Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How can you deny Tom Brady as the Greatest QB of all time?

chad72

3 hours ago, Gramz said:

Yeah me too.  I give up.   I'm with @Nadine.   Let's give him the damn Crown, call it done if it means we never have to talk about it again.    

Wanted to say me too.. Brady is the best thing ever since sliced bread.... he can part the sea...   lol was looking for a "I surrender flag" and found it :giveup:

Then I saw this:

:flyingelvis:  OMG why is this emoticon or whatever it is part of the Colts collection LOL......

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Jules said:

I am not exactly sure what you are trying to get at lately here so I will drop it soon but you said:

You accused me of more or less being excessively unfair or over emphasizing victories in sports of teams I support or rooted for in the sports genre--Broncos led by QB Peyton Manning or being devastated when UW-Madison's Mens Basketball team lost to Coach K. You created the misguided impression that I rub things in & that is not my MO & you know this Jules. Come on. Seriously. 

"We all have fantasies we love in entertainment but that is part of being a human being." --Jules. 

So, just because I don't gloat on steroids, I'm not "a human being" in your eyes? 

Read it over and realize how bad this sounds. It can be applied to any fanbase for anything really. A lot of fans are struggling financially and a lot of fans have lousy lives maybe. Thats why we get so many personal highs off of seeing these big games too, we love to see distractions and have fun on the side.

I will fully admit that if the Colts pulled off the SB comeback that the Pats did the other night I would be calling Andrew "King Luck" probably and acting like every other game previously pales in comparison.

My post doesn't sound 'bad' at all Jules. And no, my interpretation of some overzealous NE fans cannot be applied to ever other NFL franchise at all. When the Browns got busted for Text Gate did they claim their franchise was being unlawfully targeted by the Commissioner? No. When Mr. Blank got busted for Noise Gate, did he say screw Roger I'm talking this matter all the way to the Supreme Court if necessary? Nope. Blank took his lumps & it went away & the scandal didn't hover over the organization like a dark cloud. Did any staff member in Atlanta say something like "I don't think" we pumped in sound to disrupt our opponents on game day. Prove we're lying Roger. I dare ya. You're just jealous because Matt Ryan is an elite QB." Ah no, once again. 

Let me ask you a question. What other organization argues over getting busted so much? It's like getting pulled over by a State Trooper on the freeway & fighting over a ticket as the lawman shows you how fast you were going on the speed gun Jules.

"This is entrapment Mr. Trooper! You're just jealous of my sweet ride & all the action I get because of it."

There's a reason people did a double take when Kyle Shanahan misplaced his Falcons playbook Jules & there's also a reason why Peyton Manning talked about game adjustments with his HC & OC out in the hall in Foxboro. 

Surprised this is still going on. At this point you have to ask yourself, what would I rather have, playoff wins and SB titles, or regular season stats and wins (manning and marino). The only way you can argue against Brady is if you think Manning's regular season stats and MVP awards trump Brady's playoff record and SB wins. Don't be a homer here, do you really think that? You can argue, what if Manning had BB? It's really irrelevent because he'd never coach the Colts. Unless you can go to an alternate universe and come back and tell me how Manning did with belichick as his coach, then it's just talking and pointless debate. Brady was in a great situation, no one will admit otherwise, but he took advantage of it. He has the stats that are comparable with Manning and Marino per game. He is clutch in the playoffs only 2nd to Montana. He takes the good from everybody and the bad from nobody. In the end, he may have all the records, especially if he plays 3 more years.

13 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

You accused me of more or less being excessively unfair or over emphasizing victories in sports of teams I support or rooted for in the sports genre--Broncos led by QB Peyton Manning or being devastated when UW-Madison's Mens Basketball team lost to Coach K. You created the misguided impression that I rub things in & that is not my MO & you know this Jules. Come on. Seriously. 

"We all have fantasies we love in entertainment but that is part of being a human being." --Jules. 

So, just because I don't gloat on steroids, I'm not "a human being" in your eyes? 

