Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Your Reason Why Luck Wiil/Won't Play This Year

King Colt

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucky needs to come back, totally heeled and with all his strength back, and not until.
 This is a regroup, rebuild, restart season with half the roster churned. There is no Rush on his return to

being NFL ready.

I`m very happy with the house cleaning, and have high hopes for our Colts as to building a better roster.

Mack Attack!  yeehaaaaa

15 hours ago, King Colt said:

My take is sit him all year for these reasons

1. We stand little chance of winning more the 600% of our games even with an easy schedule.

2. The OL is till not what is required to protect him.

3. If the Colts start out 0-4 why being in Luck to play a lost cause?

4. From a financial point is it worth risking an even more lingering shoulder problem? No it is not.

5. If the Colts at going with Brissett then use this season to develop him in to a player that can win instead of an incompetent bum like the history of backups have been except for Hasselback.

6. What if Luck is injured again and his ability is reduced forever? Then what? Huh? Then what? The Colts are an average team with only one hope until they build a better  team.

:troll:

4 hours ago, Chucklez said:

Calm the heck down.....

Even if luck, Kelly and Davis are out for the whole of september, we have a decent chance of opening the season 2 - 2... the rams and browns are winnable games.... cardinals and seahawks not so much.... but if we can go 2 - 2 with our starting qb and other key pieces out that would be a huge accomplishment. And it isn't crazy to say it could happen.

I like your thinking. While it's true that this season could be a disaster due to injuries, the same could be said of any team.  At least (at this point anyway) none of the injuries are season - ending.

The Giants showed last year that a defense could be vastly improved in a year. 

I think the Colts special teams will be in the upper half of the league, the defense could be improved and the offense will be better as the year goes on.

None of really know at this point but why assume the worst?

He'll play, as he should. But there should be no rush to return him to the field before he's ready. Say for example, he could start week 3 and be better than Tolzein/Brissett - but we could give him extra rest. I'd feel comfortable holding him out until week 5 in such a case. 

1 minute ago, Track Guy said:

He'll play, as he should. But there should be no rush to return him to the field before he's ready. Say for example, he could start week 3 and be better than Tolzein/Brissett - but we could give him extra rest. I'd feel comfortable holding him out until week 5 in such a case. 

This

4 hours ago, Track Guy said:

Week four the Colts play the Seahawks and so it is another loss so why put him in only to lose?

I have a reason why Luck will play this season. He as much as said so. He also said when he gets back he's going to be BETTER. In that Andrew has never been much for braggadocio, just him saying means he believes it. If he believes it enough to say it, I believe it. Andrew likes practice and he's going to get a lot more practice. It is important for him to continue his development.

11 hours ago, BProland85 said:

I think Luck will play, but not until the 2nd half of the season. They will be cautious and wait until he is a full go from doctors, to avoid any future setbacks. 

I see this team finishing around 6-10 this year. 

I tend to agree, no point in rushing Luck back this season what's the point 

3 hours ago, bleevit said:

The entire concept behind this post is just bizarre. Let's put everyone on injured reserve until we have a consensus SB winner? Just Luck? Purely strange thinking.

Well and what happens when we finally get that consensus SB winner, but one of the offensive linemen get hurt and put on IR.  Whelp...throw in the towel and put Luck on IR with him and try again next year.  Luck would never play more than 5 games in a season.  lol

5 hours ago, King Colt said:

It makes one wonder how the Texans won the division two years in a row with no QB. It says a whole lot about the Colts inability to build a team.

Yeah...and that's why Grigson was fired.  You simply cannot just now be figuring this out. 

12 hours ago, King Colt said:

Universally side stepped or flat out missed in the posts here is Luck will not play unless the doctors say he can play. Anyone recall how Peyton Manning's career ended in Indy?!

LOLWUT.jpg

tinfoilhat.jpg

11 hours ago, bleevit said:

I have a reason why Luck will play this season. He as much as said so. He also said when he gets back he's going to be BETTER. In that Andrew has never been much for braggadocio, just him saying means he believes it. If he believes it enough to say it, I believe it. Andrew likes practice and he's going to get a lot more practice. It is important for him to continue his development.

What Luck or any pro athlete believes has no bearing on their play/no play status.

9 hours ago, J@son said:

Well and what happens when we finally get that consensus SB winner, but one of the offensive linemen get hurt and put on IR.  Whelp...throw in the towel and put Luck on IR with him and try again next year.  Luck would never play more than 5 games in a season.  lol

Yeah...and that's why Grigson was fired.  You simply cannot just now be figuring this out. 

LOLWUT.jpg

tinfoilhat.jpg

And how many years was Grigson in the job watching Luck get sacked 166 times and hit more than 300 times?

16 hours ago, King Colt said:

Week four the Colts play the Seahawks and so it is another loss so why put him in only to lose?

why would it be a loss?? This is football, any given Sunday!! We will always have a chance.... who knows what kind of shape the Seahawks will be in in week 4??

8 hours ago, King Colt said:

What Luck or any pro athlete believes has no bearing on their play/no play status.

Oh come on now. Let's see, I'm a head coach and my star QB believes he's feeling pretty good and I ignore that? Unrealistic statement there. Also science has proven that a positive mental attitude aids in healing. 

8 hours ago, bleevit said:

Oh come on now. Let's see, I'm a head coach and my star QB believes he's feeling pretty good and I ignore that? Unrealistic statement there. Also science has proven that a positive mental attitude aids in healing. 

I guess physicians in the NFL are strictly decorative. Psychic healing should be the final say on Luck according to some posters here. "The doctors say I'm bleeding internally buy I feel great so I will play Sunday.":billiejean:

10 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Good thing the OP isn't in the Colts organization. Luck would never play.

You are right on it. If he ain't healthy he ain't goin' in. After all the season is as good as lost anyway, why risk it?. Live to fight another  day. Please spare me the rah-rah about how we are going to win the Super Bowl this year.

10 hours ago, King Colt said:

I guess physicians in the NFL are strictly decorative. Psychic healing should be the final say on Luck according to some posters here. "The doctors say I'm bleeding internally buy I feel great so I will play Sunday.":billiejean:

No reason to be silly or disrespectful. Of course the docs are the final word, but it is obvious to the casual observer that is not simply wanting to be argumentative that the players input is of value. Get a clue.

11 hours ago, King Colt said:

You are right on it. If he ain't healthy he ain't goin' in. After all the season is as good as lost anyway, why risk it?. Live to fight another  day. Please spare me the rah-rah about how we are going to win the Super Bowl this year.

No one is saying we're winning the SB. Most posts I've seen are pessimistic. Your OP is just unrealistic. We're not trying to tank for the #1 pick. If Luck is healthy, play him. 

On what are you basing your opinion that the season is already as good as lost?

Wow, way to go from one absurd extreme to another.  Well done.