Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

David Parry Arrested in Arizona (Merge)

bababooey

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

David Parry......    Arrested?

Christian McCaffrey sits out the bowl game to prepare for the NFL draft?

Goodness gracious,  not a very good few months for Stanford kids.

What's next,  Notre Dame converts to a school for Orthodox Jews?!?           :spit:

Andrew Luck gets spotted at Club Rio...

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, horseshoepower said:

You forgot about Stanley Wilson II a former Detroit Lion, Who went to Stanford in the ealy 00's. Stanley has been arrested for breaking and entering naked into people's homes three times in the Portland,OR area in the last year. The first time he was shot, and instead of giving it up he doubled down! 

I'm starting to get worried about what Henry Anderson will do, lol.

2 minutes ago, horseshoepower said:

You forgot about Stanley Wilson II a former Detroit Lion, Who went to Stanford in the ealy 00's. Stanley has been arrested for breaking and entering naked into people's homes three times in the Portland,OR area in the last year. The first time he was shot, and instead of giving it up he doubled down! 

I wouldn't make fun of Stanely because he's badly in need of serious psychiatric help.    He's got a terrible chemical imbalance problem and needs help desperately.      The Stanford community really fears for this kid.   He could do real harm to himself.

So, he's not someone I would make fun of......

But yeah,  it hasn't been a good stretch for the Stanford football program.    Hopefully Christian and Solly do well at the Combine.

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I wouldn't make fun of Stanely because he's badly in need of serious psychiatric help.    He's got a terrible chemical imbalance problem and needs help desperately.      The Stanford community really fears for this kid.   He could do real harm to himself.

So, he's not someone I would make fun of......

But yeah,  it hasn't been a good stretch for the Stanford football program.    Hopefully Christian and Solly do well at the Combine.

That's actually horrible and sad. I never heard of the guy, so I thought horseshoepower was kidding. Hope he doesn't end up dead or something and gets some help. 

16 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

That's actually horrible and sad. I never heard of the guy, so I thought horseshoepower was kidding. Hope he doesn't end up dead or something and gets some help. 

This Stanley Wilson is the son of the more infamous Stanley Wilson who played RB for Cincinnati in the 80's, and who missed the Bengals close Super Bowl loss to San Francisco won by the 49ers on Joe Montana's late TD pass to John Taylor.

That Wilson missed the game because he relapsed on a bad cocaine problem the night before.    That Stanley Wilson had all sorts of problems.      And it appears tragically,  that his son got the worst parts of his DNA.

Very sad....

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/ex-nfler-stanley-wilson-ii-busted-naked-home-romp-article-1.2976865

Just now, horseshoepower said:

If he stays or go, is not up to public opinion, How does Jim Irsay feel about the situation? 

We're on a message board, so people are allowed to express their opinion. May not be up to us, but that doesn't mean we can't discuss if we want him here or not.

6 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Sure but if this is true he should be cut 

I believe this will just accelerate his demise. He wasn't staying past 2018 IMO. We were going to draft someone to start over him. Now, he'll just get released most likely if charged and we'll get his replacement in FA or the draft. It'll be an upgrade either way.

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's a strip club in Indianapolis. I haven't heard anything about that. If he was, who cares.

Well...     I hope he's been there --- at least once!  

If he has,  I suspect he's gone out with the guys on the team to blow off a little steam.

As far as I know, he's still with his long-time girlfriend who he met at Stanford and she moved to Indy to be with him.     I think they live together.....

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well...     I hope he's been there --- at least once!  

If he has,  I suspect he's gone out with the guys on the team to blow off a little steam.

As far as I know, he's still with his long-time girlfriend who he met at Stanford and she moved to Indy to be with him.     I think they live together.....

I think GoColts was being sarcastic because picturing Andrew there would be funny.

3 hours ago, Derakynn said:

What exactly is a transportation cart? Like a more powerful golf cart? Either way, this is why you wait for details before rushing to judgement. Looking at the charges makes it look very bad, while reading the story makes it seem like more of a crazy escapade of an intoxicated man. Either way, this will be pleaded out because the charges read to be somewhat excessive and hardly worth attempting to pursue. 

Completely agree

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Sure but if this is true he should be cut 

Did you actually read the story with the details of what happened?

It really isn't all that terrible.     The first story,  without all the details paints a much darker story.

While I wouldn't rule out that Parry gets cut,   I'm not expecting it.       Will be interesting to see how Ballard handles this.      He may cut Parry to make an example out of him.    But I hope that's not the case.....

5 hours ago, Derakynn said:

What exactly is a transportation cart? Like a more powerful golf cart? Either way, this is why you wait for details before rushing to judgement. Looking at the charges makes it look very bad, while reading the story makes it seem like more of a crazy escapade of an intoxicated man. Either way, this will be pleaded out because the charges read to be somewhat excessive and hardly worth attempting to pursue. 

Think of it as a "stretch" golf cart.

A typical golf cart might have one row of seats behind the driver-passenger in front.

A transportation cart might have one or even two more additional rows of seats, so a cart might hold 6 or 8 instead of just 4. 