My post doesn't sound 'bad' at all Jules. And no, my interpretation of some overzealous NE fans cannot be applied to ever other NFL franchise at all. When the Browns got busted for Text Gate did they claim their franchise was being unlawfully targeted by the Commissioner? No. When Mr. Blank got busted for Noise Gate, did he say screw Roger I'm talking this matter all the way to the Supreme Court if necessary? Nope. Blank took his lumps & it went away & the scandal didn't hover over the organization like a dark cloud. Did any staff member in Atlanta say something like "I don't think" we pumped in sound to disrupt our opponents on game day. Prove we're lying Roger. I dare ya. You're just jealous because Matt Ryan is an elite QB." Ah no, once again. 

Let me ask you a question. What other organization argues over getting busted so much? It's like getting pulled over by a State Trooper on the freeway & fighting over a ticket as the lawman shows you how fast you were going on the speed gun Jules.

"This is entrapment Mr. Trooper! You're just jealous of my sweet ride & all the action I get because of it."

There's a reason people did a double take when Kyle Shanahan misplaced his Falcons playbook Jules & there's also a reason why Peyton Manning talked about game adjustments with his HC & OC out in the hall in Foxboro. 

I am not following any of this at all, I truly am not so we have to just agree to disagree. I am completely lost.

What I initially took offense too was you implying that Pats fans were lacking in their personal lives or something since to me that is going a tad over board with these discussions and is a cheap shot.

45 minutes ago, Jules said:

I am not following any of this at all, I truly am not so we have to just agree to disagree. I am completely lost.

What I initially took offense too was you implying that Pats fans were lacking in their personal lives or something since to me that is going a tad over board with these discussions and is a cheap shot.

It seems perfectly straight forward to me with zero ambiguity at all. Notice I didn't chastise all NE fans. I even listed Pats fans I respected & did not hold anything negative against personally regarding their team & their QB.

However, there's a difference between loyalty & blind allegiance which ejects logic & throws reason out the window [regarding 'The Deflator', asking an equipment manager once & only once how are you holding up?, a bathroom with no urinal in it with games balls in a person's lone possession, & "I don't think so" when your professional integrity is being called into question.] 

It wasn't in poor taste at all. Blind allegiance to someone you have no relationship to personally [devoted fans crazy enough to believe Tom is incapable of making a mistake or believe that he is infallible simply because he helped Massachusetts win 5 SB rings] is a very dangerous thing. Brady is no deity or man with supernatural powers. I even said if Luck was accused of the same thing as Brady I expected him to do the right thing & own his role if the shoe was on the other foot at the time. 

What I find funny is how you believe this was a cheap shot & yet IWF, a NE fan himself, has used memes in another thread making fun of the depths some Pats fans will go to rationalize cutting corners. A lot of truth is revealed in humor BTW. A lot of Foxboro fans live & die by Brady's success on the field & in extreme cases, the ends justify the means as a TV viewer since their lives may not be that liberating or fulfilling on a routine basis. 

Fine, I will let it go because we are friends. I did nothing wrong & I stand by everything I said.  

To Brady's credit, he capitalized on more late opportunities then Ryan did. When Amendola got in the end zone, I made George Carlin's 7 dirty words comedy routine seem like child's play. I was not happy at all. LOL! 

However, having said all that, it was nice to see RB White, a UW-Madison Alumni slam the door shut hard. In addition, it was cool to see Chris, Howie Long's son, win his first SB. The Long Family is NFL royalty to me & I like Chris, a good dude. 

Way to go Bill. You shutdown the Falcons running game in OT. Okay yeah, they were exhausted but still. 

1 minute ago, southwest1 said:

To Brady's credit, he capitalized on more late opportunities then Ryan did. When Amendola got in the end zone, I made George Carlin's 7 dirty words comedy routine seem like child's play. I was not happy at all. LOL! 

However, having said all that, it was nice to see RB White, a UW-Madison Alumni slam the door shut hard. In addition, it was cool to see Chris, Howie Long's son, win his first SB. The Long Family is NFL royalty to me & I like Chris, a good dude. 

Way to go Bill. You shutdown the Falcons running game in OT. Okay yeah, they were exhausted but still. 

