Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which waived guys should Grigson consider?

Archer

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Grigson is sort of at a crossroads.  He (actually, Jim) just made Luck the highest paid QB in the land so he  sort of has to push the envelope and win somewhat soon.  Injuries are gonna' happen, and if you have a chance to put your team in a better position by getting a quality player without losing a draft choice...

It's only money....heh, heh.

How's our cap??

Theres always a way to fit a guy in if they really want him.   

Personally for me I would definitely unequivocally without a hesitation sign sitton. I think he would serve our o line well and would be an immediate improvement.

id also give hillman over ferguson as some have said...I think the kid can play and I think he'd be more valuable than ferg immediately.

i sure hope we at least get Sitton though it would be nice to have him on the line...given our injuries for sure

2 hours ago, krunk said:

Are u sure they cut Burley? I haven't seen that yet. I'm excited if they did though. Kid can play

From the Seahawks website:

Terminated Veteran Contracts Of: G Jahri Evans, FB Will Tukuafu

Waived: DT Brandin Bryant, TE Clayton Echard, QB Jake Heaps, LB Steve Longa, WR Douglas McNeil III, WR E.Z. Nwachukwu, WR Kasen Williams, RB Troymaine Pope, G/C Will Pericak, WR Antwan Goodley, DE Tylor Harris, SS Keenan Lambert, WR Kenny Lawler, LB Kache Palacio, DE Ryan Robinson, CB Tye Smith, DT Tani Tupou

Waived/Injured: TE Joe Sommers, CB Marcus Burley, DT Jordan Hill, LB Eric Pinkins, T Terry Poole

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Daryl Roberts, Marcus Burley, if possible Erik Rowe.

I would love to bring Burley back and to add Roberts.  I would look at Neiko Thorpe 6'1 200lbs kind of a surprise cut by Oakland. 

Milliner has done nothing but sit injured. He's just a name.  

NT Garrison Smith he had 15 tackles and 2 sacks in 4 games. 

OG Yankey and Poutsai both were moved out to T bad idea 

58 minutes ago, MTC said:

Dee Milliner is awful. Don't let the "former first round pick" title fool you.

Who I'd like:

49ers LB Marcus Rush

Panthers CB Zack Sanchez

Chiefs OG Jarrod Pughsley

Ravens S Terrance Brooks

Yeah....Bjorn Werner is a "former first round pick" too.

Signing Josh Sitton and Justin Forsett would drastically improve our team. Then we should pick up a couple of Tyron Holmes, Victor Ochi James Cowser, Harlan Miller, and Piere Desir too. If Grigs was a good GM he would be on the phone with Sitton's agent right now telling him "we want your client at all costs. Don't even bother talking to any other teams"

So the Broncos are wanting to trade an elite CB. Well. How great would Talib, Davis, Robinson, and Cromartie be????? So the logical thing IMO to do would be to sign Josh Sitton by any means necessary, then make the trade for Talib (Unless it costs a 1st rounder). We need some swagger to our defense. To our entire team actually. Talib would bring us some of that nasty, in your face, type attitude we need on defense.

11 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

So the Broncos are wanting to trade an elite CB. Well. How great would Talib, Davis, Robinson, and Cromartie be????? So the logical thing IMO to do would be to sign Josh Sitton by any means necessary, then make the trade for Talib (Unless it costs a 1st rounder). We need some swagger to our defense. To our entire team actually. Talib would bring us some of that nasty, in your face, type attitude we need on defense.

Elway has already said that the rumor was false.  They aren't trading Talib

1 hour ago, MTC said:

Dee Milliner is awful. Don't let the "former first round pick" title fool you.

Who I'd like:

49ers LB Marcus Rush

Panthers CB Zack Sanchez

Chiefs OG Jarrod Pughsley

Ravens S Terrance Brooks

Remember how badly people here wanted Brooks in the 2014 draft? Crazy that it's 2016 and he got waived.

19 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Remember how badly people here wanted Brooks in the 2014 draft? Crazy that it's 2016 and he got waived.

His best use right now is in Robber coverage or a Nickel/Dime Back in my opinion. I think he would have a solid chance to excel in a Cover 2 scheme where he can come up and tackle or lay a lick on someone. Either way he has no business being exposed in Man coverage. he don't have the coverage skills for that. That's why I didn't want him

1 hour ago, Andretoindy said:

Vets 

sitton

young guys

burley

ochi

desir

tyrone holmes 

leblanc 

harlan miller 

david yankey 

Caraun Reid  

morgan fox

derrick lott 

taiwan jones

ed reynolds

aziz %tu 

zac hodges

barret jones

devon cajuste 

cory lemioner

shane skov

kelvin taylor

marcus rush  

This list should end at Holmes. I would take Yankey. What WR is Cajuste beating out? Skov at ILB Lemioner has 1 sack in 3 yrs Barrett Jones is just bad and always hurt. We cut Hodges last year. We are trying to sign better players than the ones on the roster. I've seen others have Leblanc even my man Archer you guys know he's like 5'8 right I think Roberts in the CB to get from NE. 

