Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How can you deny Tom Brady as the Greatest QB of all time?

chad72

Just now, Superman said:

No it wasn't. Brady's earnings paid him an average of $17m over the last four years. 

He's never been up for a renewal, because he's always getting extended with a big signing bonus a couple years in advance. 

Yes, he's underpaid. No, he hasn't been getting $10m/year below market value. 

Regardless of how much it is, he has been signing team friendly contracts for as long as I can remember.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

If you want to go down the rabbit hole of SBs being rigged, here is something for you to waste your time on:

:)  :) 

Can you please cliff notes this? I am guessing he calls out the Pats only having 6 men on the LOS for the game-tying conversion as well as the chop block no call in OT. 

11 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

Regardless of how much it is, he has been signing team friendly contracts for as long as I can remember.

That's true. I think it's a little overstated, especially when you look at the cash and at his age, but I'm not denying that he's done team friendly contracts. 

13 hours ago, 19colt said:

Sure, he has had a bunch of clutch performances but it is also easier to execute in those situations when you are surrounded by quality in every area of your team and coaching staff. Even then, he got away with some pretty bad plays vs Atlanta and should have been down by 11 late in the 4th had they just run the ball.

History shows that the Pats win in the playoffs even when Brady has an off day. 

Maybe because Brady is such a damn good leader.

On Dan Dakich today, they said Brady at halftime looked at every player in the eye and said "we will go out and have the greatest comeback in Superbowl history."

In my opinion, Brady has the perfect makeup for a clutch competitor.  It's not just getting lucky and it's not just cause he has the best players around him.

Belichick is world class at coaching.  But Belichick doesn't get 5 out of 7 super bowls without Tom Brady.

Hands down, Brady is the best.

4 hours ago, GoPats said:

Nope. But your post implies that I'm only here to gloat, which I am not. Chad (someone who I always had a lot of respect for as a poster) started a thread that I thought would be interesting to read. And it was. 

And to be honest, I was curious about what the fans of the Patriots' once-great-rival would be thinking yesterday morning in the aftermath of the Super Bowl. We had a lot of spirited debates over the years. There are others, like jskinnz and Superman, who have always been guys I liked and respected. 

To answer your question, then, no... if the Patriots had lost, I'd be avoiding everything for a couple of weeks. No news, TV, Internet, message boards (which I don't do a lot of anymore anyway).

My apologies if my presence here offends you somehow at this point. I would think someone as passionate in their rooting interests as you would understand the process of wanting to defend your favorite players.

On second thought, perhaps you were sincere, and given the friendship we used to have here, I should have given you the benefit of the doubt.

Here's the thing with me tho.  Last year, after Peyton won his 2nd SB, making it the first time ever a QB had led 2 different teams, with 2 different coaches no less, to SB wins, I didn't  see any Pats fans come here and say what a great accomplishment, he is to be congratulated, etc....  no quite the contrary.   The only comments I saw from any Pats fans were about some long ago scandal from college days, and some bogus AlJazerra crap.  

You may be sincere in just wanting to check things out without gloating, but it would have been a little easier to believe if you had also shown up after last year's SB to congratulate the other half of this great QB friendly rivalry we've all been a part of over the years.  

2 hours ago, ThatOneColtFan said:

Brady has mastered fear better than any QB I've ever seen.

He can get hit, throw a pick 6, not hit 3 straight passes, and he will still bounce back and treat the next snap like it's an entirely different game all together. Only like 2% of QBs can do that and he's done it, he's mastered it, and he's done it with a ton of limitations. But man that doesn't matter when the Pats coaches have been able to craft such a well oiled machine. I swear, it seems like they're running a new offense every 2-3 years.

I agree.  Even down 28-3, I knew the game wasn't over.  Many qb's would be mentally done by halftime.   Brady was frustrated but not done.  That''s just how he is.

