Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

clock is ticking (Fire Everyone merge)

FanFromtheWasteland

1 hour ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Hah what? Chester is a better player than dorsett, period. 

Dorsett might have minisculey better stats so far but just look at the little things. Dorsett is injury prone so far, he fumbled yesterday, muffed a punt (so basically another fumble), and against the broncos he directly led to a Luck Pick. That route he ran and effort was just * poor; if you remember what I'm talking about. 

Collins is elite at what he does. There's a reason he's gonna get ridiculous money this free agency period. No team is as good as the Pats anyways, at anything . They're playing 3d chess out there while the rest of the league is still playing checkers. 

So Dorsett would have been a UDFA if Grigson didn't draft him in the first round?  No other team would have drafted him at all coming out of Miami? 

And Rogers stinks, right, no better than any other WR who was drafted this year, which is why other GMs didn't draft him at all or sign him? 

So other GMs are better because they knew that neither Rogers or Dorsett were worth drafting. 

As far as Collins:  For for the record, you think Grigson failed as a GM when he didn't outbid Cleveland for Collins' services for the remainder of the year to be in position to offer him a market contract this season or franchise him this spring, correct?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

More than half the team, including Peyton Manning, doesn't go into Free Agency every year. Peyton had neck problems and we lost a lot of talent. Grigson just came in as well as Pagano. It was a whole new regime. Definitely not a normal year. Your posts have no bearing to anything I say, at all. It's like your parents or friends are telling you how to react when you tell them what I'm saying or something. Are you really this oblivious of a person?

Why reply to obvious bait?

17 minutes ago, Mameluc said:

its not just Grigson and finding hte talent is also about the schemes we have used. I wont pretend to know what a coach knows etc, but it seems a lot of 7 drops / deep drops that wont help the OL. Also there isnt seem to be a whole lot of hot routes or something to help vs blitzes

Yup. The OL isn't great, but the play calling isn't doing them any favors. 

I know we don't have the greatest coaching staff, but how hard is it for a staff to recognize that you can take pressure off of your young, injury affected line, and your QB, by speeding up your passing concepts, running slants, screens, pick plays, etc. I don't need the offense to be run like the 2011 Patriots, but if they hit more quickly, it would open up the rest of the offense. 

I've been asking for slants, screens and pick plays since 2012. At least we're getting more play action now. 

I think you give your all at your job no matter how bad your bosses may be.

And when the time comes when your boss gets fired, and you haven't given your all, you should be right behind your boss on the way out of the door, because you were also part of the problem as far as I'm concerned.

32 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

More than half the team, including Peyton Manning, doesn't go into Free Agency every year. Peyton had neck problems and we lost a lot of talent. Grigson just came in as well as Pagano. It was a whole new regime. Definitely not a normal year. Your posts have no bearing to anything I say, at all. It's like your parents or friends are telling you how to react when you tell them what I'm saying or something. Are you really this oblivious of a person?

I'm not oblivious, only the people who can't see past their stomachs.

Do me a favor and tell me the Colts final record in the years 2012, 2013 and 2014?

Heck give me the record in 2015 when A. Luck missed most of the season.

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

So Dorsett would have been a UDFA if Grigson didn't draft him in the first round?  No other team would have drafted him at all coming out of Miami? 

And Rogers stinks, right, no better than any other WR who was drafted this year, which is why other GMs didn't draft him at all or sign him? 

So other GMs are better because they knew that neither Rogers or Dorsett were worth drafting. 

As far as Collins:  For for the record, you think Grigson failed as a GM when he didn't outbid Cleveland for Collins' services for the remainder of the year to be in position to offer him a market contract this season or franchise him this spring, correct?

No. I'm saying it would have been a good move to trade that third for him but I'm not going to criticize him for not doing it. It's not like had the opportunity to. 

Grigson is stupid for looking at our team needs and drafting a receiver lIke Dorsett with such a valuable pick. 

1). Reciever is unnecessary in the first round when we had Hilton and Moncrief

2). Dorsett isn't even a 1st round talent wr. All's he had was speed. Had issues catching the ball, played small and wasn't a developed route runner.

Many people said these things abouf Dorsett on this board. and none of us are gms. Looks like we were right 

• Nadine locked this topic
3 hours ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Hah what? Chester is a better player than dorsett, period

Dorsett might have minisculey better stats so far but just look at the little things. Dorsett is injury prone so far, he fumbled yesterday, muffed a punt (so basically another fumble), and against the broncos he directly led to a Luck Pick. That route he ran and effort was just * poor; if you remember what I'm talking about. 

1) Chester Rogers has Andrew Luck as his QB, and hasn't even scored a TD yet, with nickel CBs single-covering him every game, so I'm not sold that he's better than ANY of our WRs. And if turns out that he actually is, that's a good thing IMO, not bad.

2) If you've watched this team's injury report this season, which I'm sure you have, then you know that Dorsett may legitimately be one of the least injury-prone starters that we have. Vontae Davis, Donte Moncrief, Henry Anderson, Dwayne Allen, Jack Mewhort, Clayton Geathers, Kendall Langford, Patrick Robinson, and Joe Reitz have all struggled with more injuries than Dorsett has. He's a picture of clean health next to ALL those guys.

