Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How can you deny Tom Brady as the Greatest QB of all time?

chad72

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Colts losing in 2009 was similar because we were 14-0 and quit on an undefeated season, then Peyton threw the ending Pick 6 in the SB. It was such a fantastic season and the way it ended made me sick.

No doubt, makes you wonder if getting there was even worth it, but that passes. It's like being 15 and getting dumped for the first time and saying you wish you'd never met her, lol...

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, southwest1 said:

With all due respect, drop the holier than thou routine. Thank you very much.

SW, buddy...

I dont live vicariously through Tom Brady. I live vicariously through Gronk. More parties, less kale, and Gisele isn't my type! (No offense to 6'3" women who sorta look like dudes.)

Seriously though...

Your friends were just pointing out that part of that post doesn't match up with the awesome guy you are. I'm sure you don't really believe (literally) that and were probably exercising some hyperbole! 

Hakuna matata and stuff. 

10 minutes ago, GoPats said:

SW, buddy...

I dont live vicariously through Tom Brady. I live vicariously through Gronk. More parties, less kale, and Gisele isn't my type! (No offense to 6'3" women who sorta look like dudes.)

Seriously though...

Your friends were just pointing out that part of that post doesn't match up with the awesome guy you are. I'm sure you don't really believe (literally) that and were probably exercising some hyperbole! 

Hakuna matata and stuff. 

I actually think Gisele is hot but that is just me. Tom knows.

23 minutes ago, GoPats said:

LOL. I wish Gronk would leave the Patriots so he could be one of my favorites dude cracks me up. I read an article that said Gronk once missed a FT in high school basketball just so the score would stay 69.. lol then run back down the court pointing at the scoreboard hahaha what a fool

7 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

LOL. I wish Gronk would leave the Patriots so he could be one of my favorites dude cracks me up. I read an article that said Gronk once missed a FT in high school basketball just so the score would stay 69.. lol then run back down the court pointing at the scoreboard hahaha what a fool

Everyone's got one friend like Gronk, right? But he's the gronkiest Gronk that's gronked. He's like Kelso on steroids.

8 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

haha what's the big deal with this greatest of all time crap? The decades fade so fast we can hardly tell.

People say Jordan was best of all time. I rarely got to see Jordan since he retired (from bulls) when I was 7. But, I still can't fathom anyone being better than prime Kobe Bryant. You just couldn't stop him! I often asked older people.. how in the world was Jordan better than this?!

I've never seen Montana and never believed people when they said he was the G.O.A.T Some of you have never seen Unitas..I'm sure peple still think He is the G.O.A.T who was before Unitas? Can't we just talk about best player now? lol. I've seen some RIDICULOUS stuff.. "Tom Brady best ATHLETE ever" WHAT?!?! Are you on drugs?!

Tom Brady has set the bar for QB's winning super bowls. Just like Peyton Manning set the bar for QB passing stats. That's it, now it's up to someone to break those marks.

Jordan was great because he reinvented the game(combining showmanship with competitiveness, something we see from predecessors like Bryant, James and many of the young players today), he was super clutch, and actually a pretty good defender although scoring wise he wasn't as prolific as Bryan.   The guy redefined the slam dunk with foot work and dribbling skills that looked like something from a video game.  I will say Kobe was pretty special too, but what put him a little higher was the fact that his play didn't stop on the offensive side of the court. 

As far as the NFL, it's all about championships and the QB.  In baseball, it's all about stats.  Basketball, stats combined with championships and positions don't matter so much, although point guard is usually the key position, granted players like Lebron James and Magic Johnson tend to disagree.   

Speaking of the QB position being overrated, JJ Watt pretty much broke every defensive record possible not long ago and still couldn't beat a QB in Aaron Rogers for MVP voting, having a season that was overshadowed multiple times in the last decade.  

1 hour ago, GoPats said:

SW, buddy...

Seriously though...

Hakuna matata and stuff. 

Gronk is impossible not to like. His cave man act for laughs grows on ya. I love how he constantly pokes fun at himself & embraces his inner child. There's bravery in that, which probably explains my affinity for comedians in general I guess. 

Giselle is too tall indeed. Plus, I don't care for Supermodels who are too skinny & their ribs can be seen in a swimsuit. Eat more would ya? 

