Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning, Irsay & Kravitz Saga (Mega Merge)

Case

What is the big deal about a columnist saying what he feels. Not sure I understand. Isn't that his job

Just sayin I have seen alot of your posts and from what i have read it just seems like you think he just another Painter. IMO that my take on your posts. I'm allowed an opinion too.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luck might be able to have someday what Peyton consistently never did. And this is a balanced team.

The future is so bright I gotta wear shades.

I just feel like the times they might be a changin.

We'll see.

I would love to see the Colts build a true team who can compete every year for a title. Not just be the Peyton Manning's. Because lets face.....this was a one man team in so many ways. I blame much of it on NaPolian.

That is my hope for the Luck era. A more complete and balance Colts team that is better positioned to make a run at multiple championships. It's sad that Peyton never got this during his time here. Polian had his faults but the Manning era overall was still one of the golden eras of Colts football IMO. He deserves credit for what he did here basically helping to elevate Indy football from obscurity to relevance. His ultimate undoing was his passion for his son's career started to supercede his ability to determine what was in the best interest of the franchise. If it wasn't for his obsession with setting up Chris Polian to take over everything, Bill would probably still be here.

That said, I like the new direction the front office is moving in. Grigson has been impressive and I loved what I got to know of Pagano from the press conference today.

This is not some fight. Manning is experiencing a cleaning of house including close friends, some of which even saw his twins baptized. That's not something to hold to a grain of salt. Irsay understands that and with him being the one that has experienced a cleaning of house before will know what to do. These guys are beyond close and without each other neither would be who they are today. Trust this will work out, as both have already stated they will talk this out.

Well first there shouldn't be an argument about this at all. See how the media drove a wedge between possibly the closest player/owner relationship? And most of you listen to them on other issues.

I was going to say this. Kravitz is a muckraker. He is seriously TMZ Bob right now and using this situation for his own personal gain. I used to enjoy some of his articles, but I have really soured on him lately.

In this whole debate between Irsay and Peyton, who do you agree with?

Personally, I agree with Peyton on this because he didnt do anything wrong and Irsay is being really absurd about the whole thing.

Let the discussion begin!

I think the answer is not quite as clear cut.

When examined, neither party was accurate enough in their communication with the media, to prevent misinterpretation.

I will always be on Peyton's side. Irsay is trying to become a celebrity owner. He is tweeting all the time and wants to keep his name in the media. I would prefer an owner who just stays behind the scenes and lets those who know the game make decisions.

I am on both of their sides and I see Kravitz on the outside. He had his chance and blew it. Don't know why he just can't report what he is told without turning it into a soap opera but I am fed up with him right now.

No doubt in my mind Irsay and Peyton have strong bonds and they will work this out. It's not that big of an issue. Kravitz oversensationalized it.

I am not a huge Kravitz fan. But, he is right to call Irsay out on this. Was what Irsay said that bad. Not really. But, I think his twittering everything on his mind is starting to rub some people the wrong way. Irsay cant be so open to putting the Colts business out to anyone that will listen, and then try to tell Peyton, to be blunt, shut the H up. Really, this guy is going to say that to his "family". First off, Peyton said nothing that was disrespectful. He was just saying he felt bad and the enviroment around there sucks. I am sure it does. This dude is trying to get healthy and you fire the person working with him? The strength and conditioning coach might have needed to go, but was it so important to let him go in the middle of Peytons rehab. I think Peyton was starting to feel isolated from the head office. It really has sounded like Irsay and Grigs were shutting him out. Thats fine, he is just a player. But, then except that a player has feelings and can only take so much. Especially one that has done so much for your franchise.

I am on the side where both Irsay and Manning sit down face to face and have a real hard talk about where they each see the current situation and discuss where they want the relatonship to go in the future and hopefully it involves several more years of Manning leading the Colts to more championships.

This type of stuff is bad, very bad. Picking "sides" between an owner of an NFL franchise (through which hundredes of players will pass...hopefully for the sake of him/her owner) and a legendary player is a lose-lose situation...ESPECIALLY for fans of the team they are BOTH currently a part of.

The thing with professional sports, in any game, in any league, is that it is a business. Pro athletes (if they're good/lucky enough) come and go. But the business (the TEAM) goes on, with new players, coaches, GMs, etc. Think Yankees, 49ers, Chicago Bulls w/Jordan, etc.

A player with a good head on his shoulders knows the "window" he has. He plays, works, plans in accordance with the knowledge that one day, sooner rather than later he'll be DONE as a pro. Then he has to go about the rest of his life. But, the TEAM still goes on and will go on until the OWNER himself/herself decides not to, or decides to sell, or just simply edit up royally.