Hey SW! I stayed off the forum as I had a $250 bet on the Pats and didn't want to root for them on the game thread lol. Would of been in bad taste. Part of me was still hoping they'd lose and I could pay off the devil with $250 to make them lose, but he values Belichicks soul more, so I ended up winning when I didn't want too lol. At least I still have my soul, but now we have to hear about this all year.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Hey SW! I stayed off the forum as I had a $250 bet on the Pats and didn't want to root for them on the game thread lol. Would of been in bad taste. Part of me was still hoping they'd lose and I could pay off the devil with $250 to make them lose, but he values Belichicks soul more, so I ended up winning when I didn't want too lol. At least I still have my soul, but now we have to hear about this all year.

It's cool Jared. Nobody's gonna hold that bet against you man. The reason I snapped myself is that a little voice in my head said careful Emperor Palpatine [BB--Just kidding] will find a way to achieve the impossible just watch.    Son of a...How does this team keep coming back? haha

"At least I still have my soul, but now we have to hear about this all year." Bah! Ha! Ha! Fantastic line there Jared. Yeah, now ESPN, NFL Network, & Skip Bayless will get on the psycho Tom bang wagon like Clam Chowder native love fest. oy vey! Nails down a chalk board here we come...

1 minute ago, southwest1 said:

It's cool Jared. Nobody's gonna hold that bet against you man. The reason I snapped myself is that a little voice in my head said careful Emperor Palpatine [BB--Just kidding] will find a way to achieve the impossible just watch.    Son of a...How does this team keep coming back? haha

"At least I still have my soul, but now we have to hear about this all year." Bah! Ha! Ha! Fantastic line there Jared. Yeah, now ESPN, NFL Network, & Skip Bayless will get on the psycho Tom bang wagon like Clam Chowder native love fest. oy vey! Nails down a chalk board here we come...

The only positive was that they won by 6 instead of scoring a fg and winning by 3. I had NE -3, so it would of been awful if NE won the SB and I didn't even get paid for it. NFL Network is still ok with me, I just can't stand ESPN or Skip Bayless. The only time I watch ESPN anymore is when Monday Night Football is on, or if a Baseball game is on that I have fantasy interests in. Pretty much unwatchable now. 

Yeah, if I went WOOOOOOOOOOOO Patriots!!!! I won $250, YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!, in the chat room, all the moderators would of banned me at once, and I'd get some hate mail lol.

34 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The only positive was that they won by 6 instead of scoring a fg and winning by 3. I had NE -3, so it would of been awful if NE won the SB and I didn't even get paid for it. NFL Network is still ok with me, I just can't stand ESPN or Skip Bayless. The only time I watch ESPN anymore is when Monday Night Football is on, or if a Baseball game is on that I have fantasy interests in. Pretty much unwatchable now. 

Yeah, if I went WOOOOOOOOOOOO Patriots!!!! I won $250, YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!, in the chat room, all the moderators would of banned me at once, and I'd get some hate mail lol.

Cute. Hey, at least you have extra cash in your pocket now. Can I borrow $20 bucks from you & not pay you back? Just messing with ya. People always ask for money right after they hear your ship came in buddy. 

Yeah, Skip Bayless is so annoying sometimes, especially when he goes out of his way to slam Luck & prop up his precious Cowboys. Oh brother. I basically watch Undisputed on FS1 for HOF analysis from TE Shannon Sharpe. Plus, I like sayings he heard a lot growing up from his grandmother. Very entertaining I must say. 

Yes, ESPN is basically MNF & that's it for that dumpster fire network. Okay, I will confess I do watch First Take most for Max Kellerman, Molly [easy on the eyes], & Stephen A. Smith whenever he crucifies the Cowboys playoff lapses. I live for that! I do like Dak Prescott & I know under him the club will excel once Jerry Jones dies. 

5 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Cute. Hey, at least you have extra cash in your pocket now. Can I borrow $20 bucks from you & not pay you back? Just messing with ya. People always ask for money right after they hear your ship came in buddy. 