So, how many zeros should I write on the check I mail you for complementing me? Are we talking 6 zeros or 7? I wish. haha Thanks though. 

Not a "Lion King" movie fan personally. However, I will leave you with Diamond Dave classic cover as a send off tune pal....

I still don't know why Chad72 felt the need to defend Jules from me. So be it. Turning the proverbial page now.

28 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Gronk is impossible not to like. His cave man act for laughs grows on ya. I love how he constantly pokes fun at himself & embraces his inner child. There's bravery in that, which probably explains my affinity for comedians in general I guess. 

Image may contain: 4 people

17 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Image may contain: 4 people

I take it the SB victory parade was in Boston today then? Gronk has made neanderthals fashionable & mainstream again. What a nut. LOL! He will certainly enjoy his SB tour again making the most of his team's yr. 

He's like a modern day Mongo from the Blazing Saddles Mel Brooks film isn't he? 

Gronk just pawn in game of life...Okay, I'll stop. 

Surely everyone will have their favorite player, or person/player that they think is better and/or is the GOAT at a given position.  There are some that think Montana is not ahead of x, y, or z player and so on.

In short, Brady has secured his 5th ring with a game tying TD drive that is on par with any other great late SB TD drive (not to mention a 2 pt conversion and with the OT TD basically did what Unitas did in the ’58 championship),  has a handful of close 2nd place finishes, has an above 0.500 playoff record (10-9) even when you take away his 5 rings, is 182-53 with BB (who is 19-18 with 4 other Patriots QBs, Bledsoe, Cassel, Jimmy G. Jacoby B.),  has 51 4th qtr comebacks, many signature wins, and division titles. 

If he stays healthy for the next two years will come very close to have equal Peyton’s stats for the same number of years played, so he will have 5 rings and stats near a person who most believe is one of the greatest QB stats producers.  Has 2 MVPs, and really played like a 3rd this year.  Is good enough at 40 to be Qbing a team that is already odds on to win the SB next year (I think he is the second oldest in the league second to AV).   When looking at Qbs post Merger, I think most would agree that Brady is a solid candidate for being the GOAT.

Yes BB is a great coach but all of the greats have had a great coach.

I have a longer version that I can add later which basically expands on the above points. . . .

Sunday's game was a great game, felt sorry for the Falcons, hope they can make it back to the SB soon . . . 

5 hours ago, Yehoodi said:

Surely everyone will have their favorite player, or person/player that they think is better and/or is the GOAT at a given position.  There are some that think Montana is not ahead of x, y, or z player and so on.

In short, Brady has secured his 5th ring with a game tying TD drive that is on par with any other great late SB TD drive (not to mention a 2 pt conversion and with the OT TD basically did what Unitas did in the ’58 championship),  has a handful of close 2nd place finishes, has an above 0.500 playoff record (10-9) even when you take away his 5 rings, is 182-53 with BB (who is 19-18 with 4 other Patriots QBs, Bledsoe, Cassel, Jimmy G. Jacoby B.),  has 51 4th qtr comebacks, many signature wins, and division titles. 

If he stays healthy for the next two years will come very close to have equal Peyton’s stats for the same number of years played, so he will have 5 rings and stats near a person who most believe is one of the greatest QB stats producers.  Has 2 MVPs, and really played like a 3rd this year.  Is good enough at 40 to be Qbing a team that is already odds on to win the SB next year (I think he is the second oldest in the league second to AV).   When looking at Qbs post Merger, I think most would agree that Brady is a solid candidate for being the GOAT.

Yes BB is a great coach but all of the greats have had a great coach.

I have a longer version that I can add later which basically expands on the above points. . . .

