danlhart87

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

While Hooker is in the mold of Ed Reed and Earl Thomas,  he's apparently not good against the run.   Misses tackles....    Remember,  like TJ Green,  he stated 1-year at Ohio State.    Also he has a history of injuries, but the Colts say he'll be ready by camp in mid/late July...

He's not bad at tackling and he literally has 0 injury history.  

Unless we are gonna start counting hernias as game changing injuries injuries alluded to that of Achilles and ligament tears?

1 minute ago, COLTS449 said:

If you see an animal that looks exactly like a dog  and some dumb * tells you its a skunk would you believe it? LOL. As I've said. EVERYTHING points to him being 100% innocent. He passed a freaking lie detector test. 3-4 people say he did nothing. But man. I've seen things like this happen. Like I said. I've seen cops setup my neighbor and send him to jail on all kinda made up bull when he did nothing wrong, I've seen women lie on men and try to ruin them and their reputations...More than once. People get lied on and setup everyday man. We live in a corrupt world and "the woman's always right"

Exactly. Crazy ^%# happens. It could end up going to court and based on how rape cases often go, he could be found guilty, even if he wasn't. I'm not saying I'm not rooting for him if he's innocent, I'm just saying it's best to hold off on definitives until the dust settles.

3 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

That's not an injury history as people keep saying... He started and played in all 13 games last year

Lately fans act like if a player gets one injury he is injury prone.

Just now, Shive said:

Exactly. Crazy ^%# happens. It could end up going to court and based on how rape cases often go, he could be found guilty, even if he wasn't. I'm not saying I'm not rooting for him if he's innocent, I'm just saying it's best to hold off on definitives until the dust settles.

Yeah. But I just think he's clearly innnocent

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

While Hooker is in the mold of Ed Reed and Earl Thomas,  he's apparently not good against the run.   Misses tackles....    Remember,  like TJ Green,  he stated 1-year at Ohio State.    Also he has a history of injuries, but the Colts say he'll be ready by camp in mid/late July...

So, those who don't like the pick wanted a pass rush or a cornerback....   a number of players fell in the draft besides Hooker....     There was an early run on offensive players and that forced defensive players down.....

So Jonathan Allen was on the board...   he went a few picks later to Washington.    Ruben Foster was on the board,  and he went 31st to SF who traded up to get him.     Conley got taken in the 1st by the Raiders who say they gave the kid a lie detector test and he passed, so the feel OK about taking him.   

Interesting night....     You'll get up to speed pretty quickly I'm sure....

Sorry your stuck on the night shift,  I worked it for most of my adult life....

But why would people be complaining about not drafting Allen when his injury concerns are more severe than Hookers? The guy has arthritic shoulders.

And the difference with Hooker and Green is light years. 1 year starter but he had elite production at his position unlike Green who didn't do anything of note at 2 years at FS. Hooker is on another level and light years ahead of Green as a safety. His tackling is raw but he's a FS. I don't think he was asked to play in the box that much, and probably wasn't coached up to tackle soundly. That coachable though.

Malik is a top 10 talent that fell to 15. He's the steal of the entire first round IMO. Colts got a blue chip talent.

7 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

That's not an injury history as people keep saying... He started and played in all 13 games last year

If people are using the wrong terminology,  the wrong phrase --- OK.

But it's still significant that he had two operations after the season.

That's part of the reason he fell to 15.....

12 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

One of year of starting experience... 1st team All American safety. I'm going to keep saying this to those who keep bringing up the nonsense experience excuse. 

What injury history? He started all 13 games last year. 

From what i read he has had 3 injuries and most recently has had surgery  back in February to repair a hip injury he suffered at the end of the season.

4 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

Unless we are gonna start counting hernias as game changing injuries injuries alluded to that of Achilles and ligament tears?

He had two off season surgeries.

2 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

He's going to hit some rough patches, I have no doubt, but the kid is THAT good.

No doubt. I saw Earl Thomas get burned last year. It's gonna happen to all defensive players. Especially rookies. But I can see this kid leading us in interceptions this year. He's got anticipation and ball skills like D-Buts but he's younger, bigger, & more explosive. He'll make plays this year. 

1 minute ago, Johnny U. said:

Just watched tape of his 17 missed tackles.

Please continue then because if you were just staring at the tackles than you may have missed the 7 interceptions, 43 tackles, 5 for a loss, his 181 yards gained off turnovers and the hundreds of passes he directly effected in his 13 games.  Or maybe if you'd not have watched 10 minutes of "tape" aka (YouTube) you'd have watched his Clemson game where Watson and some 1st round receivers literally never threw to his half of the field. 

Oh oh but wait you are a troll and not actually trying to converse but just be arguementive lol.  #factskeepgettingintheway

3 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

He's had two off-season surgeries due to playing football.

One for a hernia,  the other for a hip.     That's not insignificant.     It's part of the reason he fell to 15.

I appreciate that he didn't miss any games....    that's great.    But two surgeries gets your attention.

And ever scouting analysis says he's not a good tackler...    He'll get better,  he only started one year,   but as of now,   he's not a good tackler...