Yeah, Skip Bayless is so annoying sometimes, especially when he goes out of his way to slam Luck & prop up his precious Cowboys. Oh brother. I basically watch Undisputed on FS1 for HOF analysis from TE Shannon Sharpe. Plus, I like sayings he heard a lot growing up from his grandmother. Very entertaining I must say. 

Yes, ESPN is basically MNF & that's it for that dumpster fire network. Okay, I will confess I do watch First Take most for Max Kellerman, Molly [easy on the eyes], & Stephen A. Smith whenever he crucifies the Cowboys playoff lapses. I live for that! I do like Dak Prescott & I know under him the club will excel once Jerry Jones dies. 

Cowboys had a good draft. Zeke and Prescott are huge picks for them. Knew Zeke was a great talent, he just has some character issues. Going to really pay attention to the draft this year. Going to watch some tape on Dalvin Cook, my gut says we get him right now.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Cowboys had a good draft. Zeke and Prescott are huge picks for them. Knew Zeke was a great talent, he just has some character issues. Going to really pay attention to the draft this year. Going to watch some tape on Dalvin Cook, my gut says we get him right now.

As much as it pains me to admit this out loud, Stephen Jones has been making excellent decisions the last few yrs. Zeke definitely knows when to cut & punch through the hole. He's only gonna get better & the 2nd yr is when premier backs skyrocket the most development wise. Jerry needs to cut Romo & get Rod Marinelli 2 veteran pass rushers like yesterday. 

You know your draft analysis too Jared. I suck at that stuff, but I know who to listen to. You, krunk, Dustin, NCF, JS, Supes  Lollygagger, BrentMC11,etc. etc. 

2 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

As much as it pains me to admit this out loud, Stephen Jones has been making excellent decisions the last few yrs. Zeke definitely knows when to cut & punch through the hole. He's only gonna get better & the 2nd yr is when premier backs skyrocket the most development wise. Jerry needs to cut Romo & get Rod Marinelli 2 veteran pass rushers like yesterday. 

You know your draft analysis too Jared. I suck at that stuff, but I know who to listen to. You, krunk, Dustin, NCF, JS, Supes  Lollygagger, BrentMC11,etc. etc. 

I appreciate it. I can get the 1st round pick right every year, it's just hard after that lol. Combine my picks in the 1st with Grigson's in the other rounds and we'd have a great team! I'm hoping we can win the coin flip with Philly, I have a feeling they may take Cook if they pick in front of us. Cowboys are getting close. They definitely need to start Dak permanently, and draft a WR as well as fill out the defense. The NFC is the overall tougher conference IMO. Pats are the best team, but 6 of the top 10 teams are probably in the NFC, so Cowboys will always have a tough time making it to the SB every year.

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I appreciate it. I can get the 1st round pick right every year, it's just hard after that lol. Combine my picks in the 1st with Grigson's in the other rounds and we'd have a great team! I'm hoping we can win the coin flip with Philly, I have a feeling they may take Cook if they pick in front of us. Cowboys are getting close. They definitely need to start Dak permanently, and draft a WR as well as fill out the defense. The NFC is the overall tougher conference IMO. Pats are the best team, but 6 of the top 10 teams are probably in the NFC, so Cowboys will always have a tough time making it to the SB every year.

Uh huh. Bill doesn't get enough props for his ability to restock NE's roster every yr. He really doesn't. 

"I can get the 1st round pick right every year, it's just hard after that lol" I like your candor there Jared. Man, I hope our new GM knows what the hades he's doing on defense. Get more possessions so if Luck throws an early pick...No need to panic. I'm not demanding genius here just basic competency in new draft selections that's all. 

At this point, before Grigson was let go, I was ready to let any INDY regular on the Forum to play be GM for the draft man. That's what we have now--Experience & hope...

2 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Uh huh. Bill doesn't get enough props for his ability to restock NE's roster every yr. He really doesn't. 

"I can get the 1st round pick right every year, it's just hard after that lol" I like your candor there Jared. Man, I hope our new GM knows what the hades he's doing on defense. Get more possessions so if Luck throws an early pick...No need to panic. I'm not demanding genius here just basic competency in new draft selections that's all. 