3) Luck throwing that terrible pass in Denver led to the pick, very similar to the pick he threw this past Sunday. The best thing that could've possibly happened for the Colts on that play would've been Dorsett knocking it down, as it wasn't really a catchable pass.

• Nadine unlocked this topic
52 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

2). Dorsett isn't even a 1st round talent wr. All's he had was speed. Had issues catching the ball, played small

Time will tell on Dorsett. IMO, they aren't using him right at all, but that doesn't speak well for the pick, all things considered.

However, the two bolded items are very wrong. Very wrong. Dorsett had ONE drop in 2014 at Miami, and only a handful in his previous couple seasons. That's with a freshman QB (who, by the way, still struggles with timing and accuracy). Dorsett had NO problems catching the ball.

And in college, Dorsett played bigger than Moncrief. He already high points the ball as well as anyone else on the Colts roster, and showed that at Miami as well.

Again, knock the pick if you will, but not on the basis of those two things, because they're totally untrue.

8 minutes ago, Superman said:

Time will tell on Dorsett. IMO, they aren't using him right at all, but that doesn't speak well for the pick, all things considered.

However, the two bolded items are very wrong. Very wrong. Dorsett had ONE drop in 2014 at Miami, and only a handful in his previous couple seasons. That's with a freshman QB (who, by the way, still struggles with timing and accuracy). Dorsett had NO problems catching the ball.

And in college, Dorsett played bigger than Moncrief. He already high points the ball as well as anyone else on the Colts roster, and showed that at Miami as well.

Again, knock the pick if you will, but not on the basis of those two things, because they're totally untrue.

No he does not high point the ball well. Jesus, just watch the kid play. He's a lazy route runner and complete bust. 

I'm sick of arguing with people who can't just watch what's in front of them. He's trending towards the Richardson, Werner/every other grigson bust camp. People on the forum watch them perform miserably, defend them with all sorts of reaching arguments, tell people they nneed at least 3years to fairly judge, and then not a peep from them when management cuts ties with them. 

Yeah while they're here you have to root for them. But I'd rather focus attention on the other guys playing receiver instead of half the forums topics being bash/defend Dorsett.  

20 hours ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

I don’t know about the rest of you but I say no. If they don’t show improvement or capability to do their job, but still have control, why should I give my full effort?  I am seeing this attitude in the Colts as of now, and I don’t blame the players.

Grigson has had 5 years to do something with this team and has epically failed. TY you say? Davis you say? Well my answer is this. There is an old farmers saying “even a blind sow finds an acorn once in awhile”

Pagano has had 4 years to do something with this team and he has squandered the talent that he has had. I do lay most of the blame on Grigson for who he has brought in as players but Pagano was supposed to have been the motivator, teacher and defensive guru,  and he most likely brought in the underling coaches. I see no motivation or skill anywhere anymore.

Why would it be so terrible to can Grigson and Pagano now. Why waste any more time? A GM at this point in the season is meaningless anyway. We have the players we have, so cut the dead weight. Pagano is a lame duck and has that same look on his face that Mora and Caldwell had on their faces right before they were canned. The look of befuddlement. Can anyone else be any worse at this point? It’s not like this team is going anywhere this year and if the rest of the organization sees the top two people are expendable, wouldn’t that light a fire under your behind to do better? It would mine.

Whoa, things must be tough in the "wasteland."

29 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

No he does not high point the ball well. Jesus, just watch the kid play. He's a lazy route runner and complete bust. 

I'm sick of arguing with people who can't just watch what's in front of them. He's trending towards the Richardson, Werner/every other grigson bust camp. People on the forum watch them perform miserably, defend them with all sorts of reaching arguments, tell people they nneed at least 3years to fairly judge, and then not a peep from them when management cuts ties with them. 

Yeah while they're here you have to root for them. But I'd rather focus attention on the other guys playing receiver instead of half the forums topics being bash/defend Dorsett.  

You might need glasses bud.

i've seen him "high point" the ball more than Hilton actually.

the kid has skills and he CATCHES the ball.

its BY NO MEANS Dorsett's fault our record is what it is.

he should be used to stretch the field, and he's not.

give the kid a chance.  Moncrief wasn't setting the league on fire right away either.

the Richardson comparison is not even close and is, quite honestly, getting old.  Actually, the Trent "hate" has been old tor a couple years.  

It serves no one well to live on n the past.

1 hour ago, Nadine said:

In order to group similar complaints, this thread is designated the all purpose FIRE EVERYONE NOW thread)  Further threads like this will be merged into it

Can't you "merge" them all into the trash can?

after all, thats where they belong.

Just now, WoolMagnet said:

I know, just trying to lighten the mood.

u have a thankless job.

You know, I get so immune sometimes I don't notice it when things have gone too far.  My thanks to the posters today who asked for a change.  We really are trying!

8 hours ago, Nadine said:

Agree

Especially about protecting Luck.  That is one thing that makes me angry.  5 years and we cannot do that.