13 minutes ago, Gramz said:

You may be sincere in just wanting to check things out without gloating, but it would have been a little easier to believe if you had also shown up after last year's SB to congratulate the other half of this great QB friendly rivalry we've all been a part of over the years.  

Fair point. In all honesty, the last couple of years of his career I associated Manning more with the Broncos than the Colts, and wasn't so much thinking of his loyal followers here. 

Lots of turbulence, being a Pats fan these past couple of years, so I stayed away from all MBs other than the planet, and only popped in there from time to time... lmao

1 hour ago, Superman said:

That's true. I think it's a little overstated, especially when you look at the cash and at his age, but I'm not denying that he's done team friendly contracts. 

I saw pro athlete salaries one year.  Tiger Woods, Lebron, Peyton and Brady, on down the line.  Brady was making about 25 million with endorsements.  But there was an asterisk by his name.  It said "But his wife Gisele makes 50 million a year modeling!"

5 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

You just defined the best system in the league, and then said Brady isn't a system QB. He has been in that same system his entire career. You have one body of work to look at. Whereas, just as an example, you have peyton take 2 teams to the SB. System QB vs Non system QB. But I'm not saying I'm debating Brady vs Manning. It's just Brady is just that, a system QB until proven otherwise. 

The Pats have had multiple offensive coordinators.  Their offense has changed greatly over the years.  Brady's ability to keep playing well and winning despite all those different systems shows he can play well in a variety of systems.  It isn't the system making him great.  He makes good decisions, takes care of the football, and plays an efficient game.  The Pats have a great system and a great QB, but he isn't a great QB because he's in a great system.  Their coaches have a great system that takes advantage of the talents their great QB has.

2 minutes ago, GoPats said:

Fair point. In all honesty, the last couple of years of his career I associated Manning more with the Broncos than the Colts, and wasn't so much thinking of his loyal followers here. 

Lots of turbulence, being a Pats fan these past couple of years, so I stayed away from all MBs other than the planet, and only popped in there from time to time... lmao

:shake:

21 minutes ago, Gramz said:

On second thought, perhaps you were sincere, and given the friendship we used to have here, I should have given you the benefit of the doubt.

Here's the thing with me tho.  Last year, after Peyton won his 2nd SB, making it the first time ever a QB had led 2 different teams, with 2 different coaches no less, to SB wins, I didn't  see any Pats fans come here and say what a great accomplishment, he is to be congratulated, etc....  no quite the contrary.   The only comments I saw from any Pats fans were about some long ago scandal from college days, and some bogus AlJazerra crap.  

Well I didn't come here cus I'm already here :)  But I will say I'm not into congrats as I feel uneasy being congratulated like I didn't do anything.

On that note I will say I was "very" happy to see Peyton win that 2nd SB because I admire quality no matter who they play for.

4 hours ago, Gramz said:

Thank you for your honesty,  I appreciate it.  

As to the bolded,  your presence here does not offend me.    And yes, I have in the past, defended my favorite player, time and time again.  ON MY OWN HOME BOARD.    Never once have I gone to an opposing teams board, after my favorite player  won a SB, to see if our rivals had somehow changed their mind about him.   :scratch:    haha To me that would be just like looking for trouble.   But that's me and how I see things.

Any other response from me would have been a tough story to sell, lol... I think we've all been there. When your team loses a big game, you don't want to read a single word about the entire sport for at least a week or two. 

You know, the thing is... I actually DO see some pretty significant change from two years ago. Back then, I don't think you would have seen as many Indy fans responding yes to the OP's question. Still plenty of disagreement on the topic, of course.

1 hour ago, GoPats said:

Any other response from me would have been a tough story to sell, lol... I think we've all been there. When your team loses a big game, you don't want to read a single word about the entire sport for at least a week or two. 

You know, the thing is... I actually DO see some pretty significant change from two years ago. Back then, I don't think you would have seen as many Indy fans responding yes to the OP's question. Still plenty of disagreement on the topic, of course.