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

And drafting Hooker does not mean Geathers is moving to linebacker he is a SS he will start next to Hooker who cares what happens with green 

Yeah TJ's just a bum and a wasted pick. We could've had Whitehair and a top 8-10 OL right now. He'll be off the team by the end of his 3rd year. I'm confident of that. Thank God that re***d Grigsob is outta here.

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

If people are using the wrong terminology,  the wrong phrase --- OK.

But it's still significant that he had two operations after the season.

That's part of the reason he fell to 15.....

He's doing fine-

Teams are reviewing medical info: On #OSU S Malik Hooker: Combine recheck went as well as it could. Healing is good. No questions there.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 21, 2017

23 minutes ago, MarvinTheGreat88 said:

We were very fortunate to have selected from Hooker, Allen or Foster. But those other two guys have more concerning injury red-flags, and Foster has off-the-field character issues to boot. Hooker is not only safer than those two, but also has a higher ceiling. I was fine with us taking either of the 3, but wanted Hooker most. Best draft pick we've made in years!

Im glad we got him. I would have been mad if we drafted cook there.

3 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

But why would people be complaining about not drafting Allen when his injury concerns are more severe than Hookers? The guy has arthritic shoulders.

And the difference with Hooker and Green is light years. 1 year starter but he had elite production at his position unlike Green who didn't do anything of note at 2 years at FS. Hooker is on another level and light years ahead of Green as a safety. His tackling is raw but he's a FS. I don't think he was asked to play in the box that much, and probably wasn't coached up to tackle soundly. That coachable though.

Malik is a top 10 talent that fell to 15. He's the steal of the entire first round IMO. Colts got a blue chip talent.

Yeah, a safety who can't tackle. Just what we need.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

One for a hernia,  the other for a hip.     That's not insignificant.     It's part of the reason he fell to 15.

I appreciate that he didn't miss any games....    that's great.    But two surgeries gets your attention.

And ever scouting analysis says he's not a good tackler...    He'll get better,  he only started one year,   but as of now,   he's not a good tackler...

Every scouting report on basically every DB except 1-2 say "needs to be a more reliable tackler" Like literally ever corner in this draft, and a lot of safeties, and he could and should come in year 1 and have no issues with tackling ability.

Just now, Defjamz26 said:

He's an Earl Thomas/Ed Reed player, and no Ohio State didn't play him up often. He would move to the slot in certain situations, but he was mainly a center fielder. His tackling isn't bad, the kid can tackle, he just has a bad habit of tacking poor angles. 

1 minute ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

He's doing fine-

Teams are reviewing medical info: On #OSU S Malik Hooker: Combine recheck went as well as it could. Healing is good. No questions there.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 21, 2017

I know...    said that in another post....    I listed to Pagano and he says their doctors have seen all the medicals and they look good and he was cleared by them (obviously)  and he should be ready to camp by the time camp starts in July...

2 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

Please continue then because if you were just staring at the tackles than you may have missed the 7 interceptions, 43 tackles, 5 for a loss, his 181 yards gained off turnovers and the hundreds of passes he directly effected in his 13 games.  Or maybe if you'd not have watched 10 minutes of "tape" aka (YouTube) you'd have watched his Clemson game where Watson and some 1st round receivers literally never threw to his half of the field. 

Oh oh but wait you are a troll and not actually trying to converse but just be arguementive lol.  #factskeepgettingintheway

Anyone who doesn't agree with you a troll? I'm not saying he can't cover. I'm saying he can't tackle consistently.

11 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Yes,  Ballard should of passed up a player he loved because he signed 31 yr old Darius Butler to a one yr deal.

Yes, we were going to ride one year of Butler to the Super Bowl.

I've said this numerous times:  in my opinion, with this roster, it doesn't matter which direction you go in first - it could have been anywhere.  You can't fix it all in one season anyway.  

2 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Every scouting report on basically every DB except 1-2 say "needs to be a more reliable tackler" Like literally ever corner in this draft, and a lot of safeties, and he could and should come in year 1 and have no issues with tackling ability.

I love the Hooker pick.    Every time someone here made a post about him I'd say I'd love to get him even though safety isn't a pressing need like OLB or CB.

That said....

If you think Hooker won't have issues with tackling in his rookie year you're setting yourself up to be disappointed.        Seriously,   not kidding.       He won't be great at tackling overnight.     He'll need to be coached up and that takes time.      Great pick,   but tackling will be an issue....

Sucha shame a lot of you would complain if he just took a breath...sheesh safety was still a need maybe it wasn't a BIG one but it certainly was we have green who couldn't cover year 1...butler who can cover but gets injured quite often (via broken hand) then geathers who's very solid but also gets injured quite often...I mean the only thing to complain about on the pick is that the guy has injury history but when you look at the playmaking talent he has (which green didn't have in college nor pros) you have to understand..you're not gonna get who you want the Colts Are Gonna Draft Who They Want lol UNDERSTAND THAT SHEESH

9 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Who cares if it's deep.  He obviously felt Hooker was significantly better.

