Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017 All Pro teams

chad hugo

The only player on the Colts that deserved it is Pat McAfee. Disappointing year for everyone else. I'm fine with this team not getting the love as far as pro bowls and all-pro consideration goes. Hopefully it wakes up this mediocrity that's going on with this franchise.  

4 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

The only player on the Colts that deserved it is Pat McAfee. Disappointing year for everyone else. I'm fine with this team not getting the love as far as pro bowls and all-pro consideration goes. Hopefully it wakes up this mediocrity that's going on with this franchise.  

Exactly. I'm not sure why it's upsetting to people that this team didn't send anyone to represent as an all-pro. TY certainly performed tops on our team and led the league in yards but he disappeared at times and had some big drops. Also, the talent at WR in the league is ridiculous so it's a tough crowd to lead. 

As for Mcafee, he probably could have argued he deserved it but oh well, our punter didn't make it. Blah!! Luck was certainly not the best out of the league of NFL qb's so it's not a shock and he hasn't set a legacy of being great every year like the others so far. He will get his. 

1 hour ago, chad hugo said:

No TY.

No McAfee.

Not even on the 2nd team.

Not even a single vote for Luck. Even for a 8-8 team, our offense was still above average (at times), yet, no respect for TY is just frustrating.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000770458/article/three-rookies-matt-ryan-among-players-named-to-allpro-team

That's the colts haters out there and there is a whole bunch of them.

If I'm honest it think TY had a better year than any other Colts player this year. Lead the league in yards by a decent margin, yet the next 4 on the list all made an All-Pro team.

Truly got 'Ghosted' by the committee.

McAfee deserved it too.

16 hours ago, chad hugo said:

No TY.

No McAfee.

Not even on the 2nd team.

Not even a single vote for Luck. Even for a 8-8 team, our offense was still above average (at times), yet, no respect for TY is just frustrating.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000770458/article/three-rookies-matt-ryan-among-players-named-to-allpro-team

As badly as the Colts played, including Luck, they didn't deserve to have anyone named. Mediocre teams are not represented on the All Pro team.

10 hours ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

When you win, the accolades come.  Being mediocre as a team supersedes individual accomplishments.

16 minutes ago, Bigbadbill said:

As badly as the Colts played, including Luck, they didn't deserve to have anyone named. Mediocre teams are not represented on the All Pro team.

Did you actually look at the rosters? There are plenty of players from mediocre to bad teams. The Rams, who were much worse than the Colts, had multiple selections. Should David Johnson not have made it because the Cards were bad? (They were worse than the Colts; the NFC West is no better than AFC South.) The All Pro team is literally about individual accomplishments. Stop trying to make it something it's not because you have an ax to grind. 

I'm not surprised no Colt made it... Luck wasn't going to with Ryan, Carr, Rodgers, Brady standing in his way.....TY may have led the league in yards, but his roughly 100yd lead on these guys doesn't out weigh the more receptions, and the significantly more TDs they have over TY....I am surprised about Julio making it 1st team. I don't think I would have included him at all, instead I'd replace him with Jordy who had roughly 15 more rec, 8more TDs and roughly 150less yards....

As for Pat, he's a punter. Not gonna pretend I know anything about any other punter in the league. 

7 minutes ago, Larry Horseman said:

Did you actually look at the rosters? There are plenty of players from mediocre to bad teams. The Rams, who were much worse than the Colts, had multiple selections. Should David Johnson not have made it because the Cards were bad? (They were worse than the Colts; the NFC West is no better than AFC South.) The All Pro team is literally about individual accomplishments. Stop trying to make it something it's not because you have an ax to grind. 

The NFL West has been far better than the AFC South. Yes, the records are a little skewed but Seattle, Arizona and even the Rams are a threat to beat anyone. I do not think the Colts could win three games in that division. 

41 minutes ago, Bigbadbill said:

The NFL West has been far better than the AFC South. Yes, the records are a little skewed but Seattle, Arizona and even the Rams are a threat to beat anyone. I do not think the Colts could win three games in that division. 

The records are all that matter; they don't skew anything. I was talking about 2016 season, not previous years. The NFCW was not nearly as strong the past two years as it was previously. Only Seattle was above 500 in that division, and the Rams and 49ers were a complete dumpster fire. In no way, shape, or form, were the Rams a more competitive NFL team than the Colts this year. At best, Arizona was as competitive as the Colts, Titans, and Texans. We will find out next year since the AFCS plays the NFCW. 

1 hour ago, Larry Horseman said:

The records are all that matter; they don't skew anything. I was talking about 2016 season, not previous years. The NFCW was not nearly as strong the past two years as it was previously. Only Seattle was above 500 in that division, and the Rams and 49ers were a complete dumpster fire. In no way, shape, or form, were the Rams a more competitive NFL team than the Colts this year. At best, Arizona was as competitive as the Colts, Titans, and Texans. We will find out next year since the AFCS plays the NFCW. 

