Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

clock is ticking (Fire Everyone merge)

FanFromtheWasteland

18 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Ok.  Lets gather up the theme of this week's threads....

Luck plays poorly.  its not his fault, its Grigsons fault because Luck is now shell-shocked from playing behind a perpetually bad Oline.

Chester Rogers, whom Grigson found and the other 31 GMs didn't, is a promising player who the site chooses to compare to Dorsett, then bash Grigson for his UDFA playing well by comparison.

If Grigson wasn't such a poor GM, we wouldn't have so many injuries.

Grigson is stupid for not trading a third round pick for Jamie Collins, who will be a FA this spring and doesn't rush the passer anyway.

Now...Grigson is the cause of so many penalties.

Ok. me too....

My water heater gave out last night.  Its because I had to use so much hot water from taking too many soothing baths from all of the stress the Colts are bringing me.  If the Colts had a different GM, my water heater would be working now.

:lol: Sad but true. I naturally want to blame one person for all of the issues, because that would mean it was far easier to fix the situation for my favorite team. But it's not the case... Sigh... We can't blame everything on Grigson, but he isn't innocent by any means. 

The entire organization is just not doing well. From top to bottom we are sloppy. 

But as far as penalties: who do you blame? The coach or the player?

I really don't know at this point. It's baffling and comical how bad this has become. 

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel good about Kelly, Mewhort, and even Haeg, but we need new Tackles. If we picked up a good pass rusher in free agency I wouldn't be upset if we took one of the top tier tackles this draft in the first, as long as running back and another pass rusher followed in 2 and 3.

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

New England and Green Bay are consistently good because they have Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers, Cleveland isn't good because they have no QB, and no amount of highly drafted players will save them. Same reason why Seattle made two SB's and won one, Russell Wilson took them there. Also the same reason the Raiders are now a very good team, Derek Carr has become a near-elite QB. Want me to go on? Blake Bortles has been horrible, so all those 1st round picks don't carry them, only Bortles can truly do it. I wrote a whole page basically on another thread on why this is true, read that as well.

The early draft picks will push a team over the top, but you need a QB to have a chance, without one, you're done.

You don't get it...the Patriots and the Packers don't usually pick in the top 10, ever...

1 minute ago, tfunky14 said:

You don't get it...the Patriots and the Packers don't usually pick in the top 10, ever...

You don't get it, they haven't rebuilt for over a decade. Their team isn't in the faze we were in. When they have a semi-solid team around them like they do and have had for 15 years, guys like Brady and Rodgers can carry them despite the low draft picks. When we have a team that got gutted just 5 years ago and have been picking late 4 out of 5 years, including missing on 3 straight 1st round picks, we can't compete with the big boys. Luck doesn't have that semi-solid team around him to help push us over the top. Brady and Rodgers have competence around them, in both players and coaching. We don't and Luck doesn't. If you don't get it by now, then it's confirmed you're just trolling, which it sounds like you are from most of your posts.

I think we need to go oline/OLB/Mlb this draft like basically all the picks..we can pick up a decent #3 corner in fa  let Ed Jackson start opposite of someone new and replace all olbs but Walden we have plenty depth on the line it's the linebackers who are garbage 

23 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

:lol: Sad but true. I naturally want to blame one person for all of the issues, because that would mean it was far easier to fix the situation for my favorite team. But it's not the case... Sigh... We can't blame everything on Grigson, but he isn't innocent by any means. 

The entire organization is just not doing well. From top to bottom we are sloppy. 

But as far as penalties: who do you blame? The coach or the player?

I really don't know at this point. It's baffling and comical how bad this has become

It sure is.

45 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Luck plays poorly.  its not his fault, its Grigsons fault because Luck is now shell-shocked from playing behind a perpetually bad Oline.

Chester Rogers, whom Grigson found and the other 31 GMs didn't, is a promising player who the site chooses to compare to Dorsett, then bash Grigson for his UDFA playing well by comparison.

Grigson is stupid for not trading a third round pick for Jamie Collins, who will be a FA this spring and doesn't rush the passer anyway.

Ok. me too....

My water heater gave out last night.  Its because I had to use so much hot water from taking too many soothing baths from all of the stress the Colts are bringing me.  If the Colts had a different GM, my water heater would be working now.

You read the original post, and came up with that? Looooooool

52 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Ok. me too....

Chester is a below average receiver. not really a gem. But the fact that he's better than Dorsett only hurts Grigsons football reputation, not help it. 

Jamie Collins has a skill set that any knowledgeable fan would kill to have. Elite coverage on tight ends, stopping the run and setting the edge/tone 

51 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Ok. me too....

Oh this is just gold. Thank you, this forum is depressing some times but you sir made me laugh.

