going with Brissett?"  smoke on......   6. - Could happen to anyone, anytime, anywhere.  Your rebuttal is literally " Then what?, huh?  then what?".     Yes, the Colts need to build a better team.  Luck not playing will not make the rebuild any quicker, more effective, or less costly....... slow the heck down and be patient......  if you can't, go do something fun on Sundays and come back in a few years, either way, it'll probably be worth the wait.....

18 minutes ago, cbear said:

The only way I hold him out for the season is if, when he is ready for play, we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.  Anything short of that and he plays when ready.  I'm not giving up on the season. 

Yeah I get it, if we are like 0-5 or 0-6 then we know it's over, other than that he plays if healthy.

Keep Luck healthy for the season 2017 and start him in 2018.  Start Brisett this season against the Rams instead of Tolzien.  No way Tolzien wins that game against the Rams, might as well develop Brisett.  I like the way he performed against the Giants in the last preseason game even if it's preseason....

5 hours ago, King Colt said:

I can't believe you just made me read that with my own two eyes.

I want to speak to your manager.

I demand my money back for this post.

5 hours ago, King Colt said:

We haven't even lost a single game yet.

The dealer isn't even done dealing yet and you're already folding.

:facepalm:

I don't get why anyone would think the team would let Luck sit (if he's healthy) regardless of a 0-8 record or worse... As an owner you have a fully healthy *franchise* QB on the bench not earning his pay, nah.... He would be on that field playing. Either way I don't see the record being that bad cause I doubt  ST will be the QB for long. 

7 hours ago, King Colt said:

1. you're probably right!

2. right again depending how long he has the ball in hands(ask Chud)

3. Have you seen his money he is making? He will play when ready!!

4. Not a problem when waiting for him to be ready!

5. Brissett already said he is ready when needed

6. Colts been there and done it. It revolves around more than just Luck.

9 hours ago, King Colt said:

I imagine you shouting this into your bathroom mirror over and over again.

:explode:

Calm the heck down.....

Even if luck, Kelly and Davis are out for the whole of september, we have a decent chance of opening the season 2 - 2... the rams and browns are winnable games.... cardinals and seahawks not so much.... but if we can go 2 - 2 with our starting qb and other key pieces out that would be a huge accomplishment. And it isn't crazy to say it could happen.