Sorry *. I don't want a fan from some other team cramming their glory down my throat. Gloat. Gloat. Gloat.*

1 hour ago, -JJ- said:

Well I didn't come here cus I'm already here :)  But I will say I'm not into congrats as I feel uneasy being congratulated like I didn't do anything.

On that note I will say I was "very" happy to see Peyton win that 2nd SB because I admire quality no matter who they play for.

you are not only my favorite pats fan but one of my favorite posters.

:hug:

On 6/2/2017 at 5:53 AM, 21isSuperman said:

To which Brady has been the main contributor. People have come and gone over the years but Brady has always been there. Truly a testament to his greatness that he has 5 rings with so many different teammates.

1 hour ago, GoPats said:

When we lost to the Saints I couldn't watch anything Football related for a month. It was the worst feeling I think I have ever felt in my life sports wise. That would've been a huge win for the Colts and Peyton's legacy. I have been there, I know when you guys lost to the Giants in 2007 that had to be devastating not going 19-0.

14 minutes ago, James said:

To which Brady has been the main contributor. People have come and gone over the years but Brady has always been there. Truly a testament to his greatness that he has 5 rings with so many different teammates.

Him and one of the greatest coaches of all time.  I'm not trying to say Brady is a bad QB.  He's one of the greatest to ever play the game.  I just don't think he's the greatest

6 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Him and one of the greatest coaches of all time.  I'm not trying to say Brady is a bad QB.  He's one of the greatest to ever play the game.  I just don't think he's the greatest

That is one of the best arguments against him being labeled the GOAT being he has had Bill Belichick his whole career. Peyton Manning went to 4 SB's with 4 different Head Coaches so he was the system clearly. Another argument against Brady being labeled the GOAT is his teams lost to inferior Giants teams twice on the big stage. Once when they were undefeated. Just playing devil's advocate here.

25 minutes ago, krunk said:

Brady is the best of all time.  Too much proof and he's usually the catalyst outside of BB. 

You are not going to get much of a debate from me on that. I will say the 2 scandals have to be factored in though so I see why people don't think he is. A lot of his winning has to with Bill Belichick as well. Like I posted yesterday if you put Brady, Montana, or Peyton in a hat and drew one you cant go wrong, your franchise is going to dominate. Peyton has proven one thing, he can make Jim Caldwell, John Fox, and Gary Kubiak look like Bill Belichick haha. He went to the SB with those guys and won with Kubiak. Dungy was the only legit Good Coach he won with and IMO he isn't even on Belichick's level.

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You are not going to get much of a debate from me on that. I will say the 2 scandals have to be factored in though so I see why people don't think he is. A lot of his winning has to with Bill Belichick as well. Like I posted yesterday if you put Brady, Montana, or Peyton in a hat and drew one you cant go wrong, your franchise is going to dominate. Peyton has proven one thing, he can make Jim Caldwell, John Fox, and Gary Kubiak look like Bill Belichick haha. He went to the SB with those guys and won with Kubiak. Dungy was the only legit Good Coach he won with and IMO he isn't even on Belichick's level.

They win regardless.  Flat balls or full balls,  video taping or not they still chug right along like it's nothing.      They win even when people have zero proof.  Even the game we defeated them in the AFC championship we had to scratch and claw to get that one and that was honestly one of their weakest teams to me.   Them guys just know how play football and Brady is certainly one of the main catalyst.  I'm not even arguing anymore.  I give up!!!!!   LOL

5 minutes ago, krunk said:

They win regardless.  Flat balls or full balls,  video taping or not they still chug right along like it's nothing.      They win even when people have zero proof.  Even the game we defeated them in the AFC championship we had to scratch and claw to get that one and that was honestly one of their weakest teams to me.   Them guys just know how play football and Brady is certainly one of the main catalyst.  I'm not even arguing anymore.  I give up!!!!!   LOL

Yeah me too.  I give up.   I'm with @Nadine.   Let's give him the damn Crown, call it done if it means we never have to talk about it again.    