We need a solid RT, Castanzo may just be in a funk with the weekly rotations as LG. I am not ready to give up on him now. That said Haeg will be a solid lineman for us, I really think he will only get better and we may see him at LT sooner than later and move Costanzo to RT. Good has all the physical tools he just needs to get better and Clark is a total mystery if he cannot get into games with all the injuries. This line has just been a sore point with everyone for years and It may have to be a new GM making the calls to get the OL right

This is all just speculation but this season is over we cant get this ship straighten out 

4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

My apologies if you weren't linking the high amount of penalties so far this season with it being a reason for firing the GM.  It seemed clear to me.

Jeezle petes. Just no.. the Gm is bad at his job, as is the headcoach. Hence why I said fire them at the end of the season. If you think this team is headed in the right direction though, I respect your opinion lmao

13 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Chester is a below average receiver. not really a gem. But the fact that he's better than Dorsett only hurts Grigsons football reputation, not help it. 

Jamie Collins has a skill set that any knowledgeable fan would kill to have. Elite coverage on tight ends, stopping the run and setting the edge/tone 

"Fact that he is better..."  is not a fact. 

Knowledgeable GMs know that skill sets come with prices.  Collins is known for coverage, but is a bit light to be a consistent force in the other areas.  Which is why the Pats are letting him go.  He is not worth what he is asking.

1 hour ago, pgt_rob said:

No doubt, whoever that scouts our O-Line talent has been whiffing for years. I would say draft another O-Linemen in the 2nd round and hope it pans out like Mewhort or Kelly. Or if he really wants to be bold, draft O-Linemen in the 1st and 2nd and make a play for a pass rusher in FA. Wouldn't be a super sexy draft but I would do it to protect Luck. He's a really durable guy but you just never know when another big hit could throw him out of the game again for sure. We need that concrete barrier around him and it's not there yet.

I concur

33 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

We need a solid RT, Castanzo may just be in a funk with the weekly rotations as LG. I am not ready to give up on him now. That said Haeg will be a solid lineman for us, I really think he will only get better and we may see him at LT sooner than later and move Costanzo to RT. Good has all the physical tools he just needs to get better and Clark is a total mystery if he cannot get into games with all the injuries. This line has just been a sore point with everyone for years and It may have to be a new GM making the calls to get the OL right

This is all just speculation but this season is over we cant get this ship straighten out 

No constanzo is a rt who over achieved 

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

Ok. me too....

We haven`t looked well coached for...  when was Arians in charge?

I would bet that Grigson didn`t find Rogers, his scouts did.
And i bet other teams also wanted Rogers, he just chose us as his best opportunity.
  I would at least try sending the bill to Grigson. Ya never know!

32 minutes ago, DougDew said:

"Fact that he is better..."  is not a fact. 

Knowledgeable GMs know that skill sets come with prices.  Collins is known for coverage, but is a bit light to be a consistent force in the other areas.  Which is why the Pats are letting him go.  He is not worth what he is asking.

Hah what? Chester is a better player than dorsett, period. 

Dorsett might have minisculey better stats so far but just look at the little things. Dorsett is injury prone so far, he fumbled yesterday, muffed a punt (so basically another fumble), and against the broncos he directly led to a Luck Pick. That route he ran and effort was just * poor; if you remember what I'm talking about. 

Collins is elite at what he does. There's a reason he's gonna get ridiculous money this free agency period. No team is as good as the Pats anyways, at anything . They're playing 3d chess out there while the rest of the league is still playing checkers. 

1 hour ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

I concur

2 hours ago, FACE REALITY said:

how much longer will luck be able to play with the hits he is taking? grigs has had five years to put a good line in front of luck and luck is still getting beat up. do we have time at this point in lucks career to wait for draft picks to develop, if they ever do ,before his prime years are gone? grigs has made the team worse every year with  his poor talent picking, grigs is wasting lucks career, he has got this team in a tight spot and as long he is gm we will have bad seasons

Grigs has made the team worse every year?

Is that why the team went further in the playoffs each of the their first three seasons?      Because they were getting worse?

Take a deep breath..........   if this season goes as badly as it appears it might,  then maybe Irsay makes a change at the end of the season.        Ride out the storm.     See what happens.

Then we can re-evaluate come January.......        That's called Facing Reality.

Mewhort, Kelly, possibly Haeg, and I still like good.  Philbin is supposed to be a good oline coach.  Trouble is this was started so recently, we may not see the payoff for another year or so.  Had we not had those four on our roster, then yes the cupboard is bare.  

AC is the bigger concern.  He is regressing and you certainly can't say it's because he doesn't have the experience. 

1 minute ago, cbear said:

Mewhort, Kelly, possibly Haeg, and I still like good.  Philbin is supposed to be a good oline coach.  Trouble is this was started so recently, we may not see the payoff for another year or so.  Had we not had those four on our roster, then yes the cupboard is bare.  

AC is the bigger concern.  He is regressing and you certainly can't say it's because he doesn't have the experience. 

Turning rookies into NFL-ready offensive linemen, in most cases, requires a full year of play, and 2 offseasons, minimum. Ryan Kelly is an outlier, but Haeg is right there too. Leravean Clark and Denzelle Good are going to take their lumps and it's going to require some patience before they can be counted on.

