Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Roster Moves (Countdown to 53)

TKnight24

Think people are upset because it was to the pats. We don't like the idea of them making him the player we all were hoping for. That will also make them even better. They lost Edelman and possibly another offensive weapon and we may have helped them reload! It is what it is though!

2 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

That's the point of trades.  without it, the Colts would never be able to acquire Brissett, and the patriots would never get a shot to acquire Dorsett.  Both of these guys would be claimed off waivers well before the Colts and Pats had a chance to claim them.

I don't think Dorset would have been waived.

Tolzien is the week 1 starter with Brisett starting week 2 and after. Luck will remain on the PUP. That's why we got the short end of this trade. We are desperate for a quality starter. This is the only way it makes sense.

Just now, Flash7 said:

I don't think Dorset would have been waived.

Tolzien is the week 1 starter with Brisett starting week 2 and after. Luck will remain on the PUP. That's why we got the short end of this trade. We are desperate for a quality starter. This is the only way it makes sense.

Brissett isn't starting week 2 or any week this year

Just now, jvan1973 said:

I wouldn't be too sure about that.  They could have picked up any number of warm bodies to be the third string qb.  They traded for brissett

Brissett is more physically capable of running the same Offense as Luck than any QB we had, if nothing else, he will minimize the necessary changes to the PB should Luck miss time over the next few y ears....

Just now, Flash7 said:

You may be right, I agree that he is not good and not worthy of the trade, however, I believe that's what the plan is.

Flash man...Our plan is Andrew Luck....and Scott Tolzien........

I dont hink we're staring anybody else in unless both are injured..

Brissett..is raw and he ...doesn't know anything about our offense

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I wouldn't be too sure about that.  They could have picked up any number of warm bodies to be the third string qb.  They traded for brissett

J, he doenst know the offense...

Maybe you're right about late in the year....But Andrew not being able to play late this year is so dark a prospect I don't want to even think about it

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Flash man...Our plan is Andrew Luck....and Scott Tolzien........

I dont hink we're staring anybody else in unless both are injured..

Brissett..is raw and he ...doesn't know anything about our offense

Of course our plan is Luck. It's not Tolzien, nor should it be. He's below average. The Colts could pay me to check down every play.

I believe that Ballard thinks Brisett is an upgrade. Both of us do not. 

Ithink this his is a clear indication the Luck will remain on the PUP, and because of that, Ballard is looking for a future starter. Like you, I think he is wrong here.

I think there's a second wave of this cutdown 'frenzy'

....You get to the limit and then you so shopping for bargains.

Is it true that players on your roster week one must be paid for the entire year./

Players picked up after week one do NOT have to be paid for the entire season.

Am I right about that.?

1 minute ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

He's a young, backup, with talent and starter potential.  Just what we need behind luck.  not UDFA hopefuls or journeymen. I'm OK with this.

I think this is where we may differ. I don't see him as a young talent. I see him as a project and someone that's benefitted from the NE system. I project that he will not be nearly as good with the Colts, as most NE QBs struggle mightily once they leave.