On February 5, 2017 at 9:37 PM, Synthetic said:

He just surpassed Joe Montana if people didn't think he already did with the playoff record. 

Thank you Tom Brady! The Who Dat Nation owes you this one for making Roger Goodell hand you that trophy after the unlawful controversy of Deflategate. Thank you, this is redemption for Bountygate and Deflategate!!! 

And THANK YOU SO MUCH for denying the Falcons a Lombardi! 

No, Brady didn't because Montana never lost a SB he played in. Tommy lost 2 to Big Blue. 

On February 5, 2017 at 10:45 PM, 21isSuperman said:

Joe Montana: 4 Super Bowls, 4 wins, 0 INTs thrown

Exactly 21 exactly. Also, once a player retires from the NFL, it's unfair to extend Brady Championships while dis-ing Joe at the same time simply because his career didn't last as long as Tom's continues to endure. 

On February 6, 2017 at 9:07 AM, Gramz said:

I think he is very fortunate to be on a well rounded team, with possibly the best coach ever.  BB is the master of making halftime adjustments.   That was proven once again last night. 

No doubt, Tom has accomplished a lot. But I see it as a team, not a one man show there.  Case in point, when he went down, the Pats kept winning.  When he was suspended for cheating, the Pats kept winning.  

And meanwhile.....back in Indy, when Peyton went down, well......you know the rest.

Peyton will always be the greatest in my eyes.

Precisely Gramz. Let's put Brady in Miami & see how many rings he gets without BB his entire career shall we. Meanwhile Peyton had Coach Mora, Caldwell, Dungy, Fox, & Kubiak. 

On February 6, 2017 at 9:54 AM, bayone said:
lack of experience in end hurt Falcons

Back to back mistakes last 2 drives

1. Freeman misses block allows strip sack, = Brady 8 points

2. u  R in FG range up by 8, time running down, just run ball, use up time or force BB to take time outs & get the easy FG, = up 2 scores , never should of had Ryan take snap and  look for a receiver putting him in position  for  sack & taking out of FG range esp after attempt to throw on 2nd dwn had hold and 10 yard penalty

But Brady & BB did the right plays at the right moments , But Falcons never should of let it get  to that tie due to # 2

Hey Barry, nice to see great analysis from you. Keep it up! 

On February 6, 2017 at 2:25 PM, GoPats said:

A little older, not much wiser, but I'll see if I can contribute anything worthwhile. :thmup:

In all seriousness GP, your team has earned the right to gloat until Sept. now. That Hightower hit on Ryan basically won NE your 5th ring. Congratulations. The hardest part for me was seeing Dwight Freeney find Brady after the game & be a good sport because losing SBs plural hurts like hades & Freeney knows his glory days are probably over now. Love ya Dwight! 

5 hours ago, Blue Swagger said:

Maybe because Brady is such a damn good leader.

On Dan Dakich today, they said Brady at halftime looked at every player in the eye and said "we will go out and have the greatest comeback in Superbowl history."

In my opinion, Brady has the perfect makeup for a clutch competitor.  It's not just getting lucky and it's not just cause he has the best players around him.

Belichick is world class at coaching.  But Belichick doesn't get 5 out of 7 super bowls without Tom Brady.

Hands down, Brady is the best.

Flip that then. How many Superbowl's does Brady win if BB is kidnapped by Drew Bledsoe way back before it all started and the two are never seen again? 

They were one of two teams in NFL history to miss the playoffs at 11-5 when Matt Cassell was QB and you could make an argument that NE makes the AFCCG this year with Garropolo at QB. 

Off topic slightly, but still SB related...

