Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chuck Pagano complaints (merge)

RockThatBlue

3 hours ago, CoachLite said:

Players are human. They probably won't have the "impact" you want all the time. Good coaching takes that into consideration and plays are (should be) designed for less-than-perfect execution. The things that get me are from the confusion - the mental mistakes - like false starts and blown assignments, especially at critical times.

I believe in the statement "you play as you practice". It may be that the practices are actually perfecting mistake making. Pagano talks about "cleaning things up", but I wonder why things aren't getting cleaned up to an acceptable level?

Your only partially right. Your paying these players to perform and it's not working

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, relkins said:

Your only partially right. Your paying these players to perform and it's not working

You have to keep the level of talent in mind too.  You can pay DQ $5 mil a year to perform, but you have to understand his physical limitations because of his age.  Just because you pay the players, doesn't mean they can perform at a high level

2 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Praying we lose so we can finally fire this sack of %

A little over the top, don't you think?  I think he should be fired, but that's a bit much.  He's still a class person.

Defense has been playing awful, offensive play calling was awful on the 3rd and 4th and short.  This entire coaching staff is in over their heads

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

A little over the top, don't you think?  I think he should be fired, but that's a bit much.  He's still a class person.

Defense has been playing awful, offensive play calling was awful on the 3rd and 4th and short.  This entire coaching staff is in over their heads

Not over the top at all. He should have been fired before this.

Gee, if we had just kicked that field goal instead of blowing a timeout and NOT converting on fourth we would be looking at a different outcome. But as usual, Pagano's poor game management and general cluelessness bring about typical results. He needs to go.

1 minute ago, our_dbs_rock said:

So, who 'deserves' to be promoted if a coach is fired?

Chud and Philbin are probably the next ones in line, but neither deserves it.  If Pagano is fired, it would likely be Philbin for the remainder of the year.  But I don't think I'd want Philbin to be the head coach next year.

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

Chud and Philbin are probably the next ones in line, but neither deserves it.  If Pagano is fired, it would likely be Philbin for the remainder of the year.  But I don't think I'd want Philbin to be the head coach next year.

That's what I'm thinking.  There really are no good choices right now.  All the firing would do is make a statement.  But in reality, they would all prolly be gone at the end of the season if this continues. 

5 minutes ago, TrueColt! said:

I apologize for writing this here, but can anyone help me delete my account? I looked all over on this site. I can't find it. Thanks a lot.

If you're serious about it, then get in touch with @Nadine.  Though I do think you should take some time to think about it before deleting your account.  Don't make knee-jerk reactions.  Up to you