Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning, Irsay & Kravitz Saga (Mega Merge)

Case

I have never got all the Kravitz hate. So he says stuff some people don't agree with. Who cares? He don't bow down to the lovey dovey nonsense that people want to read. I happen to like the fact that he goes against the grain of the typical (yes men) reporters that are way too prevalent, espesially in the Indy market. The only reason people get upset with Kravitz is because he's not afraid to give an opinion that don't jive with a lot of peoples personel agenda's.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Irsay already knows he is going to release Manning then do it already. Why wait until March? Maybe he is waiting until after the Super Bowl to make the announcement, or he is really hoping that Manning can magically turn into the old Manning in a month.

"Denial isn't just a river in egypt"(Mark Twain).

like i said above, you can take anyone's words and spin it in any direction you like, if the person you're spinning it to didnt hear the actual conversation.

Kravitz has said himself that Peyton was in a happy go lucky mood, the most up beat he has seen him all year...yet the way he spun the interview, you would assume that everything was gloom and doom

The Colts have to win games/sell tickets.

Peyton gets paid no matter what.

Anyway, who really knows how in the dark Peyton Manning was anyway.

I think the fans have been in the dark.........first appearance by manning with the media.........in I don't know how long

so that made me raise my eyebrows a bit

In the interview Peyton sure acted like he didn't know anything that was going on with the FO. He sure acted like he was in the dark to me? Maybe that's why Irsay is upset.

In the interview Peyton sure acted like he didn't know anything that was going on with the FO. He sure acted like he was in the dark to me? Maybe that's why Irsay is upset.

OH, I see what you are saying.

Could be

Then again, nobody knew Peyton and his wife were expecting twins. So, he's not exactly mr. available.

So Irsay (and Grigson) apparently made Manning so uncomfortable that he reacted, and now Irsay is reacting with shock and dismay to the reaction. Can he now tell himself with a clear conscience that "it's in everybody's best interests - including Peyton - that they go their separate ways". It's not his fault anymore, even if that's what he wanted in the first place. And he's calling Peyton a politician?

Irsay and Kravitz have a pretty good relationship from what I've seen. I see no reason why Kravitzs would lie.

I don't care if he thinks or claims he has good relationships with anyone. All he cares about is writing stories whether its true or not, he's no different then ESPN, he should go work for them.

Some people just can't come to grips with the fact PM may be leaving Indy

Its sad. Every other post is someone grasping at straws trying to rationalize that Manning will still be a Colt this year. I don't think fans understand Mannings situation very well. Everyone seems to think he is some kind of god-like messiah who will magically heal by the time of the March 8th date (or be close enough to healthy) and that he will suit up, toss 30 - 40 TDs, 5k yards and the Colts will be back in the SB. Its the dream-scenario. Two words, Andrew Luck. Learn to love the guy because hes going to be here for a long time.

I don't care if he thinks or claims he has good relationships with anyone. All he cares about is writing stories whether its true or not, he's no different then ESPN, he should go work for them.

This. I'm starting to understand why Polian never talked to him.

I've been as hard on Kravitz as anyone has been here. I saw his tweets and took them with Kravitz pushing his agenda which has been since November Peyton Manning would not be a Colt next season.

Then I watched Channel 8's 5:00 news. They recorded Irsay's comments. Kravitz pretty much gave you what Irsay said word for word and will have more at 6.

Irsay is not happy about that interview at all. He went as far as to say he doesn't feel you bring issues on the horse shoe and that Peyton knows that and that he is very disapointed that Peyton didn't handle their business in house.

This is not sounding good right now. With that said I am loving how people flip flop on Irsay. First people loved him for firing the Polians. Then they hated him when they thought Caldwell was staying then once he fired Caldwell he was back to being loved and I can already tell that if he releases Peyton Manning (which I don't want to have happen) that people are going to flip on him again and hate him again.

When this is all cleared up, Irsay, Manning, and Pagano should black ball him!

Im so sick of ESPN acting like he's the ambassador of Indianapolis and speaks for the fans here. It almost seems like he's trying to spin even more now that he has ESPNs attention. He wants more and more.

If Irsay already knows he is going to release Manning then do it already. Why wait until March? Maybe he is waiting until after the Super Bowl to make the announcement, or he is really hoping that Manning can magically turn into the old Manning in a month.

I don't think Irsay is really certain what to do with Manning and is hoping the March physical will help him make his decision. I am thinking this thing is deteriorating fast and it looks more and more like Manning won't be back. Some of Manning's comments come off as pressuring Irsay to prove loyalty while Irsay would be foolish to pick up the option if Manning still isn't healthy. I agree with whoever said it was politicking and if Manning wants to play that game it will just make it easier for Irsay to push him out the door. I agree though, I would really just like to see this situation get settled. Funny thing is the only reason Irsay would wait is if he felt there was a chance he would pick up the option. If he had his mind set on letting Manning walk it would have already happened. Also he might want to renegotiate a more favorable contract, but with the way Manning is behaving it doesn't look like the case.