1 hour ago, Mr Clueless said:

People are going to implode if Grigson does absolutely nothing, LOL! Including me.

I wouldn't be one that does. I am pretty sure there are more important things to get upset about other than what Grigsons does or does not do.

If being a fan drives you to the point of exploding maybe it's time to find something else a little less troublesome to you?

5 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Signing Josh Sitton and Justin Forsett would drastically improve our team. Then we should pick up a couple of Tyron Holmes, Victor Ochi James Cowser, Harlan Miller, and Piere Desir too. If Grigs was a good GM he would be on the phone with Sitton's agent right now telling him "we want your client at all costs. Don't even bother talking to any other teams"

You think the mark of a good GM is handing a 30yr old G a blank check? I would be willing to bet Grig's is 1 of 31 GM's asking about Sitton.

I would be more impressed with our GM if he turned players like Butler,Coffman, QB3, F Williams, Brown and Ferguson into Thorpe-CB, Burley CB, Cowser OLB. Poutsai G/T, Desir CB and Troymaine Powell RB. 

I would make the tough call and cut Tolzien. Our secondary would be over hauled with younger players. Thorpe and Burley have had success. Desir has the skill set you look for.  Davis Cromartie Robinson Burley Thorpe Desir are now our CB's. It is a lot of change but how can it not be better the skill level is much higher.

We add a pass rusher in Cowser who looked good in Oakland. We get a guy in Poutsai who can move back inside to OG provide depth and let Haeg play where I think he belong at T.  Haeg may take the RT job when healthy. 

Troymaine Pope had 24 carries for 162 yards 2tds while the Seahawks sorted out their line. None of the other back ran like that. He should have beat out their 5th rounder Collins. If not for guys Rawls Micheal Prosise 1-3 Pope's not out there. He's a stout 5'9 205 electrical storm not just a spark Ferguson was supposed to be. The kid is strong with the ball as he is fast and elusive. He puts a foot in the ground and explodes north and south. He is fast in game speed. He caught the ball well at his pro day. He needs work on his blocking but he's plenty strong put up 225 25x's. This kid has it you can see it. I can't believe Carroll didn't trade one of the big boys and keep him. Oh and he almost took 2 KO's to the house he's the kind of guy if he gets even he's leavin. Lockett might have saved Collins. It neutralized Popes KR/PR skills. I went in thinking 3 RB's but I want this kid. He probably makes Todman expendable too. 

I know what are the chance Grig's brings in 3 new CB's? He's stuck on what he thinks Ferguson should be like they were with Ballard last year. It was plain as day from camp day 1 that Ballard was toast. He sat on the 53 man until everyone was signed. Ferguson has done nothing but here we are. Cowser I like but I'm not married to him but adding a pass rusher and an OG are good ideas.

Milliner and Roberts were waived injured I liked Roberts. 

3 hours ago, krunk said:

Showed to be a bad run defender though.  I assume we can work with him to get better at that, while rushing the passer on passing downs maybe. 

That's an understatement He's not there vs the run. He so bad vs the run he can't be on the field. He had 6 sacks 2FF and an INT in 4 games and got cut. He's historically bad vs the run.

Krunk did you watch Troymaine Pope RB for Seattle 24 for 164 2tds did fantastic job on KR's. He's from Jackson St 5'9 205 he put up 225 25x's. I want this kid. I can't believe Carroll let him go. The depth chart is Rawls Michael Prosise Collins. They took both Prosise and Collins this year or Pope would not be available. The size speed strength I already know who you are thinking about. 

3 hours ago, krunk said:

Showed to be a bad run defender though.  I assume we can work with him to get better at that, while rushing the passer on passing downs maybe. 

That's an understatement He's not there vs the run. He so bad vs the run he can't be on the field. He had 6 sacks 2FF and an INT in 4 games and got cut. He's historically bad vs the run.

Krunk did you watch Troymaine Pope RB for Seattle 24 for 164 2tds did fantastic job on KR's. He's from Jackson St 5'9 205 he put up 225 25x's. I want this kid. I can't believe Carroll let him go. The depth chart is Rawls Michael Prosise Collins. They took both Prosise and Collins this year or Pope would not be available. The size speed strength I already know who you are thinking about.