Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning, Irsay & Kravitz Saga (Mega Merge)

Case

Did you just read the first line?

No, I read it all. I'm just still confused about how one could come to the conclusion that Manning has in any way shape or form been mistreated by the Colts organization.

We've made him a demi god here and paid him several hundred million dollars in the process.

If that's being mistreated, sign me up.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I read it all. I'm just still confused about how one could come to the conclusion that Manning has in any way shape or form been mistreated by the Colts organization.

We've made him a demi god here and paid him several hundred million dollars in the process.

Me too.

Your tone certainly doesn't match Irsay's tone. He didn't call him names, he said he was a politician, as in he usually keeps things close to the vest. He expressed he wish Peyton did the same here.

There was no name calling or even anger in his voice.

Yeah calling him a politician and telling him to keep it in the family TO the media?.

Did you even see what Peyton said?. He didnt accuse anyone, he just expressed his sadness. He didnt say what Jim did was right or wrong.

You dont go to media and call your player a politician.

I remember Peyton saying almost the exact same thing ("I'd prefer to keep it in house") when Mudd and Moore left the team, so I see how it can be interpreted as hypocritical

Yeah - I've always thought that Peyton should have been more outspoken years ago.

Really?  I thought my (and others' like mine) taxes built it?   Do you have a link that shows how much $ Peyton and Jimmy kicked in from their pocket?    TIA!

Another one that didn't have to duck.. Congrats.

Well I have to agree with another poster Irsay didn't keep his comments in house either so he's showing double standards if this is all the truth so to speak. JMO

Do you suppose it was the comments he made at the press conference that prompted Kravitz to assert that Irsay was mad at Manning.

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/MANNING-A-MEDICAL-MATTER/baf186c5-902e-4ea4-a3a8-3fa39e7ad5a2

I didn't have that impression listening to the press conference and I don't have that impression reading it either

Agreed, indeed. He has enough money for his grandkids to be rich beyond belief. It just plain boggles my mind how people think that a FB jock worth 200-300-400MM has been mis-treated.

Please, Oh Please, God - mistreat me in this manner!

Yeah calling him a politician and telling him to keep it in the family TO the media?.

Did you even see what Peyton said?. He didnt accuse anyone, he just expressed his sadness. He didnt say what Jim did was right or wrong.

Irsay didn't accuse Manning of anything and you took the politician line out of context. He said he Peyton is a politician AS IN HE KEEPS THINGS UNDER WRAPS USUALLY. That's is not name calling but hey if your looking for drama, you will see drama.

What specically?

Was it the 250 million dollars or so he was paid during his time here? The constant use of first round picks on offensive skill positions so he would have only the best wide recievers and running backs? The complete control he was given over the offense? The God like status he was elevated to in the city?

How exactly has Peyton been so mistreated?

He built the city in the only sport it has ever succeeded in. And they want to just throw it all away. Peyton's legacy will not look the same if he leaves with another team.

Lucas Oil Stadium would NEVER EVER in a million years exist without Peyton. Now to take all that away and hand it all away and put it in the hands of a quarterback who is questionable is just wrong

Agreed, indeed. He has enough money for his grandkids to be rich beyond belief. It just plain boggles my mind how people think that a FB jock worth 200-300-400MM has been mis-treated.

Please, Oh Please, God - mistreat me in this manner!

and just how much has the city and the colts made off of peytons name???

Yeah, and you don't give an interview that's going to get 24 hour news play telling the world you don't like the new direction your boss is taking the organization. Because let's be honest, that's exactly what he did. That whole line about "this isn't a good place for healing right now..." what possible good could that serve? Why the need to tell the world everyone is "walking on egg shells?"

You want to get upset with Jim for speaking out on the subject, then you need to get upset with Peyton too because it was his whole interview that started this nonsense. And you know what? Jim is right, Peyton IS being a politician here. He can say he doesn't want to turn this into a fan war against the owner, but that's PRECISELY what happened.