At this point, before Grigson was let go, I was ready to let any INDY regular on the Forum to play be GM for the draft man. That's what we have now--Experience & hope...

Yeah, I wasn't sure if I was going to watch this season if Grigson or Pagano didn't get canned. Glad we have some new blood with a fresh perspective. KC has a 3-4 defense, so we won't have to change too much. We get a guy who knows how to draft defense, who isn't afraid to take risks (Marcus Peters and Tyreek Hill), and now has Andrew Luck instead of Alex Smith. He also may attract some free agents here like Poe or Berry if one of them isn't re-signed. Definitely some hope. Lets hope in return he knows what he's doing. Seems like the everyman GM instead of the snooty GM like Grigson.

4 hours ago, jjcolts said:

Agree Southwest1 - Matt played an "almost" perfect game.  That sack he took was a killer..... but had his coaches had a better game plan... things could have been different. Oh well. Freeman missed a few blocking assignment as well. 

Matt Ryan did represent his team well and was gracious in his defeat, no matter how crushing.  Argh... 

Thanks JJC. I knew why the Falcons didn't just kick a game winning FG deciding not to run the ball late. Coleman getting hurt changed everything & NE screws with your brain because your coaching staff goes Brady is just too good. We need all the points we can get & FGs aren't enough normally to take them down. 

The worst part of losing like that is that nothing can comfort you or ease your pain...Not a trusty dog, not encouragement from a parent, not your woman, not your teammates, absolutely nothing. And all you hear is how could you blow such a wide lead going into the final quarter in regulation? Hang in there Matthew. Pain channelled right can make you determined to rectify glory that slipped thru your fingers. There will be no SB hangover under Quinn's stewardship in my estimation. 

22 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

now has Andrew Luck instead of Alex Smith.

Excellent point Jared. If he can make dink & dunk boy look good, & now Chris Ballard has Chewbacca at the helm, holy #&$%! 

The funny thing about Grigson & all the stories that came out after he was dismissed by Jim Irsay; the news of Ryan's abrasiveness around the building didn't surprise me at all. Even in press conferences, he acted like he was an elite GM. Wait, what? In Grigson's dreams maybe. 

10 hours ago, southwest1 said:

My post doesn't sound 'bad' at all Jules.

Sorry Southwest1, I normally do not butt in during conversations between two posters. However, I do think you had a lapse of judgement in your interpretation of the reasons for their vicarious lives. It was poorly worded and instead of leaving it alone, you seem to be doubling down by not acknowledging it or leaving it alone. Hence I felt I had to say something.

Again, for everyone's benefit, so that they don't have to wonder what Jules and I were referring to, here is exactly what you said in italics below:

I just get the sense that some fans live vicariously through Brady because their ordinary lives pale in comparison so guys overcompensate since their ability to satisfy their woman isn't that great & they live a paycheck to paycheck lifestyle for the most part. Brady is their happy place because their mundane existence sucks. 

It clearly takes a judgemental and/or caustic stance on those fans' lives that was uncalled for. It would have been different if you had just said it is tantamount to idol worship or hero worship, the blind deity like following of Brady but you went a step too far, IMO. Jules was absolutely correct in calling you out for this specific paragraph. I have mad respect for your eloquent style and communication but this was not one of your shining moments.

Other posters doing similar stuff, you are better than that in our eyes to use that as justification, and no, two wrongs don't make a right. You can go on and on and on in defiance or agree to disagree and move on, it is your choice.

11 hours ago, jjcolts said:

Agree Southwest1 - Matt played an "almost" perfect game.  That sack he took was a killer..... but had his coaches had a better game plan... things could have been different. Oh well. Freeman missed a few blocking assignment as well. 

Matt Ryan did represent his team well and was gracious in his defeat, no matter how crushing.  Argh... 

I love Matty Ice! I also think Freeman would say that strip sack was on him that allowed the Pats to score again so quickly. (He looked confused on what he was tondo on that play.) 

i dont think the Atlanta Players should be ashamed at all. Their D played stellar but was completely gassed at the end and the Falcons O play calling in the 4th was to say the least ODD.

