Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Roster Moves (Countdown to 53)

TKnight24

On 8/30/2017 at 9:14 AM, DaColts85 said:

JMV has continued to say that he will miss the first 2 games.  He said he has the possibility to come back sooner but his money is on week 3 start.  His source told him that he was about 25 days or so away from being cleared.  Add practice in there and you are looking closer to week 3 or even week 4 for a return according to him.

Not sure what all Holder meant, but I highly doubt they have Luck throwing to Hilton or anyone not an equipment guy.  Why risk a violation?  He could easily be throwing to equipment guys though, who can be running whatever routes they are told.  This is what Manning would do as well.

On 8/30/2017 at 9:16 AM, csmopar said:

for all we know, he could be throwing to high school or even undrafted/unsigned WRs....

Not unless he's been medically cleared.  He is/was instructed only to throw under strict supervision of the Medical staff/trainers while in rehab.  They want to be sure something like Braxton Miller doesn't happen to the Colts QB for the next 10-14 years.

On 8/31/2017 at 7:09 PM, TKnight24 said:

I've  been saying all along, he will need 2 or (closer to) 3 weeks of team drills/practice once he's cleared. Orthopedic surgeon (and former head physician of the San Diego Chargers for 17 years) Dr. Chao says it will be closer to a month. If Luck comes off the PUP today, I feel/hope he is ready 9/24.  Dr. Chao thinks 10/1.  We'll see what Andrew and the Colts do...

I think if Luck somehow/someway, he does not come off PUP (gets moved to Reserve/PUP list), He cannot play until at least 10/16, when the AFC South divisional games for the Colts begin.

Spence being cut irks me a little with Bostic starting. When Bostic was with the starters he looked horrible against the run and against the pass. Reminds me of the Phillip Walker thing a little bit. Guy looks good in training camp and awful in preseason but the coaches just stick with him anyway.

17 hours ago, csmopar said:

"It's in his head" interesting?

I posted about this recently.  one of Luck's biggest struggles will be (once mecially cleared0 to 'trust' his shoulder is better than before the surgery.  I've shown studies that demonstrate (overhead use) athletes do not 'Feel' normal until an average of 11.7 months after.  But, they are often back into playing before that.  Luck will need 2-3 weeks to get the reps to develop trust in his arm, and timing/rapport with his receivers.  All QB's need the latter (even Peyton did) when out all of camp/preseason, Luck has the 'mental' side to address as well.  We'll have to give him room to work himself back in.  So much of a players game is mental.  We have to have that on track as much as his physical condition.

2 hours ago, TDewar1987 said:

You're probably correct. They will probably cut players based on who becomes available if there are a bunch of players on our roster the Colts feel are on the border.

I think the issue here is, players with less than 4 years service aren't so much cut as they are waived.  The waiver period for this season is from 4:00 pm Saturday until noon on Sunday.  So priority to claim 'cut' players off the waiver wire goes to teams with less wins last year then the Colts, until 12:00 noon September 3 - when the waiver/claim period ends .

2 hours ago, TDewar1987 said:

probably at 4:00 and .00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 seconds. The forum will divide itself by zero and cancel out the universe and we will all cease to exist

haha

OK, I LOL'd...

1 minute ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I posted about this recently.  one of Lucks biggest struggles will be (once mecially cleared0 to 'trust' his shoulder is better than before the surgery.  I've shown studies that demonstrate (overhead use) athletes do not 'Feel' normal until an average of 11.7 months after.  But, they are often back into playing before that.  Luck will need 2-3 weeks to get the reps to develop trust in his arm, and timing/rapport with his receivers.  All QB's need the latter (even Peyton did) when out all of camp, Luck has the 'mental' side to address as well.  We'll have to give him room to work himself back in.  So much of a players game is mental.  We have to have that on track as much as his physical condition.

I think the issue here is, players with less than 4 years service aren't so much cut as they are waived.  The waiver period for this season is from 4:00 pm Saturday until noon on Sunday.  So priority to claim 'cut' players off the waiver wire goes to teams with less wins last year then the Colts, until 12:00 noon September 3 - when the waiver/claim period ends .

haha

OK, I LOL'd...

Oh okay, yeah that makes sense. Still trying to learn how all of it works. I never really paid much attention to the process and all of that in seasons past. I guess Ballard made me take more interest into free agency, draft, scouting etc.

1 minute ago, MTC said:

WR Bug Howard released per Stephen Holder.

Per Stephen Holder via indystar.com

"11:54 a.m.: Here's another one: Rookie receiver Bug Howard, who had a strong training camp, has been waived, per an NFL source. Howard, an undrafted free agent from North Carolina, was competing for one of the Colts' final spots at receiver, a position that was quite competitive."

24 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Spence being cut irks me a little with Bostic starting. When Bostic was with the starters he looked horrible against the run and against the pass. Reminds me of the Phillip Walker thing a little bit. Guy looks good in training camp and awful in preseason but the coaches just stick with him anyway.

I'm a little shocked after seeing how he played against the Bengals. Thought he and Morrison would have made a good duo.

The bright side is that they must believe Bostic, Walker and Jackson are better, should they make it.

5 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

I'm a little shocked after seeing how he played against the Bengals. Thought he and Morrison would have made a good duo.

The bright side is that they must believe Bostic, Walker and Jackson are better, should they make it.

I'm just a little skeptical. They thought Walker was better than Stephen Morris until preseason games showed otherwise. Some people are better during games. Bostic looked horrible all preseason.