Listen, I love Peyton and all he's done for us. I'm hoping he's back under center next year and retires as a Colt. But he's not infailable and he has his own part to play in the mess.

It seems the point went right over your head..He's the reason they are STILL in INDY..Draft Ryan Leaf and it's the L.A. Colts at this point. There wouldn't be a LOS aka, the House that Peyton Built. The RCA dome would still be standing.The 2nd part of your post. It would depend on his health. If he's healthy, I roll with 18 and sign/draft/trade for a QB when he retires. If he's not then I look at various scenarios that would benefit the team the most.

You're the one that doesn't get it, MEAT. The deal is the deal. The City of Indianapolis uses LOS more than the Colts do....and it was a joint venture to built both it and the Indianan Convention Center simultaneously. Together, the first ten years they're up and operating the gross is about 1B. It goes beyond the Manning era. Going back further, In 1982 the Hoosier Dome went under construction to "attract" an NFL franchise & it just happened the Colts were in the market round about that time because of long standing issues with Baltimore - you do the guess work. At best, it's "the house that Manning helped build."

Talk about politics, sheesh don't put in yer bid for Mayor any time soon.

Really? I thought my (and others' like mine) taxes built it? Do you have a link that shows how much $ Peyton and Jimmy kicked in from their pocket? TIA!

LOS is never built without Manning. But your right the taxpayers paid for it and Manning and Irsay kicked in the same amount from their pocket. In fact, Irsay gets paid revenue from LOS events that have nothing to do with Colts games so he's making money from LOS when he never paid for it. I put this in another thread. In 1999 the Colts were worth 305 million..by 2008 the value was over 1 billion. I think Manning had a lot more to do with that than Irsay.

He built the city in the only sport it has ever succeeded in. And they want to just throw it all away. Peyton's legacy will not look the same if he leaves with another team.

Lucas Oil Stadium would NEVER EVER in a million years exist without Peyton. Now to take all that away and hand it all away and put it in the hands of a quarterback who is questionable is just wrong

And again, he's been more than compensated for all he's done here.

Name me one player who has recieved even close to what Peyton has from one organization.

I'm not even saying he doesn't deserve it. I don't begrudge him a single thing he has. But to claim he's been mistreated is nonsense.

And again, he's been more than compensated for all he's done here.

Name me one player who has recieved even close to what Peyton has from one organization.

I'm not even saying he doesn't deserve it. I don't begrudge him a single thing he has. But to claim he's been mistreated is nonsense.

Is anyone saying he's been mistreated for any time other than the present?

You're the one that doesn't get it, MEAT.  The deal is the deal.  The City of Indianapolis uses LOS more than the Colts do....and it was a joint venture to built both it and the Indianan Convention Center simultaneously.  Together, the first ten years they're up and operating the gross is about 1B.  It goes beyond the Manning era.  Going back further, In 1982 the Hoosier Dome went under construction to "attract" an NFL franchise & it just happened the Colts were in the market round about that time because of long standing issues with Baltimore - you do the guess work.  At best, it's "the house that Manning helped build."

While that might be true, if Peyton Manning doesn't become a Colt, and lead them to the success that they have had, then this team would have been moved long ago to LA. There might be a replacment to the RCA dome, which would be used by the City, NCAA, etc, but it most certainly wouldn't be housing an NFL football team.Hence, LOS is the House that Peyton Built. If they would have drafted Ryan Leaf, or if Manning had been a bust, there is no Indianapolis Colts at this point.

You're the one that doesn't get it, MEAT. The deal is the deal. The City of Indianapolis uses LOS more than the Colts do....and it was a joint venture to built both it and the Indianan Convention Center simultaneously. Together, the first ten years they're up and operating the gross is about 1B. It goes beyond the Manning era. Going back further, In 1982 the Hoosier Dome went under construction to "attract" an NFL franchise & it just happened the Colts were in the market round about that time because of long standing issues with Baltimore - you do the guess work. At best, it's "the house that Manning helped build."