16 hours ago, southwest1 said:

No, Brady didn't because Montana never lost a SB he played in. Tommy lost 2 to Big Blue. 

Hey man! Good to see you. 

I picked up on this statement in your post. I've seen/heard/read this before. I was curious to know why you feel like getting to 7 Super Bowls and winning 5 trumps getting to 4 and winning them all. I do understand the idea of never losing one in "the big game," but I also don't get why you would penalize one player for losing a Super Bowl without penalizing the other for losing a conference final, divisional round game, or whatever it was. 

Montana is 16-7 career-wise in the playoffs. Brady is 25-9. So he's lost two more games as a starting QB, but has played 11 more games overall in the postseason. 

I guess it comes down to why the line of thought would penalize Brady for making more Super Bowls, while rewarding Montana somehow for getting knocked out of the playoffs before he could take his team there. Make sense? Just an honest question for you. 

13 hours ago, jjcolts said:

Wanted to say me too.. Brady is the best thing ever since sliced bread.... he can part the sea...   lol was looking for a "I surrender flag" and found it :giveup:

Then I saw this:

:flyingelvis:  OMG why is this emoticon or whatever it is part of the Colts collection LOL......

Gross, why is there a Patriots emoticon here!?

But yeah, we just need to concede Brady is the best and move on.  Arguing with neutral fans just makes us look bitter and a lot of "could of, should of, would of" in the conversation.    So let's just sign the treaty and agree that we never talk about it again, because I sure don't want to hear about it. 

19 hours ago, Buddy Lee said:

Sorry *. I don't want a fan from some other team cramming their glory down my throat. Gloat. Gloat. Gloat.*

Hi. Don't know you, but I used to hang here quite a bit. 

You should PM me and let me know what word I'm supposed to substitute for the * in your post. 

18 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When we lost to the Saints I couldn't watch anything Football related for a month. It was the worst feeling I think I have ever felt in my life sports wise. That would've been a huge win for the Colts and Peyton's legacy. I have been there, I know when you guys lost to the Giants in 2007 that had to be devastating not going 19-0.

I don't know how it could have been worse, actually, lol... as a sports fan, that was the lowest of low points. Took me months to get over that. Then in '08, Brady was lost for the year after a half-quarter or so. 

25 minutes ago, GoPats said:

Hi. Don't know you, but I used to hang here quite a bit. 

You should PM me and let me know what word I'm supposed to substitute for the * in your post. 

For some reason the site or the moderator substituted a * for the word t_r_o_l_l. I had no idea that the word would be verboten.

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Sorry Southwest1, I normally do not butt in during conversations between two posters. However, I do think you had a lapse of judgement in your interpretation of the reasons for their vicarious lives. It was poorly worded and instead of leaving it alone, you seem to be doubling down by not acknowledging it or leaving it alone. Hence I felt I had to say something.

Again, for everyone's benefit, so that they don't have to wonder what Jules and I were referring to, here is exactly what you said in italics below:

I just get the sense that some fans live vicariously through Brady because their ordinary lives pale in comparison so guys overcompensate since their ability to satisfy their woman isn't that great & they live a paycheck to paycheck lifestyle for the most part. Brady is their happy place because their mundane existence sucks. 

It clearly takes a judgemental and/or caustic stance on those fans' lives that was uncalled for. It would have been different if you had just said it is tantamount to idol worship or hero worship, the blind deity like following of Brady but you went a step too far, IMO. Jules was absolutely correct in calling you out for this specific paragraph. I have mad respect for your eloquent style and communication but this was not one of your shining moments.

Other posters doing similar stuff, you are better than that in our eyes to use that as justification, and no, two wrongs don't make a right. You can go on and on and on in defiance or agree to disagree and move on, it is your choice.

Here here. And with that, I'm off to the clinic to see if i can exchange some plasma for a bottle of viagra.

haha what's the big deal with this greatest of all time crap? The decades fade so fast we can hardly tell.

People say Jordan was best of all time. I rarely got to see Jordan since he retired (from bulls) when I was 7. But, I still can't fathom anyone being better than prime Kobe Bryant. You just couldn't stop him! I often asked older people.. how in the world was Jordan better than this?!

