Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

JMV Today

gnet550

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know he's known for his Madden but his Mel, Gruden, and Bill Walton are better even. When he does Walton it's so freakin funny it has me crying.

I love his Adam Shefter.  Probably because I have always found Shefter's speech pattern/cadence/whatever highly annoying.

28 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Seeing as we don't have a fullback that wouldn't be good. This to me is the biggest bunch of Fud I've heard. If Gruden was coming it would have happened last offseason...and he doesn't strike me as the type that would want Grigson as his GM so he would want to make a change there too. We have who we have.

My comment was not meant to be taken too seriously. 

20 minutes ago, csmopar said:

That clip may have just sold me on Gruden, pay the man

At the beginning of this segment before Luck came in.   Gruden was talking about Luck saying he was the master of the WC offense

ummmm.   Guess what kind of offense we aren't playing?????   One guess.  I'll give you one guess

thank you chuck for * up a great thing!!!!!

1 hour ago, grmasterb said:

My comment was not meant to be taken too seriously. 

Re-watching this clip reminds me that Luck grew up with west coast principles where he got the ball out on time...it's pretty sad that we didn't build on that foundation better.

This should be a stark reminder of areas where Luck is not better than when we found him....and an area where coaching should be held accountable.  

Makes me a little mad right now.

9 hours ago, ztboiler said:

Re-watching this clip reminds me that Luck grew up with west coast principles where he got the ball out on time...it's pretty sad that we didn't build on that foundation better.

This should be a stark reminder of areas where Luck is not better than when we found him....and an area where coaching should be held accountable.  

I think they tried a little bit more of that in 2013 in the early stages but once they realized the running game was virtually non-existent and then with Wayne hurt, they had to open up the offense a lot more and trust Luck to carry the offensive load and go down the field more.

5 hours ago, presto123 said:

If and when Gruden gets hired, it will be an excuse for me to dig out Child's Play and watch it again for the first time in a long time. haha!

Child's Play 1 and 2 still hold up, 3 not so much, Bride is still a stupid fun movie, and Seed is still a turd in a punchbowl. Curse of Chucky from a few years back is very good as well. Cult of Chucky comes out sometime this year. 

46 minutes ago, Restored said:

I think they tried a little bit more of that in 2013 in the early stages but once they realized the running game was virtually non-existent and then with Wayne hurt, they had to open up the offense a lot more and trust Luck to carry the offensive load and go down the field more.

Maybe.  We certainly made every attempt to run the ball in early 2013 when Trich arrived.  

We also made the quick rhythm game a priority in 2015 for Hasselbeck, so it's not like we don't know how.

It's a game planning and offensive identity crisis.  Nothing more.

11 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

It's actually more like they completely removed him from that foundation all together.

I do think that Arians consciously turned Luck into more of his type of gunslinger - and we could have used that 1 year departure from Luck's WC offense roots to make him a better playmaker.  Instead, yes, we seem to have re-wired him instead of complementing his already wonderful wiring.

12 hours ago, ztboiler said:

Totally agree. Everyone loves Bruce Arians but I happen to believe that Bruce's offense instilled a lot of bad habits in Luck. Just my opinion.

7 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

Look at how long it's taken Roethlesburger to get rewired in Pitt from Bruce Arian's offense.

Even more reason why you need Gruden. He'll come in an emphasize that short passing game and teach Luck how to dice up a defense slowly and methodically. It'll make life easier on the OL as well. If anyone can "fix" Luck, it's Gruden.

11 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

It's actually more like they completely removed him from that foundation all together.

What I've always been confused about is that (I thought) the idea of bringing in Hamilton was to do just this: install the West Coast style the Luck played in college. I don't have any links handy but I remember reading quite a bit about that philosophy and how it would influence our offense/Andrew's play. Clearly it didn't work out.

1 hour ago, VocableLoki said:

What I've always been confused about is that (I thought) the idea of bringing in Hamilton was to do just this: install the West Coast style the Luck played in college. I don't have any links handy but I remember reading quite a bit about that philosophy and how it would influence our offense/Andrew's play. Clearly it didn't work out.

TBH the Colts offense has looked exactly the same under all 3 of our OCs. I think part of it is Luck going for the big play and the other is that no one is imaginative enough to create better plays. 

1 hour ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Totally agree. Everyone loves Bruce Arians but I happen to believe that Bruce's offense instilled a lot of bad habits in Luck. Just my opinion.

Not everyone. I thought he did a good job in 2012 in the interim role, but I wasn't upset when he left. I'm still not convinced that we'd be any better as a team with him as coach. The press conferences would admittedly be more entertaining, I'm not so sure about W-L record though.

The roster he has in Arizona, especially the defense, is far better than what we have, the division is bad outside of Seattle, they have (debatably) the best rushing attack in football, and they still had a losing season.

3 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

How come everyone on here seems to know what we need to do, but the people who make millions doing it, don't. Something just does not add up.....

That's the nature of discussion forums. One thing I think we can all agree on though, the ones getting paid are doing a questionable job... at best. 

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

That's the nature of discussion forums. One thing I think we can all agree on though, the ones getting paid are doing a questionable job... at best. 

No disputing that, but I would not be so arrogant to think that I could do better or that I know more than the coaches, irrespective of how mediocre a job they are doing. Well, apart from trading for LaRon Landry (sp)......

1 minute ago, braveheartcolt said:

No disputing that, but I would not be so arrogant to think that I could do better or that I know more than the coaches, irrespective of how mediocre a job they are doing. Well, apart from trading for LaRon Landry (sp)......

That wasn't a trade, just a very bad free-agent signing. Nevertheless, I know what you mean.

1 hour ago, VocableLoki said:

Eh? Doesn't Pitt still run a very vertical-heavy passing game?

It's fine when you have the pieces in place to run it.  If we had it then I'd be all for it.    We dont have a RB that can break a 99 yd run on any touch, we dont have the Oline that can withstand a 6 second route