Drafting 4 o-linemen does not translate to an immediate upgrade in that area, they're going to have good games and bad games, plain and simple. That I can live with. However, I have no explanation for Anthony Castonzo at this point.

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You don't get it, they haven't rebuilt for over a decade. Their team isn't in the faze we were in. When they have a semi-solid team around them like they do and have had for 15 years, guys like Brady and Rodgers can carry them despite the low draft picks. When we have a team that got gutted just 5 years ago and have been picking late 4 out of 5 years, including missing on 3 straight 1st round picks, we can't compete with the big boys. Luck doesn't have that semi-solid team around him to help push us over the top. Brady and Rodgers have competence around them, in both players and coaching. We don't and Luck doesn't. If you don't get it by now, then it's confirmed you're just trolling, which it sounds like you are from most of your posts.

Another fan that has no idea what they are talking about.

Clue number one. The Colts also have not needed to rebuilt for a over a decade. See record here.

One bad year (hey Peyton got hurt) in 2011 does not really mean rebuilt.

I guess since 2002 the Colts never had talent around Peyton like Luck but still finished 1st in their division.

2 minutes ago, tfunky14 said:

Clue number one. The Colts also have not needed to rebuilt for a over a decade. See record here.

I guess since 2002 the Colts never had talent around Peyton like Luck but still finished 1st in their division.

Ok, you're trolling, have fun being the new laughingstock of the forum.

Just now, tfunky14 said:

No I'm not trolling, if anybody it's you..

The only thing laughable is your comments.

You don't even know that 2012 was a rebuild when half of our team went into free agency and we started over with a new qb and mostly UDFA's. You sound like a kid that normally talks off facebook. Maybe people there are more your style? Now go tell everybody here how we are going to beat GB in some weird reasoning only you find to be remotely accurate.

35 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Grigs has made the team worse every year?

Is that why the team went further in the playoffs each of the their first three seasons?      Because they were getting worse?

Take a deep breath..........   if this season goes as badly as it appears it might,  then maybe Irsay makes a change at the end of the season.        Ride out the storm.     See what happens.

Then we can re-evaluate come January.......        That's called Facing Reality.

Going 11-5 in Luck's first 3 seasons, as exciting and fun as it was, ultimately did force the FO to reach on some draft picks. Having an inexperienced GM pick in the high 20s was not a great recipe for success, he was way out of his league. The roster has suffered as a result.

Ideally, they would've had a couple of years of top 10 draft picks, but the team overachieved in those first 2-3 years in spite of what was ultimately a mediocre to bad roster. Now here we are hoping that they finish under .500 so they can get that top 10 pick and snag some blue chip talent. 

3 hours ago, FACE REALITY said:

how much longer will luck be able to play with the hits he is taking? grigs has had five years to put a good line in front of luck and luck is still getting beat up. do we have time at this point in lucks career to wait for draft picks to develop, if they ever do ,before his prime years are gone? grigs has made the team worse every year with  his poor talent picking, grigs is wasting lucks career, he has got this team in a tight spot and as long he is gm we will have bad seasons

its not just Grigson and finding hte talent is also about the schemes we have used. I wont pretend to know what a coach knows etc, but it seems a lot of 7 drops / deep drops that wont help the OL. Also there isnt seem to be a whole lot of hot routes or something to help vs blitzes

26 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You don't even know that 2012 was a rebuild when half of our team went into free agency and we started over with a new qb and mostly UDFA's. You sound like a kid that normally talks off facebook. Maybe people there are more your style? Now go tell everybody here how we are going to beat GB in some weird reasoning only you find to be remotely accurate.

Hey Mr. GM...FYI ....every year is a free agency year....wake up, it's today's NFL, it's been that way since the early 2000's.

With your NFL smarts it would mean every team goes into a rebuilding year in the off season.

Just now, tfunky14 said:

Hey Mr. GM...FYI ....every year is a free agency year....wake up, it's today's NFL, it's been that way since the early 2000's.

With your NFL smarts it would mean every team goes into a rebuilding year in the off season.

More than half the team, including Peyton Manning, doesn't go into Free Agency every year. Peyton had neck problems and we lost a lot of talent. Grigson just came in as well as Pagano. It was a whole new regime. Definitely not a normal year. Your posts have no bearing to anything I say, at all. It's like your parents or friends are telling you how to react when you tell them what I'm saying or something. Are you really this oblivious of a person?

46 minutes ago, tfunky14 said:

We gutted the roster after 2011 and we were in cap hell yes we had to rebuild idk what the hell you are smoking 

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

More than half the team, including Peyton Manning, doesn't go into Free Agency every year. Peyton had neck problems and we lost a lot of talent. Grigson just came in as well as Pagano. It was a whole new regime. Definitely not a normal year. Your posts have no bearing to anything I say, at all. It's like your parents or friends are telling you how to react when you tell them what I'm saying or something. Are you really this oblivious of a person?

He is one of the biggest Homers on here. his blue tinted glasses are very very dark blue