Sunday's game was a great game, felt sorry for the Falcons, hope they can make it back to the SB soon . . . 

agree with alot, disagree with the drive comparison to Unitas, as was 1st 2 minute ever to tie & to win could of got short FG from inside the 5 yet for the win but  went for the TD as wanted to win definitively BY Choice

Brady had to go for that TD in OT as if a FG then Falcons get chance

Falcons D were also mesmerized  and tired by then

as soon as Pats got OT flip of coin i knew it was over, 

Think mistakes made by Falcons allowed Brady to do what he did, Nevertheless u have to credit g him for doing it when he had to

I loved the direct snap to white ( I would say thats BB call not Brady's but dont know , but sure was practiced encase situation arrived given failed 2 pt Vs Denver in last years AFC champ game, thats where SB & Playoff experience come in ) White could of been MVP too , man did he have 1 great game 

Edlemans catch may have been the difference that allowed the tying drive but thats ok , as Pats had the 2 go against them by Giants

Cant say Manning had great coaches , had 4 different , none can compare to BB, only 1 who can is Lombardi

But i cant take anything way from Brady accomplishments save having BB  greatest coach and only coach does have some factor , to what extent I cant  say

Congrats to greatest SB comback

11 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Hey there Barry, 

Awesome to see you posting again brother! Yeah,

I know as a Dr. I'm sure your free time is limited so I owe to you to reply back when you offer your own insightful commentary. 

Honestly Barry, I figured that HC Dan Quinn knew how to handle NE given his time as the DC in Seattle under Pete Carroll. Yes, I know Seattle lost on that final drive Malcolm Butler interception. I just thought that experience would have taught Quinn take points whenever you can get them even field goals just to stop the bleeding man. 

I know; I know hindsight is always 20/20 & foresight is usually blind as a bat. LOL!  

Man its been awhile, guess u forgot, its not being a Surgeon with heavy sched, that stopped ages back, its the multiple progressive neurological issues and all the PT & docs i go to

I am doing ok but had more tests again this week as Neurologist didn't like something but am not worried at all

2 more docs this week , 1 this am, & then mond & Tuesday,next week  & just to damn tired after all the home PT on all areas concerned

But we both know u have issues too , we all do, & there is always someone worse off than me , so I am blessed

PS u also have to credit the Patriots D  with getting the Falcons offense off the vfield for Pats to go to work on offense , that is for holding the Falcons to only 7 points in 2nd half & none in the 4th at all , without that , there is no comeback

I think Brady has to thank Drew Henson at Mich, he was the #1 QB out of college &each played but Henson   dreamed of a baseball career and even during college did a stint with the Yankees farm team & took time off from football, that early competition Vs the supposed best and then winning the national championship help forge him 

Supermodel wife, 5 Superbowl rings, plays on the best NFL team evah, richer than you and me, and looks that, well, supermodels love.   I will not refute this:  Tom Brady certainly has one of the greatest lives evah.......except maybe Gronk.  Oh, and I doubt he and his 5 rings really give a squirt about what anybody here thinks.

4 hours ago, bayone said:

Man its been awhile, guess u forgot, its not being a Surgeon with heavy sched, that stopped ages back, its the multiple progressive neurological issues and all the PT & docs i go to

I am doing ok but had more tests again this week as Neurologist didn't like something but am not worried at all

2 more docs this week , 1 this am, & then mond & Tuesday,next week  & just to damn tired after all the home PT on all areas concerned

But we both know u have issues too , we all do, & there is always someone worse off than me , so I am blessed

Good to see you Barry, it has been a while!!! Glad to have you back. :)

1 hour ago, shakedownstreet said:

NFL peers unanimously agree that Super Bowl LI win would be great way for Tom Brady to end career

I still believe the 4 game suspension kept him more fresh at the end. Plus, they rode Blount a lot more in the regular season than the postseason when they rode Brady more. I think it was all a part of minimizing him having to throw too much during the home stretch of his career.  Plus, they had enough good pieces on their D to stay ahead in pretty much every game.

However, Brady has said he is having too much fun doing it and feels he can still do it at a high level, so I do not see any retirement around the horizon for him.

12 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

You know I really hate the Pats but it's really hard not to like Gronk. We have a 10 yr old daughter and she loves the show Crashletes on Nickelodeon that he's one of the hosts. It's hilarious and so is he on it.

13 hours ago, GoPats said:

Aw man, you got me. Busted. My 13-year scheme to troll Colts fans has been exposed. 

Not wanting to make this personal, but if you have been trolling for 13 yrs and I assume you also do this on Pats web site(s), how do you get anything that really matters done? 

8 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

You know I really hate the Pats but it's really hard not to like Gronk. We have a 10 yr old daughter and she loves the show Crashletes on Nickelodeon that he's one of the hosts. It's hilarious and so is he on it.