COLTS FANS, I beg you, as a fellow fan... please don't take part in ANY of this junk. It does NO GOOD. I LOVE Peyton Manning and I always will...for what he did for my team...which was BAD save for the year that Harbaugh got us to the AFC game. But his time here is done. Accept it and move forward with your TEAM.

Have you ever played a sport? Issues like this should be kept in house, both by the player and the owner. Comparing Irsay to Jones is comical, other than the fact that they are both owners. As for as loyalty goes, Irsay showed a lot of loyalty with that $26 million last year.

I have played sports. HAVE YOU?! The comparison to Jones is on target. Jones got rid of all his best folks and hasn't won superbowl in how long?!! I can't hear you. If you had ever played on successful teams you would know the energy between a player and the other personnel is key. As for the 26 mil, Irsay paid PM, was what he was owed according to his contract. What did Irsay make from PM services? He didn't do him any favors. Let's see how comical the comparison is when a new qb comes in and has to listen to impatient Colt fans. Incidentally, I pay to see PM take the field not Irsay.

I am not a huge Kravitz fan. But, he is right to call Irsay out on this. Was what Irsay said that bad. Not really. But, I think his twittering everything on his mind is starting to rub some people the wrong way. Irsay cant be so open to putting the Colts business out to anyone that will listen, and then try to tell Peyton, to be blunt, shut the H up. Really, this guy is going to say that to his "family". First off, Peyton said nothing that was disrespectful. He was just saying he felt bad and the enviroment around there sucks. I am sure it does. This dude is trying to get healthy and you fire the person working with him? The strength and conditioning coach might have needed to go, but was it so important to let him go in the middle of Peytons rehab. I think Peyton was starting to feel isolated from the head office. It really has sounded like Irsay and Grigs were shutting him out. Thats fine, he is just a player. But, then except that a player has feelings and can only take so much. Especially one that has done so much for your franchise.

i agree 100%...if they are going to terminate his emplyoment. do it now so peyton can weigh his options and move on irsay owes him that..

imo i think peyton should not have given the second interview and went straight to irsay's office in the morning or to his house and ironed this out once and for all..i know alot is going on now but your franchise quaterback should be kept in the loop.

That's a good point, but Irsay shouldn't have addressed it publically. If what Manning did was so horrible, Irsay just compounded it. This is going to be an ugly divorce.

I will always be on Peyton's side. Irsay is trying to become a celebrity owner. He is tweeting all the time and wants to keep his name in the media. I would prefer an owner who just stays behind the scenes and lets those who know the game make decisions.

No...he is not. Yes he is in touch with new media, but he is not trying to become "Jerrah Jones"...he has been doing the tweeting thing b/c Polian would never give out an pertinent info. He is NOT his father, or J. Jones...Do you ever see him on the field talking to the HC? NO! Do you ever see him on the field during the game?? NO!!! Yes he does tweet stuff, but he isn't trying to become Jerrah Jones...He is simply cleaning house, which needed to be done this year. The spat between him and Manning was mostly media driven...That I hate....

What peyton said wasnt wrong at all, if anything i think irsay is trying to find anything to justify more so what they will have to do with peyton.. from the way fans are talking some are not ready for peyton to leave and thats understandable i guess..

But its common sense and its well known, irsay has said he's gonna draft Griffin or Luck.. there is no way you can keep peyton and Luck or Griffin on the roster and still field a team to contend for the superbowl.. it just cant happen.

The colts will release peyton

It's over...

Like I said in another post.. both sides are doin their darn best to come out looking like the "good guy" ...

Sad to see it end this way.... but..... Jim wanted his team back, now he has it.

agree..the bad thing is irsay is the one looking bad in all this in my opinion..firing his strength coach without a replacement,keeping peyton out of the loop,new gm avoiding peyton ect. i own a company and keep my best employees happy so they don't want to leave, guess jim don't look at it that way..

What peyton said wasnt wrong at all, if anything i think irsay is trying to find anything to justify more so what they will have to do with peyton.. from the way fans are talking some are not ready for peyton to leave and thats understandable i guess..

But its common sense and its well known, irsay has said he's gonna draft Griffin or Luck.. there is no way you can keep peyton and Luck or Griffin on the roster and still field a team to contend for the superbowl.. it just cant happen.

The colts will release peyton

salary cap wise, it most certainly can happen. Luck's salary cap # for next year wont be much different than Collins + Painter + Orlovski's this past season