Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning, Irsay & Kravitz Saga (Mega Merge)

Case

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Per Irsay's words “We’ll work it through and we’ll work it through hand in hand, and we’ll talk and we’ll continue to talk as we get into February and get closer to the league year. That’s kind of where it stands right now.” doesn't sound like he is ready to dump him to me! If 18 is ready to play Irsay would be foolish to think Luck could do it better!

The reason this is upsetting people is because they know deep down that Kravitz is right about Manning. If they truely believed that Manning will be here no doubt about it, this would not bother them at all.

Hey no need to speculate what's in my head, I'll just tell you. I think Bob is a creep and he pushes his Luck only agenda like some of the posters here. Except I don't get angry at posters, they do not get Irsay's or Manning's ear, and can't really start any trouble. I can see now why Polian basically black balled him.

The reason this is upsetting people is because they know deep down that Kravitz is right about Manning. If they truely believed that Manning will be here no doubt about it, this would not bother them at all.

Just like last season when Kravitz was spouting off about how Austin Collie HAD to retire or face certain death on the field when he was hit...

He/the media rely on making the most attention grabbing "news" to get viewers/readers etc...and you all (and myself at times) fall right into their laps...

But last i checked, Austin Collie played the entire season with out any lingering effects...yet NO ONE in the media wrote a single story about Collie and how great it was that he has regained his health? NOT ONE SINGLE STORY?!?!?! After the entire season and off season last year harping on the situation?

Why is it the top story when its negative, yet it doesnt even warrant one single article once it is no longer a negative situation?

Just like last season when Kravitz was spouting off about how Austin Collie HAD to retire or face certain death on the field when he was hit...

He/the media rely on making the most attention grabbing "news" to get viewers/readers etc...and you all (and myself at times) fall right into their laps...

But last i checked, Austin Collie played the entire season with out any lingering effects...yet NO ONE in the media wrote a single story about Collie and how great it was that he has regained his health? NOT ONE SINGLE STORY?!?!?! After the entire season and off season last year harping on the situation?

Why is it the top story when its negative, yet it doesnt even warrant one single article once it is no longer a negative situation?

^This.

To my knowledge, there's no audio/video of the PM interview.

Then perhaps Irsay only knows what we do about that interview....meaning Kravitz's spin.

Odd that there would be tape of the Irsay conversation, but not the PM interview?

This^

You are greatly over-exaggerating. Kravitz simply suggested Collie should look into his health long term and see if he should retire. When you have multiple concussions, there are concerns for long term health problems.

Krav just tweeted he has an interview with Irsay and he's very upset with pm saying he should of kept his comments in the house and. Called him a politician.

Define irony: Irsay talking about all this to the media and then saying Peyton should have kept it in house

You are greatly over-exaggerating. Kravitz simply suggested Collie should look into his health long term and see if he should retire. When you have multiple concussions, there are concerns for long term health problems.

am i the only one who sees the irony in someone saying that I am "over exaggerating" when talking about the KING of over exaggerating, Bob Kravitz?

I don't agree with everything Kravitz writes, but to get so upset about it and wish the he gets fired(like some do) is just silly and immature. He is just doing his job and just because people may not agree with what he says, its no reason to get so mad about it. Like I said, if you(or the others who dont like him) didn't believe that releasing Manning was a very real possibility, then it shouldn't bother you at all. I don't want to see the end of Mannings days here in Indy either, but I do realize that they probably are done. The writing has been on the wall since all the changes started happening and I even think Irsay has been trying to prepare people for it with some of the things he's said too. You just have to read between the lines and comprehend what he's saying.

So much ignorance just blind ignorance. This has nothing to do with ESPN. This is Kravitz interviewing Irsay. Why would the Colts be horrible without Manning? What is wrong with rebuilding?

Speaking of blindness (and ignorance), there is nothing wrong with rebuilding - when your house has fallen down. If the greatest QB in the history of the game is healthy, than you don't need to rebuild - you are a Super Bowl contender. It's nice that you have so much love for a college player, but why does that enthusiasm override your enthusiasm for everything that the Colts are without him? They may not even draft him for crying out loud. Are you just as enthusiastic about rebuilding with Griffin, or as a conservative (ie: boring beyond belief) team like the Ravens, or is your fetish restricted to one player. And even if it's the later, than perhaps you can understand people feeling the same way about Manning (who by the way actually IS a Colt, and last time I looked was in the middle of a spectacular career). If he's healthy, I want him back on the Colts, PERIOD.

am i the only one who sees the irony in someone saying that I am "over exaggerating" when talking about the KING of over exaggerating, Bob Kravitz?

actually I saw the irony in your post haha

I would love to see where Kravitz said collie would face death (on field or not) if he didn't retire.