The next Terry Bradshaw

agree with alot, disagree with the drive comparison to Unitas, as was 1st 2 minute ever to tie & to win could of got short FG from inside the 5 yet for the win but  went for the TD as wanted to win definitively BY Choice

Brady had to go for that TD in OT as if a FG then Falcons get chance

Falcons D were also mesmerized  and tired by then

as soon as Pats got OT flip of coin i knew it was over, 

Think mistakes made by Falcons allowed Brady to do what he did, Nevertheless u have to credit g him for doing it when he had to

I loved the direct snap to white ( I would say thats BB call not Brady's but dont know , but sure was practiced encase situation arrived given failed 2 pt Vs Denver in last years AFC champ game, thats where SB & Playoff experience come in ) White could of been MVP too , man did he have 1 great game 

Edlemans catch may have been the difference that allowed the tying drive but thats ok , as Pats had the 2 go against them by Giants

Cant say Manning had great coaches , had 4 different , none can compare to BB, only 1 who can is Lombardi

But i cant take anything way from Brady accomplishments save having BB  greatest coach and only coach does have some factor , to what extent I cant  say

Congrats to greatest SB comback

Hey Barry, great to see you, hope all is well . . . :)

I just brought up the '58 Championship as it went into OT and had two scoring drives by a QB.  Yes, it was first 2 min drive at a key moment in big game.  Unitas only was able to drive for a game tying FG, although I do not hold that against him as he only had 2 mins to drive the field.  And he did drive the field when he had time in OT to get a TD.   And agreed he only needed a FG to win but they decided to go for the TD. 

I just point that out as SB 51 was really the first opportunity for Brady to have a seminal TD drive moment some QBs have regarding last minutes TD drives to win a game, like Montana, Elway, Mannings, etc.  Up until last night Brady had either too much time (thus leaving enough time for opponent to counter the score) or too little time to even have a real chance to score or only enough time to get in FG range.  And there was kind of a knock on Brady for "not having that TD drive to end a game" or "he has only gotten FG at end of games."  Well that has just as much to do with the player as it does the time on the clock when you get the ball.  You still need to execute, but circumstances outside of your control will dictate if your drive is the last one of the game. (i have a paragraph with more i will cut and paste at the end)

As for the 2 pt. direct snap conversion, that is in the Pats playbook and Kevin Faulk has done that, and actually one time was against Carolina in SB 38.   Not sure if BB or Josh M. called it.

As for mistakes.  Yes more often than not, a great comeback requires the other side to stop performing, or requires your teammates, defense or STs, to step up and help.   It is kind of a forgotten aspects of things. Also, one really needs to have bounces go their way too, and most of the 50/50 things have to go your way. The QB still needs to perform but there are a lot of hidden things that have to go your way too as did in SB 51.

As for Manning's coaches, I would put at least Dungy as a great coach.  Also, sometime narratives are based on a bounce or just one win that may not be just. Just look at Dungy and BB, what happens if the colts beat the Pats in either 03 or 04 playoffs (or if the 03 game is played in indy, if Indy punches the ball in at the end of the regular season game), then by 06 both BB and Dungy have equal number of SB wins at 2, maybe the resumes look different.  Caldwell has done well in Detroit and Fox did get Carolina to a SB.   But do agree that coaching is a help.  BB is a great coach and more often than not will make the right call but on occasion has made some calls in playoffs that have hurt us. 

Here is a portion of a long draft i made for this thread but decided not to post it as it was long.  It goes to my point about last minute drives, it is somewhat duplicate of above. 

At the end of SB 51 Brady drove the field for the longest TD drive of the season for the Pats (91 yards) to tie the game (not to mention a 2 pt. conversion) he also engineered an OT TD to win the game.  He also, for really the first time in his career, had just enough time to score a TD but not too much time for the other team to answer or that he had too little time for him get a TD.  He has score TD’s late in the 4th (See SB 42 & 49 TD Drives) but the opponent had time to answer, and has scored when there is only enough time for a FG (See SB 36 & 38, Snow Bowl).  Also, he has also gotten the ball when there is too little time to really make an effective score (See ends of SB 42 & 46, and ’06 AFCCG).  In the end nearly all of the game ending TD drives we have seen by the likes of Montana, the Mannings, Big Ben, Elway, etc., all were a situation where the QB had enough time to drive the field but not too much time for the opponent to score and make their drive moot.  Likewise in SB 51 the Falcons, with no TOs, could have made a drive but really did not have enough time to make moot Brady’s last drive. 