I've never seen Montana and never believed people when they said he was the G.O.A.T Some of you have never seen Unitas..I'm sure peple still think He is the G.O.A.T who was before Unitas? Can't we just talk about best player now? lol. I've seen some RIDICULOUS stuff.. "Tom Brady best ATHLETE ever" WHAT?!?! Are you on drugs?!

Tom Brady has set the bar for QB's winning super bowls. Just like Peyton Manning set the bar for QB passing stats. That's it, now it's up to someone to break those marks.

8 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

haha what's the big deal with this greatest of all time crap? The decades fade so fast we can hardly tell.

People say Jordan was best of all time. I rarely got to see Jordan since he retired (from bulls) when I was 7. But, I still can't fathom anyone being better than prime Kobe Bryant. You just couldn't stop him! I often asked older people.. how in the world was Jordan better than this?!

I've never seen Montana and never believed people when they said he was the G.O.A.T Some of you have never seen Unitas..I'm sure peple still think He is the G.O.A.T who was before Unitas? Can't we just talk about best player now? lol. I've seen some RIDICULOUS stuff.. "Tom Brady best ATHLETE ever" WHAT?!?! Are you on drugs?!

Tom Brady has set the bar for QB's winning super bowls. Just like Peyton Manning set the bar for QB passing stats. That's it, now it's up to someone to break those marks.

Great post, but as far as MJ shoes. Man go watch some old games with him and the Bulls! Kobe was great, MJ was on another planet Great!! Wasn't even close.

as for QBs go (shrug) does it matter? Colts have been very lucky to get 2 great QBs back to back.. now if you can only get that HOF coach go with Luck... 

3 hours ago, GoPats said:

I don't know how it could have been worse, actually, lol... as a sports fan, that was the lowest of low points. Took me months to get over that. Then in '08, Brady was lost for the year after a half-quarter or so. 

The Colts losing in 2009 was similar because we were 14-0 and quit on an undefeated season, then Peyton threw the ending Pick 6 in the SB. It was such a fantastic season and the way it ended made me sick.

1 hour ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

It's really all opinion anyway. It's fun to debate stuff like that if you are into history which I am but people can even make an argument for Otto Graham being the best. Look at how many Championships he won.

21 hours ago, southwest1 said:

No, Brady didn't because Montana never lost a SB he played in. Tommy lost 2 to Big Blue. 

Exactly 21 exactly. Also, once a player retires from the NFL, it's unfair to extend Brady Championships while dis-ing Joe at the same time simply because his career didn't last as long as Tom's continues to endure. 

Precisely Gramz. Let's put Brady in Miami & see how many rings he gets without BB his entire career shall we. Meanwhile Peyton had Coach Mora, Caldwell, Dungy, Fox, & Kubiak. 

Hey Barry, nice to see great analysis from you. Keep it up! 

In all seriousness GP, your team has earned the right to gloat until Sept. now. That Hightower hit on Ryan basically won NE your 5th ring. Congratulations. The hardest part for me was seeing Dwight Freeney find Brady after the game & be a good sport because losing SBs plural hurts like hades & Freeney knows his glory days are probably over now. Love ya Dwight! 

what I find so perplexing , unless I have my coaches mixed up, Falcons HC was Seahawks DC when Hawks threw on the 1 instead of running Lynch

now he is head coach and should remember that u better make right call on offense, so when u can secure a 2 score game  with time a factor and can  run the clock on  opposing team  & or force Time outs of the opposing team just do it and dont think about passing, & thus the subsequent hold then sack, . & Punt

I know I am talking hindsight but really was nothing to think about in my view

7 hours ago, chad72 said:

I, respect your opinion Chad72, & you have every right to voice your concerns about what I said regarding some not all overzealous Patriots fans. If you're expecting to apologize, that's never gonna happen because guilt trips never work on me & they have been useless on me ever since I turned say 12 yrs old. Have a nice day. 

Thank you for your candor, I hold no animosity toward either you or Jules, & I appreciate your kind words regarding my forum contributions in your eyes normally. I admire your savvy mind & Jules quick wit as well BTW. 

