Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Predict the MVP for this season

RockThatBlue

13 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Well I guess I'll be the first.

Andrew Luck....

And I actually believe this. If not I think he'll be in the hunt. I expect him to put it all together this year and become recognized as a top 3 QB.

I think Luck will win Comeback Player of the year award. I still think hes a year or two from being an MVP, but regardless I expect a great year from him this year, just not MVP good. 

I will also go with Aaron Rodgers but GB is my pick to win the SB. Regarding Andrew I can definitely see him being in the hunt. He probably feels like he has something to prove after last season in getting his reputation back being a Top 5 QB in the league which he was in 2014. I still feel pretty good about my 10-6 Colts pick and winning the Division + I think Andrew throws for 4000 and 35 TD's as well.

24 minutes ago, BertJones said:

Luck or Brees

I would love to see the Saints win the NFC South because I don't like the Panthers. Always have liked Drew Brees. They beat us in the SB but I have no hard feelings about it. They have never been a team that I have disliked. Teams I dislike the most are the Pats, Steelers, Seahawks, Panthers, Texans, Jags. Texans and Jags mainly because they are in our Division.

Would love for it to be Andrew, as that would mean a great comeback and great year for us.   Having said that, he could also be the recipient of the Comeback player of the Year.   Very Possible.

I also think Cam and Aaron will be in the running for MVP.   

it might be interesting, not many people were picking cam before the season last year

i think gurley could be a dark horse, but the rams will have to win for that to happen and i dont think they will get enough

ill go with roethlisberger

34 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

This will go very well here {cough}. Going bold-

MVP - Rusell Wilson.   -- Runner up Big Ben

CPOY - Andrew Luck

RDPOY - Jalen Ramsey

ROPOY - Ezekiel Elliot

DPOY - Luke Kueckley

OPOY - Todd Gurley

COTY - Bill O'Brien. (Sadly)

I will go:

MVP - Aaron Rodgers, throws for 4500 Yards/40 TD's, leads GB to a 13-3 #1Seed.

CPOY - Andrew Luck, throws for 4000 Yards/35 TD's and leads Colts to the Division Title at 10-6.

RDPOY - Leonard Floyd, gets 10 sacks on a bad team being the Bears.

ROPOY - Ezekiel Elliot, goes for over 1200 Yards easily, especially with Romo out. Probably gains 1300 Rushing! 

DPOY - JJ Watt, despite his back surgery cant go against him. Texans will have a winning record at 9-7.

OPOY - Antonio Brown, around 115 Receptions/slightly over 1600 Yards/15 TD's or so.

COTY - Mike McCarthy, I have the Packers going 13-3.

SB Champion - Packers

21 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Cam Newton, Aaron Rodgers, and Ben Roethlisberger may have something to say about that.

I'll go with Rodgers

Meh, Cam Newton isn't going to have a repeat season and Roethlisberger hasn't been relevant in the MVP race for years. Aaron Rodgers proved he can't do anything without his stud WR's, meanwhile Luck was making things happen with very little since 2012.

I take the MVP tag literal, who was really the leagues most valuable player. Was it Cam Newton last year? doubtful, but he had some great stats. They should just change it to the great stats award.

35 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

Meh, Cam Newton isn't going to have a repeat season and Roethlisberger hasn't been relevant in the MVP race for years. Aaron Rodgers proved he can't do anything without his stud WR's, meanwhile Luck was making things happen with very little since 2012.

I take the MVP tag literal, who was really the leagues most valuable player. Was it Cam Newton last year? doubtful, but he had some great stats. They should just change it to the great stats award.

Cam Newton and the Panthers had one of the league's better offenses (including best scoring offense) despite a pretty bad WR corps.  He elevated the guys around him

12 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Cam Newton and the Panthers had one of the league's better offenses (including best scoring offense) despite a pretty bad WR corps.  He elevated the guys around him

He may have elevated them a little, but I think the system there is what put them over the top. Don't get me wrong, he is a great QB, and the Panthers did well last season, but I don't think he deserved MVP.

11 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

He may have elevated them a little, but I think the system there is what put them over the top. Don't get me wrong, he is a great QB, and the Panthers did well last season, but I don't think he deserved MVP.