PS u also have to credit the Patriots D  with getting the Falcons offense off the vfield for Pats to go to work on offense , that is for holding the Falcons to only 7 points in 2nd half & none in the 4th at all , without that , there is no comeback

I think Brady has to thank Drew Henson at Mich, he was the #1 QB out of college &each played but Henson   dreamed of a baseball career and even during college did a stint with the Yankees farm team & took time off from football, that early competition Vs the supposed best and then winning the national championship help forge him 

Yes, there are a lot of hidden things in comeback that are not related to the QB that engineered the drives.  And yes Brady is fortunate, given his high school and college resumes, to get an opportunity to make it to the NFL.  Once he got his chance he made the best of it.

As a side note, i still wonder what Doug Flutie could of done if the NFL has given him a chance. 

Does Brady not sign autographs much?  Seems pretty steep according to this article?  $1000 to sign an autograph?  I know other athletes don't charge.  My buddy met Michael Jordan 10 years ago and was told to only bring 10 items to sign.  MJ signed all 10 and asked if there was anything else he wanted him to sign.  He would have signed 100 things for free.  I can see charging and giving the money to charity but man $1000 seems insane!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/tom-brady-is-signing-autographs-for-1000-so-crack-open-that-college-fund-172629716.html

9 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Does Brady not sign autographs much?  Seems pretty steep according to this article?  $1000 to sign an autograph?  I know other athletes don't charge.  My buddy met Michael Jordan 10 years ago and was told to only bring 10 items to sign.  MJ signed all 10 and asked if there was anything else he wanted him to sign.  He would have signed 100 things for free.  I can see charging and giving the money to charity but man $1000 seems insane!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/tom-brady-is-signing-autographs-for-1000-so-crack-open-that-college-fund-172629716.html

Wonder what psi he likes the footballs for proper ink adhesion........:peek:

If this is true, I really hope the money goes to charity, if it doesn't, what a joke.

7 hours ago, Yehoodi said:

Hey Barry, great to see you, hope all is well . . . :)

I just brought up the '58 Championship as it went into OT and had two scoring drives by a QB.  Yes, it was first 2 min drive at a key moment in big game.  Unitas only was able to drive for a game tying FG, although I do not hold that against him as he only had 2 mins to drive the field.  And he did drive the field when he had time in OT to get a TD.   And agreed he only needed a FG to win but they decided to go for the TD. 

I just point that out as SB 51 was really the first opportunity for Brady to have a seminal TD drive moment some QBs have regarding last minutes TD drives to win a game, like Montana, Elway, Mannings, etc.  Up until last night Brady had either too much time (thus leaving enough time for opponent to counter the score) or too little time to even have a real chance to score or only enough time to get in FG range.  And there was kind of a knock on Brady for "not having that TD drive to end a game" or "he has only gotten FG at end of games."  Well that has just as much to do with the player as it does the time on the clock when you get the ball.  You still need to execute, but circumstances outside of your control will dictate if your drive is the last one of the game. (i have a paragraph with more i will cut and paste at the end)

As for the 2 pt. direct snap conversion, that is in the Pats playbook and Kevin Faulk has done that, and actually one time was against Carolina in SB 38.   Not sure if BB or Josh M. called it.

As for mistakes.  Yes more often than not, a great comeback requires the other side to stop performing, or requires your teammates, defense or STs, to step up and help.   It is kind of a forgotten aspects of things. Also, one really needs to have bounces go their way too, and most of the 50/50 things have to go your way. The QB still needs to perform but there are a lot of hidden things that have to go your way too as did in SB 51.