Again I would pub the WFYI and Indy Star show tonight called from Naptown to Super City on at 9:00 PM. It does a great job showing the story of just how important sports has been to downtown Indianapolis and how the city has grown thanks in large part to sports. It also tells the Indy side of the story with the "move". I am not trying to shove this down people's throats just really think it's worth watching for people who want to see just how important sports as a whole have been to the city of Indianapolis.

Too bad for you guys and for the Texans. I really wanted to shut up all the * saying we won the division because Manning was out. I also wanted to see JJ Watt, Antonio Smith, Brooks Reed, Connor Barwin, Brian Cushing, and DeMeco Ryans destroy Manning twice a year. Face it with Manning in you wont win the division but will be competitive because Manning is one of the best ever. Without Manning it will take 5-6 years for you to come back into contention for anything other than a top 5 pick.

LOS is never built without Manning. But your right the taxpayers paid for it and Manning and Irsay kicked in the same amount from their pocket. In fact, Irsay gets paid revenue from LOS events that have nothing to do with Colts games so he's making money from LOS when he never paid for it. I put this in another thread. In 1999 the Colts were worth 305 million..by 2008 the value was over 1 billion. I think Manning had a lot more to do with that than Irsay.

Sweet - what's the number that Manning and Irsay paid out of their pocket? $_______________

Yes actually.

I've seen multiple posts about how "poor peyton" was held back by the organization and how he'd have a zillion superbowl wins if only he'd gone somewhere else.

And now he's being mistreated because Jim Irsay is being forced to stare into the abyss and realize that at some point Peyton Manning isn't going to be here, but he still will and he's going to be responsible for putting a winning team out on the field.

Apparently happily giving Manning 26 million to not play a single game wasn't a big enough display of loyalty on our owner's part, I guess he has to commit to another 28 million without knowing if Manning can play again or else poor little Peyton is getting mistreated. Never mind the future of the franchise, we have to keep Peyton Manning happy at all costs.

Nonsense. Pure nonsense. Find me one player in the NFL who has been given more by a single franchise. Just one.

Too bad for you guys and for the Texans. I really wanted to shut up all the * saying we won the division because Manning was out. I also wanted to see JJ Watt, Antonio Smith, Brooks Reed, Connor Barwin, Brian Cushing, and DeMeco Ryans destroy Manning twice a year. Face it with Manning in you wont win the division but will be competitive because Manning is one of the best ever. Without Manning it will take 5-6 years for you to come back into contention for anything other than a top 5 pick.

You're just mad because Colts have the next elite QB coming in right after Manning. Colts won't be down for long. Get ready to take a back seat again.

You're just mad because Colts have the next elite QB coming in right after Manning. Colts won't be down for long. Get ready to take a back seat again.

haha delusional fan. He may be the next elite QB but to guarantee this is just stupid. Wasn't Ryan Leaf supposed to be the next big thing. See how that turned out.

bob kravitz just wants to tear down Indianapolis. In any way he can. PM said nothing out of school in that interview. ...and sounds like JMV is furthering it.

Tomorrow it'll be espn. It's kravtiz giving it the negative spin.

Exactly right, the man is doing his job at the expense of PM and Irsay's relationship.

haha delusional fan. He may be the next elite QB but to guarantee this is just stupid. Wasn't Ryan Leaf supposed to be the next big thing. See how that turned out.

The other side of this arguement is once apon a time Peyton Manning and John Elway were supposed to be the next big thing and look how they turned out...

I think that (1) growing up with a FB icon as Dad, (2) being a high-profile QB in college, (3) making a zillion dollars in Indy from the Colts and endorsements - is evidence enough that's he been mistreated his entire life! ...... NOT! :)

I didn't guarantee anything. Even you admit there is a chance he might be. So I'm saying just "get ready" to assume your usual position in the standings.