Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How can you deny Tom Brady as the Greatest QB of all time?

chad72

This comeback basically cemented it for me. He is the greatest QB of all time. When the lights shine bright, he is unfazed. Great QB play and great playcalling from Josh McDaniels.

Props to Belichick for all the defensive adjustments in the second half. Falcons still left the door open by not running the ball and settling for a FG to go up 31-20, there was the ball game. A penalty and a sack and no FG range and the comeback happens. All the 4th qtr. points that the Falcons gave up during the year finally caught up to them.

You have to play for 60 minutes. Once Brady motioned James White back to the huddle for the 2 pt. conversion, I was screaming "Charlie Weis play, Charlie Weis play, direct snap to the RB". Man, I have seen enough of the Patriots that I can pick up their tendencies sometimes. :)

Congrats to the Patriots!!!

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He just surpassed Joe Montana if people didn't think he already did with the playoff record. 

Thank you Tom Brady! The Who Dat Nation owes you this one for making Roger Goodell hand you that trophy after the unlawful controversy of Deflategate. Thank you, this is redemption for Bountygate and Deflategate!!! 

And THANK YOU SO MUCH for denying the Falcons a Lombardi! 

Atlanta gave it away.  It was the worst play call I have ever seen.  Consistently throwing 5 yard passes isn't great.  TB is patient and consistent and that's all.  He never has to make a great pass, just a normal pass and he always has enough time to do it.  He is Bart Starr and Peyton is Johnny Unitas.  Johnny U is greater but Starr had Vince Lombardi.

I don't buy that he is GOAT.

I still think Montana is, but these are different era's.  So it really is hard to say GOAT. 

Perhaps in his ERA.

As a preference and if without BB- I will take Peyton Manning or Montana or Steve Young any day.

15 minutes ago, chad72 said:

This comeback basically cemented it for me. He is the greatest QB of all time. When the lights shine bright, he is unfazed. Great QB play and great playcalling from Josh McDaniels.

Props to Belichick for all the defensive adjustments in the second half. Falcons still left the door open by not running the ball and settling for a FG to go up 31-20, there was the ball game. A penalty and a sack and no FG range and the comeback happens. All the 4th qtr. points that the Falcons gave up during the year finally caught up to them.

You have to play for 60 minutes. Once Brady motioned James White back to the huddle for the 2 pt. conversion, I was screaming "Charlie Weis play, Charlie Weis play, direct snap to the RB". Man, I have seen enough of the Patriots that I can pick up their tendencies sometimes. :)

Congrats to the Patriots!!!

wow you called that huh.  I've been waiting for that a long time but didn't think you could pull that fake brady shot gun again but I guess the time was right.

It is time to stop making excuses. Patriots are able to play any style, and any tempo because of Brady. Yes, it is a team game but that team is able to out-execute when it matters the most and play great situational football when it matters. Onside kick fails, then 3 and out for Falcons, that is how a team responds. 

Great coaches no doubt but the captain of the ship on the field that gives them hope is Brady, hands down.

15 minutes ago, -JJ- said:

wow you called that huh.  I've been waiting for that a long time but didn't think you could pull that fake brady shot gun again but I guess the time was right.

They tried it vs Jack Del Rio coached Broncos' D in the Broncos 2013 AFCCG but Denver was ready for it when the Patriots scored when they were down 10-26 to get to 16-26 and that score stayed.

Like I said, I have watched enough of them to know their tendencies and I felt you had to take advantage of Chung vs TEs, they almost did though Chung has been solid compared to years past. That is why they let Jamie Collins go, because Peyton burned him with Julius Thomas in the 2013 AFCCG and with old man Owen Daniels twice in the 2015 AFCCG that gave them a lead that they hung on to. They now try to play a no-position D with multiple DBs.

The outside run plays were similar to what Osweiler and Kubiak ran vs the Patriots with C.J.Anderson running for that OT TD last year. They were successful in the first half but the Patriots adjusted while the Falcons did not. Patriots then clamped up on Matt Ryan's right big time and he stopped looking backside (like Peyton did in that 4th & 2 game once he figured out what Belichick was doing for big gains on the backside with whoever ran across the field to his left). It is a 60 minute chess game with Belichick and Peyton was capable of doing it, Ryan and Shanahan just fell short.

Patriots also have a history of injuring RBs in the huddle - Ahmad Bradshaw while playing vs the Colts in 2013 (they had it out for him for the Giants days), LeVeon Bell, and Tevin Coleman today??? :dunno:

14 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Whats scary is he probably still has another 2-3 years in him. He hasn't slowed down one bit.