As for Manning's coaches, I would put at least Dungy as a great coach.  Also, sometime narratives are based on a bounce or just one win that may not be just. Just look at Dungy and BB, what happens if the colts beat the Pats in either 03 or 04 playoffs (or if the 03 game is played in indy, if Indy punches the ball in at the end of the regular season game), then by 06 both BB and Dungy have equal number of SB wins at 2, maybe the resumes look different.  Caldwell has done well in Detroit and Fox did get Carolina to a SB.   But do agree that coaching is a help.  BB is a great coach and more often than not will make the right call but on occasion has made some calls in playoffs that have hurt us. 

Here is a portion of a long draft i made for this thread but decided not to post it as it was long.  It goes to my point about last minute drives, it is somewhat duplicate of above. 

At the end of SB 51 Brady drove the field for the longest TD drive of the season for the Pats (91 yards) to tie the game (not to mention a 2 pt. conversion) he also engineered an OT TD to win the game.  He also, for really the first time in his career, had just enough time to score a TD but not too much time for the other team to answer or that he had too little time for him get a TD.  He has score TD’s late in the 4th (See SB 42 & 49 TD Drives) but the opponent had time to answer, and has scored when there is only enough time for a FG (See SB 36 & 38, Snow Bowl).  Also, he has also gotten the ball when there is too little time to really make an effective score (See ends of SB 42 & 46, and ’06 AFCCG).  In the end nearly all of the game ending TD drives we have seen by the likes of Montana, the Mannings, Big Ben, Elway, etc., all were a situation where the QB had enough time to drive the field but not too much time for the opponent to score and make their drive moot.  Likewise in SB 51 the Falcons, with no TOs, could have made a drive but really did not have enough time to make moot Brady’s last drive. 

Grew up with  Colts and my brooklyn dodgers

Unitas & koufax my favorite players of all time , Peyton quite close

my 2 hampsters names were unifax for the above  Unitas & koufax   and Drybery for Don Drysdale and Ray Berry

TB Still had 57 seconds left I think , Falcons couldn't execute but u cant take anything away from Brady what was it 4 straight scores , 2 conversions ,. great run of the offense , loved Mitchel falling and getting up and making the catch on 1 play earlier in game. Never the less I get what u r trying to say , yet i always felt Brady had the 2 minute seminal drive moment , are u telling me i was wrong ( LOL )

Dungy was very good , i dont know about great to much bend dont break , seemed like just stop the long ball & let them run all day on us and let them  keep Peyton off the field, hell score when he has to

like Vs miami when had ball for less than 15 minutes & won , that was in year lost to Saints in Superbowl

In 1 of the 1st or 2nd afc champ games , on  4th down when James couldn't run it in for win with nill time Peyton Later said BB had always looks for the run ( of course he meant back then ), I should of thrown it he remarked in later years think it was

Posting only as superbowl brings me out and I respond to those that quote me, somehow i consider it polite as long as they arent trolling

7 hours ago, Yehoodi said:

Yes, there are a lot of hidden things in comeback that are not related to the QB that engineered the drives.  And yes Brady is fortunate, given his high school and college resumes, to get an opportunity to make it to the NFL.  Once he got his chance he made the best of it.

As a side note, i still wonder what Doug Flutie could of done if the NFL has given him a chance. 

Would of loved to see flutie  more , he had some magic 

3 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

My guess is that his happens every SB.  Also, sport memorabilia is big business.  Also, it lets folks buy a signed item without having to travel.  Here is a link to last years SB 50 for Peyton Manning.

http://www.sportsmemorabilia.com/player/Peyton_Manning/autographed-footballs/

I did a quick ebay check and there are Brady & Manning stuff going for these prices.  My guess is the same is for other marquee NFL players, over the past years.   

27 minutes ago, bayone said:

Grew up with  Colts and my brooklyn dodgers

Unitas & koufax my favorite players of all time , Peyton quite close

my 2 hampsters names were unifax for the above  Unitas & koufax   and Drybery for Don Drysdale and Ray Berry

TB Still had 57 seconds left I think , Falcons couldn't execute but u cant take anything away from Brady what was it 4 straight scores , 2 conversions ,. great run of the offense , loved Mitchel falling and getting up and making the catch on 1 play earlier in game. Never the less I get what u r trying to say , yet i always felt Brady had the 2 minute seminal drive moment , are u telling me i was wrong ( LOL )