I think the Colts will settle into last place in the AFC South. I would think somewhere between 4-12 to 6-10 for the year unless they have a miracle draft.

3 hours ago, Larry Horseman said:

Who the hell are you?  I have no axe to grind....just an opinion.  Get over yourself Son.

11 hours ago, Bigbadbill said:

I think the Colts will settle into last place in the AFC South. I would think somewhere between 4-12 to 6-10 for the year unless they have a miracle draft.

Fair enough but that's not the point of the thread. All I'm saying is that All Pro isn't contingent on team success. It's an individual award. 

2 hours ago, Larry Horseman said:

Uh, I have an opinion too. Perhaps you're sensitive.

Nope...your retort was uninformed and ignorant at best.  Look at the list again Son and see all the players on playoff teams on there. 

I have been a Colts fan for over 40 years...probably more than you have been alive.  I have no axe to grind...and to imply that is ridiculous.  

10 hours ago, Larry Horseman said:

Fair enough but that's not the point of the thread. All I'm saying is that All Pro isn't contingent on team success. It's an individual award. 

Then you just aren't looking. The All Pro Team is dominated by players from the best teams in the NFL. Getting named to the team with a losing team is not the norm. The Colts got just what they deserved for a terrible season.

9 hours ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

Nope...your retort was uninformed and ignorant at best.  Look at the list again Son and see all the players on playoff teams on there. 

I have been a Colts fan for over 40 years...probably more than you have been alive.  I have no axe to grind...and to imply that is ridiculous.  

First, why do you keep calling me Son with a capital "S"? Do you think I'm Jesus, or are you just doing a really poor job trying to be condescending? Second, suffice it to say I'm plenty old enough to have watched the Colts for a long time. Finally, I'm not uninformed. Obviously the majority of players who are named All Pro are on playoff teams. Logically, the best teams have the best players. However, this year, 9/28 (32%) First Team All Pros were from non-playoff teams; and 15/38 (39%) of Second Team were from non-playoff teams. Combined, that's 36% who were from non-playoff teams. My only point has been that just because a team is 8-8 or worse doesn't mean there are no individuals on the team worth making All Pro, and apparently the voters agree. After all that, I don't have a problem with Colts being left off All Pro. Pat has the best argument. 

1 hour ago, Bigbadbill said:

Then you just aren't looking. The All Pro Team is dominated by players from the best teams in the NFL. Getting named to the team with a losing team is not the norm. The Colts got just what they deserved for a terrible season.

See my above post. Of course the majority are from playoff teams...why wouldn't they be. However, over 1/3 are from non-playoff teams...that's a decent chunk of players. 

3 hours ago, Larry Horseman said:

First, why do you keep calling me Son with a capital "S"? Do you think I'm Jesus, or are you just doing a really poor job trying to be condescending? Second, suffice it to say I'm plenty old enough to have watched the Colts for a long time. Finally, I'm not uninformed. Obviously the majority of players who are named All Pro are on playoff teams. Logically, the best teams have the best players. However, this year, 9/28 (32%) First Team All Pros were from non-playoff teams; and 15/38 (39%) of Second Team were from non-playoff teams. Combined, that's 36% who were from non-playoff teams. My only point has been that just because a team is 8-8 or worse doesn't mean there are no individuals on the team worth making All Pro, and apparently the voters agree. After all that, I don't have a problem with Colts being left off All Pro. Pat has the best argument. 

What color is the sky in your world Larry?  You obviously have deep seeded issues that you need to get control of.  You pick a fight and are proved wrong on every level and continue to make an * of yourself?

I also find it ironic that you would point out the capitalization of a word, yet struggle to grasp the concept of "paragraphs".  They are your Friend Larry, embrace them.

Lastly, I enjoy my time on here and refuse to waste it arguing with a miscreant like you.  So I am going to do to you what success, common sense and the opposite sex has done to you.  That is ignore you.  Welcome to my "Ignore List".... population YOU.

39 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

What color is the sky in your world Larry?  You obviously have deep seeded issues that you need to get control of.  You pick a fight and are proved wrong on every level and continue to make an * of yourself?

I also find it ironic that you would point out the capitalization of a word, yet struggle to grasp the concept of "paragraphs".  They are your Friend Larry, embrace them.

Lastly, I enjoy my time on here and refuse to waste it arguing with a miscreant like you.  So I am going to do to you what success, common sense and the opposite sex has done to you.  That is ignore you.  Welcome to my "Ignore List".... population YOU.

The irony of this post. 

On 1/6/2017 at 5:05 PM, runthepost said:

TY was not going to make it above those receivers and Luck didn't have a better year than Brady or Matt or Arod so I'm not sure why you're mad

Most years yes. But TY led the league in receiving. Had 91 receptions. That counts for something. He was as good as anybody in the league. I agree on Luck for all-pro. But I do think he SHOULD get some MVP votes because he is so valuable to this team, but I know he won't.