That, and the penalties make me crazy. I'm not against changing management.  I just don't feel like it would be good for the players to do so immediately.  If it would mean that luck was protected I'd say yes.  If it meant an end to the penalties immediately, I'd say yes.

The penalties with this team drive me crazier than anything. It has to be demoralizing to the offense and Luck every time they make a big play it gets wiped out with a yellow flag. Like this past games TD throw to Moncrief that got wiped out. It clearly flustered Luck, thats the angriest I think I've seen him after a play.

55 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

LOL

People who can't watch what's in front of them, huh...

Going up to get it:

CourageousCheapElkhound.gif

Route running:

http://zippy.gfycat.com/DistantConsiderateImperatorangel.webm 

You don't know what you're talking about. 

And this is not a defense of Dorsett. It's a statement of fact. He might turn out to be awful, that's irrelevant to the point I'm making. He has shown the ability to make plays on the ball in the air, he'll come across the middle and run with the ball after the catch, and while he's not a refined route runner, he's far from a lazy route runner. Again, he might be the worst player in the history of the NFL, but none of what you're saying about him is true.

10 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

The penalties with this team drive me crazier than anything. It has to be demoralizing to the offense and Luck every time they make a big play it gets wiped out with a yellow flag. Like this past games TD throw to Moncrief that got wiped out. It clearly flustered Luck, thats the angriest I think I've seen him after a play.

It's kind of funny, before Deflategate we rarely had Penalties called on us that were costly. Since that happened, last season and especially this season almost every time we make a big important play it gets wiped out. Luck had a TD get wiped out and a 40 Yard pass to TY get wiped out as well. Against Tennessee the bad calls were so glaring that it looked rigged, because we still won it got swept under the rug. Something fishy seems to be going on with the REFS.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's kind of funny, before Deflategate we rarely had Penalties called on us that were costly. Since that happened, last season and especially this season almost every time we make a big important play it gets wiped out. Luck had a TD get wiped out and a 40 Yard pass to TY get wiped out as well. Against Tennessee the bad calls were so glaring that it looked rigged, because we still won it got swept under the rug. Something fishy seems to be going on with the REFS.

The officiating in the Titans game was shameful. I hope Irsay sent the NFL a complaint letter about it. 

56 minutes ago, Nadine said:

You know, I get so immune sometimes I don't notice it when things have gone too far.  My thanks to the posters today who asked for a change.  We really are trying!

You guys do a good job.  You can't please everyone.  ESPECIALLY in a season like this (which is starting to become the norm it seems).

1 minute ago, WoolMagnet said:

You guys do a good job.  You can't please everyone.  ESPECIALLY in a season like this (which is starting to become the norm it seems).

Yeah glad I could join the Site over the last 2 years when we are playing bad so I can bark at all of the negative posters (SARCASM). Figures I wasn't  in here in 2014 when we were rolling, I am here when we stink haha 

5 hours ago, Superman said:

Yup. The OL isn't great, but the play calling isn't doing them any favors. 

I know we don't have the greatest coaching staff, but how hard is it for a staff to recognize that you can take pressure off of your young, injury affected line, and your QB, by speeding up your passing concepts, running slants, screens, pick plays, etc. I don't need the offense to be run like the 2011 Patriots, but if they hit more quickly, it would open up the rest of the offense. 

I've been asking for slants, screens and pick plays since 2012. At least we're getting more play action now. 

I concur

36 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah glad I could join the Site over the last 2 years when we are playing bad so I can bark at all of the negative posters (SARCASM). Figures I wasn't  in here in 2014 when we were rolling, I am here when we stink haha 

2006 was a GREAT time to be here

22 hours ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

I don’t know about the rest of you but I say no. If they don’t show improvement or capability to do their job, but still have control, why should I give my full effort?  I am seeing this attitude in the Colts as of now, and I don’t blame the players.

Grigson has had 5 years to do something with this team and has epically failed. TY you say? Davis you say? Well my answer is this. There is an old farmers saying “even a blind sow finds an acorn once in awhile”

Pagano has had 4 years to do something with this team and he has squandered the talent that he has had. I do lay most of the blame on Grigson for who he has brought in as players but Pagano was supposed to have been the motivator, teacher and defensive guru,  and he most likely brought in the underling coaches. I see no motivation or skill anywhere anymore.

Why would it be so terrible to can Grigson and Pagano now. Why waste any more time? A GM at this point in the season is meaningless anyway. We have the players we have, so cut the dead weight. Pagano is a lame duck and has that same look on his face that Mora and Caldwell had on their faces right before they were canned. The look of befuddlement. Can anyone else be any worse at this point? It’s not like this team is going anywhere this year and if the rest of the organization sees the top two people are expendable, wouldn’t that light a fire under your behind to do better? It would mine.

I'm not a big fan of the "Fire everyone" movement.     Never have been.    In most every case.

There are quality people inside the organization.     Firing everyone is the equivalent of throwing out the baby with the bath water.

If we manage to get Saban to come in,  then that's one thing.

But if we're just firing Grigson and Pagano,  then odds are we'll lose other good people too, and I'd like to try and avoid that if at all possible.