Dungy was very good , i dont know about great to much bend dont break , seemed like just stop the long ball & let them run all day on us and let them  keep Peyton off the field, hell score when he has to

like Vs miami when had ball for less than 15 minutes & won , that was in year lost to Saints in Superbowl

In 1 of the 1st or 2nd afc champ games , on  4th down when James couldn't run it in for win with nill time Peyton Later said BB had always looks for the run ( of course he meant back then ), I should of thrown it he remarked in later years think it was

Posting only as superbowl brings me out and I respond to those that quote me, somehow i consider it polite as long as they arent trolling

Would of loved to see flutie  more , he had some magic 

Wow Ebbets Field and Memorial Stadium, there you go.  :).   Where you ever able to make it to either one of the stadiums?

Yah, too bad for Atlanta did not have more TOs or more time, as with 3 TOs one might be able to drive the field some with 57 seconds, although there were around their own 14 or so to start the drive. 

Yes that game in '03 the colts had the ball at the 1 or 2 for first and goal, if they punch that in, they are hosting the 03 AFCCG.   Plays here and there can change things.  

9 hours ago, Yehoodi said:

Wow Ebbets Field and Memorial Stadium, there you go.  :).   Where you ever able to make it to either one of the stadiums?

Yah, too bad for Atlanta did not have more TOs or more time, as with 3 TOs one might be able to drive the field some with 57 seconds, although there were around their own 14 or so to start the drive. 

Yes that game in '03 the colts had the ball at the 1 or 2 for first and goal, if they punch that in, they are hosting the 03 AFCCG.   Plays here and there can change things.  

living  near Detroit in 1 game this year Strafford drove in 37 seconds and no TO's to FG range and won

Atlanta wasted 1 TO on challenge of think it was Edlleman catch when replay was clear , could not understand the challenge save desperate hope and lack of faith in team

will never forget Broncos Manning taking knee to tie with 30 odd seconds left  at home Vs Balt and with to's left forgot # , thats on  John Fox, & in freezing weather , in the teens why leave him out there for OT when nerve effected by cold 

that was game they gave up that long TD to tie just before that knee after the kickoff 

Been to Ebbets, have 1 of less than 10 unused , slabbed graded , tickets of last home game at ebbets, Dodgers won ( maybe more than 10 now , was only 8 at time won at auction, didnt really cost that much but i'd of paid more, I wanted that- memories etc

9 hours ago, Flying Elvis said:

All he did was win. The Pats went 1-15 the season after they let him go. Coach Berry didn't like him. Too short. Wouldn't stay in the pocket. lol

too short was death back then, now would be more forgiving

man if u can play u can play, Elway loves them tall Brock over 6=6' i think Lynch 6'7'"

think he thinks they wont get battered down but its the mechanics too, if they dont throw at high point but more sidearm etc height dont matter at all as far a battered balls

His free agency is good draft not as good save for later rounds 

15 hours ago, Yehoodi said:

My guess is that his happens every SB.  Also, sport memorabilia is big business.  Also, it lets folks buy a signed item without having to travel.  Here is a link to last years SB 50 for Peyton Manning.

http://www.sportsmemorabilia.com/player/Peyton_Manning/autographed-footballs/

I did a quick ebay check and there are Brady & Manning stuff going for these prices.  My guess is the same is for other marquee NFL players, over the past years.   

Thanks for clarifying.  Maybe I am confused?  I understand someone selling Autographed Memorabilia of Brady or Manning but I was under the assumption that Brady was charging $1000 per for an autograph session?  Does he usually come out and sign before games?  I know Peyton signs quite often, he was actually signing before the Colts Titans game this year on the sidelines, he as well as other Colts from the superbowl team were getting honored at half time.  I mean I go to the Nationals every year and most of those Athletes charge a ridiculous amount$40-$300 per) but $1,000 is insane!  I thought it was strictly for anything he signs at a private setting.  I must have read it wrong.  I understand players don't want to sign things for fans to turn around and sell but I can't imagine many people in the Boston area would do that.  My buddy had MJ sign something for me when he met him and as a huge MJ fan, I'll never let it go!    I also mailed a letter and card for Dirk Nowitzki and Mike Bibby to sign back in the day and they mailed me back within a month and signed the card for nothing.  I thought that was very cool.