Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Moncrief scheduled for shoulder MRI

corgi

Just now, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

If it's taken this long after the MRI and still nothing that probably means he's screwed. 

There were some tweets sent to his account from other players wishing him the best. Seems like that would be an overreaction if it's only a day-to-day thing.

1 minute ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

And this was supposed to be his break-out season.

If he's out and T.Y. or Dorsett get dinged down the road our offense is in big trouble.

with the Colts injury luck I bet this scenario happens(though I sincerely hope not).....the Colts will get their D players back and the D play vastly improves but O players will start dropping like flies.

While Crief heals, I'd like to see Hilton, Dorsett, & Smith out there. And Dorsett should never leave the field. We've got to get this guy more involved in the game plan. And bring Reggie back to help him with his route running. I believe Reggie drastically helped TY. With that kind of tutelage, Dorsett could be really take off. 

1 hour ago, cbear said:

Hence drafting the BPA argument.  Majority of us (me included) said why draft Dorsett.  

My problem was that there were similar wrs like Tyler Lockett & stefon diggs that could have been drafted in later rounds. 

Without Moncrief, I'm concerned that our wrs are too small as a unit. 

1 hour ago, bertjones7 said:

My problem was that there were similar wrs like Tyler Lockett & stefon diggs that could have been drafted in later rounds. 

Without Moncrief, I'm concerned that our wrs are too small as a unit. 

I love Dorsett, and he's going to be a stud IMO. But Stephon Diggs is already a beast. He'll be as good if not better than Dorsett throughout their careers IMO. But if we had taken Ronald Darby in the 1st and gotten Diggs in the 3th-5th we would be better off. Plus Danielle Hunter instead of D'Joun Smith would have been pretty awesome. Hunter already has 2 sacks. He's looking like he's going to be a star, double digit sack game wrecking machine. With He and Darby our defense would be drastically better right now.

We'll probably call up Smith as soon as Donte Moncrief's MRI comes back. I really hope it is not season ending. I think the offense will be ok if it is not. Luck can do damage with Hilton, Dorsett, Rogers, and Smith if we are not playing the best secondary in the league in the Broncos. Remember Dorsett had 90+ yards game 1 as the third option.

3 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

I love Dorsett, and he's going to be a stud IMO. But Stephon Diggs is already a beast. He'll be as good if not better than Dorsett throughout their careers IMO. But if we had taken Ronald Darby in the 1st and gotten Diggs in the 3th-5th we would be better off. Plus Danielle Hunter instead of D'Joun Smith would have been pretty awesome. Hunter already has 2 sacks. He's looking like he's going to be a star, double digit sack game wrecking machine. With He and Darby our defense would be drastically better right now.

I agree. A lot of people don't realize that diggs was a top 10 national hs recruit regardless of position. Some considered him the #1 wr or #1 overall athlete. He could have gone anywhere but decided to stay home and attend Maryland. His first 2 years were very promising. He came out his junior year after a relatively disappointing season. He was a steal. 

Im a diehard Canes fan and watched practically every game Dorsett played in college. Although he has terrific straight line speed, IMO he was never elusive and at time his hands were suspect (see ND game - dropped 2 tds). His hands seem to have improved significantly.  Curious to see how his season progresses. 

On September 19, 2016 at 8:28 AM, corgi said:

According to Schefter. Hopefully it's nothing major.

He'll be fine, I'm sure he'll be ready to play day by day possibly questionable questionable out indefinitely season ending temporarily out of commission feasibly may play murder death kill.

4 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

In all fairness to Dorsett his career got put on hold with a broken leg and he was far not the top receiver as Diggs.

Using hind sight is pretty easy too.

6 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

While Crief heals, I'd like to see Hilton, Dorsett, & Smith out there. And Dorsett should never leave the field. We've got to get this guy more involved in the game plan. And bring Reggie back to help him with his route running. I believe Reggie drastically helped TY. With that kind of tutelage, Dorsett could be really take off. 