I've been as hard on Kravitz as anyone has been here. I saw his tweets and took them with Kravitz pushing his agenda which has been since November Peyton Manning would not be a Colt next season.

Then I watched Channel 8's 5:00 news. They recorded Irsay's comments. Kravitz pretty much gave you what Irsay said word for word and will have more at 6.

Irsay is not happy about that interview at all. He went as far as to say he doesn't feel you bring issues on the horse shoe and that Peyton knows that and that he is very disapointed that Peyton didn't handle their business in house.

This is not sounding good right now. With that said I am loving how people flip flop on Irsay. First people loved him for firing the Polians. Then they hated him when they thought Caldwell was staying then once he fired Caldwell he was back to being loved and I can already tell that if he releases Peyton Manning (which I don't want to have happen) that people are going to flip on him again and hate him again.

Thank you, a well thought out post. There is this love-hate relationship that I dont understand.

Yeesh. I was watching channel 13. They didn't say a thing about it. Just switched to channel 8.

Its sad. Every other post is someone grasping at straws trying to rationalize that Manning will still be a Colt this year. I don't think fans understand Mannings situation very well. Everyone seems to think he is some kind of god-like messiah who will magically heal by the time of the March 8th date (or be close enough to healthy) and that he will suit up, toss 30 - 40 TDs, 5k yards and the Colts will be back in the SB. Its the dream-scenario. Two words, Andrew Luck. Learn to love the guy because hes going to be here for a long time.

The reason this is upsetting people is because they know deep down that Kravitz is right about Manning. If they truely believed that Manning will be here no doubt about it, this would not bother them at all.

Guess we have a new Nostradamus

This is not sounding good right now.

Exactly. This is coming from Jim's mouth. He's not happy with pm. But I guess wishtv and wthr r just twisting words and pushing manning out.

You are exactly right. As long as things fit it with people's personel agenda they are fine with it, but as soon as something goes against what they believe, they start hating again.

Yeah...I still think it's the whole UNCERTAINTY of a condition like Peyton's that will force Irsay to release Manning. What if you retain him and he's still not healed by Sept.? Not out of the question as slow as the healing process has been so far. If doctors could come out and say fore sure that Peyton would heal 100% at some time down the road it would make the decision a lot easier to keep him. But nobody can say that. I understand that people can't come to grips with Manning not being on the team. I'm having a hard time myself.

To my knowledge, there's no audio/video of the PM interview.

Then perhaps Irsay only knows what we do about that interview....meaning Kravitz's spin.

Odd that there would be tape of the Irsay conversation, but not the PM interview?

Now ur the one spinning stuff. Give me a break

oh wait so how many times has espn stated brett farve was coming back in the past year? 4 maybe 5 times? espn wants the colts to dump manning and it would be realy stupid as a franchise to dump him. too many so called "fans" and non fans want manning gone because what other way will the colts be horrible the next few seasons but to be without manning. you can rebuild a team as you "phase" out the GOAT QB. of course coming from espn and the love fest they have for brady and bellicheck. not sure really how to say this but stop watching espn and all the ^cowpatties^ will just go away.

So Irsay is mad that Peyton did not keep things in house, but yet here he is airing more dirty laundry. How about you call Manning and have a talk instead of talking to the media about having your panties in a bunch.

I have a feeling this ultimately will end very ugly and a lot of bitter feelings.

I can tell Irsay one thing he better hope it ends well because there are a lot of Peyton fans out there and our bandwagon will get much lighter.

That does not sound like Jim Irsay

I'm in wait and see mode to see what is in the star and what Irsay says about it.

That would be a good idea but remember Kravitz will be writing the article and for that reason I don't want to count on the star. JMO

oh wait so how many times has espn stated brett farve was coming back in the past year? 4 maybe 5 times? espn wants the colts to dump manning and it would be realy stupid as a franchise to dump him. too many so called "fans" and non fans want manning gone because what other way will the colts be horrible the next few seasons but to be without manning. you can rebuild a team as you "phase" out the GOAT QB

Lol

oh wait so how many times has espn stated brett farve was coming back in the past year? 4 maybe 5 times? espn wants the colts to dump manning and it would be realy stupid as a franchise to dump him. too many so called "fans" and non fans want manning gone because what other way will the colts be horrible the next few seasons but to be without manning. you can rebuild a team as you "phase" out the GOAT QB

So much ignorance just blind ignorance. This has nothing to do with ESPN. This is Kravitz interviewing Irsay. Why would the Colts be horrible without Manning? What is wrong with rebuilding?

Am I the only one tired of the "it could mean this..OR it could mean this...NO it definitely means this..." from media and people on here?

I'm ready for all of this speculation to end move forward with this chapter. I'm pretty sure it's too much to ask but it's worth a shot.

Bump.

The 80+guests in this thread at the moment need to read this.

Does this really surprise anyone? Come on, if your boss just fired some people that you were very close to and respected a great deal, would you be happy? Kravitz probably would not call you to see how you feel, but then you don't play for the Colts. Peyton Manning is really as upset as he could be and he probably doesn't even feel he has a "house" to keep it in.

Kravitz didnt call Peyton. Peyton called Kravitz.