He said in an NFL article that he plans to play 3-5 more years. This is why the Patriots are shopping Garropollo, so you might want to reevaluate the 2-3 years bit, lol.

5 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Damn right. Call them out for cheating and they will come back and win it again and again. Greatest QB ever. Greatest coach ever. Greatest dynasty ever.

I have noticed this. When they get caught for cheating, they tend to rebound in an amazing way. When they got caught this year, I said to myself that they would do well this season. Little did I know they'd win the Superbowl.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

It is time to stop making excuses. Patriots are able to play any style, and any tempo because of Brady. Yes, it is a team game but that team is able to out-execute when it matters the most and play great situational football when it matters. Onside kick fails, then 3 and out for Falcons, that is how a team responds. 

Great coaches no doubt but the captain of the ship on the field that gives them hope is Brady, hands down.

They play one style on offense.  Short game.  Many styles on defense.  Bellichek.  It's time for you to quit drinking the koolaid.  BB created this dynasty.  He is great.  TB is a quality tool that would not be great if you put him on another team.  BB could go somewhere else and create the same thing if he were given cart Blanche like in NE.

3 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

They play one style on offense.  Short game.  Many styles on defense.  Bellichek.  It's time for you to quit drinking the koolaid.  BB created this dynasty.  He is great.  TB is a quality tool that would not be great if you put him on another team.  BB could go somewhere else and create the same thing if he were given cart Blanche like in NE.

The short game works with RBs and those slot wide outs because of Brady and his arm. In the NFL, the deep shots are taken only when necessary, most teams operate the short game anyways. But you have your mind made up. I am not going to try to convince you.

Just now, gacoop1 said:

Hands down, he has my vote.  Let this be a shining example what a Dynasty is:  Are you listening Colts Nation....Brady should retire though, as he has achieved everything no one has achieved in the NFL and that's Five(5) Rings....Impressive...

Yup, one for each finger. Well, if you count the thumb as a finger.

3 minutes ago, gacoop1 said:

Hands down, he has my vote.  Let this be a shining example what a Dynasty is:  Are you listening Colts Nation....Brady should retire though, as he has achieved everything no one has achieved in the NFL and that's Five(5) Rings....Impressive...

Why should he retire? With the way the rest of the NFL is playing, he could win the next three Super Bowls and retire with 8 rings.

I truly thought the birds had them but once more for the good times The Brady Bunch strikes. I am watching Houston 13 ABC and they are interviewing fans as they come out after the game and two very young women said they paid $7,000 each for their tickets and $400 to park!!

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

The short game works with RBs and those slot wide outs because of Brady and his arm. But you have your mind made up. I am not going to try to convince you.

Don't you get it?  BB found he could get smart players as opposed to the best.  Design perfect game plans, coach them up every week and win.  It's a formula that allows even his backups to win.  TB is ticked he was a 6th rounder and is fine playing that system.  No great QB would ever want to play in that system because it limits their talent.  Marino would never  run an offense like that because of his ego.  TB is replaceable. 

I dont mind differences of opinion, but I do mind someone telling me I have to call him the greatest.  You are a great poster but will never convince me of this.  Believe it or not, I'm not just a homer.  I can admit the greater talent, but BB is like Mutt Lange in the 70s and 80s music.  He can make a star out of anyone.

1 minute ago, LockeDown said:

Don't you get it?  BB found he could get smart players as opposed to the best.  Design perfect game plans, coach them up every week and win.  It's a formula that allows even his backups to win.  TB is ticked he was a 6th rounder and is fine playing that system.  No great QB would ever want to play in that system because it limits their talent.  Marino would never  run an offense like that because of his ego.  TB is replaceable. 

I dont mind differences of opinion, but I do mind someone telling me I have to call him the greatest.  You are a great poster but will never convince me of this.  Believe it or not, I'm not just a homer.  I can admit the greater talent, but BB is like Mutt Lange in the 70s and 80s music.  He can make a star out of anyone.

That is fine, it is your opinion and I respect it.

Just now, King Colt said:

Imagine being a kid about 8 years old and a Patriots fan when Brady started playing. All that kid, now an adult knows is glory in one form or another. Must be nice.

Or a Boston fan in general since the new millennium. Greatest comebacks of all time in two sports, championships in all four, multiple championships