I'm very proud of QB Matt Ryan who played exceptionally well for 3 QTRs & about 10 minutes into the 4th quarter. Yeah, I know he lost in overtime. So what? It was a very impressive Lombardi appearance debut. He threw the ball well most of the night with deadly accuracy & let's be honest, at the end of the 3rd quarter, even the Patriots sideline believed the game was essentially over. 

Look, I'm not a big stat guy & I don't remember what his completion percentage was, but that Hightower sack wasn't Matt's fault. Freeman has to pick the NE guy up. Matt was looking downfield like you'd expect him to for an open WR or TE. 

You represented Atlanta with class & dignity Ryan. Bravo! :hat:

Not sure if it was noted yet after 7 pages (won't go back and look through it all), but Brady did this without Gronk too for the postseason. Many had doubts that without Gronk it eventually would bite them in the rears vs. good teams, but it didn't.

I am pretty impressed too since Brady his entire career has been pretty good at playing with just about anything they throw out there on the field around him and making it work. 

Bill B. might indeed be the real GOAT here but I am not sure Bill B. would even be able to work with other great QBs like Peyton or whomever. Bill B. and Brady have that chemistry mesh since day 1 and work together so well as if they are a happily married couple. Also as much credit as Bill gets, he never won it all without Brady starting either so this works both ways here.

I truly am not even sure I can think of another QB who could have done that comeback the other night. Most QBs and most people in general would say "it's over" after that pick 6 happened. 

11 minutes ago, Jules said:

Not sure if it was noted yet after 7 pages (won't go back and look through it all), but Brady did this without Gronk too for the postseason. Many had doubts that without Gronk it eventually would bite them in the rears vs. good teams, but it didn't.

I am pretty impressed too since Brady his entire career has been pretty good at playing with just about anything they throw out there on the field around him and making it work. 

Bill B. might indeed be the real GOAT here but I am not sure Bill B. would even be able to work with other great QBs like Peyton or whomever. Bill B. and Brady have that chemistry mesh since day 1 and work together so well as if they are a happily married couple. Also as much credit as Bill gets, he never won it all without Brady starting either so this works both ways here.

I truly am not even sure I can think of another QB who could have done that comeback the other night. Most QBs and most people in general would say "it's over" after that pick 6 happened. 

I agree.  Belichick is a great one, but he needs Brady to get 5 rings.

And like you said, no other qb pulls that win out down 28-3

Before I say what I need to say, let me pardon the following NE fans whom I do not include them in the following statement: [Yehoodi, GoPats, JJ, Flying Elvis, Dynasty13, & Jim Jamie etc.] All you folks have been cool to me & I value your commentary. 

Okay, here's my point: Why do some NE fans, not all but some, feel this overwhelming compulsion to rave endlessly on & on about how great your QB Tommy is while every other field general in the history of the NFL past & present is simply dog crap? Can't you just say Brady is elite, you're glad he plays for your fanbase, admit other QBs are talented, & just let it go beyond that? 

I just get the sense that some fans live vicariously through Brady because their ordinary lives pale in comparison so guys overcompensate since their ability to satisfy their woman isn't that great & they live a paycheck to paycheck lifestyle for the most part. Brady is their happy place because their mundane existence sucks. 

33 minutes ago, Jules said:

Good post. The way they re-tooled with Hogan and White was impressive, however, I would note that their offense looked pretty good with Garappolo and no Gronk early on. 

As for that pick six - maybe his next pass should have been a pick six too. Somehow it ended up being a completion. The same thing happened to Peyton vs Seattle and was a pick six. 

1 minute ago, southwest1 said:

Before I say what I need to say, let me pardon the following NE fans whom I do not include them in the following statement: [Yehoodi, GoPats, JJ, Flying Elvis, Dynasty13, & Jim Jamie etc.] All you folks have been cool to me & I value your commentary. 

Okay, here's my point: Why do some NE fans, not all but some, feel this overwhelming compulsion to rave endlessly on & on about how great your QB Tommy is while every other field general in the history of the NFL past & present is simply dog crap? Can't you just say Brady is elite, you're glad he plays for your fanbase, admit other QBs are talented, & just let it go beyond that? 

