Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck Concussion (Merge)

TKnight24

1 minute ago, deedub75 said:

When this regime downplays an injury or is silent about it that worries me. JMV was really the first person to break the story and his sources are saying that they are wondering if Luck will even be ready for the game after Thursday's. 

That would have to be one hell of a concussion cause they don't play again until the Monday after. 

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What time is the walk-through practice today? If Luck is playing or not they need to at least have him out there to just walk around....keep Pittsburgh guessing. If he doesn't "practice" today then he's got no chance of playing. Fingers crossed. I've got a good feeling about it but we shall see. 

1 hour ago, GusBus24 said:

I don't believe its a done deal until I hear it from the organization and that is pretty much plastered all over the sports sites. I keep checking and have not seen anything. If it was a done deal I think they would have said so by now. They are holding out hope for something. 

Here is one sports site for your enjoyment (a bit of sarcasm):

Asked on a conference call when the Colts found out Andrew Luck wasn't playing, T.Y. Hilton said, "we found out in the team meeting room when he wasn't there. Coach brought it to our attention." Talked about wanting to "win for him."

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffowler_jeremy_m.jpg&w=80&h=80&scale=cropJeremy Fowler, ESPN Staff Writer

2 minutes ago, GoBlue12 said:

Here is one sports site for your enjoyment (a bit of sarcasm):

Asked on a conference call when the Colts found out Andrew Luck wasn't playing, T.Y. Hilton said, "we found out in the team meeting room when he wasn't there. Coach brought it to our attention." Talked about wanting to "win for him."

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffowler_jeremy_m.jpg&w=80&h=80&scale=cropJeremy Fowler, ESPN Staff Writer

Yea I saw this but then this was said.

re: T.Y. Hilton's comments to Pittsburgh reporters, I think there's some confusion as to whether he actually said Luck is ruled out. FYI

2 hours ago, GusBus24 said:

Saints head coach says Mark Ingram will be practicing today after suffering a concussion Sunday. Still holding out hope for Luck and that we hear the same news today. Traveling to the game from Colorado and don't really want to see Tolzien play if anything I rather see Morris play if it comes to that. FINGERS CROSSED FOR GOOD NEWS TODAY ON LUCK!

FYI merged into the existing Luck concussion topic.

5 minutes ago, Vinatieri4 said:

The suspense is killing me, however I give it a 75% chance of playing based off of everything 

Sell that formula. You know, the one you haven't used. I on the other hand have analysed all concussion protocol situations in the past 2 seasons and give Andrew a 31.58% chance of playing. Check it out on my website, wwww.madeupstupidstuff.com

Honestly, the Colts should just err on the side of caution. Even if he passes protocol, he's going to get hit against Pittsburgh, its just an inevitability. No need to risk further damage. Play it safe with your biggest asset for the long term. It's more important than one game that would have been a struggle regardless.

8 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

Sell that formula. You know, the one you haven't used. I on the other hand have analysed all concussion protocol situations in the past 2 seasons and give Andrew a 31.58% chance of playing. Check it out on my website, wwww.madeupstupidstuff.com

Just to clarify......you're telling me that website is a fake?

On 11/21/2016 at 7:04 PM, AllYouNeedIsLuck said:

This

It's not official that he had an actual concussion. We shall see..

Well, as they have elevated Morris to the active roster, we can end the speculation and hope Luck is back for the JETS...., so we can look forward to another Pittsburgh whooping

53 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

Why is everyone such smart*** on here.

Players have played with concussions in the past? do you really think the Colts dont know when andrew got his concussion last game?? "Bbbbut chuck said his symptoms were after!!!" oh I didn't know we were supposed to take everything they say as gospel. 

Andrew is a superstar nfl quarterback with the playoffs on the line, the only way how I see him not playing is because in sll reality they do have some wiggle room with the afc south being trash. 

With that being said if this was a game vs the texans I would bet everything but the kitchen sink that he would play.

Sometimes it means you gotta use your noggin..

15 minutes ago, Vinatieri4 said:

Players have played with concussions in the past? do you really think the Colts dont know when andrew got his concussion last game?? "Bbbbut chuck said his symptoms were after!!!" oh I didn't know we were supposed to take everything they say as gospel. 

Andrew is a superstar nfl quarterback with the playoffs on the line, the only way how I see him not playing is because in sll reality they do have some wiggle room with the afc south being trash. 

With that being said if this was a game vs the texans I would bet everything but the kitchen sink that he would play.

The final injury report is out. Andrew Luck will NOT play Thursday night versus the Steelers. Luck (concussion) has been ruled OUT.

11 minutes ago, Vinatieri4 said:

Whether Luck plays or not is not up to him, Pagano, Irsay, or the competition level.  It is up to the medical staff who are bound to specific medical hurdles and until they can prove that he can pass these, he is not allowed to play, practice or even exercise.  the medical personnel can be personally fined and dismissed if they don't follow these specific levels.  not like it used to be a few years back, big brother is watching every move on this and many other injuries; but specifically concussions.  

2 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

Whether Luck plays or not is not up to him, Pagano, Irsay, or the competition level.  It is up to the medical staff who are bound to specific medical hurdles and until they can prove that he can pass these, he is not allowed to play, practice or even exercise.  the medical personnel can be personally fined and dismissed if they don't follow these specific levels.  not like it used to be a few years back, big brother is watching every move on this and many other injuries; but specifically concussions.  

He's not playing. It's official now

I actually think Geathers is a bigger loss for this particular game. Oh Luck is a loss of course but Tolzien gets the ball out quicker, Has a good arm. If the O Line can give him some resemblance of protection he should be able to take whats given to him against a Pittsburgh defense that's lost its bite and give us a chance to win in the end