Who would you have given it to last year?  I understand they had a good running game and their scheme was good, but a good scheme alone doesn't get you to be the number 1 scoring offense in the league.  You need a good scheme, but you need talented players to carry it out.  And you need a QB to lead that, which Cam did

5 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

This will go very well here {cough}. Going bold-

MVP - Rusell Wilson.   -- Runner up Big Ben

CPOY - Andrew Luck

RDPOY - Jalen Ramsey

ROPOY - Ezekiel Elliot

DPOY - Luke Kueckley

OPOY - Todd Gurley

COTY - Bill O'Brien. (Sadly)

I like all your picks. Let's see if I could be a little different.

MVP --  Russell Wilson  (Runner up: Adrian Peterson)

CPOY --    Le'Veon Bell

RDPOY -- Karl Joseph 

ROPOY -- Ezekiel Elliot

DPOY --   JJ Watt

OPOY --   Adrian Peterson 

Coach of the Year:  Mike Zimmer :)

34 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

CPOY --    Le'Veon Bell

RDPOY -- Karl Joseph 

ROPOY -- Ezekiel Elliot

DPOY --   JJ Watt

I like yours too, I do!! but here I'll explain why my guys got ahead of those guys for my list-   ;-)

While Bell is important, Ben/Brown and the passing game will overshadow him. Other RB's  (AD, Elliot, Gurley) may rack up as big or better numbers. Either Luck takes us to the playoffs, or we sit in Jan/Feb again.

I like the Karl Joseph pick, but I got Bob Sanders on my mind.  Can the little engine that could stay healthy all year playing the way he can/does?

JJ Watt actually made it to #3 on my list.  Why?  Besides shoulder, I had Von Miller ahead of him.  After that SB display, and his vow to get better, how could I not?  I almost place him ahead of Luke.

Of course you go for All Day.  But Rams #1 pick, a QB, isn't even dressing up for game 1.  Two backup QB's are still ahead of him.  Gurley is their offense.  Poor Fisher, looks like more 7 - 9 nonsense, or worse.

I almost picked Zimmer, but if Osweiler pans out, the Texans could actually and finally make good on all of those pundits that were giving them accolades these last few years. B. O'Brien then gets genius status. {groan}

Nice list, was almost mine too.

20 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I like yours too, I do!! but here I'll explain why my guys got ahead of those guys for my list-   ;-)

While Bell is important, Ben/Brown and the passing game will overshadow him. Other RB's  (AD, Elliot, Gurley) may rack up as big or better numbers. Either Luck takes us to the playoffs, or we sit in Jan/Feb again.

I like the Karl Joseph pick, but I got Bob Sanders on my mind.  Can the little engine that could stay healthy all year playing the way he can/does?

JJ Watt actually made it to #3 on my list.  Why?  Besides shoulder, I had Von Miller ahead of him.  After thast SB display, and his vow to get better, how could I not?  I almost place him ahead of Luke.

Of course you go for All Day.  But Rams #1 pick, a QB, isn't even dressing up for game 1.  Two backup QB's are still ahead of him.  Gurley is their offense.  Poor Fisher, looks like more 7 - 9 nonsense, or worse.

I almost picked Zimmer, but if Osweiler pans out, the Texans could actually and finally make good on all of those pundits that were giving them accolades these last few years. B. O'Brien en thgets genius status. {groan}

Nice list, was almost mine too.

I got you. I almost selected Von Miller too. I could not think of anyone else. 

I should have picked Myles Jack for RDOY. As for my pick getting injured, you have a point. But wasn't Ramsey injured too? Maybe we should go with Buckner haha

I like Mike Zimmer for Coach of the Year because the media likes to reward coaches placed in difficult situations such as the one he is in (losing the starting QB a week before the season). He is a sentimental choice. I also think he is a really good coach. 

Are you playing FF? My extended family has a league. We play for bragging rights. My team has two of your award winners:  Wilson is my #1 QB (also have Carr) and Gurley is my #1 RB. 

@ColtsBlue and NFLfan, NAHHHHHH my list is the best (sarcasm). It probably will be tough for JJ Watt to win DPOY again though considering he has won it 2 years in a row. I am not certain he will stay healthy all season either but I couldn't pick against him. If Luck has any kind of Good season he will run away with CPOY just based on reputation alone. Aaron Rodgers is going to feast on teams like the Bears and Lions in his Division as well.

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

CPOY --    Le'Veon Bell

RDPOY -- Karl Joseph 

ROPOY -- Ezekiel Elliot

DPOY --   JJ Watt

Bell will have to have a monster year to win it.   He is gonna be home for 3 weeks watching.  If Luck makes it through the season healthy he will win it IMO