You might use it at a large resort or college where it's harder to get around the campus/facility.

If I find a picture,  I'll drop one in,  but hopefully I've painted a visual picture for you.......

EDIT UPDATE:  Did a Google search and this is what I came up with.    I don't know for sure if this is what David took,  but this is my hunch.     Just click in the link.      You'll see 6 carts,  and I think 4 of them fit the description I offered....

http://www.cunninghamgolfcar.com/c-30-transportation.aspx

Assuming this is true.  It never ceases to amaze me that people are willing to risk their high paying jobs for stupidity.  He has a chance at making generational wealth and instead decides to get drunk, hit a guy giving you a ride in the head and steal his golf cart, smh. He is in the wrong entertainment business if he wants to do that.  He should become an actor, Hollywood doesn't seem to mind that type of behavior as much as pro sport leagues do.

I know some are dismissing the charges as not to serious but I think they are. He showed a complete lack of control and the situation could have been much worse.

But it'll be interesting to see how Ballard handles his first issue like this as GM. Say what you want about Grigson but he was pretty swift in cutting guys who messes up off the field. Andrew Jackson, Newsome, Rodgers, Purifoy, etc... Although I was surprised at no penalties for DQ assaulting a pizza guy.

Parry was probably in the cusp of the roster anyways and only top level players get second chances. As a 5th round pick who was better than expected but clearly a liability on the line, he may be gone.

20 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I know some are dismissing the charges as not to serious but I think they are. He showed a complete lack of control and the situation could have been much worse.

But it'll be interesting to see how Ballard handles his first issue like this as GM. Say what you want about Grigson but he was pretty swift in cutting guys who messes up off the field. Andrew Jackson, Newsome, Rodgers, Purifoy, etc... Although I was surprised at no penalties for DQ assaulting a pizza guy.

Parry was probably in the cusp of the roster anyways and only top level players get second chances. As a 5th round pick who was better than expected but clearly a liability on the line, he may be gone.

As someone with 12 years law enforcement experience and training, I want to disagree with the bolded.  I have seen and dealt with individuals who are outstanding citizens but make a mistake of drinking too much and then doing stupid crap.  Doesn't speak to their character or a lack of self control.  Alcohol makes people do stupid things when consumed too much.  Did he screw up, yes majorly, Does he deserve to answer for that mistake, absolutely.  Will he learn from this, I think he will based on what we do know about his character. Given that this is Parry's first documented issue since coming into the league and that there were no documented issues in college, I dont foresee this being a routine problem. Based on his on field production as a 5th rounder, which hasnt been great, but he's been serviceable and remains so as a backup, I wouldnt cut him until training camp, or at least until his replacement is in house.

Besides, did not a certain punter, who just happened to retire, get drunk, and go swimming in the canal and was arrested for public intox get a second chance?  It's not drug related, no one got hurt or injured or killed, he'll answer and pay his debt and as long as he stays out of future trouble, I'd keep him

42 minutes ago, csmopar said:

As someone with 12 years law enforcement experience and training, I want to disagree with the bolded.  I have seen and dealt with individuals who are outstanding citizens but make a mistake of drinking too much and then doing stupid crap.  Doesn't speak to their character or a lack of self control.  Alcohol makes people do stupid things when consumed too much.  Did he screw up, yes majorly, Does he deserve to answer for that mistake, absolutely.  Will he learn from this, I think he will based on what we do know about his character. Given that this is Parry's first documented issue since coming into the league and that there were no documented issues in college, I dont foresee this being a routine problem. Based on his on field production as a 5th rounder, which hasnt been great, but he's been serviceable and remains so as a backup, I wouldnt cut him until training camp, or at least until his replacement is in house.

Besides, did not a certain punter, who just happened to retire, get drunk, and go swimming in the canal and was arrested for public intox get a second chance?  It's not drug related, no one got hurt or injured or killed, he'll answer and pay his debt and as long as he stays out of future trouble, I'd keep him

First, thanks for providing such a well thought out response. And I respect your opinion as someone with a law enforcement background.

But I think him getting to the point where he was that drunk is a lack of control. Know your limits and don't push them. People get drunk all the time but to get drunk enough to the point that you assault someone and steal their cart, means he clearly pushed way past his limits. And they said the cart was found crashed. We haven't heard that anyone was injured but it sounds like someone could have.

No one is in control when they're drunk (except for a few who can handle their liquor that well) but getting that drunk shows a lack of self control. And Mcafee didn't really do anything dangerous. There's people who would swim naked in a canal sober lol. It's not drug related but alcohol can be just as big of a problem as drugs. 

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Did you actually read the story with the details of what happened?

It really isn't all that terrible.     The first story,  without all the details paints a much darker story.

While I wouldn't rule out that Parry gets cut,   I'm not expecting it.       Will be interesting to see how Ballard handles this.      He may cut Parry to make an example out of him.    But I hope that's not the case.....

I'm not a big fan of rich people being stupid you wanna be stupid then you don't deserve NFL money