Well I don't know personally what they say on their own forums since I don't go there very often to read. But, here on this forum I don't see that many NE fans lately raving that Brady is the best there ever was and every other QB is crap. We might have about 3 NE fans that talk from time to time here now.

If anything I think die hard Peyton fans have been more guilty of jumping through hoops of fire to try to prove he is the best ever and that he did more then anyone else ever did.

The truth is these threads we have had have often been more fueled by Peyton fans over the years then just Pats fans. Most Pats fans have not even been talking much lately on these forums for a while now since when they have they just hear and see a lot of cheating talk that frustrates them and they leave.

Also many ARE going to label Brady as the GOAT now, including me at times. That comeback was the best in history.

I just get the sense that some fans live vicariously through Brady because their ordinary lives pale in comparison so guys overcompensate since their ability to satisfy their woman isn't that great & they live a paycheck to paycheck lifestyle for the most part. Brady is their happy place because their mundane existence sucks. 

Okay this is a tad rude for you southwest and I am a bit suprised it comes from you, You could say the same about ANY fanbase online for anything.

I know many are bitter about NE winning another SB but at the same time do we have to insult their finances or their ability to be good in bed? Huh?

If the Colts had just won their 5th SB since 2001 you can bet this forum would be on cloud nine bragging.

We all have fantasies we love in entertainment but that is part of being a human being.

Also I am a big fan of football too may I add. I love to watch great players at their very best. I personally have not felt the tensions of the Pats rivalry as much since Peyton left the Colts. I enjoyed watching Brady do that comeback and I admit it. I also enjoyed watching Lebron come back 1-3 vs. the Warriors last June. I love watching the best rise to the occasion in the biggest moments. It is the stuff we live for in entertainment.

13 minutes ago, Jules said:

Okay this is a tad rude for you southwest and I am a bit suprised it comes from you, You could say the same about ANY fanbase online for anything.

I know many are bitter about NE winning another SB but at the same time do we have to insult their finances or their ability to be good in bed? Huh?

If the Colts had just won their 5th SB since 2001 you can bet this forum would be on cloud nine bragging.

We all have fantasies we love in entertainment but that is part of being a human being.

Would I be saying Peyton is the greatest QB ever & doesn't cheat? No, I would not. I pride myself in being dignified in both victories & losses. I am personally offended by what you wrote on my behalf. You should be ashamed of yourself. 

When Peyton & the Broncos beat the Panthers did I slam Cam Newton? No, I did not. When my Mens Basketball WI Badgers & Bo Ryan lost to Coach K & Duke did I slam the winners? Hades no, I simply said I was disappointed because my Badgers will never return to the NCAA Men's Championship game again in my lifetime. 

So, when did I stop becoming a human being exactly? Please....

38 minutes ago, Blue Swagger said:

I agree.  Belichick is a great one, but he needs Brady to get 5 rings.

And like you said, no other qb pulls that win out down 28-3

It had to be the perfect storm, Brady and the offense cooking, tipped passes falling into Patriots' wide outs hands, Atlanta failing to cash in on good field position after the onside kick and in FG range and gifting the Patriots chances, and the Patriots' D holding up Ryan and stepping up. Most comebacks happen because the D keeps the QB in the game and big tough plays are made by the supporting cast on offense and defense. 

Everything that could go right for the Patriots did in the second half, everything that could go wrong for the Falcons did in the second half, IMO, for this comeback to happen.

That is why the probability of such a comeback happening again is close to never again. However, you needed a QB unfazed and cashing in on every opportunity he was given, and Brady was probably the only one I could see doing it at the highest stage.

3 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Would I be saying Peyton is the greatest QB ever & doesn't cheat? No, I would not. I pride myself in being dignified in both victories & losses. I am personally offended by what you wrote on my behalf. You should be ashamed of yourself. 