Was I upset that the Falcons collapsed a dominant lead & let the Pats back in the game after halftime? Perhaps. 

45 minutes ago, bayone said:

what I find so perplexing , unless I have my coaches mixed up, Falcons HC was Seahawks DC when Hawks threw on the 1 instead of running Lynch

now he is head coach and should remember that u better make right call on offense, so when u can secure a 2 score game  with time a factor and can  run the clock on  opposing team  & or force Time outs of the opposing team just do it and dont think about passing, & thus the subsequent hold then sack, . & Punt

I thought the same thing Barry, I agree 100%

39 minutes ago, bayone said:

Hey there Barry, 

Awesome to see you posting again brother! Yeah, I know as a Dr. I'm sure your free time is limited so I owe to you to reply back when you offer your own insightful commentary. 

Honestly Barry, I figured that HC Dan Quinn knew how to handle NE given his time as the DC in Seattle under Pete Carroll. Yes, I know Seattle lost on that final drive Malcolm Butler interception. I just thought that experience would have taught Quinn take points whenever you can get them even field goals just to stop the bleeding man. 

I know; I know hindsight is always 20/20 & foresight is usually blind as a bat. LOL!  

6 hours ago, GoPats said:

Hey man! Good to see you. 

I picked up on this statement in your post. I've seen/heard/read this before. I was curious to know why you feel like getting to 7 Super Bowls and winning 5 trumps getting to 4 and winning them all. I do understand the idea of never losing one in "the big game," but I also don't get why you would penalize one player for losing a Super Bowl without penalizing the other for losing a conference final, divisional round game, or whatever it was. 

Montana is 16-7 career-wise in the playoffs. Brady is 25-9. So he's lost two more games as a starting QB, but has played 11 more games overall in the postseason. 

I guess it comes down to why the line of thought would penalize Brady for making more Super Bowls, while rewarding Montana somehow for getting knocked out of the playoffs before he could take his team there. Make sense? Just an honest question for you. 

Hey GP, 

I missed you around here man. You're Jets rants were always hysterical. Gang Green has a playbook really? Huh, go figure. You could have fooled me. You said that once & I never forgot that. I love your humor GP! It's twisted like mine, but in a good way. :lol:

Anyhow, regarding your question...Brady is an exceptional QB & he's at the top of NFL Rushmore now. However, to me, playoff appearances are nothing to me. Yes, I realize you have to win 3 games or less to reach a SB late in the yr, but all I care about is your SB record in the big dance once your team gets there. I view SBs as a separate entity to judge in isolation from a QB's perspective. It's like the Micheal Jordan vs LeBron James greatness debate in the NBA series Finals. James could win 7 rings in total & it's still not gonna surpass Jordan because #23's legacy in the biggest moments is perfect, impeccable, untarnished, & unblemished  with zero loses on his ring resume. 

The same pattern applies to Joe Montana. All I care about is once you get to the SB: Are you victorious or a slain foe who came up short?  Brady could with 7 SBs & he's not better than Joe Montana sorry. 

Please contribute regularly on the forum again. You rock GP! Hades, I'm selfish. I just am loyal to folks that crack me up dude. 

8 hours ago, chad72 said:

Two wrongs don't make a right.You can go on and on and on in defiance or agree to disagree and move on, it is your choice.

Whoa there Chad72, when did we stroll into a confessional booth my friend? I listened to you. Let's not blow this matter out of proportion shall we...

With all due respect, drop the holier than thou routine. Thank you very much.

6 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Whoa there Chad72, when did we stroll into a confessional booth my friend? I listened to you. Let's not blow this matter out of proportion shall we...

With all due respect, drop the holier than thou routine. Thank you very much.

Its all good now. I spoke my piece, it was all one big post (or defense of my friend Jules), thanks for responding gracefully.

8 hours ago, Buddy Lee said:

For some reason the site or the moderator substituted a * for the word t_r_o_l_l. I had no idea that the word would be verboten.

Aw man, you got me. Busted. My 13-year scheme to troll Colts fans has been exposed.