Hooker is better, but not the BPA. Allen on the d-line paired up with Hankins..oh my. Or plugging in Foster in the middle hitting those gaps that the d-line opens up...would have been brutal for offenses. 

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Ugh I hate arguing semantics with you.  Almost every player has had a hernia of sorts in the offseason.  If that is significant then every single player in NFL history has injury concerns.  And his torn labrum is an injury that is a 100% heal rate...  

His injury history is not the reaso. Why he fell.  He fell because teams panicked for offensive talent because this draft is not deep in it.  Therefore the top 7 picks he was supposed to be picked in became 15.

Every scouting analysis doesn't say he's a poor tackler.  Most say he doesn't understand angles and is late to the ball.  But yes you do have some that say he's a bad tackler but like most things it was a monkey see monkey do.  One scout says it so now all of them do.  If you watch you see something entirely different and a much easier problem to be fixed.

11 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

The bolded just SCREAMS natural to me. This kid has potential to be one of the top 5 safeties in the game in a short amount of time. 

That video posted earlier said he had 40 picks (in practice) vs the OSU starters when he was still on their scout team, AND he has the most pick 6s in OSU history. This dude's no joke.

I think this was a simple case of BPA. 

I haven't seen many (if any) mocks in the last couple weeks that had Foster or Allen ahead of Hooker. 

Foster was my favorite prospect in this draft. I had Allen higher than Hooker as well, but those were the only two, in my view. The thing is, that there are significant long-term health concerns with both of those guys and Indy's medical staff has more info on those injuries than I do. 

We had bigger needs than Safety, but Hooker is a special prospect. I wouldn't want our team to ever pass up players with special talent over a guy who fits a need. I'm happy with the pick. I would have been mad, or at least puzzled,  had we drafted Takk or Harris with Hooker and Foster on the board because that would represent a bad draft philosophy, imo. 

Of course, nothing means anything until the players actually take the field. 

12 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

Thank you for proving my point. 

Like I said actually watch some tape on the kid before taking someone else's write up as gospel. 

As as far as your "write up" I already alluded to his lacking ability to take necessary angles but the rest of that is trash.  He finishes tackles just fine and his balance coming into question is downright laughable as his acrobatics (and impeccable turns to catch) is shown routinely in every scouting report and highlight reel you can find.  

But hey let's go grab a sure fire tackling safety that can't follow the ball in the air... oh wait we have that already in Green, except he really can't tackle well either...

I cracked up at his "WEAKNESSES ALL IN BOLD TO EMPHATICALLY MAKE MY POINT" post. Which, by the way, I will point out that every player ever drafted has weaknesses. Especially players who are only 1-year starters and are far from being the finished products they will be upon entering the NFL and improving throughout their careers. But you know, I think kicking off your college career as a 1st-Team All-American is a pretty good start :)

Anyway, I really hope that "WEAKNESSES" becomes a Colts Fan Forum meme, when people try to prove points in a bizarre/overly aggressive way. I don't know, it just strikes me funny lmao

2 minutes ago, Johnny U. said:

Anyone who doesn't agree with you a troll? I'm not saying he can't cover. I'm saying he can't tackle consistently.

No you are a troll because you fail to bring up any type of rhetoric to support your opinion except one line rhetoric and a shady "report" with no sources and from apparently one place to support your whole arguement of how you originally stated he was way lesser of a player.  

1 minute ago, Mr_486lo said:

Hooker is better, but not the BPA. Allen on the d-line paired up with Hankins..oh my. Or plugging in Foster in the middle hitting those gaps that the d-line opens up...would have been brutal for offenses. 

Time will tell.  I wanted Foster too, but I'm not close to certain who the better player will eventually be.

1 minute ago, Surge89 said:

Ugh I hate arguing semantics with you.  Almost every player has had a hernia of sorts in the offseason.  If that is significant then every single player in NFL history has injury concerns.  And his torn labrum is an injury that is a 100% heal rate...  

His injury history is not the reaso. Why he fell.  He fell because teams panicked for offensive talent because this draft is not deep in it.  Therefore the top 7 picks he was supposed to be picked in became 15.

Every scouting analysis doesn't say he's a poor tackler.  Most say he doesn't understand angles and is late to the ball.  But yes you do have some that say he's a bad tackler but like most things it was a monkey see monkey do.  One scout says it so now all of them do.  If you watch you see something entirely different and a much easier problem to be fixed.

Well...    on ESPN and NFL Network they noted you can't practice tackling very much anymore in the NFL.    You don't want to risk injury.     So, there's very little of that.     You learn on the job and take the bad with the good.

Not understanding angles and being late to the ball is part of being a poor tackler.     Semantics or not.

I'm not bad mouthing the pick.    I love the Hooker pick.    I think I had him 4th on my board.    Clearly BPA.

I'm just saying he's not clean and there are issues why someone so highly thought of falls this far...

1 hour ago, Old Colt said:

Injury history... 1 yr starter.. poor angles and misses tackles... We needed a lot more than a safety.  Butler would be fine... We need CB, EDGE, LB.... with Allen and.lots more available,  more of a Grigson pick

No it was the best pick. Idc who made it. Hooker was the right choice.