Bring back Reggie? For what? He is not even close to the player that he was or he would have already been working somewhere.

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Danielle Hunter is a 4-3 DE, and doesn't even start for the Vikings.

But he'd be a 3-4 OLB for the Colts and it's not clear that he can make that conversion.

We didn't have much luck with the last time we tried to make that switch.     His name was Bjorn Werner.

He is standing up as an OLB often in Minnesota and has 1 of his two sacks playing OLB. Bjoern Werner didn't have the burst of Hunter off the ball and Hunter developed as a pass rusher in terms of his moves. Werner hasn't done that. Not yet anyway if he ever does

6 minutes ago, Gavin said:

He is standing up as an OLB often in Minnesota and has 1 of his two sacks playing OLB. Bjoern Werner didn't have the burst of Hunter off the ball and Hunter developed as a pass rusher in terms of his moves. Werner hasn't done that. Not yet anyway if he ever does

When you go to the Vikings website,  on their depth chart,  they show a 4-3 defense with Hunter as the 2nd string LDE.       Other than that,  I can't help you.

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

When you go to the Vikings website,  on their depth chart,  they show a 4-3 defense with Hunter as the 2nd string LDE.       Other than that,  I can't help you.

I just helped you. I watched the tape. Just because a player is on the depth chart one way doesn't mean he plays that exclusively. He has stood up and rushed some. He has also been very good against the run in 15 run snaps but that's besides the point. He has played in 65 snaps in a rotation

W

NCF1 hour ago, Gavin said:

I just helped you. I watched the tape. Just because a player is on the depth chart one way doesn't mean he plays that exclusively. He has stood up and rushed some. He has also been very good against the run in 15 run snaps but that's besides the point. He has played in 65 snaps in a rotation

NCF is always going to say the same thing every single time on that subject. Might as well leave it be. I've tried in the past myself. Just how he sees it I guess.

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Bring back Reggie? For what? He is not even close to the player that he was or he would have already been working somewhere.

I most certainly didn't mean bring Reggie back to play any more. Those days are gone. Lol. I meant as a receivers coach or even just as a consultant. I believe Reggie's tutelage helped TY become a pro bowl receiver. I think it could help Dorsett become a perennial all pro receiver. 

2 hours ago, zibby43 said:

Per a source on Twitter, Moncrief was seen at a charity event without a sling and is close to football ready.

At this point, Moncrief is considered questionable for the Chargers game. 

Didn't even know he had somewhat of a serious injury supposedly. If he's ok for the most part, that's great news. We can't afford to lose him. 1 week is ok, but we'll need him back quickly.

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I see you're still making friends. Lol

The NFL is not one-size fits all. You could be right about this one player, but you could also be dead wrong. Not all players fit in only one system, or at just one position in that system.

Creativity to see all of the angles man. Creativity. You gotta have that.

3 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

I see you're still making friends. Lol

The NFL is not one-size fits all. You could be right about this one player, but you could also be dead wrong. Not all players fit in only one system, or at just one position in that system.

Creativity to see all of the angles man. Creativity. You gotta have that.

I see you're still taking shots.      Lol.        

Like the insurance commercial says.....     "It's what you do...."

How's that for creativity?!

9 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

I most certainly didn't mean bring Reggie back to play any more. Those days are gone. Lol. I meant as a receivers coach or even just as a consultant. I believe Reggie's tutelage helped TY become a pro bowl receiver. I think it could help Dorsett become a perennial all pro receiver. 

I would have no problem with that but you wasn't clear with your comment. I have no clue if Reggie would even be interested in doing anything like that?

The WR position could really use another tall strong wr along with Moncrief that can snatch the ball out of the air and draw attention away from our short wr's. I much prefer taller stronger wr's that can get physical and have a much bigger catch radius giving a QB more room for error on his throws in general creating almost weekly match up problems.