When Peyton & the Broncos beat the Panthers did I slam Cam Newton? No, I did not. When my Mens Basketball WI Badgers & Bo Ryan lost to Coach K & Duke did I slam the winners? Hades no, I simply said I was disappointed because my Badgers will never return to the NCAA Men's Championship game again in my lifetime. 

So, when did I stop becoming a human being exactly? Please....

I am not exactly sure what you are trying to get at lately here so I will drop it soon but you said:

Read it over and realize how bad this sounds. It can be applied to any fanbase for anything really. A lot of fans are struggling financially and a lot of fans have lousy lives maybe. Thats why we get so many personal highs off of seeing these big games too, we love to see distractions and have fun on the side.

I will fully admit that if the Colts pulled off the SB comeback that the Pats did the other night I would be calling Andrew "King Luck" probably and acting like every other game previously pales in comparison.

IMO, there is no such thing as the GOAT.  Brady is one of the best to ever play the game and his being a 6th round draft pick makes it the type of story of which dreams are made.

However, what if the Patriots hadn't picked Brady with the 199th pick?  What if it had been the Browns who picked a different QB (Spergon Wynn) with the 183rd pick?  Would Brady have been as successful?  Would he now have 5 rings?

Give me a DeLorean.  Let me go back in time and switch those picks.  If Brady is still as successful, then I would agree that he is the GOAT.  But for now, I say that he is one of the best.  I don't know why that isn't good enough for fans because it sure would make me happy to go down in history as one of the best to ever play a game.

2 hours ago, 19colt said:

Flip that then. How many Superbowl's does Brady win if BB is kidnapped by Drew Bledsoe way back before it all started and the two are never seen again? 

They were one of two teams in NFL history to miss the playoffs at 11-5 when Matt Cassell was QB and you could make an argument that NE makes the AFCCG this year with Garropolo at QB. 

I think Jimmy G a damn good QB.

but the Cassel argument is weak. First look at the schedule: one of the weakest schedules in the NFL that year. Second Cassel inherited a team that went 16-0 the year before and he lost more than 33% more games on a weaker (based on strength of schedule) schedule! I dare say Brady may have pulled off another 16-0 season.

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When we lost to the Saints I couldn't watch anything Football related for a month. It was the worst feeling I think I have ever felt in my life sports wise. That would've been a huge win for the Colts and Peyton's legacy. I have been there, I know when you guys lost to the Giants in 2007 that had to be devastating not going 19-0.

That game hurt so bad..... that I really have done a good job oppressing it from my memory.... sometimes in error I say Peyton has only gone to 3 Super Bowl.... 

1 minute ago, jjcolts said:

That game hurt so bad..... that I really have done a good job oppressing it from my memory.... sometimes in error I say Peyton has only gone to 3 Super Bowl.... 

Yeah, that was a tough one to swallow.      

1 hour ago, southwest1 said:

Off topic slightly, but still SB related...

I'm very proud of QB Matt Ryan who played exceptionally well for 3 QTRs & about 10 minutes into the 4th quarter. Yeah, I know he lost in overtime. So what? It was a very impressive Lombardi appearance debut. He threw the ball well most of the night with deadly accuracy & let's be honest, at the end of the 3rd quarter, even the Patriots sideline believed the game was essentially over. 

Look, I'm not a big stat guy & I don't remember what his completion percentage was, but that Hightower sack wasn't Matt's fault. Freeman has to pick the NE guy up. Matt was looking downfield like you'd expect him to for an open WR or TE. 

You represented Atlanta with class & dignity Ryan. Bravo! :hat:

Agree Southwest1 - Matt played an "almost" perfect game.  That sack he took was a killer..... but had his coaches had a better game plan... things could have been different. Oh well. Freeman missed a few blocking assignment as well. 

Matt Ryan did represent his team well and was gracious in his defeat, no matter how crushing.  Argh...