That would be a good idea but remember Kravitz will be writing the article and for that reason I don't want to count on the star. JMO

Who knows, maybe he is telling the flat out truth?

It just does not seem likely to me at this point. I need more data

Speaking of blindness (and ignorance), there is nothing wrong with rebuilding - when your house has fallen down. If the greatest QB in the history of the game is healthy, than you don't need to rebuild - you are a Super Bowl contender. It's nice that you have so much love for a college player, but why does that enthusiasm override your enthusiasm for everything that the Colts are without him? They may not even draft him for crying out loud. Are you just as enthusiastic about rebuilding with Griffin, or as a conservative (ie: boring beyond belief) team like the Ravens, or is your fetish restricted to one player. And even if it's the later, than perhaps you can understand people feeling the same way about Manning (who by the way actually IS a Colt, and last time I looked was in the middle of a spectacular career). If he's healthy, I want him back on the Colts, PERIOD.

Not only did your ad hominem attack fail immensly because my argument does not lose weight simply because I am a fan of a college quarterback, your rebuttal is filled with assumptions, from start to finish. Talk to me when Manning is healthy. As of now Manning is not healthy. Irsay is taking a quarterback #1 and you can pout and stomp your foot all you want but it won't help.

Kravitz did more than suggest that Collie look at his long term health. Kravitz stated his opinion that Collie should quit football.

Irsay is mad at Manning for Manning talking to Kravitz... so he then in turns talks to Kravitz instead of "keeping it in house".

Makes perfect sense.

Irsay did not give a one-on-one interview, he was speaking to a group of reporters, one of which was Kravitz. Personally, I think they should both stop talking to the press and just talk to each other. I am sure they have each others phone number.

Who knows, maybe he is telling the flat out truth?

It just does not seem likely to me at this point. I need more data

Well I have to agree with another poster Irsay didn't keep his comments in house either so he's showing double standards if this is all the truth so to speak. JMO

Kravitz did more than suggest that Collie look at his long term health. Kravitz stated his opinion that Collie should quit football.

thats kinda..what I said...you know. Telling a player to quit football based on having multiple concussions is not crazy talk.

I don't agree with everything Kravitz writes, but to get so upset about it and wish the he gets fired(like some do) is just silly and immature. He is just doing his job and just because people may not agree with what he says, its no reason to get so mad about it. Like I said, if you(or the others who dont like him) didn't believe that releasing Manning was a very real possibility, then it shouldn't bother you at all. I don't want to see the end of Mannings days here in Indy either, but I do realize that they probably are done. The writing has been on the wall since all the changes started happening and I even think Irsay has been trying to prepare people for it with some of the things he's said too. You just have to read between the lines and comprehend what he's saying.

instead of trying to read between the lines and comprehend what people are saying, perhaps you should instead listen to the words they actually say?

Such as Irsay saying that if Peyton is healthy, he's our QB...and Peyton saying that he wants to play his entire career in one place...or instead we can try to act as though these are all some sort of super cryptic clue laden tid bits straight out of some sort of spy super thriller movie

Not only did your ad hominem attack fail immensly because my argument does not lose weight simply because I am a fan of a college quarterback, your rebuttal is filled with assumptions, from start to finish. Talk to me when Manning is healthy. As of now Manning is not healthy. Irsay is taking a quarterback #1 and you can pout and stomp your foot all you want but it won't help.

I'm not assuming that Manning is healthy, I'm stating that IF he is healthy I want him back on the Colts. YOU are stating that you are the fan of a college football player and are expressing outright glee at the prospect of tossing Manning aside (while rudely miss-characterizing my intent). I take exception to all of it. I'm thinking, 15-17 maybe?

Irsay has got lot of nerve! Peyton is a grown man and can say what he wants to say. Must be very toxic there because Peyton has never spoken out before. The Colts are going the way of Dallas Cowboys. Meddling owner and wanna be celebrity owner, Jerry Jones/Jim Irsay. These meddling owners forget that they pay salaries and are not players themselves. If Manning goes I go. I think he has another super bowl in him. There is no loyalty anymore, even if you help build a team. Business or not loyalty is still important.

thats kinda..what I said...you know. Telling a player to quit football based on having multiple concussions is not crazy talk.

Telling a player to quit football for a lot of reasons is not crazy talk. However, it also does not make it a valid opinion or an opinion that needs to be expressed in the paper. The decision is up to the player not a columnist.